PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Bench

Manu-20
04-06-2012, 11:25 PM
As most know already the spurs bench scored an incredible 83 points tonight in the W over New Orleans I dont know were to find the stats to back it up but thats got to be somewere up there with a team record I would think or at the very least seasons best in the NBA.
Its been well know facts that teams shorten their rotations come playoff time but this team has so much playmakers going 10 deep would benfit the spurs espically if there are back to backs in the palyoffs. I say going 10 deep just based on the facts at hand we have with Diaw,Jackson,Splitter,Mills, and manu who are all geat playmakers. Having manu come off the bench in the post season and just increasing his mins makes the spurs much more potent casue it may get parker going early who seems much more passive when manu is in the game with him. Now obviously I want to see the big three finsh games out come playoff time but I trust pop and whatever choices he makes as he has done a masterfull job this year with all the talent this team has and overall I fell good about the spurs and pray they are healty come playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2012, 11:33 PM
game night pop will select the roster best fit against/for mismatches ....

expect some main rotational bench players to be left out of certain games in the playoffs.

im still a bit iffy on gary neal as backup PG and even any sort of pt on the floor, when Mills can do neals role perfectly besides his size....

we cant afford to wait for most of the guys on the team to get their stroke going when theres not many mins spread around or touches for certain players, that you see certain players rushing bad decision shots killing the flow of the game

there are still questionable marks on players like green, kl, blair, bonner, neal

mkurts
04-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I think Kawhi Leonard more than earned his starting job.

Don't know about Blair though.

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 12:43 AM
I think Kawhi Leonard more than earned his starting job.

Don't know about Blair though.
While I would like blair to not be a starter I think he will still be a starter come playoff time but the good thing is that he has not been in games we they are close down the stretch in the 4th.

TheSkeptic
04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
While I would like blair to not be a starter I think he will still be a starter come playoff time but the good thing is that he has not been in games we they are close down the stretch in the 4th.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of spotting the other team points in the playoffs. I'd rather see Diaw out there in the starting line-up.

DAF86
04-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Tony-Green-Leonard-Blair-Duncan vs Neal/Mills-Manu-Jackson-Bonner/Diaw-Splitter

Seriously, who wins?

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 12:49 AM
game night pop will select the roster best fit against/for mismatches ....

expect some main rotational bench players to be left out of certain games in the playoffs.

im still a bit iffy on gary neal as backup PG and even any sort of pt on the floor, when Mills can do neals role perfectly besides his size....

we cant afford to wait for most of the guys on the team to get their stroke going when theres not many mins spread around or touches for certain players, that you see certain players rushing bad decision shots killing the flow of the game

there are still questionable marks on players like green, kl, blair, bonner, neal
Id agree with you on that some rotational players will be left out of some playoff games based on matchups and also agree with mills I think he should be given a chance to be our back up pg if he continous to do as well as he has but also you cant just completely take neal out of the equation he is clutch and can be used when big shots are needed down the stretch.

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2012, 12:55 AM
most points since 78... thats nice.

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm not comfortable with the idea of spotting the other team points in the playoffs. I'd rather see Diaw out there in the starting line-up.
Well like I said me and you both would love to see Diaw in the starting line up but to me that aint happing espically with pop but who knows he may change his mind but as one poster said above the spurs probably will play players in the playoffs based on matchups but dear god I hope we dont see blair playing down the stretch in close games in the playoffs.

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 12:59 AM
most points since 78... thats nice.
Dam thanks for the info knew that had to be close to a team record or the most in a long while

TheSkeptic
04-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Well like I said me and you both would love to see Diaw in the starting line up but to me that aint happing espically with pop but who knows he may change his mind but as one poster said above the spurs probably will play players in the playoffs based on matchups but dear god I hope we dont see blair playing down the stretch in close games in the playoffs.

Can you imagine? :lmao

100% agreed.

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Can you imagine? :lmao

100% agreed.
well good sign is that blair has not played much in close games down the stretch so far or else he will probably be throwing away the ball like Dirk today.

Spurfect21
04-07-2012, 01:26 AM
The national media had no choice but to report on us tonight. Even if it takes a 10 game win streak, they have to recognize game. 82 points from the bench?! Staaaacked!

TJastal
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Staaaacked baby

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 01:38 AM
The national media had no choice but to report on us tonight. Even if it takes a 10 game win streak, they have to recognize game. 82 points from the bench?! Staaaacked!
Lol as always its the lakers and heat getting talked about the most but let them talk all they want in the end this is all that matters to us:lobt2:

Obstructed_View
04-07-2012, 01:45 AM
To be fair, the Lakers and Heat played slightly better teams. :)

Man In Black
04-07-2012, 01:59 AM
To be fair, had any big market team won a 10th straight game playing against the likes of The Wizards, it'd be all over the 4-letter.

Manu-20
04-07-2012, 02:01 AM
To be fair, had any big market team won a 10th straight game playing against the likes of The Wizards, it'd be all over the 4-letter.
:lol so true just look at what happend with linsanity

therealtruth
04-07-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't get why people get so hurt the media is not reporting more on the Spurs. The Spurs have never won a championship in a year where they had the media spotlight.

Spurs Brazil
04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
JMcDonald_SAEN Spurs reserves scored 82 points tonight, most prolific night for an NBA bench since Jan. 3, 2000 (Orlando, 82).