PDA

View Full Version : How would Pop react?

GrandeDavid
04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
If a reporter jokingly asked him at shoot around if it's true that Tim had a closed door meeting with Peter Holt and R.C. Buford about his coaching job? I'd predict a rather crusty response. It's a dangerous game for reporters to joke with Pop.

How do you figure the dialogue would go?

GrandeDavid
04-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I think Pop would reply, "Have you ever heard of a reporter by the name of O'Keefe?"

spectator
04-06-2012, 09:56 AM
not sure if serious dog face

Fabbs
04-06-2012, 10:01 AM
If a reporter jokingly asked him at shoot around if it's true that Tim had a closed door meeting with Peter Holt and R.C. Buford about his coaching job? I'd predict a rather crusty response. It's a dangerous game for reporters to joke with Pop.

How do you figure the dialogue would go?
If only this would have happened in 2006.
Knock that bitch off his loser pedastool.

BlairForceDejuan
04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
"I don't give a shit. I quit coaching years ago."

Wild Cobra Kai
04-06-2012, 11:34 AM
If only this would have happened in 2006.
Knock that bitch off his loser pedastool.
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/spawn_cte/Star%20Wars/Yoda-Doobies.jpg

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
"Why don't you go fuck your mother some more?" - Pop

Wild Cobra Kai
04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
:lol I love how everyone sees Pop as some monster. His players love him, and that includes so-called incorrigibles like Stephen Jackson who won't play hard for anyone else. They trust him because they know that if he has a problem, he's going to deal with it in a straightforward manner one on one behind closed doors, not in the press.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Pop would likely take it as a joke. He's not devoid of a sense of humor. If a player actually did something like that the question would revolve more around why said player was traded/cut/sent home because he'd last about 5 seconds after doing that.

Fabbs
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
:lol I love how everyone sees Pop as some monster. His players love him, and that includes so-called incorrigibles like Stephen Jackson who won't play hard for anyone else.
Year the Warriors took out the Mavs he played his arse off in besting the Floppin Frauline Dirk.

Splitter loves Pop?
Guys forced sit behind 2008- present Mike Finley-Pop, Dick Jefferson and Bonbon love Pop? Noo.

TheSkeptic
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Pop would leave quietly if Tim, Manu, and Tony pulled a Dwight Howard?

I'm glad that's not going to happen in this case though. I'm beginning to really dislike Howard.

TJastal
04-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Year the Warriors took out the Mavs he played his arse off in besting the Floppin Frauline Dirk.

Splitter loves Pop?
Guys forced sit behind 2008- present Mike Finley-Pop, Dick Jefferson and Bonbon love Pop? Noo.

Salient points, Fabbs.

Have you heard when Splitter's autobiography will come out in print?

"How I went from Euroleague MVP to Matt Bonner's backup and towel boy".

maverick1948
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM
He would likely say "He has been coaching for the last 7 or 8 years during Timeouts why not take the whole job?" I remember watching a close game when Pop handed Manu the clipboard and walked away. Manu drew up a play and the team executed it to perfection. Even watch the start of a timeout? Team going to the bench. Tim or Tony or Manu coaching a young player before Pop does his thing.

Would you not think the Vice President of basketball operations would be included in that meeting?? I guess Pop would skip it. LOL

TampaDude
04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Pop would likely take it as a joke. He's not devoid of a sense of humor.

Anyone who doesn't think Pop has a sense of humor hasn't been following the Spurs very long.

For example, I give you this classic from a few years back:

z2LRDO4jiBo

:lmao

cd98
04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Nonsense scenario. Pop could pick his team, any team in the NBA and command the highest paycheck. No way, at this point, the Spurs would fire him at the request of any player. Can Gundy is good, but doesn't have Pop's clout, championships and all.

BTW, Pop will rip players privately, but he fiercely defends them publicly. I'm not familiar with a case where any player has not wanted him as coach.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Nonsense scenario. Pop could pick his team, any team in the NBA and command the highest paycheck. No way, at this point, the Spurs would fire him at the request of any player. Can Gundy is good, but doesn't have Pop's clout, championships and all.

BTW, Pop will rip players privately, but he fiercely defends them publicly. I'm not familiar with a case where any player has not wanted him as coach.

Well put. To reiterate what I said earlier, no player would last on the Spurs long enough to ever get to that point, and to the team's credit, they don't chase that kind of player very hard. Every player that has shown the slightest tendency to voice his discontent has been removed from the equation, even if it cost the Spurs some money to make it happen.

mystargtr34
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
:lol

Fabbs
04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Well put. To reiterate what I said earlier, no player would last on the Spurs long enough to ever get to that point, and to the team's credit, they don't chase that kind of player very hard. Every player that has shown the slightest tendency to voice his discontent has been removed from the equation, even if it cost the Spurs some money to make it happen.
And thank our good fortune that best coach in the NBA bar none Pop "chased down" and extended Michelle Finley, Dick Jefferson and Matty Bonner.
Those are some quality characters that certainly have espoused what Pop is all about.

For you Pop hayters, so he wasn't able to get Luke Walton -yet. No one is perfect and again Pop is certainly the best. :pop:

therealtruth
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Splitter probably wants him fired.