PDA

View Full Version : Tony Bruno Show

miked2775
06-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that tony bruno is on 1540 AM the ticket in L.A. , right now it can only be heard on the internet thru their website, if you dont live in cali. just do search for 1540 am or tony bruno show and you should find it. lets try and get tony back on our 760 am the ticket here, who is sick of van earl ? me!!!!!!!!!!!! and hopefully all of you.
, here is the link, just click the listen live button on page.

http://www.1540theticket.com/main.html , i believe he is on 8-12 central time.

thanks

mike

atlfan25
06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
fuck van earl i hate him, get his punkass the fuck off the air. son of a bitch :pctoss

I would like bruno back as well.

Taco
06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Bring Back Tony Bruno!!!!

atlfan25
06-21-2005, 02:42 PM
but moreso fuck these clowns on the ticket right now holy mother of god they are horrid :pctoss

Xolotl
06-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I hate Van Earl, and the Chris Myers show. Damn there has to be a better choice for the slot he's in.

T Park
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
two words.

ESPN Radio.

Xolotl
06-21-2005, 02:47 PM
two words.

ESPN Radio.

except during 11-2 timeslot. Jim Rome in my opinion is much better than Dan Patrick. I used to listen to a guy named Papa Joe Chivaliex....dont remember how to spell that :lol

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I used to listen to a guy named Papa Joe Chivaliex....dont remember how to spell that

that guy was a major dick....same with his buddy Peter Brown.

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Jim Rome ruined sports commentary.

"Have a take, dude... It doesn't have to be informed or backed up, it just has to be HARD CORE! Rack me."

miked2775
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
ya, b. cox and c . myers show totallly blows after rome, lets get spurs talk back at that time. move walter and jeff back to the afternoon. plzzzzzzzzzz.,wth are you talking about, rome has one of the best shows on radio. have a take , dont suck, its simple. and facts are part of the show, they dont just let people make shit up. so, have a take , and quit whining....

Xolotl
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Jim Rome ruined sports commentary.

"Have a take, dude... It doesn't have to be informed or backed up, it just has to be HARD CORE! Rack me."

I have to disagree ever since he called Jim Everett Chris and almost got bitch slapped I've liked him.

But it's like Miked said, his rules are simple have a take dont suck. I can't tell you how much I get sick of people calling other shows and saying crap like..."The Spurs just lost last game because they didn't make enough shots"

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 04:17 PM
I've listened when there's nothing better on. There's no middle ground. Every opinion is extreme one way or the other.

I can't tell you how much I get sick of people calling other shows and saying crap like..."The Spurs just lost last game because they didn't make enough shots"

From what I've heard of the Rome show, it would sound more like "The Spurs lost because they are soft and weak minded. Period. They're chokers, and they will go down in history as chokers. Rack me, I'm out." Followed by 5 seconds of dead air.

If you don't like Brian Cox, or other personalities who seem to rely more on their hubris than their acumen, you can blame Jim Rome because the success of his brand of cocksure commentary has influenced a lot of the newer shows.

T Park
06-21-2005, 04:29 PM
I agree with Spurm.

Dan Patrick is an awesome radio show host, and is easily my favorite sports radio show next to STSA and The Thompson bros...

Vashner
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Rome has put more energy into most major U.S. sports... He also let's the little guys call in and helps promote talent not B.S.

He also called spurs in 7 :)

miked2775
06-21-2005, 07:44 PM
B COX relying on his 'hubris' is not his problem, its that hes an ignorant athlete with a micro phone in front of him. he says some of the most idotic things and even flip flopped on his pick in the finals. he doesnt have any insight into any other sports and compares everything to what he knows, football.

JoeChalupa
06-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd love to have Tony Bruno back on the Ticket.

Rome is what I listen to during my lunch hour.

blaze89
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that tony bruno is on 1540 AM the ticket in L.A. , right now it can only be heard on the internet thru their website, if you dont live in cali. just do search for 1540 am or tony bruno show and you should find it. lets try and get tony back on our 760 am the ticket here, who is sick of van earl ? me!!!!!!!!!!!! and hopefully all of you.

thanks

mike

Link please?

I don't listen to sports radio much anymore, I like Rome and will catch JT the Brick every now and then but the only thing I like about Brian Cox is that he called Kobe a "selfish bastard". Made me laugh.

Jim Rome
06-22-2005, 07:34 AM
I've listened when there's nothing better on. There's no middle ground. Every opinion is extreme one way or the other.

From what I've heard of the Rome show, it would sound more like "The Spurs lost because they are soft and weak minded. Period. They're chokers, and they will go down in history as chokers. Rack me, I'm out." Followed by 5 seconds of dead air.

If you don't like Brian Cox, or other personalities who seem to rely more on their hubris than their acumen, you can blame Jim Rome because the success of his brand of cocksure commentary has influenced a lot of the newer shows.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW SICK I AM OF PEOPLE BLAMING ME, JIM ROME, FOR THE MEDIOCRE QUALITY OF SPORTS RADIO. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE SPURS BEING RESIDENTS OF THE 21ST CENTURY VERSION OF CHOKE CITY, THEN WHY DON'T YOU OFFER YOUR SERVICES IN THE LOW POST TO COACH POPS YOURSELF.
OR MAYBE YOU'D LIKE IT BETTER IF YOU COULD HAVE YOUR OWN SHOW LIKE ME, JIM ROME.
BUT I'M SORRY, YOU DON'T.
RACK ME.

miked2775
06-22-2005, 08:33 AM
tony bruno show link
http://www.1540theticket.com/main.html
8-12 central time.

PeterBurns
06-22-2005, 10:05 AM
War Tony Bruno

mrcoon29
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM
So how do we go about getting Tony back on the Ticket?? I miss Tony.

miked2775
06-23-2005, 06:58 PM
thats a good question, i dont believe he is in syndication right now, so its just local in l.a. we could stop listening to our local 760 am so the see it in ratings, thats about where we can start, plus , call the program director and let him know you want the tony bruno show back on.

thanks

mike

N.Y. Johnny
06-25-2005, 10:48 AM
thats a good question, i dont believe he is in syndication right now, so its just local in l.a. we could stop listening to our local 760 am so the see it in ratings, thats about where we can start, plus , call the program director and let him know you want the tony bruno show back on.

thanks

mike

I thought i had been hearing he's goin to be syndicated later in the Summer sometime. I hope he does and they'll probably replace that god-awful "Murray In The Morning" show with Bruno. That would be SNORING News Radios best bet there to get ratings from Fox.

N.Y. Johnny
07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
http://www.snraffiliates.com/shows/tony_bruno/

TONY BRUNO RETURNS TO NATIONAL SYNDICATION ON SPORTING NEWS RADIO!

Chicago, IL – Sporting News Radio is proud to announce The Tony Bruno Show returns to national syndication on August 15th. The show will air weekdays on the 24/7 national sports radio network, from 9am-1pm ET

The addition of The Tony Bruno Show to the Sporting News Radio line-up will move The James Brown Show to 1pm-3pm ET and The Tim Brando Show will remain in the current time slot of 3pm-6pm ET.

Additional line-up changes will be announced in the near future.

The Tony Bruno Show debuted in Los Angeles on April 4th on Sporting News Radio’s owned and operated station, 1540 The Ticket KMPC. Bruno and co-host Mark Willard will continue to originate from The Ticket studios.

Sporting News Radio President Clancy Woods says "Tony is clearly one of the most gifted performers in radio. His presence on Sporting News Radio underscores our commitment to provide the most entertaining and compelling sports talk programming available anywhere."

"Everywhere I go around the country, people ask when I will be back on the air nationally," says Tony Bruno. "Now that it's about to happen, I feel like an expectant father again! It's great to be with a company that is obviously committed to winning. Our lineup is the best in the industry and I'm proud to be a part of it."

http://www.snraffiliates.com/shows/tony_bruno/restroom.jpg

HEY FINALLY!!! I can't wait to hear him again on XM channel 143 finally they got rid of that god awfull Murray In The Morning.
I havent' been able to hear his show online yet, how is it? those of you that had a chance to hear it?

is it good?
This will be the first chance I'll get to hear him since he left Fox on Sporting News' National feed on XM.
hopefully i can listen to this in the AM now

duncan_21
07-24-2005, 04:56 PM
The national shows I like:

- The thompson bros when they fill in
- I did like the bruno show
- Cabin show

The national shows I hate:

- j.t. the punk
- jim rambling rome
- the one with cox
- the one with james washington (hate that dude)

JoePublic
07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm glad Tony Bruno is going national again.

SequSpur
07-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Tony Bruno blows.

Spurs košarka kultura
07-24-2005, 08:25 PM
No love for JT the Brick in here?

N.Y. Johnny
07-24-2005, 09:51 PM
The national shows I like:

- The thompson bros when they fill in
- I did like the bruno show
- Cabin show

The national shows I hate:

- j.t. the punk
- jim rambling rome
- the one with cox
- the one with james washington (hate that dude)

The Worst Radio show by far has gotta be ESPN Radio's Eric Kuselias

he's worse than all those guys you mentioned there

AlamoSpursFan
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I heard Scott Ferrall filling in for J.T. the other night.

THAT was the worst sports talk radio ever.

On The Bench sucked all kinds of ass.

TheTruth
07-25-2005, 04:41 AM
i dig the brick

Spurs košarka kultura
07-25-2005, 06:43 AM
I heard Scott Ferrall filling in for J.T. the other night.

THAT was the worst sports talk radio ever.

Yeah that was downright awful, just goes to show JT is a damn good sports show host because he is passionate regradless of what team he roots for....I know he is a damn Yankee fan, but you have to admit it was bad-ass the way he would shoot down those Pistons fans :lol

As far as the worst let me say this: Van Earl Wright makes me actually enjoy Chris Myers and Brian Cox ,they are at least good for a laugh.