PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic threatened Dwight

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
The real reason why Dwight waived the opt-out clause? The Magic brass threatened him that if he didn't waive it, he would be a Laker by the end of the day. :wow

LINK (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/nets_nearly_bagged_howard_EFqz8xRs8i5NoU0tzoXxeM?% 20utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Nets)

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
:lmao scared of Shaq's legacy
:lmao scared of LA's bright lights

Fabbs
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
All boiled down, he didn't want to be a WWE bitch. :lmao

Spin that one, Trendy! :lol

baseline bum
04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
:rollin

He'd rather sign the extension than go play with the snitch?

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM

:lol

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Come on now, you know this post is just :downspin:

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Nope. He scurred. But that's OK. I'm content with my 7' 295 lb all star center who patterns his game after Duncan and doesn't require insane athleticism to be effective. ;)

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:45 AM

He's scared. You read it, I read it.

Orlando played its trump card. Sources for months maintained Howard wanted no part of the Lakers, that he did not want to follow the legacy of Shaquille O’Neal.
:downspin: that playa.

jeebus
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Bynum would be leading the league in 3's had the trade gone through.

:lol illegitimate babies
:lol Disney World
:lol Knicks
:lol denying hating SVG and looking like an idiot
:lol alligator problem in Florida
:lol stupid ass arm sleeves
:lol working on child #6
:lol free throw %
:lol RaZon and hemann
:lol the hassle of having to uproot his 5 families to move them to LA

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Why would Howard want to go to LA. to follow Shaq when he already has beef with Shaq over the Superman nickname?

hater
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
When this year's NBA draft order is determined during tonight's draft lottery, it may very well define the future of a young man named Dwight Howard. As the top high school player in the country, he could be the No. 1 overall pick in next month's draft. He leaves high school with a package of can't miss court skills that have drawn comparisons to Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudemire. He also has a deep-seated religious faith that defines his life. But this 18-year-old basketball phenom wants to take things a step further. Howard wants to imbue the NBA logo with the Christian cross in an attempt to spread Christianity.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

hater
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
He also had this written above his bed as a high school player: It shall and will come to pass that the NBA will be runned by the standards of God.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

jeebus
04-06-2012, 11:51 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

He lays a bible on the back of the random girl he's plowing and reads them verses. Classy :cry

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Nope. He scurred. But that's OK. I'm content with my 7' 295 lb all star center who patterns his game after Duncan and doesn't require insane athleticism to be effective. ;)

I personally believe that there are other reasons that Dwight wanted no part of L.A., but I cannot disagree with your desire to stick with Bynum over Howard. The only thing that Bynum needs is to get his head straight and develop an ability to actually be coached. If that happens, I believe he has the ability to be an overall better player than Howard in the long run.

resistanze
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM

And the first thing he does is gets some ho pregnant. Praise Jesus.

Muser
Why would Howard want to go to LA. to follow Shaq when he already has beef with Shaq over the Superman nickname?

To one-up him.

Muser
Damn it's like D-Rob on steroids.

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Bless Dwight Howard, thy Creator! :lol :lol :lol

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I personally believe that there are other reasons that Dwight wanted no part of L.A., but I cannot disagree with your desire to stick with Bynum over Howard. The only thing that Bynum needs is to get his head straight and develop an ability to actually be coached. If that happens, I believe he has the ability to be an overall better player than Howard in the long run.
Bynum has the ability to, if coached properly, be just as dominant as Shaq was, if healthy.

Bill_Brasky
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM

:lmao

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Bynum has the ability to,... , if healthy.

The age-old argument. :lol

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Bynum has the ability to, if coached properly, be just as dominant as Shaq was, if healthy.

I don't know if I'd go that far, because I don't think the NBA's modern era has (or will again) ever experienced a player as dominant as Shaq. I would say that he has the ability, when healthy (forgot to add that earlier) has the potential to be the best big man in the NBA.

baseline bum
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM

Damn, it's only been a few years and everyone has already forgotten just how good Shaq was.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM

Mark my words, two things will happen that will shock millions of people:

1) Bynum will surpass D12 as the premiere big in the game in 1-2 years. My main man Sessions wil turn him into a monster.

2) Bynum will have the longer more productive career. His idol is Duncan. As much as I playfully talk shit about him, Duncan has had a long productive career rebounding, swatting, and scoring when needed throughout his career. Give me a player like that, who will anchor my defense for at least a decade. Premiere athleticism not needed.

I expect Bynum to play another 10-12 years easily. He's developing a nice jumper to compliment his post game (even a 3ptr! :lol). He can hit his FTs. He can rebound, swat, score and is handling double teams better.

He's doing all this in front of Jack, Denzel, etc., on the biggest stage. D12 is afraid to fail that's why he'll never win.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Damn, it's only been a few years and everyone has already forgotten just how good Shaq was.

I hear what you are saying, but the center position is weak. Bynum could put up numbers similiar to Shaq, without being as good as Shaq was - if you get what I'm saying.

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM

No one's forgotten. Just there aren't many people who can stop Bynum as it is and he still has room to grow.

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM

1) Bynum will surpass D12 as the premiere big in the game in 1-2 years. My main man Sessions wil turn him into a monster.

2) Bynum will have the longer more productive career. His idol is Duncan. As much as I playfully talk shit about him, he has had a long productive career rebounding, swatting, and scoring when needed throughout his career. Give me a player like that that will anchor my defense for at least a decade. Premiere athleticism not needed.

I expect Bynum to play another 10-12 years easily. He's developing a nice jumper to compliment his post game (even a 3ptr! :lol). He can hit his FTs. He can rebound, swat, score and is handling double teams better.

As much as I don't want it to happen, I can agree with what you see in the potential of his game. That being said, he has to refrain from the bone-headed plays and work on his willingness to listen to his coaches (which are odd things to need, if he truly looks up to and models his game after Duncan). Plus, as others have stated, he has to stay healthy.

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I hear what you are saying, but the center position is weak. Bynum could put up numbers similiar to Shaq, without being as good as Shaq was - if you get what I'm saying.

No one's forgotten. Just there aren't many people who can stop Bynum as it is and he still has room to grow.

Bynum has the potential to be "as dominant" in comparison to who he is playing against and perhaps statistically (although I don't think he will reach that potential for several reasons), but a prime Shaq would DESTROY Bynum in his prime.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
As much as I don't want it to happen, I can agree with what you see in the potential of his game. That being said, he has to refrain from the bone-headed plays and work on his willingness to listen to his coaches (which are odd things to need, if he truly looks up to and models his game after Duncan). Plus, as others have stated, he has to stay healthy.
Agreed. Health is the word of the day. He was tutored by Jabbar for his first few years. His offensive repertoire is vast. But every time he begins to get rolling, he gets hurt. That's my only knock on him tbh. At 24, he's still not near his prime and still has upside. He just gotta stay healthy...

Giuseppe
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Because he stayed too long and American memories are very short.

Once he slaughtered Mutombo in the Philly Finals it was the beginning of the end. They fixed the rules in the aftemath of that butchering and he could never get comfortable and exact his force, his talent again.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Bynum has the potential to be "as dominant" in comparison to who he is playing against and perhaps statistically (although I don't think he will reach that potential for several reasons), but a prime Shaq would DESTROY Bynum in his prime.

Tell me something I don't know. :lol

namlook
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Bynum would not be able to guard prime Shaq just like Duncan couldn't guard him.

Giuseppe
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Bynum would not be able to guard prime Shaq just like Duncan couldn't guard him.

Remember when Daddy gave him that monster dunk, the ABC guys were berserk, then Bynum took him to other end, made Daddy put his upper rung on the curb and then commanded him:::"Now say goonight."

ABC guys didn't want to talk about it no more after that.

Fuckin' Media fucks. Cocksuckers.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Your sig puts a huge smile on my face every time I see it. The look of failure on Pierce's face (along with Artest's jubilation) is awesome. :lol

Kindergarten Cop
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM

I don't know if this is an honest take in a basketball discussion or a lame attempt to bait me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Duncan guarded Shaq just as well as anyone when Shaq was at his best - but the problem was, that when Shaq was at his best he was virtually unstoppable (regardless of who had the assignment of guarding him).

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Remember when Daddy gave him that monster dunk, the ABC guys were berserk, then Bynum took him to other end, made Daddy put his upper rung on the curb and then commanded him:::"Now say goonight."

ABC guys didn't want to talk about it no more after that.

Fuckin' Media fucks. Cocksuckers.
Bynum could have folded after that. He showed heart and went right back at Shaq. It was good to see.

On an aside, when Shaq was clowning D12 about the Superman moniker, I never saw him go at Shaq to prove a point. D12 doesn't have the balls to stand up to Shaq. Bynum did - even as a rook.

Giuseppe
04-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Bynum could have folded after that. He showed heart and went right back at Shaq. It was good to see.

Yep, Daddy could dish it. Just couldn't take it.

Sq2-EH7Xx0o

Donkeybong
04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
shaq was effing amazing. It was awesome having him in his prime and shitting on every center in the league. He was like our ultimate trump card. Man, I miss those days.

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Shaq: Check

Most of you are checkers players and have no idea what went down. Shaq knew that Kobe was trying to lure Howard and Paul to LA which would have resulted in a few more titles. He went on the offense for what seemed like no reason at all... even going as far as saying Bynum is better than Howard, which everyone knows thats a crock of shit. Howard had no idea that he was a pawn in this chess game between Shaq and Kobe. Stern played foul and Howard got chicken. Kobe got left holding the bag again, but that dumb ass in Cleveland may have saved the day. We'll see, but right now Shaq is laughing his ass off and holding his breath at the same time.

We may be the only 2 that knew what was going on. I mentioned this earlier as well...most people don't understand the grime game still going in between them niggas...its like taking a right to the gut followed by a quick right to the temple by a prime Iron Mike...shit gets rough....

Dwight thinks like 16 yr old he literally has no idea Shaq is using him like this....and Kobe is the methodical surgical warrior he's gonna ultimately reign supreme.

Nice post my nigga:toast

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Most of you are checkers players and have no idea what went down. Shaq knew that Kobe was trying to lure Howard and Paul to LA which would have resulted in a few more titles. He went on the offense for what seemed like no reason at all... even going as far as saying Bynum is better than Howard, which everyone knows thats a crock of shit. Howard had no idea that he was a pawn in this chess game between Shaq and Kobe. Stern played foul and Howard got chicken. Kobe got left holding the bag again, but that dumb ass in Cleveland may have saved the day. We'll see, but right now Shaq is laughing his ass off and holding his breath at the same time.

Cockluva not realizing Howard is easier to stop than Bynum :lmao

midnightpulp
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

2) Bynum will have the longer more productive career. His idol is Duncan. As much as I playfully talk shit about him, Duncan has had a long productive career rebounding, swatting, and scoring when needed throughout his career. Give me a player like that, who will anchor my defense for at least a decade. Premiere athleticism not needed.

He's doing all this in front of Jack, Denzel, etc., on the biggest stage. D12 is afraid to fail that's why he'll never win.

He already has. Dwight is a monkeyball player. Andrew Bynum is a basketball player.

midnightpulp
04-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Bad post.

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Bad post.

When you watch that much Naruto, you would be prone to knowing nothing about basketball either.

DeadlyDynasty
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
shaq was effing amazing. It was awesome having him in his prime and shitting on every center in the league. He was like our ultimate trump card. Man, i miss those days.

+1

midnightpulp
04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Because he stayed too long and American memories are very short.

Once he slaughtered Mutombo in the Philly Finals it was the beginning of the end. They fixed the rules in the aftemath of that butchering and he could never get comfortable and exact his force, his talent again.

'06 was when the rule changes were implemented, following the '05 ratings disaster between the Spurs and Pistons. Stern did so because he wanted a boost in perimeter scoring in the hope of once again manufacturing the next Jordan. But you're correct. Those rule changes did indeed make things much harder on interior post players.

DeadlyDynasty
04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
When did they legalize zone? 01 or 02?

midnightpulp
04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Believe it was '02.

Stalin
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
have to agree with all the scros on st, howard is the biggest prima donna in the nba, by far surpassing leCrab for that particular honour, tbqh

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2012, 04:41 PM

You've been killing it my friend....keep up the good work on your posts...:toast

I'd like to add that since Bynum didn't really contribute much of anything the last two Laker titles it's only fitting that he works his ass off the help Kobe get two more Chips...all he has to do is focus on the magical number of 2...

I still say fuck him for not being more agile and not able to consistently play above the rim without putting the ball on the floor......but I'm glad he's on my team at this point in time...:lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm glad he's on my team at this point in time...:lol

i hate bynum with an ass tickling passion

Troll Assassin
04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
:lmao

Wild Cobra Kai
04-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Bynum's issue will always be health. He's played in 382 of the Lakers 542 games during his career. That's a bit over 70% of games, or an average of about 58 games in a normal season. In Contrast, Duncan has played in 1102 out of the Spurs 1199 games over his twice as long career.

DMC
04-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Howard wants to be the face of the franchise, and he won't be that with the Lakers.

crc21209
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Understandable. Dwight didnt wanna watch Kobe jack up 25-35 shots a night the way Bynum and Gasol do now....

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Howard wants to be the face of the franchise, and he won't be that with the Lakers.

That's silly if he thought that. I have two images that come to mind when I think of D12. Kobe dunking on his head (ferociously I might add) and Kobe popping bottles at his expense in '09.

Why wouldn't he want to play with one of the best closers in NBA history? I'll tell you why. He scurred of the big stage and the expectations that come with it. Kobe, as a 17-year old rook stated he won't play for anyone but the Lakers. Bynum was drafted by the Lakers. They both grew as players under the LA media scrutiny. That's why they can both keep their heads dispute possibly going to jail for life, losing half to the scorn wife, multiple major knee injuries, multiple trade rumors, etc. (aka drama) - and still go out there and put on a show. D12 ain't wired like that. He doesn't have it in him to be a champion. Cool with me because we don't need him right now.

This whole trade Bynum for D12 will resurface again after next season though. They both will stay put for one more year. problem is Big Drew's agent is an asshole which might be a problem. He shares an agent with Ariza. Notice Ariza (perfect fit at SF) is no longer a Laker.

jag
04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Bynum would be leading the league in 3's had the trade gone through.

:lol illegitimate babies
:lol Disney World
:lol Knicks
:lol denying hating SVG and looking like an idiot
:lol alligator problem in Florida
:lol stupid ass arm sleeves
:lol working on child #6
:lol free throw %
:lol RaZon and hemann

http://i.imgur.com/C7GPi.gif

FuzzyLumpkins
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Have to love Lakers fans trying to spin Howard rejecting their franchise as a good thing.

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Have to love Lakers fans trying to spin Howard rejecting their franchise as a good thing.

Nope... Cully actually prayed against Dwight coming over.... With his head bowed and everything..he rejected the idea over and over despite most of us Laker fans clamoring for it.

Cully called it....and he also rejected CP3 to LA...so let's give credit where its due...

It's true I wanted D12 and would still take him but only for Pau at this point. :lol
D12 is a mental midget and very unstable....I didn't know he was that fucking stupid...dying to play in NJ:lmao and guaranteeing that he'll lose at least 100 million if he doesn't win a title...and if he doesn't win no way he'll get the endorsements that he so covets.

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Bynum 2 (and counting)
D12, well, you know

:downspin: that shit

LkrFan
04-06-2012, 08:24 PM
I mean that asshole could get maximum money in LA, any endorsement he wanted, and the chance for multiple rings. But he wants to play in Jersey? :lmao

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I mean that asshole could get maximum money in LA, any endorsement he wanted, and the chance for multiple rings. But he wants to play in Jersey? :lmao

He gives nifgas...cough cough...black people a bad name with this blatant stupidity..just what in the fuck did JayZ and the Prokohrov promise his dumb ass. I bet you could sell that nigga some cheese at the cheesecake factory...