PDA

View Full Version : Mavs= last year Grizz

jon123spurs
04-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Could the mavs be tanking like the grizzlies did last year to face us they lost to the grizzlies tonight to fall to the eighth seed call me crazy but I think they have no chance against us but who knows I thought that last year about Memphis and we know what happend there. Thoughts anyone?

Mel_13
04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
No.

The Grizz tanked a couple games in the last week of the season after they had already secured a playoff spot.

Dallas has nine games left and is not close to clinching a playoff spot. Tanking games now could just as easily put them in the lottery as get the playoff match that they want.

Spursfan092120
04-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Punctuation is awesome. But to answer the question, no. Tbh, the Mavs really don't want to play us. Not the way we've frustrated Dirk.

jon123spurs
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Sorry professor spurs fan didn't know I was getting graded for my punctuation lol but no really I think they are scared of us I think they're just not good enough to be in the playoffs

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
they are only 1 game ahead of the jazz, all of that can change if we tank the 2 remaining games against them

Mel_13
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I think they're just not good enough to be in the playoffs

:wtf

jon123spurs
04-07-2012, 11:01 PM
What I meant I just don't see them beating any of the top 4 teams they might have a chance against the Lakers but I just think they're still hungover on lasts year championship

hooperflash
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
They're gonna tank themselves out of the playoffs! Haha :lol

TVI
04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Mavs aren't tanking - they're sucking.

freetiago
04-07-2012, 11:11 PM
2nd seed mavs lost to the 7th seed spurs in what is probably the worst team duncan has been on in his entire career
i would love for the mavs to tank to play the spurs

CitizenDwayne
04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Mavs/Dirk/Cuban are too historically afraid of the Spurs to tank.

pgardn
04-07-2012, 11:40 PM
They really were set up to get rid of a few players fand contracts for Howard and Deron Williams. If they really feel its just gone south why not just tank to the lottery...

The_Worlds_finest
04-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Would it be worth it to let the jazz win the next two games to put more stress at the bottom of the table?

T Park
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
They really were set up to get rid of a few players fand contracts for Howard and Deron Williams. If they really feel its just gone south why not just tank to the lottery...

Tank, sign Deron Williams and draft a good big. Sounds like a winning proposition to me.

Slutter McGee
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Sorry professor spurs fan didn't know I was getting graded for my punctuation lol but no really I think they are scared of us I think they're just not good enough to be in the playoffs

You should be graded on your punctuation, because you look like a retard when you write like that. I am far from a grammar Nazi, but that is just ridiculous.

Oh yeah. And it's difficult to read. That is why people use commas and periods. Or do you think they exist without reason?

Finally, The idea of the Mavs tanking games without a secured playoff birth is just stupid.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

therealtruth
04-08-2012, 12:27 AM
The Grizzlies didn't tank games. They just rested their players just like the Spurs do.

Dex
04-08-2012, 12:46 AM
You should be graded on your punctuation, because you look like a retard when you write like that. I am far from a grammar Nazi, but that is just ridiculous.

Oh yeah. And it's difficult to read. That is why people use commas and periods. Or do you think they exist without reason?

Finally, The idea of the Mavs tanking games without a secured playoff birth is just stupid.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

All of this is correct.

If you talk/type like a blabbering idiot, expect to be treated like one.

Sean Cagney
04-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Mavs are not tanking at all, they are just playing stronger teams! Spurs are not the #1 seed fully yet either, that could change from day to day! Mavs just are not that good right now, they are hardly tanking.

G-Dawgg
04-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Hell no... our 2nd line is even better than their starting 5.... they'd get slaughtered if they were tanking to face us.

Robz4000
04-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Mavs might not even see the postseason at this rate. No chance they're tanking. Wait until the last week of the season and see what teams are doing, then you might see someone tanking.

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2012, 03:48 AM
we control there destiny now...spurs can tank the 2 games against the jazz

Obstructed_View
04-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Dirk throwing the ball away at the end of two close, gruelling games to seal the win for the other team and fall into a race to make the playoffs isn't exactly the greatest tactic for tanking.

Fireball
04-08-2012, 05:27 AM
The Grizzlies didn't tank games. They just rested their players just like the Spurs do.

Coach and players did say they wanted to play the Spurs in the first round. So yes, they tanked by resting key players ... Pop never rests players to establish a certain spot in the seedings ...

BOHOLANO#21
04-08-2012, 10:01 AM
They are tanking to get on the lottery...

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Could the mavs be tanking like the grizzlies did last year to face us they lost to the grizzlies tonight to fall to the eighth seed call me crazy but I think they have no chance against us but who knows I thought that last year about Memphis and we know what happend there. Thoughts anyone?

Watching Hollins hunt you like a goddamn animal last Spring was truly amazing.

Jesus, Mother Mary & Joseph.

Horse
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
First off Fuck the mavs, I would love to take them out again. And for the last time the grizz were not good enough to beat us, Manu's fucking arm was broken!

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
First off Fuck the mavs, I would love to take them out again. And for the last time the grizz were not good enough to beat us, Manu's fucking arm was broken!

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

Cane
04-08-2012, 11:16 AM

True, Phil Jackson showed his true colors when he brought up Kobe's knee at his last post game conference, no reporter even asked him about it :lol

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
True, Phil Jackson showed his true colors when he brought up Kobe's knee at his last post game conference, no reporter even asked him about it :lol

No problem. Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

Cane
04-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Ain't that the truth (Phil, Kobe, Bynum, etc) :toast

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Ain't that the truth (Phil, Kobe, Bynum, etc) :toast

:toast

Horse
04-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Only morons can't tell the difference between a team at full strength and when they're not. The '89 finals, the year the pistons swept the lakers, do you think they get swept if magic and scott are healthy? That laker team didn't lose a game up to that point and may not have lost a game the whole playoffs. How would any team do without they're best player? This comment is stupid even for a laker fan.

Horse
04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Are you gonna tell me you believe the suns still beat the piss out of the lakers last night if kobe plays? There won't be much satisfaction if we beat la wed if it's without kobe.

Proxy
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Who plays the role of Randolph and the role of Gasol for Dallas? C'mon now. Put a little thought in it before you post.

Kindergarten Cop
04-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Kobe Bryant sat out the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night with an injured left shin, the first game he's missed this season.

Lakers longtime trainer Gary Vitti said just before tipoff he decided to put Bryant's left foot in a protective boot to rest the injury.

"It's very painful," Vitti said. "He's been playing with this and it's not getting any better. Really the only way to stop it is to shut him down. That's why I put him in a boot."

:lol

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Are you gonna tell me you believe the suns still beat the piss out of the lakers last night if kobe plays? There won't be much satisfaction if we beat la wed if it's without kobe.

You have 15 personnel slots, that's 3 teams + a six hour flight from anywhere in the world to acquire woldwide talent. It's incumbent upon the team to compete in that arena as well.

I don't play the injury card.

It's my religion.

Sean Cagney
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
How does Kobe being hurt like that help you guys out though? You aren't concerned him saying only way to heal it is to shut him down? That doesn't spell good.

Slutter McGee
04-08-2012, 04:34 PM
They are tanking to get on the lottery...

Yeah. Because being the 9th seed and barely missing the playoffs puts you in good lottery position. Give me a break. They aren't tanking.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

manufan10
04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol

Culburn has no room after last night. :lmao

manufan10
04-08-2012, 04:46 PM
You have 15 personnel slots, that's 3 teams + a six hour flight from anywhere in the world to acquire woldwide talent. It's incumbent upon the team to compete in that arena as well.

It's my religion.

Kobe Bryant sat out the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night with an injured left shin, the first game he's missed this season.

Lakers longtime trainer Gary Vitti said just before tipoff he decided to put Bryant's left foot in a protective boot to rest the injury.

"It's very painful," Vitti said. "He's been playing with this and it's not getting any better. Really the only way to stop it is to shut him down. That's why I put him in a boot."

Lies! :lol

NewcastleKEG
04-08-2012, 05:16 PM
2011 Grizz = 2 Post Studs
2012 Mavs = 0 Post Studs

So no

Latarian Milton
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
beatin the spurs would be greater fun for dallas then winning a lucky championship imho, but it doesn't seem like they can beat the spurs at least not in this year. 1st round exit again for dallas whoever they take on tbh

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Lies! :lol

manufan10
04-08-2012, 08:33 PM

No more whining from you when someone talks about injuries. :nope

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
No more whining from you when someone talks about injuries. :nope

It's my religion.

manufan10
04-08-2012, 08:36 PM

It's my religion.

Lies. You went around copying and pasting that all last night.

" :cry Kobe's hurt.. :cry "

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Lies. You went around copying and pasting that all last night.

" :cry Kobe's hurt.. :cry "

I never play the injury card.

It's my religion.

manufan10
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM

It's my religion.

Too late you already did. You denied your religion.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Too late you already did. You denied your religion.

It's my religion.

DMC
04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
No one tanks on the bubble this late in the season with a race this tight. Imagine they miss the playoffs. Just 4 extra games bring in a shit ton of revenue. No one is going to risk that.

manufan10
04-08-2012, 08:43 PM

It's my religion.

I don't need to say anything after this, because you've already said enough:

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't need to say anything after this, because you've already said enough:

manufan10
04-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Hypocrite

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Hypocrite

:rolleyes

Beanzamillion21
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Na, Mavs suck. We would own them in the first round.