PDA

View Full Version : Goran Dragic vs. Roddy Beaubois

Goran Dragic
04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Sup fellas. I know I've argued with certain posters in the past about which one is better. Which one does everyone think is a better player right now, me or Roddy?

Venti Quattro
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Jordan Dragic, tbh. Roddy Buckets has not been as effective imo.

Giuseppe
04-07-2012, 12:26 PM
You should go back and fuck your mother some more, and take little snot nose there (Venti) with ya.

Pelicans78
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Dragic is a PG. Roddy is neither a PG nor SG. Combo guard IMO. Give the edge to Dragic.

mavs>spurs
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
:yield

Latarian Milton
04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
roddy has a ring, you have none

SpursIndonesia
04-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Are Rasho and Beno the only Slovenians with rings?

Sasha Vujajic, is he Slovenian or Serbian ??

Kobayagi
04-07-2012, 08:48 PM

Slovenian.

dirk4mvp
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Ceiling is better than Monta Ellis they said.

Venti Quattro
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Are Rasho and Beno the only Slovenians with rings?
Sasha has two.

DPG21920
04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Right now it's easily Goran. He's just really damn solid and nice size. Roddy appears to have the higher ceiling, but for whatever reason (healthy, playing time....) he hasn't put it together consistently.

I'd take Goran.

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 03:45 AM
Vujacic is such an embarrassment of a player that Slovenians prefer to see him as Serbian, French or Chinese if they take them. Anything but Slovenian.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I just realized that I had mentally blocked out the Lakers 09-10 back-to-back

completely blocked it out

Here, I'll help refresh ya, daddy:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Vujacic is such an embarrassment of a player that Slovenians prefer to see him as Serbian, French or Chinese if they take them. Anything but Slovenian.
Why? You should be proud of Sasha. He has two rings with the NBA's best franchise and he's banging the hottest tennis player right now.

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 03:58 AM
-douchebag

-crappy player who didn't really contribute to those championship teams

-douchebag

-behaves like a primadona when it comes to National Team

-douchebag

Here - I thrown out 5 reasons why we aren't proud of him. Similar can probably be said for Udrih honestly.

He was Kobe's buddy so Lakers put up with him for so long. Look at where he is playing now.

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Primoz Brezec
Bostjan Nachbar
Radoslav "Rasho" Nesterovic
Uros Slokar
Goran Dragič

Beno Udrih
Sasha Vujacic

5 of these players are mainly respected and loved by Slovenian fans - 2 aren't.

LkrFan
04-08-2012, 04:07 AM
Roddy B. I dislike Dragic.

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Is Krstic Serbian? I love this guy for going toe-to-toe with Sofoklis Schortsianitis :rollin

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Yes, Krstic is Serbian.

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 04:13 AM
As for the original thread question:

Goran Dragič is playing like a borderline all-star right now so it is maybe kind of unrealistic to compare him.

IF he continues to play like this in the future (and I pray to all the gods for this) then Dragič>>Roddy.

His PER is at 17.79 and constantly rising for the last 2 months.

Texas_Ranger
04-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Primoz Brezec
Bostjan Nachbar
Radoslav "Rasho" Nesterovic
Uros Slokar
Goran Dragič

Beno Udrih
Sasha Vujacic

5 of these players are mainly respected and loved by Slovenian fans - 2 aren't.

yea, I really don't give a fuck anymore about Sasha and the national team conflict, both sides were bitches so who cares about that.
If I was Beno I would also not come and play for the NT if the coach selected Jaka Lakovic as the first PG.
LOL @ Uros Slokar and him playing in the NBA.
Others are good... Oh yea, Nachbar showed he's a money whore so no respect here, but I alway liked him on the NT.

We Slovenians can just be proud that our country's got 5 rings.

And Dragic > Roddy

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 04:19 AM
I am not denying our NT management is beyond retarded (Maljković - really?!? F*** Zdovc and his great perfomance in Poland)

But this doesn't make Vujačič or Udrih any lesser primadonas.

Texas_Ranger
04-08-2012, 04:25 AM
I am not denying our NT management is beyond retarded (Maljković - really?!? F*** Zdovc and his great perfomance in Poland)

But this doesn't make Vujačič or Udrih any lesser primadonas.

agree with that.. I still think Sasha's a bitch and Beno's exuses were stupid. But I would still like to see them on NT. Rather them than some Samo Udrih or Klobucar. Also a fact that we got a washed up coach won't help us.

Slo spurs fan
04-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Roddy B. I dislike Dragic.

:lol I wonder why. :lol

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Speaking of Sasha, he is going to get married to Masha (http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/maria-sharapova-and-sasha-vujacic-will-wed-in-turkey-despite-being-saddened-by-all-the-stray-dogs/). Fucking lucky bastard. :lmao

I told ya Slovenians, despite all his bitchiness and prima donna skills, you should be proud of yo boy Sashaaaaaa! Two NBA rings and another from Masha ain't a bad haul for a career.

Slo spurs fan
04-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Speaking of Sasha, he is going to get married to Masha (http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/maria-sharapova-and-sasha-vujacic-will-wed-in-turkey-despite-being-saddened-by-all-the-stray-dogs/). Fucking lucky bastard. :lmao

I told ya Slovenians, despite all his bitchiness and prima donna skills, you should be proud of yo boy Sashaaaaaa! Two NBA rings and another from Masha ain't a bad haul for a career.

Who cares, fuck him.

TE
04-08-2012, 04:38 AM
Wow, Sasha is one lucky dude.

Sharapova is fucking gorgeous imho

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Sharapova gorgeous? Not really. Good looking? Yeah.

Pero
04-08-2012, 05:05 AM
As for the original thread question:

Goran Dragič is playing like a borderline all-star right now so it is maybe kind of unrealistic to compare him.
I think it's not borderline. :)

His PER is at 17.79 and constantly rising for the last 2 months.
I wonder what his PER is for the games he's been starting.

Kamnik
04-08-2012, 05:15 AM
I wrote "borderline" so I wouldn't look like a total fanboy. :P

His "starting" PER would probably be somewhere around 20-21. But PER doesn't tell too much; just consider Rondo is the 22th best PG in the league (behind Joran Farmar) if we just take PER into consideration.

With such level of play and leadershipon the floor Dragič is a top 10 PG in the league. The question is if he can continue to play like this.

Pero
04-08-2012, 05:41 AM
I wrote "borderline" so I wouldn't look like a total fanboy. :P
Haha, well I think you don't have to worry about that at the moment. Westbrook, Paul, Nash and Parker were allstars and Dragic with his current play is right there with them. Though I wonder if he can keep this up too.

LkrFan
04-08-2012, 06:10 AM
:lol I wonder why. :lol

:downspin:

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Is this even serious? Dragic is ballin right now.

BUMP
04-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Is this even serious? Dragic is ballin right now.

:lol deleting your retarded Tim's bank manager phrase under your username when your troll showed up

mavs>spurs
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome Back,Captain Jack!

BUMP
04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Tim's Bank Manager

*Oh wait, someone's mocking me? Let me quickly change it before anyone else sees how retarded I am I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddd*

Kobayagi
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Butthurt Slovenians who think that playing those 6-10 games every two years for national team should be more important to every player than playing 80 games or more each year for the team that actually pays their salary are the ones who hate Udrih and Vujacic.

Unfortunately, the majority of Slovenians think like that.

Slo spurs fan
04-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Butthurt Slovenians who think that playing those 6-10 games every two years for national team should be more important to every player than playing 80 games or more each year for the team that actually pays their salary are the ones who hate Udrih and Vujacic.

You sir are dumb. Where they learned to play ball? Who invested in their progress? Fucking Mirza Begic know better then those two POS.

Kobayagi
04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
You sir are dumb. Where they learned to play ball? Who invested in their progress? Fucking Mirza Begic know better then those two POS.

lol @ thinking you should be a slave to your national team just because you grew up there. Invested in their progress? What, the country invested in their progress? How? I'd really like to hear that.

I'd like to see you work instead of spending your summer holidays with your family. Oh and by the way, by working during the summer I meant working for free. And at the same time risking getting hurt and damaging your future. I'm sure the great country of Slovenia would take care of you financially if you lose the opportunity to sign the big long term contract with a team. Sounds great, right? I'd like to see your noble patriotic ass not turn down this opportunity.

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 03:27 PM

You have the mindset of Mark Cuban...

Kobayagi
04-08-2012, 03:34 PM
You have the mindset of Mark Cuban...

Is that a bad thing? As far as I know, he's a succesful businessman and millionaire.

I'm sure every lakerfan would rejoice if glass-knees Drew would play for team USA during summer after a 100 games long NBA season.

Slo spurs fan
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
lol @ thinking you should be a slave to your national team just because you grew up there. Invested in their progress? What, the country invested in their progress? How? I'd really like to hear that.

I'd like to see you work instead of spending your summer holidays with your family. Oh and by the way, by working during the summer I meant working for free. And at the same time risking getting hurt and damaging your future. I'm sure the great country of Slovenia would take care of you financially if you lose the opportunity to sign the big long term contract with a team. Sounds great, right? I'd like to see your noble patriotic ass not turn down this opportunity.

A worked A LOT for free (charity). Every club invest in players in many ways during their progress from minors to first teams, hence the buyouts. I guess you are close Beno friend becouse you are deep in his ass from at least 2005.

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Is that a bad thing? As far as I know, he's a succesful businessman and millionaire.

I'm sure every lakerfan would rejoice if glass-knees Drew would play for team USA during summer after a 100 games long NBA season.
His opinion is that NBA players who are earning millions and millions should not be subjected/obligated to compete in the Olympics and other international competitions because they are the investments of their franchises. Putting them out to the world is an investment risk.

Kobayagi
04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I guess you are close Beno friend becouse you are deep in his ass from at least 2005.

Not really. I don't even remember writing anything positive about Beno, but I'm sure you can go and find some quotes of mine to prove me wrong. I don't really like Beno, but it has nothing to do with his national team involvement, because I think this is a non-issue.

Kobayagi
04-08-2012, 03:49 PM
His opinion is that NBA players who are earning millions and millions should not be subjected/obligated to compete in the Olympics and other international competitions because they are the investments of their franchises. Putting them out to the world is an investment risk.

Who is obliged to play for the national team? I'm sure any player (with the exception of Yao) can decline participating in Olympics or world championships.

As far as being an investment risk for team stakeholders, yeah, I can agree with that.

Pero
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
These days I more or less agree with you Kobayagi. I personally don't like them because of their constant lame excuses, can't say I hate them though.

dunkman
04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
My vote goes for Tragic tbh . . . 'cos he's done something in the playoffs.

InK
04-08-2012, 08:01 PM

Haha, pwnd

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Tim's Bank Manager

*Oh wait, someone's mocking me? Let me quickly change it before anyone else sees how retarded I am I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddd*

Bank's not open. Come back on the Month of June but I think you can't because you will be gone fishing by the end of April. Thank You.

Kamnik
04-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Is it possible that Dragič gets something like 5 years 50 million contract? Rockets will probably make the playoffs and are playing winning basketball with Dragič at the wheel.

wanggi
04-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Could you find a better one to compete to ?

Slo spurs fan
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Dragon named player of the week! 3-0 wins (including @Bulls and @Lakers), 20.7PPG, 8.3APG, 3.0RPG. Well deserved.

Kamnik
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
AWSOME! Go Gogi!

Kai
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah this little dragon is playing his way out of a Rockets uniform. He's gonna get paid. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Phoenix signs him to a huge deal :lol

Slo spurs fan
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I hope he will stay in Houston. They have a lot of great young players with great future infront of them.

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Is it possible that Dragič gets something like 5 years 50 million contract? Rockets will probably make the playoffs and are playing winning basketball with Dragič at the wheel.

Spitfire point guards are a dime a dozen. Unless he really stands out, his ceiling is about 7 to 8 million. I think that figure is already being generous.

Slo spurs fan
04-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Depends of how will Rockets/Dragic finish this season. If he continues to play like he did this past month now with KLow back in the linup, sure. Those numbers for 18 games as starter are ELITE.
Ohh and BTW boy is he fun to watch!
:wakeup <---- This is me at 4AM. :lol

Kamnik
04-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Depends of how will Rockets/Dragic finish this season. If he continues to play like he did this past month now with KLow back in the linup, sure. Those numbers for 18 games as starter are ELITE.
Ohh and BTW boy is he fun to watch!
:wakeup <---- This is me at 4AM. :lol

I am still considering it... I just hate the commercials and wait (fall asleep inbetween) :) Easier to watch in the morning with international league pass and just skip all the pauses. Pure 1 hour of play... :toast

Slo spurs fan
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I am still considering it... I just hate the commercials and wait (fall asleep inbetween) :) Easier to watch in the morning with international league pass and just skip all the pauses. Pure 1 hour of play... :toast

Not the same, bro, not the same.:toast

FlyHigh07
04-09-2012, 06:33 PM

he Is a Serb from Slovenia (serbian father). same with Dragic (serbian father). but their mothers are Slovenian.

Slo spurs fan
04-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Another great game by Dragon. 22PTS, 8-14FG (4-6 for 3), 7 ast, 3stl, 2reb. Rockets perfect (4-0) on the road trip. :hat

Kai
04-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Ugh, every game I watch, the more I want to keep him in Houston. Wonder if the Rockets would be willing to deal Lowry in order to keep Dragic...

Kamnik
04-10-2012, 05:34 AM
I realise more and more it is almost impossible to keep both. (unfortunately) there are about 15 quality point guards in the NBA and 30 teams that want them. For one team to have 2...

I still think the best move for Houston is to deal Lowry as he is a great player with a great contract. If they let Dragič go for nothing it is a big loss for them.

And don't get me wrong - Lowry is one of my favourite players in the league.

Kai
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I Prefer one over the other, but getting rid of Dragic nets nothing. Getting rid of Lowry could possibly get you an all-star.

Goran Dragic
04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Dragic as a starter is simply better than Lowry. Lowry is somewhat of a chucker and inefficient scorer while Dragic is really efficient. Dragic plays great defense while Lowry's defense has slipped since he got fat, and Dragic is also a better passer. They're 11-6 since he became the starter.

Kai
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Dragic as a starter is simply better than Lowry. Lowry is somewhat of a chucker and inefficient scorer while Dragic is really efficient. Dragic plays great defense while Lowry's defense has slipped since he got fat, and Dragic is also a better passer. They're 11-6 since he became the starter.

I think you're being a little harsh on Lowry, and he's always been fat. I'll agree that the current play of Dragic is better than Lowry has ever been though.

djohn2oo8
04-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Pay Dragic whatever, trade Lowry AND Martin.

dirk4mvp
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
dragic as a starter is simply better than lowry. Lowry is somewhat of a chucker and inefficient scorer while dragic is really efficient. Dragic plays great defense while lowry's defense has slipped since he got fat, and dragic is also a better passer. They're 11-6 since he became the starter.

Kyle Lowry is FAT.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Hm-_Cnyk3u0

Kai
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Kyle Lowry is FAT.

Lowry's lost 15 pounds with his bacterial infection. He's actually skinny now with a pudgy face. It's weird as hell.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
He's still a fat PG, though..

Fat PGs usually peak for only a few years, they virtually always let themselves go, sooner or later..

Deron Williams will fall to the fat PG syndrome, soon, IMO..

Pelicans78
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Lowry's shooting has been weird this season. He's been a crappy two-point shooter, but excellent 3-point shooter and FT shooter doing better than Dragic in both. Also, his defense was solid as well. Before his infection, he was clearly the Rockets best player this season. He also had a strong case to make the All-Star team.

I prefer Dragic because he's easier to watch. Smooth player. Not fat. Shoots an overall higher FG% although both guys total shooting% are similar since Lowry has been better from beyond the arc and the FT line. Both guys have been similar overall this season.

Lowry's defense will fade as he gets older. Long-term I prefer Dragic.

And the Hornets have cap room to sign him. Sorry Houston, you guys are stuck with Lowry which isn't a bad thing since he again will be the best player unless upgrades are made on the other roster spots.

Kai
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Lowry's shooting has been weird this season. He's been a crappy two-point shooter, but excellent 3-point shooter and FT shooter doing better than Dragic in both. Also, his defense was solid as well. Before his infection, he was clearly the Rockets best player this season. He also had a strong case to make the All-Star team.

I prefer Dragic because he's easier to watch. Smooth player. Not fat. Shoots an overall higher FG% although both guys total shooting% are similar since Lowry has been better from beyond the arc and the FT line. Both guys have been similar overall this season.

Lowry's defense will fade as he gets older. Long-term I prefer Dragic.

And the Hornets have cap room to sign him. Sorry Houston, you guys are stuck with Lowry which isn't a bad thing since he again will be the best player unless upgrades are made on the other roster spots.

The Rockets will have cap room as well. If we tell him he will be the starter and then deal Lowry, Do you really think he'd choose NO over Houston?

Pelicans78
04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
The Rockets will have cap room as well. If we tell him he will be the starter and then deal Lowry, Do you really think he'd choose NO over Houston?

Why not? The Rockets don't have much upside unless they dump Scola and/or Martin. How will he perform with Martin? Also, will the Rockets dump Lowry before FA starts? If they don't, he will take an offer for good money and a starting job. The Hornets have alot of upside with two good lottery picks and if Gordon can stay healthy.

Kai
04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Why not? The Rockets don't have much upside unless they dump Scola and/or Martin. How will he perform with Martin? Also, will the Rockets dump Lowry before FA starts? If they don't, he will take an offer for good money and a starting job. The Hornets have alot of upside with two good lottery picks and if Gordon can stay healthy.

Well for one, the Hornets aren't an attractive destination. Secondly, he genuinely likes Houston and the coaching staff. If he played for the Hornets this year(lol Stern), I'd probably say he'd be more likely to stay in New Orleans. Familiarity can go a long way (especially when it comes to choosing between these mediocre situations).

Mel_13
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Portland is a likely landing spot for Dragic.

All-star big.

Tons of cap space.

Lottery picks.

Absolutely no competition for the starting PG job.

Kai
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Portland is a likely landing spot for Dragic.

All-star big.

Tons of cap space.

Lottery picks.

Absolutely no competition for the starting PG job.

Video of Portland reporter asking him about this very subject last night:

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/video?PID=E_eHf0rIEy18OQXWl9nBuHe04vxeeCfB

Says hopefully he can stay in Houston at the end.

ALSO: Lowry gets naked in the background if you're into that sort of thing :lol

Mel_13
04-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Video of Portland reporter asking him about this very subject last night:

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/video?PID=E_eHf0rIEy18OQXWl9nBuHe04vxeeCfB

Says hopefully he can stay in Houston at the end.

Smart thing to say.

Seems like he's well aware that he's going to be in great demand this summer.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-11-2012, 12:15 AM
NO having cap room doesn't really matter given that Houston has bird rights...

Kai
04-11-2012, 12:37 AM
NO having cap room doesn't really matter given that Houston has bird rights...

Yes, this too. Either way you cut it, Dragic isn't gonna stay to be a backup methinks. If the Rockets are serious about keeping this dude, they're gonna have to ship Lowry out, or bench him and create a mess.

djohn2oo8
04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Yes, this too. Either way you cut it, Dragic isn't gonna stay to be a backup methinks. If the Rockets are serious about keeping this dude, they're gonna have to ship Lowry out, or bench him and create a mess.

Dragic
Lee
Parsons
Scola
Camby

With whatever we get back in return for Lowry and Martin. Some team will be dumb enough to overpay.

Fenix
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Lowry+ Scola + Knicks pick for Bargnani+filler+ Raptors own pick

Draft Andre Drummond.

Drummond/Camby
Bargnani/Patterson
Parsons/Budinger
Lee/Martin
Dragic/Flynn

Kai
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Lowry+ Scola + Knicks pick for Bargnani+filler+ Raptors own pick

Draft Andre Drummond.

Drummond/Camby
Bargnani/Patterson
Parsons/Budinger
Lee/Martin
Dragic/Flynn

The Rockets are expecting big things from Donatas Motiejunas, who's coming over to play in the NBA next year. Not sure if we'd want both he and Bargnani on the same team.

Slo spurs fan
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Flynn?
He is in Portland.

Mel_13
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Flynn?
He is in Portland.

Well, Toronto wouldn't make that trade anyway.

Slo spurs fan
04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, Toronto wouldn't make that trade anyway.

Neither would Houston.

Kamnik
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Bargnani wouldn't make sense - he is a horrible and somewhat soft defensive player. Opposite of how this Rox team works.

As for Flynn... I belive he is the worst player in the NBA and I am quite sure he won't be around next year.

Rockets can surely get an all-star caliber big for Lowry and Martin. It is a shame that Lowry and Dragic play the same position because they are both great guys.

BUMP
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Wait Whats The Score Did I Say They Would Open This To An 8 Point Game Ha Ha Ha