PDA

View Full Version : LeBron better not win MVP!

Russo21
04-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Overrated piece of trash. Will be so pissed if he wins. Miami are stacked and havent solidified a dominant no.1 seeding, they may finish 4th in the overall standings,

Chicago have a better record then Miami even though there best player has missed a fair few games.

Spurs have the same record with an aging team with Parker steering the ship.

Oklahoma have the same record with there best player doing his usual thing.

To me the following are the only viable MVP candidates.

1. Kevin Durant
2. Tony Parker
3. LeBron James

San Antonio, Oklahoma and the Heat all are equal in the loss column. They should be the top 3 vote getters. It's a close race. If the Heat finish first and he wins ill have to live with it. If the Thunder and Spurs finish with a better record then the Heat Parker or Durant should win. If the Spurs beat out the Thunder then Parker should win MVP but no doubt Durant will win MVP and Tony will get overlooked.

As long as LeBron doesn't win a ring or his third MVP:toast

Juggity
04-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Overrated piece of trash. Will be so pissed if he wins. Miami are stacked and havent solidified a dominant no.1 seeding, they may finish 4th in the overall standings,

1. Kevin Durant
2. Tony Parker
3. LeBron James

Son, as great as Tony Parker has played this season, he is no Lebron. You should accept that. His physical stature alone makes it virtually impossible for him to dominate the game like a Lebron or Durant type player over the long haul.

dirk4mvp
04-06-2012, 03:01 AM
:lol Tony Parker

Reck
04-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Son, as great as Tony Parker has played this season, he is no Lebron. You should accept that. His physical stature alone makes it virtually impossible for him to dominate the game like a Lebron or Durant type player over the long haul.

Maybe in another system Parker would put up Lebron numbers?

The Spurs whole system makes it impossible for a guy like Tony to flourish and make a serious MVP type run which is necessary to net the award.

I dont think, or at least it doesn't look like the Spurs allow Tony to go all out. Which is fine by me btw.

Russo21
04-06-2012, 03:22 AM
I know he is no LeBron. Just as Nash was no Duncan when he was MVP. Just as Malone was no Jordan when he won. The Spurs system and deep/diverse team doesnt allow for a Spur to win MVP.

To dirk4mvp I'm just saying he deserves some serious votes and deserves more respect then fans around the league give him for keeping the spurs at the top.

I think they are the only 3 contenders with the result being whoever finishes on top out of Oklahoma and Miami, and Tony will finish third on most ballots. Itll either be

Durant
LeBron
Parker

or

Lebron
Durant
Parker

I'll be surprised if it goes down any other way.

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 04:47 AM
:lmao Tony Parker

LeBron James is on his way to win his third MVP and you can't do anything about it. Maybe Kevin Durant can do something, but Tony Parker :lmao

Russo21
04-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Venti and dirk4mvp, knock tony all you want, i said he deserves to be in the top 3, didnt say he'd win.

Outside of Durant and LeBron who are just about locks for 1st and 2nd, who do you think will finish third then. I cant see anyone other then tony who'll finish 3rd, Kevin Love with his nasty numbers could but his team sucks too bad so it wont be him.

Time will tell...

My oppinion stands, parker will finish third, and im hoping Durant beats out LeBron

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
tony parker is slow slipping with his recent play

if he wants to build a case, the spurs need to finish strong and him posting up those usual 20/10 stats....spurs have a easy remaining games schedule, the ball is in his hands...but i doubt he get enough votes since the spurs are rarely mention in the media

rayjayjohnson
04-06-2012, 06:48 AM
:lmao tony parker.

Dumb spursfan

Giuseppe
04-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Only pussies & assholes do prettys & doorstops, dust collectors & brick-a-brack.

Two things:::

1. Make the playoffs.

2. Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

Bonner4MVPzz
04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
LeBron will win his 3rd mvp. im sure he cares if you dnt want him too
. and lol at tp being top 3. hes 4 or 5

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
LeBron will win his 3rd mvp. im sure he cares if you dnt want him too
. and lol at tp being top 3. hes 4 or 5

:lmao 4 or 5

Bonner4MVPzz
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
:lmao 4 or 5

please enlighten me on your top 5

Dinamita
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
:lmao Bowen

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
:lmao Bowen

:lmao retiring a role-player jersey number
:lmao questioning an HOF player's jersey retirement

Bill_Brasky
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Cmon dude, Lebron shits on Tony and fucked KD hard the other day.

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Sadly, you are not a troll, so there's no work for me to do here. You're just stupid.

namlook
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
If the Spurs beat out the Thunder then Parker should win MVP...

Parker is not a serious or legitimate MVP candidate. People throw him on lists because he is the best player on a team with a top record, but the record is the result of Pop's system more than it is Parker. Take Parker off the team and Spurs would still have a very good record with just a few less wins.

Stalin
04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
5 star thread, will read again and recommend to family and friends

DeadlyDynasty
04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Wow:lol

DJB
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
5 star thread, will read again and recommend to family and friends

:lol

Cry Havoc
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Parker is not a serious or legitimate MVP candidate. People throw him on lists because he is the best player on a team with a top record, but the record is the result of Pop's system more than it is Parker. Take Parker off the team and Spurs would still have a very good record with just a few less wins.

I don't know about that. Tony has led the Spurs through any number of injuries this year. They'd still be above .500 without him, but that's barely good enough for a playoff spot, if that, in the West.

I think he's a legit MVP candidate, but definitely not in the same stratosphere as Durant and James.

DMC
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
High school players should not be allowed to win MVPs.

If James wins the MVP (I predicted last year he would win this year), that says a shit load about Spo's coaching. Lebron has Wade and Bosh and his role players are pretty solid (Haslem, Battier for sure), so if Lebron has to have heroic games to stay even with the Spurs and Thunder, what does that say about Pop's coaching ability, or Spo's coaching ability?

Russo21
04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
ok, so the heat are stacked, 3 all stars in their absolute primes, yet they have underachieved only having the 4th best record in the nba at the moment. How does that equal mvp?

And to the smartasses in here, im not saying tony would or should win, im saying he should/could get 3rd behind lebron and durant.

Like i said in my original post, if the heat finish 1st then lebron should win, if the thunder finish 1st durant should win, if the spurs finish 1st then tony should be a surefire number 3 on the mvp ballot

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 07:40 AM
:lol Tony Parker
:lol 3rd place in the MVP voting

JamStone
04-08-2012, 08:02 AM
With that logic, who on the Chicago Bulls should finish top 3 in the MVP since it can't be Rose with him missing like 20 games?

Koolaid_Man
04-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I just hope Kobe doesn't win it...the winner of that fucking award hasn't won the title in almost 10 yrs

Russo21
04-08-2012, 09:16 AM
To the above post...

I know it's crazy hey, if i remember correctly the last MVP whose team went on to win the championship was Duncan in 2003, before that was shaq's mvp year with the Lakers, before that was jordan in 98. Dunno if i've forgotten any other recent ones.

MVP's going on to win the championship doesn't happen very often. Kinda surprising.

Russo21
04-08-2012, 09:29 AM
NBA.COM Current Rankings

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Love
5. Westbrook
6. Wade
7. Parker
8. Paul
9. Rondo
10. Howard

LeBron and Durant at the top, no surprise there. Kinda surprised to see them rank Kobe number 3. Kevin Love at 4 for his nasty stats is fair enough but never a chance of winning due to his teams total suckage. Westbrook and Wade at 5 and 6 is surprising to me, didnt think they'd be considered top 10 material. Followed by Parker, then Paul Rondo and Howard to round out the 10.

It's a 2 horse race definately, nba.com's list just needs a little bit of juggling around.

What do you guys think of it?

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
:lol Kobe
:lol TOSB
:lol Top 3

Koolaid_Man
04-08-2012, 09:34 AM
NBA.COM Current Rankings

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Love
5. Westbrook
6. Wade
7. Parker
8. Paul
9. Rondo
10. Howard

LeBron and Durant at the top, no surprise there. Kinda surprised to see them rank Kobe number 3. Kevin Love at 4 for his nasty stats is fair enough but never a chance of winning due to his teams total suckage. Westbrook and Wade at 5 and 6 is surprising to me, didnt think they'd be considered top 10 material. Followed by Parker, then Paul Rondo and Howard to round out the 10.

It's a 2 horse race definately, nba.com's list just needs a little bit of juggling around.

What do you guys think of it?

I'm pulling for Durant and better yet it would be great if Durant and Bron got Co-MVP...because then based on my superstitious logic...that would me neither would win the title paving the way for Kobe's 6th :lol

Russo21
04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
LMAO, nice logic Mamba, props. The curse of the MVP not winning the championship is into its 10th year

jestersmash
04-08-2012, 03:18 PM

Chicago have a better record then Miami even though there best player has missed a fair few games.

1. Kevin Durant
2. Tony Parker
3. LeBron James

San Antonio, Oklahoma and the Heat all are equal in the loss column. They should be the top 3 vote getters. It's a close race. If the Heat finish first and he wins ill have to live with it. If the Thunder and Spurs finish with a better record then the Heat Parker or Durant should win. If the Spurs beat out the Thunder then Parker should win MVP but no doubt Durant will win MVP and Tony will get overlooked.

That's an argument against Derrick Rose from being in the MVP discussion and therefore indirectly an argument in favor of another player (Lebron included) from winning MVP.

DMC
04-08-2012, 04:05 PM
To the above post...

I know it's crazy hey, if i remember correctly the last MVP whose team went on to win the championship was Duncan in 2003, before that was shaq's mvp year with the Lakers, before that was jordan in 98. Dunno if i've forgotten any other recent ones.

MVP's going on to win the championship doesn't happen very often. Kinda surprising.
It's not surprising.

Any team that plays shitty enough to allow one person to stand out like a sore thumb likely doesn't have what it takes to get win the Finals. With the talent in the league, winning the MVP requires a stand out performance, and it has to almost be supported by some downtime where the team suffers because of it. Teams like the Spurs that win 10 in a row with 2 or 3 fairly big players on the bench will likely never see an MVP award.

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Bron bron, is the best balla in the planet.

NewcastleKEG
04-08-2012, 11:36 PM
If the Thunder finish with the best record..... you give it to Durant

3 of the Top30 players in the sport resulting in the 4th best record & your going to reward that?

NewcastleKEG
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
To the above post...

It's actually very simple. It's the MVP awardy, not Player of the Year award

The MVP rewards high win/total improvements & ''carrying of the team''. That doesn't equate well in the playoffs

cesare borgia
04-08-2012, 11:56 PM
If Parker was white, he will win the MVP this year without question. The way Parker been carrying the Spurs this year is impressive.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2012, 12:30 AM
:lol Kobe
:lol TOSB
:lol Top 3

Would you say Kobe or Bynum has been more integral to the Lakers' relative success this year? Serious question.

pass1st
04-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Would you say Kobe or Bynum has been more integral to the Lakers' relative success this year? Serious question.

That's a hard question to answer because Bynum wouldn't be as effective without the double teams Kobe gets for no reason. Bynum can't handle double teams half the time

DAF86
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
ok, so the heat are stacked, 3 all stars in their absolute primes, yet they have underachieved only having the 4th best record in the nba at the moment. How does that equal mvp?

And to the smartasses in here, im not saying tony would or should win, im saying he should/could get 3rd behind lebron and durant.

Like i said in my original post, if the heat finish 1st then lebron should win, if the thunder finish 1st durant should win, if the spurs finish 1st then tony should be a surefire number 3 on the mvp ballot

The Spurs without Parker would skullfuck the Heat without Lebron.

IronMaxipad
04-11-2012, 09:25 PM

1. Kevin Durant
2. Tony Parker
3. LeBron James

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
:lmao MVP candidate
:lmao questioning Silk's jersey retirement
:lmao retiring Bruce Bowen's jersey

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 09:51 AM
1. Kevin Durant
2. Tony Parker