PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Evil criticizes Obama

Cyrano
04-06-2012, 10:31 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120406-marine-stein-2a.photoblog600.jpg

A US Marine is in trouble for being critical of the Obama administration on Facebook. Maybe he should have skipped the internet, and simply put sharks with friggin' lasers on their heads in the White House swimming pool....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/06/11050149-military-board-tea-party-marine-who-slammed-obama-on-facebook-should-be-dismissed

BlairForceDejuan
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
So not only are they supposedly putting their lives on the line for shitty pay to "protect our rights", they can't even exercise those rights. LMAO America.

Cyrano
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Why shouldn't he? So far as I know, there's no regulation prohibiting it. Besides, the Marines should be proud that one of their own can do something with a computer other than chewing on the keyboard, staring at the screen saver, and grunting........ (ok, that's my obligatory wise-ass ex-Army comment).

BlairForceDejuan
04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Stein could face other-than-honorable discharge while seeing his rank reduced to lance corporal and losing his benefits. The nine-year veteran was set to finish his service in four months.

He did a dumbass move, but from the guys I talk to the milt. looks for any way to fk you over benefits wise.

clambake
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
poor thing. put on a desk job without access to a computer.

mrsmaalox
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
He violated the terms of his employment contract. The exact same terms that every military service member has been bound to for the last couple hundred years.

mrsmaalox
04-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah but this was on Facebook so it's different?

Why would it be different?

mrsmaalox
04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
That's why I used a question mark?

(Facebook's the only reason this is being covered as news)

Nah, the only reason it's being covered is so that it can be spun as just a poor average American citizen, like all of us, minding his own business, trying to exercise his basic rights and being oppressed by an evil power hungry administration :lol

Bill_Brasky
04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I always thought it was wrong to limit someone's speech, but you volunteer for that when you sign the contract. Even I knew that and I fuckin hate the military.

Too bad for that dumbfuck.

TimmehC
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
If he criticized his CO, this wouldn't be a story at all. It's only because it's the president being criticized that it's deemed "newsworthy". If I criticized the CEO of my company publicly(even if it's facebook), I'd expect a pink slip pretty quickly.

mrsmaalox
04-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Maybe if these was FoxNews, but this is MSNBC we're talking about. I think MSNBC is going after the 'facebook changes everything/brave new world' paradigm.

Well I didn't mean it was meant to be spun by the news organizations. I suspect the incident was put out to the media by this guy's defense team as an attempt to garner sympathy in the court of public opinion for their client.

Jeff Leppard
04-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Perpetuating the stereotype that only dumb people join the military.