PDA

View Full Version : All 13 Spurs with Double Figure Minutes

Solid D
04-06-2012, 11:14 PM
:wow

Beanzamillion21
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Wow, how many times has that happened in the Popovich era?

TJastal
I'm all for playing an extended rotation and utilizing the bench but this is just ridiculous..

Sec24Row7
And everyone scored at least 5 points...

Solid D
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure it has, regulation nor OT. First of all, the rules have only recently allowed teams to dress 13 players. I'm not sure we've seen this before.

timvp
04-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm all for playing an extended rotation and utilizing the bench but this is just ridiculous..

http://dailyelements.com/popserious.jpg

Spursfanfromafar
04-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Timvp, why do you even respond to this clown, TJasshole?

silverblackfan
04-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Timvp, why do you even respond to this clown, TJasshole?

Love the image though! :toast

TJastal
04-06-2012, 11:36 PM
http://dailyelements.com/popserious.jpg

Hey I'm glad the spurs are looking out for #1 winning ball games handily and everybody and their cousin is getting PT but at some point (hopefully soonish) we need to start seeing the rudimentary outline of a playoff rotation taking shape..

rasho8
04-06-2012, 11:51 PM
It's called WWWEEEEE STTAAAAAACCCKKEEDDD!!! That's our playoff rotation.

spurs1990
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey I'm glad the spurs are looking out for #1 winning ball games handily and everybody and their cousin is getting PT but at some point (hopefully soonish) we need to start seeing the rudimentary outline of a playoff rotation taking shape..

And you are saying this knowing full well the Spurs are playing a ridiculously contracted schedule down the stretch essentially dictating the necessity of spreading the minutes.

Besides, health precedes rotational issues all day every day. See Manu Ginobili, game 82 last season.

Solid D
04-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Spurs get 82 Bench Points. The most since 1978.

Spurtacus
04-07-2012, 12:33 AM

What part of blowout did you not understand?

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2012, 12:49 AM
hey tjastal i get yah man

just like the turd supporters of last season who wanted the 1st seed without resting players...lol look what happen...

TJastal
04-07-2012, 01:26 AM
And you are saying this knowing full well the Spurs are playing a ridiculously contracted schedule down the stretch essentially dictating the necessity of spreading the minutes.

Besides, health precedes rotational issues all day every day. See Manu Ginobili, game 82 last season.

I agree health is an important factor, especially for a team like the spurs. But I submit that it it's equally important to develop chemistry by developing steady rotations heading into the playoffs, especially for a team with 3 new players and 2 rookies still learning. You can't do this without incuring some risk. But as I've maintained in previous posts, that risk can be mitigated with proper planning. To me, it doesn't appear Pop has formulated any plan yet for a rotation and there is little evidence of it happening soon. That's a double edged sword, IMO.

Beanzamillion21
04-07-2012, 02:20 AM
hey tjastal i get yah man

just like the turd supporters of last season who wanted the 1st seed without resting players...lol look what happen...

Ugggghhh.... GO D I E!

therealtruth
04-07-2012, 03:14 AM
I agree health is an important factor, especially for a team like the spurs. But I submit that it it's equally important to develop chemistry by developing steady rotations heading into the playoffs, especially for a team with 3 new players and 2 rookies still learning. You can't do this without incuring some risk. But as I've maintained in previous posts, that risk can be mitigated with proper planning. To me, it doesn't appear Pop has formulated any plan yet for a rotation and there is little evidence of it happening soon. That's a double edged sword, IMO.

I don't know. Pop coming up with playoff rotations on the fly might prevent him from automatically penciling in Bonner for 20+ minutes. The only down side is the possibly reduced chemistry with changing roles and minutes.

therealtruth
04-07-2012, 03:17 AM

Maybe this season is where Pop's rest strategy reaps it's rewards. The Heat are starting to look like their feeling the effects of fatigue. When other stars are starting to wear down Ginobili will be regaining his groove.

TheSkeptic
04-07-2012, 03:19 AM
I don't know. Pop coming up with playoff rotations on the fly might prevent him from automatically penciling in Bonner for 20+ minutes. The only down side is the possibly reduced chemistry with changing roles and minutes.

:lol That's could definitely work in our favour. I think that this year's team will have to depend on match-ups more than anything else. Like I said earlier, this rotation and the fact that it's skewed so heavily towards Bonner/Blair over Tiago is, imo, going to weaken the team.

I don't believe the Spurs will be beating teams like Miami and Chicago like this but against maybe OKC or the Clippers, there's no reason why the Spurs can't advance. If Orlando or Boston can pull off an upset the championship is still a legitimate possibility.

mudyez
04-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Didn't even know 13 players are possible!