PDA

View Full Version : We've got to do something about all these Asians

GSH
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
It's a good thing a White Hispanic like George Zimmerman didn't say something like this. There would be riots in the streets. I mean.... an elected official in Washington D.C.? Where's Jesse and Al?

And don't bother telling us that Marion Barry is an idiot. It's not about him. It's about the gigantic sucking sound from the left, when one of their own goes public with his racism.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2012/04/barry-we%E2%80%99ve-got-do-something-about-these-asians-coming/448886
Celebrating his victory in the Democratic primary on Tuesday night, Barry spoke up about the prominence of businesses owned by Asians in the District.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

------

Dirty shops? Really? I guess Marion won't be shaking their hands, either.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
GSH were you born from 1945 to 1964?

BlairForceDejuan
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Nobody cares about racism, how many points can we score from this!?

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Barry is an idiot?

GSH
04-05-2012, 01:07 PM
GSH were you born from 1945 to 1964?

One of my great-grandmothers was Black Seminole. I'm sure you've never heard of them. Escaped slaves who moved in with the Seminole tribes in Florida.

My grandfather (on the other side) wasn't allowed to go to school because he was an Indian. (My family refuses to use PC terms like Native American.) He died from TB he got while serving this country in the Cavalry, in Europe, as a blacksmith.

One of my aunts died from a rattlesnake bite she got picking peas. She was 9 years old. Another died from dehydration as a small child, because they couldn't get a doctor to see her.

My family has earned the right to an opinion, just as much as yours. Whatever techniques you might use to invalidate it. Fuck off with your speculation about my background.

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2012, 01:07 PM
barry is an idiot who does not represent the left.. eric rudolph...

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
One of my great-grandmothers was Black Seminole. I'm sure you've never heard of them. Escaped slaves who moved in with the Seminole tribes in Florida.

My grandfather (on the other side) wasn't allowed to go to school because he was an Indian. (My family refuses to use PC terms like Native American.) He died from TB he got while serving this country in the Cavalry, in Europe, as a blacksmith.

One of my aunts died from a rattlesnake bite she got picking peas. She was 9 years old. Another died from dehydration as a small child, because they couldn't get a doctor to see her.

My family has earned the right to an opinion, just as much as yours. Whatever techniques you might use to invalidate it. Fuck off with your speculation about my background.

your family might have earned that right, but what have you done to earn it?

ElNono
04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

I'm pretty sure she's talking about Asians... and that's where the question was going...

GSH
04-05-2012, 01:10 PM
your family might have earned that right, but what have you done to earn it?

I absolutely LOVE it when the left comes out of the closet.

Nice one.

ElNono
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I doubt there would be "riots on the street"... but that doesn't mean that dude Barry isn't an idiot

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
barry has become more a radical, racial, seperationist, isolationalist since he started smoking crack. maybe there's a correlation?

boutons_deux
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
So, Mr Barry, what's stopping black and Hispanic citizens from opening those very same shops instead of Asian immigrants? Could it be cultural, difference in work ethic?

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I absolutely LOVE it when the left comes out of the closet.

Nice one.

What does that mean? you're claiming all these amazing feats on behalf of your ancestors, but what have you done?

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I absolutely LOVE it when the right comes out and further proves what idiots they are.

Nice one.

GSH
04-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure she's talking about Asians... and that's where the question was going...

You arrogang fucking pricks. Both of you.

My mom was living with relatives in California. She talks about how everything was rationed. My family used to bring things to share with the people in the camp. Things that they already didn't have enough of. (I think the camp was at Stockton, if I remember right.)

You people presume way too fucking much about anyone who has a different point of view. I'm done with you. Whether I post here anymore or not, you're not worth recognition.

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM

My mom was living with relatives in California. She talks about how everything was rationed. My family used to bring things to share with the people in the camp. Things that they already didn't have enough of. (I think the camp was at Stockton, if I remember right.)

You people presume way too fucking much about anyone who has a different point of view. I'm done with you. Whether I post here anymore or not, you're not worth recognition.

bye bye

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM

cry much? if you were an american you'd understand that everyone is entitled to any opinion they want regardless of what their ancestors did. the fact that one is an american is all the justification they need for having an opinion. I was just giving you a hard time b/c it sounds like your family has done some interesting stuff, but you haven't done shit.

Winehole23
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
erstwhile DC mayor for life and crack smoker Marion Barry plays cynically on race? that's a totally new one on me...

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
It's a good thing a White Hispanic like George Zimmerman didn't say something like this. There would be riots in the streets. I mean.... an elected official in Washington D.C.? Where's Jesse and Al?

And don't bother telling us that Marion Barry is an idiot. It's not about him. It's about the gigantic sucking sound from the left, when one of their own goes public with his racism.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2012/04/barry-we%E2%80%99ve-got-do-something-about-these-asians-coming/448886
Celebrating his victory in the Democratic primary on Tuesday night, Barry spoke up about the prominence of businesses owned by Asians in the District.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

------

Dirty shops? Really? I guess Marion won't be shaking their hands, either.

For the record: He is an idiot. He has been an idiot. He will always be an idiot.

As a Democrat I am appalled about his behavior, and would like nothing more than having him booted, if he is even still a member of the party.

That said, most local elections don't even use party affiliations.

Which would make him a local idiot, and the people who voted for him, knowing he is an idiot, idiots.

THAT said, why exactly is a Washington councilman supposed to be a national concern?

Because you say so?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 01:33 PM

The implication is, of course that absent a 24/7 outragathon about this, which you seem to feel is warranted, it is condoned.

Do you have any quotes from a Democrat agreeing with him?

Do you think that anybody on the left condones this?

ElNono
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM

What did I do?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Lol, you felt the need to tell us that you are black and american indian as if that makes any difference one way or another.

Them enduring hardship is noteworthy but I fail to see how that makes your opinion worth more than anyone elses. Given that your ancestor from 4 generations ago was an escaped slave that puts her born prior to 1860. that does line up for you being born 1945 to 1964.

You have to earn your own way fuckface. Their noble deeds does not excuse you being a deceptive, obfuscating piece of shit.

CosmicCowboy
04-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Barry is right. those damn asians are making even our white kids look lazy and dumb.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM

My grandfather (on the other side) wasn't allowed to go to school because he was an Indian. (My family refuses to use PC terms like Native American.)

If you want to roll that way, I can think of 1,300,000,000 Indians who might find it odd that people would cling to a mistake made by some idiot 300 years ago. They would find it less politically correct and more... how do you say in English? Accurate?

I love Indian food. I know tons of Indians, and find their diverse cultures and languages fascinating. Hell, I even dated an Indian once.

Now try to figure out which group of people I am talking about.

clambake
04-05-2012, 01:42 PM
as if marion barry is on someone's team. lol

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
What did I do?

Disagreed with him, I would guess. I think he would find me to be in that category as well.

People who don't like having their views challenged tend to think of people that do challenge their views as arrogant pricks.

They also have a habit of giving up in forums when challenged, in favor of echo-chambers. Yoni comes to mind.

Blake
Barry is right. those damn asians are making even our white kids look lazy and dumb.

We all know that's probably how you really feel.

JoeChalupa
I am embarrassed and distancing.

Blake
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
What did I do?

:lol

GSH firing bullets at anyone in range.

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
what barry says is important and should be on the front page of every news publication!!! every outlet should operate like Drudgereport (iow posting every possible news story/blog that makes black people look violent, ignorant, etc.)!!!!

CosmicCowboy
04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
We all know that's probably how you really feel.

And we all know you are a butthurt fucking idiot.

TeyshaBlue
04-05-2012, 02:03 PM
This emerging Black v. Asian theme is not unique to DC. We've been playing around with it in DFW too.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2012-03-29/news/showdown-at-the-shamrock/

Blake
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
And we all know you are a butthurt fucking idiot.

I don't get butthurt. We all know you do though.

xrayzebra
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Your learning GSH. Your learning. If there were no on liners, these folks
would be tongue tied.

xrayzebra
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
D.C., the perfect example of a city run by Dimm-o-craps. Produce nothing, schools
are crap, and depend on the government for everything they have. Even their
"non-representative" in Congress does nothing but draw a pay check and attempt to
vote.

leemajors
04-05-2012, 02:16 PM
This emerging Black v. Asian theme is not unique to DC. We've been playing around with it in DFW too.

thanks for that link

Viva Las Espuelas
04-05-2012, 02:19 PM
If you want to roll that way, I can think of 1,300,000,000 Indians who might find it odd that people would cling to a mistake made by some idiot 300 years ago. They would find it less politically correct and more... how do you say in English? Accurate?

I love Indian food. I know tons of Indians, and find their diverse cultures and languages fascinating. Hell, I even dated an Indian once.

Now try to figure out which group of people I am talking about.I believe the next few words after the one you highlighted clued the "out crowd" as to what Indians he was talking about. SMH

Viva Las Espuelas
04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I am embarrassed and distancing.
:lol
I'm sure you are, Joe. I'm sure you.

Winehole23
04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
@ xray:

while it is certainly true that DC is true blue, the US Congress has supreme authority over the city.

The District is governed by a locally elected mayor and 13-member city council. However, the United States Congress has supreme authority over the city and may overturn local laws. Residents therefore have less self-governance than residents of the U.S. states. The District has a non-voting, at-large Congressional delegate, but no senators. D.C. residents could not vote in presidential elections until the ratification of the Twenty-third Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1961.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,D.C

JoeChalupa
04-05-2012, 02:38 PM
D.C., the perfect example of a city run by Dimm-o-craps. Produce nothing, schools
"non-representative" in Congress does nothing but draw a pay check and attempt to
vote.

Yeah, like all cities run by republicraps are better.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Your learning GSH. Your learning. If there were no on liners, these folks
would be tongue tied.

vote.

anyone else seeing the irony here? partisanship in this country is so amusing.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I believe the next few words after the one you highlighted clued the "out crowd" as to what Indians he was talking about. SMH

I didn't say I couldn't figure it out, or that it wasn't obvious.

I said that "Native American" is more accurate than "Indian".

"Indian" civilization has been around for thousands of years before our country. If anyone deserves to be pissy about use of the term it is the people *in* or from INDIA.

Did that help?

(not trying to be an ass, just clearly understood)

EVAY
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I can't believe that Marion Barry is out of jail

I can't believe that the idiot voters in D.C. re-elected the jerk.

When I lived there for a while he got like a 70% percent election total and when I remarked to a native how astounding that seemed to me (how popular he was) they smiled at me and said "oh, right...you're new here aren't you?"

I think the guy is certifiable, and the D.C electorate has to be to keep him in.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I can't believe that Marion Barry is out of jail

I can't believe that the idiot voters in D.C. re-elected the jerk.

When I lived there for a while he got like a 70% percent election total and when I remarked to a native how astounding that seemed to me (how popular he was) they smiled at me and said "oh, right...you're new here aren't you?"

I think the guy is certifiable, and the D.C electorate has to be to keep him in.

Remember, he isn't the mayor. He is a councilman.

He doesn't even have to convince the entire city to vote for him. It is also what makes him far less relevant, and what makes the OP far less honest.

LnGrrrR
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Definitely a stupid and offensive thing for him to say. Thanks for posting GSH.

Jacob1983
04-05-2012, 04:32 PM
No one cares about Asians. It's harsh but true.

LnGrrrR
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Someone should ask Tiger Woods how he feels about the issue.

Or maybe the Wu-Tang clan...

Spurminator
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Barry is an idiot.

EVAY
04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Remember, he isn't the mayor. He is a councilman.

He doesn't even have to convince the entire city to vote for him. It is also what makes him far less relevant, and what makes the OP far less honest.

Oh, thanks, RG. I did not realize that. I thought he had been reelected mayor again.

You're right. It is a lot less relevant.

But he is still a jerk!:lol

baseline bum
04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
mTMif8cGlcE

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Remember when I was talking about always having to argue against stances that aren't yours because someone has decided you play for the same team as someone else? In other words, some crack head speaks out about something and I have to rail against it or I'm for it or I have to be outraged even though I hadn't heard of it or I'm a hypocrite?

This thread is a textbook example. Its much easier to defeat people in arguments when you decide their positions for them. So dumb.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Honestly, do you guys think that ever racist remark that is uttered by the GOP gains huge media attention? Really?

JoeChalupa
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
And I'm clueless?

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
first they chase of the mexicans, now they chasin asians?

Spurminator
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Remember when I was talking about always having to argue against stances that aren't yours because someone has decided you play for the same team as someone else? In other words, some crack head speaks out about something and I have to rail against it or I'm for it or I have to be outraged even though I hadn't heard of it or I'm a hypocrite?

This thread is a textbook example. Its much easier to defeat people in arguments when you decide their positions for them. So dumb.

But look at the lack of coverage from Lefty Liberal Media!

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=marion+barry+asians

JoeChalupa
04-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I agree that this should have received more coverage.