PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Can Win it All with the Defense They Have

wildbill2u
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/4/6/2930326/the-spurs-can-win-it-all-with-the-defense-they-have?ref=yahoo

Article excerpt: "...the game had soothed my doubts about whether San Antonio's offense is capable of surviving and thriving in the pressure packed cauldron of the NBA playoffs. They'd proved that they could deal with an elite defense that was allowed free reign to push them around without fear of hearing a whistle. They took Boston's best defensive shot, delivered their own knockout punch, and walked from the squared circle left the court with their arms raised high-fiving each other.

"...What would make it a great thing, is pairing this offensive prowess with a world-beating defense. But that's not likely to happen. No matter what we remember about the good old days (with apologies to laughter toward Rick Patino) Robert Horry isn't walking through that door. Bruce Bowen isn't walking through that door.

No, we'll have to do with the players the team currently has. And those guys just happen to be better on offense than they are on defense right now. And that's ok. Because the coach of the team is still one Gregg Popovich. And despite his recent comments about what can be expected from the Spurs defense, I don't believe for a moment that he's capable of being satisfied with anything but their absolute best. At both ends of the floor. And the better they are on offense, the more room for error the defense will have. It won't be how it used to be, but I think it can still end with a Larry O'Brien.

We all know the truism that defense wins championships, and I don't deny it. But it's also true that not only elite defenses win championships."

This year's team isn't boring old Spurs who won games 82-78, but an exciting bunch that can play with anybody and maybe win a :lobt:

YA GOTTA BELIEVE.:flag:

Paranoid Pop
04-06-2012, 01:53 PM
From the website that published :

Matt Bonner is as good as the stats say he is

and

San Antonio Spurs 89, New Orleans Hornets 86: Spurs Prevail As A Future Champion Should

Yes they crowned us after a 3 point victory over the Hornets, they have some serious homer glasses...

wildbill2u
04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Good user name, say I.