PDA

View Full Version : I wish there were more teachers, and coaches in the high school level...

T Park
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Like coach Carter from the movie.

Now youll say, eh its a movie.

Well, there is a real coach, the story about the team was true.

The things he taught them

eductation, hard work, respect, discipline.

I wish all our high school teachers would teach this, without fear of recoil from the pathetic parents that support their child's "free speech" or whatever horseshit.

Jekka
06-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Like coach Carter from the movie.

Now youll say, eh its a movie.

Well, there is a real coach, the story about the team was true.

The things he taught them

eductation, hard work, respect, discipline.

I wish all our high school teachers would teach this, without fear of recoil from the pathetic parents that support their child's "free speech" or whatever horseshit.

One of the reasons I decided not to pursue my teaching certification before graduation in favor of a second major was so that I wouldn't have to deal with parents on any school level. I think the only teaching I would be able to handle is college level where the students are responsible for themselves and you don't have to answer to parents. I give major props to teachers that deal with over-involved meddling parents and don't retaliate.

E20
06-21-2005, 04:55 PM
My Coach was garbage. HE PISSED THE FUCK OUT OF ME. I was standing watching the play and he's like WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING AND I HAD TO THINK FOR A MINUTE TO THINK WHAT SHOULD I SAY AND FINALLY I CAREFULLY SAID NOTHING AND HE YELLED BACK SAID EXACTLY NOTHING. SO WHEN HE TURNED HIS BACK ON ME I FLIPPED HIS ASS OFF AND FUCKING MADE FACES AT HIM. WELL YEAH MY COACH WAS AN OLD FAG. MY TEACHERS FUCKIGN PISS ME OFF EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE. YEAH SCHOOL SUCKS.

Jekka
06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
My Coach was garbage. HE PISSED THE FUCK OUT OF ME. I was standing watching the play and he's like WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING AND I HAD TO THINK FOR A MINUTE TO THINK WHAT SHOULD I SAY AND FINALLY I CAREFULLY SAID NOTHING AND HE YELLED BACK SAID EXACTLY NOTHING. SO WHEN HE TURNED HIS BACK ON ME I FLIPPED HIS ASS OFF AND FUCKING MADE FACES AT HIM. WELL YEAH MY COACH WAS AN OLD FAG. MY TEACHERS FUCKIGN PISS ME OFF EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE. YEAH SCHOOL SUCKS.

Not that you're bitter or anything. :lol

SpursFanDan
06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't worry E20, You'll get better coaches in High school.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
The best teachers use profanities, as long as they are not racial. Eases up the tension in the class, and makes a better atmosphere. But then again, every teacher in high school curses. And why does my keyboard sound like it had a broken piece of plastic in it under the space bar. I found out why...it is not connected properly. :( More time needed to fix the computer.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I AM talking about Highschool. My HIGH SCHOOL CAN BURN IN HELL. And there were these two hotass seniors I used to follow now they're gone and now it's even worse than before.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I AM talking about Highschool. My HIGH SCHOOL CAN BURN IN HELL. And there were these two hotass seniors I used to follow now they're gone and now it's even worse than before.

Well, your life must suck on the high school level. I simply go about my day, thinking of girls I could have that I will not get, waiting for the moment when a teacher cusses at the most outrageous time, and going to gym. I wouldn't mind 24/7 gym in high school. Math on the other hand... :bang :flipoff

SpursFanDan
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Dude, you're just sad.

And no high school could of been worse than West Campus...whats that?.. never heard of it, exactly.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
It's just that I don't like school. What's wrong with that. My favorite periods are:

Brunch
Lunch
Weights
and the 5 minute passing period inbewteen classes.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I like everything about the 5 minute passing but the walking.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I say schools buck up and let people use scooters.

T Park
06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I enjoyed my high school to be honest.

Great friends, golf, good teachers, that if you treated respectfully, you got respect back.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:24 PM
My teacher is bitching at me because I didn't source an essay right and I'm just standing innocently and I see a newspaper that says Spurs vs Detroit so I pick it up so she goes Rambo on me and I feel like slapping her after that. While this is happening a kid is playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for his Reserach Report on Violent Video games that was poorly done and was accepted by the teacher and recieved 85% on it and extra credit for presenting his report to the class (playing video games in class). While mine was thrown back at me because I sourced my bibliography wrong and bitched at for 10 minutes.

SpursFanDan
06-21-2005, 05:26 PM
suck it up junior.... its fucking school. You havent even stepped into real life yet.

by the way,... isnt school out?... if you're in summer school, that explains alot.

jalbre6
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
It's just that I don't like school. What's wrong with that. My favorite periods are:

Brunch
Lunch
Weights
and the 5 minute passing period inbewteen classes.

We didn't have brunch when I was in high school.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
suck it up junior.... its fucking school. You havent even stepped into real life yet.

by the way,... isnt school out?... if you're in summer school, that explains alot.
Nah, I'm too smart for summer school and regular school. :smokin

We didn't have brunch when I was in high school.
Just a 15-minute break inbetween 2nd and 3rd period.

i go to work everyday with glee, as long as i remember how much school sucked
Also, I hate my job aswell.

jalbre6
06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Get a GED and go take community college classes if you're too smart for high school. Seriously. Why waste your time?

E20
06-21-2005, 05:47 PM
GED won't give you anything now-a-days and I don't like wasting time in Community college when the whole point of that is to see if you can transfer into a 4-year college. That's why I'm just hoping to attend a 4-year college straight out of HS.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
They need more hot teachers in school.

jalbre6
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
GED won't give you shit and I don't like wasting time in Community college when the whole point of that is to see if you can transfer into a 4-year college. That's why I'm just hoping to attend a 4-year college straight out of HS.

Maybe times are a little different now, but I took classes at a community college during my senior year of high school. I had twelve hours (two entry level English and two entry level economics) transfer without penalty to the University of Texas.

And my first roommate at Dobie was 20 and graduating in the spring, because he got tired of homeschooling, passed the GED, and got a two year degree from HCJC in Houston before enrolling at UT.

Just a thought, bro.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the hot ones that do you and less morons who rat on them.

E20
06-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Maybe times are a little different now, but I took classes at a community college during my senior year of high school. I had twelve hours (two entry level English and two entry level economics) transfer without penalty to the University of Texas.

And my first roommate at Dobie was 20 and graduating in the spring, because he got tired of homeschooling, passed the GED, and got a two year degree from HCJC in Houston before enrolling at UT.

Just a thought, bro.

Yeah, see you went through CC to transfer. A lot of people are slugs and don't care what they do in HS and say Oh yeah I'll go through Community College and everything will be alright. If you're not focused and go to Community College like a moron you'll waste you're money, time and lose all your hopes on transfering to a State College or University. Community College is one of my options if I don't get accepted to the schools of my choice but, I just hope I don't have to resort to that. Thanks for the concern though. :smokin

IcemanCometh
06-21-2005, 07:14 PM
i wish there were more people like tpark who knew what they wanted and weren't afraid to ask for it. "why can't MY life be like that tv show and or beer ad?" "why do darn kids have to be so disrespectful, why can't they learn lessons like in that movie"

good for you tpark keep fighting the good fight

mookie2001
06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
"you challenge them academically?"
"and what if they fail-?"
"then WE FAIL!!!"

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
You have brunch? I thought that was a joke, but you actually have brunch?

What the fuck?

BRUNCH?

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
wish there were more people like tpark who knew what they wanted and weren't afraid to ask for it. "why can't MY life be like that tv show and or beer ad?" "why do darn kids have to be so disrespectful, why can't they learn lessons like in that movie"

good for you tpark keep fighting the good fight

So the real life Coach Carter, an african american wanting other african americans to focus on education and bettering themselves, and respecting their elders, is a bad person and bad thing??

I never saw the movie, I saw an interview with him yesterday and was touched by how much he gave back to his school and such.