PDA

View Full Version : Do you date girls who are friends with their exes?

Troll Assassin
04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I mean by "friends" like still talk to them in some capacity? To me after a while of talkin or dating someone like that, I lose interest because its pretty awkward to be on a date and her saying everything her ex just texted her out loud. IDK though.

DMC
04-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I did. Why? Because people who can go through a breakup without being mentally scarred over it are better suited for rational discussions and make better decisions.

Fucking their ex is something different, unless their ex is also female.

Texting each other during a date? No. Talking terms? Sure. Sounds like she's just not that into you. Maybe you should show her your trolling prowess on ST.

mavs>spurs
04-05-2012, 10:13 PM
If the bitch is still talking to her ex, shes scandalous. If she respected you, she'd not talk to her exes out of respect for you if nothing else. I never understood the whole rationale behind being friends with exes. If I break up with you, I did it for a reason. I'm done with you. Ex's are ex's for a reason imho.

Reck
04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
If the bitch is still talking to her ex, shes scandalous. If she respected you, she'd not talk to her exes out of respect for you if nothing else. I never understood the whole rationale behind being friends with exes. If I break up with you, I did it for a reason. I'm done with you. Ex's are ex's for a reason imho.

Word.

I think people get exes confused with ex husbands.

You can still be friends with an ex husband because you know there is little chance you'll get together with him. After living with a person and seeing who they are you're unlikely to fall back into the same trap that you were when married.

An ex boyfriend however is a different story. Its just akward to know your girlfriend is still chatting it up with her ex. Its not healthy.

JJ Hickson
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Hell no. If you tolerate shit like that then you're a trick. That's just her way of trying to keep a safety net nigga on the side just in case. If you let a bitch walk all over you she will NOT respect you and you are gonna end up getting cheated on or dumped.

RaZon
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Dating is just that dating, not at all concerned/worried about their life story or who they see or talk to. Just out to have a good time, which can be had regardless of her past. If she were to start rattling on about somebody else, I'm not doing a very good job getting her involved in the moment with me.

NewcastleKEG
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Hell no. If you tolerate shit like that then you're a trick. That's just her way of trying to keep a safety net nigga on the side just in case. If you let a bitch walk all over you she will NOT respect you and you are gonna end up getting cheated on or dumped.
I brought up this issue of American girls constantly on their phones/texting/communicating with who knows who & some naive noob argued with me

In America it is SO easy to live a double life. Every girl in this country is ''seeing someone''. Girls are so scandalous in this country.... I pity people that have to date them

mavs>spurs
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
yeah rub it in some more, i hate american women and i'm stuck with em

Venti Quattro
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Hell no. What if she decides that she wants her ex back? You are so fucked if that happens.

Sisk
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy.

In other words, no.

CuckingFunt
04-05-2012, 11:32 PM
If she decides she wants her ex back, trying to control who she talks to isn't going to prevent it from happening.

A healthy relationship is one in which trust is not conditional upon who your significant other spends time with.

Sisk
04-05-2012, 11:38 PM
If she decides she wants her ex back, trying to control who she talks to isn't going to prevent it from happening.

A healthy relationship is one in which trust is not conditional upon who your significant other spends time with.

Reck
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I brought up this issue of American girls constantly on their phones/texting/communicating with who knows who & some naive noob argued with me

In America it is SO easy to live a double life. Every girl in this country is ''seeing someone''. Girls are so scandalous in this country.... I pity people that have to date them

Are you not from this country KEG?

Why you hate America so much?

DMC
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Dating is just that dating, not at all concerned/worried about their life story or who they see or talk to. Just out to have a good time, which can be had regardless of her past. If she were to start rattling on about somebody else, I'm not doing a very good job getting her involved in the moment with me.
What about when she rubs her balls on your leg?

DMC
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM

I am going to have to disagree with that last part.

If your significant other spends time with a prostitute, for example, does that challenge your trust?

Trust is always conditional on something. Otherwise what good is it?

Spursfan092120
04-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Scary shit, bro. Very scary. That's why if you find a good girl you better hold on to her.

NewcastleKEG
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Are you not from this country KEG?

Why you hate America so much?
I'm American but folks are from Europe & sister started a new life a year ago in Berlin. (German husband, they both have their Masters)

Granted I live in SoCal which is the most shallow & superficial area arguably on this globe but in general Americas thirst for consumption, materialism & useless Entertainment (gossip, Hollywood & Sports) disgusts me. I think most Americans are secluded (by the Atlantic/Pacific Oceans) from the Worlds reality & constant ignornt reaffirming that this is the FREEIST/GREETIST nation has created a stagnant society (declining honestly).

While I do plan on moving overseas, simply moving away isn't so simple as Americas money & power hungry hands try to manipulate every inch of this globe.

My parents daily regret moving to America (Dad came to America not speaking English & now owns a home in San Diego 8 minutes from the beach). Lack of family is a big part of it but the ignorance, lack of intelligence & lack of respect they encounter with most Americans on a daily basis is extremely discouraging to them. As I have matured and my consistent trips to Europe (Every 3 or so years) have evolved from hanging out with family/friends & partying to putting myself in the shoes of a regular person living in that city..... I have found European middle class quality of life higher than Americas & daily life to be much more rewarding.

When I am overseas, I am a motivated & inspired person constantly out going places & enteracting with people. My time in America is spent hiding in my car (daily traffic), everyone around me is on their phones or listening to their Ipod, & never ending ''entertainment''..... TV, Playstation, & Sporting events. Basically everything to keep ignoring the world around me.......domestic/political issues that matter.

MANGINA
04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
If she's hot what does it matter?

CuckingFunt
04-06-2012, 01:54 AM
I am going to have to disagree with that last part.

If your significant other spends time with a prostitute, for example, does that challenge your trust?

If I knew about it? Knew the person in question and the nature of their relationship? No, it wouldn't. I probably wouldn't be comfortable with it, depending on circumstances, but if I'm dating someone who has been honest and up front with me I'm not going to immediately assume they're going to start banging.

The problem is with the desire and/or willingness to cheat, not the opportunity. I've relatively little interest in a relationship where my partner not having anyone else to fuck is the only reason he/she isn't cheating on me.

Trust is always conditional on something. Otherwise what good is it?

Trust is conditional upon being trustworthy.

RaZon
04-06-2012, 02:12 AM
I can't believe some of you people. A date is a date it's not about taking charge of somebodies life:rolleyes

mavs>spurs
04-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm American but folks are from Europe & sister started a new life a year ago in Berlin.

Granted I live in SoCal which is the most shallow & superficial area arguably on this globe but in general Americas thirst for consumption, materialism & useless Entertainment (gossip, Hollywood & Sports) disgusts me. I think most Americans are secluded (by the Atlantic/Pacific Oceans) from the Worlds reality & constant ignornt reaffirming that this is the FREEIST/GREETIST nation has created a stagnant society (declining honestly).

While I do plan on moving overseas, simply moving away isn't so simple as Americas money & power hungry hands try to manipulate every inch of this globe.

My parents daily regret moving to America (Dad came to America not speaking English & now owns a home in San Diego 8 minutes from the beach). Lack of family is a big part of it but the ignorance, lack of intelligence & lack of respect they encounter with most Americans on a daily basis is extremely discouraging to them. As I have matured and my consistent trips to Europe (Every 3 or so years) have evolved from hanging out with family/friends & partying to putting myself in the shoes of a regular person living in that city..... I have found European middle class quality of life higher than Americas & daily life to be much more rewarding.

When I am overseas, I am a motivated & inspired person constantly out going places & enteracting with people. My time in America is spent hiding in my car (daily traffic), everyone around me is on their phones or listening to their Ipod, & never ending ''entertainment''..... TV, Playstation, & Sporting events. Basically everything to keep ignoring the world around me.......domestic/political issues that matter.

totally agree with you, and this is coming from someone who's family on both sides has been here since the beginning. i'm fed up with it and ready to go back to my roots in europe, currently in the process of re-educating my parents and helping them to have a more open mind. sadly, to most americans this is all they've ever known and think that this is as good as it gets, that america is the best place to live and couldnt ever imagine leaving it. my only regret about my american heritage is the fact that i was circumcised, not something i can move away and leave behind. i'm just waiting for the day that through stem cell research someday i will be able to leave EVERYTHING about this place behind with no constant reminders.

Landon Donofag
04-06-2012, 02:27 AM
My ex was just like this. The worst part is this bitch wasn't just friends with her last boyfriend she was friends with ALL of her exes. seriously even her first boyfriend from middle school. Had to cut the bitch loose.

mavs>spurs
04-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Had to cut the bitch loose.

don't blame ya, fuck em mayne

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Do you date girls who are friends with their exes?
Absolutely. That's the easiest way to get laid, after breaking up.

NewcastleKEG
04-06-2012, 02:52 AM
totally agree with you, and this is coming from someone who's family on both sides has been here since the beginning. i'm fed up with it and ready to go back to my roots in europe, currently in the process of re-educating my parents and helping them to have a more open mind. sadly, to most americans this is all they've ever known and think that this is as good as it gets, that america is the best place to live and couldnt ever imagine leaving it. my only regret about my american heritage is the fact that i was circumcised, not something i can move away and leave behind. i'm just waiting for the day that through stem cell research someday i will be able to leave EVERYTHING about this place behind with no constant reminders.
I understand that there are still certain pockets in America that are amazing to grew up &/or live in but they are decreasing. In most American cities the Downtown is an epidemic so living in the Suburbds is the goal. But for example in San Diego, it takes me driving atleast 25 minutes to see any of my friends in either direction & I live 10 minutes from the beach. There is traffic here every single day from 3-7pm & the amount of people is only increasing. It's gonna be fucking hell living here in 5-10 years. The kicker is 75% of the area NON mexicans/poor live in the part of the city built post 1950. So they fucked up the mass transportation on fucking purpose.

Quick story about quality of life. I was over at my friends place which is basically the big suburban home he grew up in but now he pays rent & has the master bedroom. His dad moved out like 5 years ago but kept the house for his wife which is a stay at home mom former (sometimes) alcoholic. And we are discussing these Europe vs America issues & he says San Diego is the greatest place to live. (because he spent a few years going to school in Hawaii & well that isn't somewhere a middle class white person wants to live). ANYWAY. So he's a very active guy & majored in marine biology so being out at water is huge, I'm not gonna label him ignorant BUT he's never been outside North America. So how can he possibly comprehend other cultures. All he knows is comparing San Diego to Hawaii & Mexico.
So I start thinking of his mom & how "amazing" San Diego is for her. She has no job, responsibilities, complete freedom, plenty of money, lives in the greatest city ever & YET she is unhappy. I think of how secluded & lonely her Suburban life is & how my parents are planning on moving overseas when they retire in 5 years. I wonder if I want to live the next 40 years alone inside a car during bumper to bumper traffic. On the flip side my sister, husband & newborn baby have monthly passes to use the Berlin mass transportation system. When I took advantage of the U & Sbahns there.......holy shit man that blew my mind that this sort of thing is possible, efficient & well run without issues. But you can't be taking the public transportation in a country where ...GUNS ARE LEGAL. Don't want to start rambling but when you go to Europe & especially a country like Germany, you are blown away at how something like that is possible on a national scale. But that's 2 major factors. 1. Education. 2. Families. That simple To keep it in perspective not all European countries are on the same level just as states here in America. For example I have family in a couple nations but I'll use Poland as an example. The two nations are without comparison, as Poles go to Germany for work & not vice versa. But the education & family values are still installed in Polish people. This is why America had such a kickstart in the 80's........cheaply paid Eastern Europeans with very good grade school/trade school educations & family values. Nowadays the only people immigrating to America are truly the hungry, non-educated & poor.

Anyway, you shouldn't feel discouraged to seek another alternative. English is spoken by everyone in their 30's & even 40's in Europe. There has never been a better time with the creation of the European Union & ability to work/live in any of the included nations & compile for retirement. As the case with your circumcision (:lol) you are viewed as an outsider.....NEW & EXCITING for jobs & girls. You will find that when people aren't chasing a unrealistic carrot & being forced to constantly compete with each other at every aspect of life.....living amongst each other is more rewarding

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree with all. I feel like most girls feel they "need" someone at all times, and whether or not you're texting them or with them all the time, they'll have someone else too. But fuck going out to eat and her bitch ass ex textin her, crying about how he'll take care of her, I'll let him have her cuz for her to say it to me, like someone said shows no respect. And she's just not worth it, no one is worth that.

leemajors
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
My girlfriend is good friends with her ex, and it does not bother me in the slightest. They broke up a couple of years ago and she had one relationship in between him and I. While she is not close with her other exes, she is friendly with them if we run into them. It's kinda refreshing to see someone able to end a romantic relationship without ruining a friendship. It's the kind of thing that would have unnerved me a few years ago, but I like to think I have grown as a person since my last relationship, which ended in a messy divorce with squabbles about custody. Broadcasting negative energy from breakups in your past is definitely not a good way to live.

NewcastleKEG
04-06-2012, 02:24 PM
great point you bring up about the family unit...dismantling the family unit was imo the biggest contributor to the current downfall of america that we are seeing. it wasn't always like this man, back in my grandparents days people actually had respect for eachother and were better than this. back when being american meant something.
It's tough because this is a Rat Race society & both parents must work.....alot. My dad still uses him having to work nights as a reason for my "behavioral problems" growing up (Partying sophomore year of High School).

My dad sacrificed his life & our relationship so that we could live in a better neighborhood, thus better schools. Education was always #1 in his opinion. Not many Americans are fortunate enough to have such parents....& honestly I don't think I would have made the same sacrifice.

DMC
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
My ex was just like this. The worst part is this bitch wasn't just friends with her last boyfriend she was friends with ALL of her exes. seriously even her first boyfriend from middle school. Had to cut the bitch loose.
But you guys are still friends, right?