PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili's scoring

mkurts
04-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Ginobili seems more passive and content to pass instead of scoring - does anyone else find that the case ?

He also seems to have lost that signature move where he drives to the basket hard then hits a fadeaway jumper mid range .....

TMTTRIO
04-07-2012, 08:59 AM
I've noticed that too. He really doesn't do too much out there. Well I think since we have a deep and talented bench we don't need him to score that much or even produce that much as long as he's doing other things out there. The less he has to do out there on the court the better. It'll keep him healthier. Face it he's not young anymore and is getting closer to retirement. I've noticed that he's taken on more of a leadership role on the court with the younger guys and telling them what they need to do. By the way does anyone know where I can see where he ranks in 3 point shots. I heard he reached 1000 last night and I just wanted to see where that puts him.

kolko
04-07-2012, 09:24 AM
By the way does anyone know where I can see where he ranks in 3 point shots. I heard he reached 1000 last night and I just wanted to see where that puts him.

That puts him number 1 in Spurs' history and number 66 in NBA history.

JRHernandez88
04-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah he is just getting back into shape and by judging by his interviews he is being very very cautious with his body. Him playing like this for right now is a good thing bit I can see him pick his intensity up as we push closer to the playoffs. You have to remember that he hasn't played much basketball to this point.

Solid D
04-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah he is just getting back into shape and by judging by his interviews he is being very very cautious with his body. Him playing like this for right now is a good thing bit I can see him pick his intensity up as we push closer to the playoffs. You have to remember that he hasn't played much basketball to this point.

:tu

Mel_13
04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
http://i.minus.com/iL3FKBZB5Nmem.gif

MullinFan
04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Manu is just as dangerous passing the ball....he doesnt need to score as much anymore with all the other guys we have right now. He still pulls up for that quick 3 though :rollin

Solid D
04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
http://i.minus.com/iL3FKBZB5Nmem.gif

Awesome!
I noticed while watching the replay of this vido last night that Manu actually takes his eyes off of the ball at the last second to spot his target and guage the need for speed. 'Glad he caught it. :) It needed to be a fastball because Gordon was right there and three others closing fast.

PBEEZY
04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
He's debatably the best playmaker on the team. We've got tons of guys who can hit open shots, why not let him do what he does best?

100%duncan
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
He's debatably the best playmaker on the team. We've got tons of guys who can hit open shots, why not let him do what he does best?
Agree with this. But, come playoff time he really needs to be in our top 3 scorers but as of the moment you can't complain about his play especially with his questionable health.

ALVAREZ6
04-07-2012, 12:27 PM

He's undeniably the best playmaker on the team.

TJastal
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
He's undeniably the best playmaker in the league.

fify

Proxy
04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
The only thing we need to worry about Manu-wise, is injury. When the team needs him to do something in the playoffs, he'll get it done... whether that be scoring or creating.

iManu
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
He's undeniably the best playmaker on the team.
:toast

Manudona
04-07-2012, 02:05 PM
fify

Nash is the best play maker of the league.

mkurts
04-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I think that the bench scoring, while currently high, can be inconsistent, so in the playoffs Ginobili needs to average 20 ppg to offset the potential chokers.