PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Hunter questionable tonight?

TwoHandJam
06-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm quite sure he'll play regardless given the magnitude of the game but I read on a Pistons forum that Hunter is questionable for tonight. Can any Pistons fans confirm this?

I remember in game 5 he seemed to be hobbling after one play but I believe he came back and played. The site claims he has a sprained ankle. He is one of their better perimeter defenders so if he is less than 100% that will put a lot of pressure on Billups to play extended minutes. With one day rest after a tough overtime loss, this could be a factor tonight.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo, not Arroyoooooooooooooo...

Shiz, that will hurt if he doesn't play...

Pistons < Spurs
06-21-2005, 03:37 PM
I read that too, yet still wait to see an official release stating that till I believe it.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Yes, I believe he is injured, but he will still play...You are not questionable for a game 6 deciding game for the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP. You are going to play regardless. You will forget the pain once you are in the game. Anyway, Arroyo is due for a good game. You really never know. SA hasn't faced him much if any in the Finals. It may throw them off guard to face a quick point guard that can pass.

SpursFanDan
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
a quick point guard that turns it over too much, and isnt on good terms with the coach, yeah...he'll play.

whottt
I'd rather just see Hunter than Arroyo...true Arroyo has sucked this series...but he was also a major pain the ass in the Olympics...IMO, Arroyo has the potential to do more damage than Hunter does.

TwoHandJam
I thought he was ok later but maybe he just played on it using the adrenaline to get him through.

Didn't he return to the game after that incident?

WayDowntownBang
He'll be fine. The second that jersey is put on and he gets the call to get into the game, he'll be 100% in his mind. Just like Manu and Dwayne Wade before him.

Injuries hurt MUCH more before and after the game.. unless your leg falls off, I don't see anyone giving excuses for small injuries like that.

If the Pistons lose tonight, it sure won't be because Lindsey's body hurts.

And please God.. if you love us, you won't let Carlos Arroyo have any quality minutes.

Jimcs50
06-21-2005, 03:42 PM
W/o Hunter, Beno gets to play.

:)

bdubya
Well, there you go....if the Spurs actually pull this off, they'll have a big fat asterisk for winning over a depleted, injury-stricken Detroit team.

j/k :lol :lol

Marklar MM
And please God.. if you love us, you won't let Carlos Arroyo have any quality minutes.

What happens if Arroyo gets quality minutes and produces?

06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I'd rather just see Hunter than Arroyo...true Arroyo has sucked this series...but he was also a major pain the ass in the Olympics...IMO, Arroyo has the potential to do more damage than Hunter does.

With Hunter, you know what you're going to get. Arroyo is a wild card. He could help, but so far in this series he hasn't done anything besides hurt the Pistons.

texbumTHElife
06-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Hunter is staying at the Westing La Cantera a long with the rest of the Pistons. That just happens to be where I work. I saw him hobbiling through the lobby yesterday very noticabely.

combs84
06-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I would take Carlos Arroyo as my Starting Point Guard over Tony Parker, so for everybody who is taking shots at him, please explain why.

I love the kids emotion as well. Hes always first off the bench to celebrate a big shot, jumpin up and down. Thats huge for his so called attitude problem when he is going games without playing and can still show that kind of emotion.

SpursFanDan
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Then this would mean that hes only in the game because you got blown out, and hes gaining finals "experience".

timvp
06-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I would take Carlos Arroyo as my Starting Point Guard over Tony Parker.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I would take Carlos Arroyo as my Starting Point Guard over Tony Parker, so for everybody who is taking shots at him, please explain why.

I wouldn't but that is just me. Arroyo is a good player though.

FromWayDowntown
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I would take Carlos Arroyo as my Starting Point Guard over Tony Parker.

You'd lose a lot of games.

T Park
06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
over tony parker???

whoa.... Thats gotta be a kidding response.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 03:54 PM

I love the kids emotion as well. Hes always first off the bench to celebrate a big shot, jumpin up and down. Thats huge for his so called attitude problem when he is going games without playing and can still show that kind of emotion.

Combs.. I've known you for a long.. LONG time. I can't believe you just said that.

Arroyo is inexperienced at the NBA level. He *IS* emotional, but it takes over sometimes. The kid can dribble like nobody's business, but he's turnover prone, and just doesn't have very good court vision. I'm NOT a Tony Parker fan, but I don't know if Carlos would have put the lockdown on Rip on the last play of Game 5 like Tony did. You have to give your props when their due.

I don't know what it is about Arroyo.. I just can't stand the kid.

I'll shave my head.

Course, I'm damn near shaved bald now, so that won't be too dramatic.

combs84
06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm not kidding at all, Arroyo can get the team involved much better then Tony Parker can. Hes just more of a typical Point Guard then Parker is. TP will make a couple nifty passes from time to time and can definately get to the bucket and score better, but as for a typical Point Guard, I wouldn't hesitate to take Arroyo over him.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Arroyo can get the team involved much better then Tony Parker can. Hes just more of a typical Point Guard then Parker is.

You are right about Parker not being a typical pg...but that is about it, IMO. I speak only as one who has watched Parker all year...and to be fair you have watched Arroyo more than I have.

bdubya
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Arroyo's potential is huge, but he needs a lot more game time next year, so the Pistons can get used to CATCHING HIS DAMN PASSES. I don't know how many times I've watched him throw a sweet bullet pass right into, and right THROUGH, one of our bigs' hands....

TwoHandJam
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I've seen Arroyo play some inspired ball in the Olympics but I don't think he comes close to being as consistent as Parker is - and Parker is still inconsistent due to his lack of a reliable jumper.

Arroyo is even more erratic than Parker is on the whole.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
As you guys have learned....Brown is rough on rookies and young players. We learned that when he was coach here.

combs84
06-21-2005, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=WayDowntownBang]
Arroyo is inexperienced at the NBA level. He *IS* emotional, but it takes over sometimes. The kid can dribble like nobody's business, but he's turnover prone, and just doesn't have very good court vision. I'm NOT a Tony Parker fan, but I don't know if Carlos would have put the lockdown on Rip on the last play of Game 5 like Tony did. You have to give your props when their due.[QUOTE]

Hes not as TO prone as one might think, and probably less so then Tony Parker. TP is something like a 2:1 Asst to TO Ratio, that is anything but spectactular. I realize Billups and most starting Point Guards don't do much better but my point is Arroyo is no more TO prone then any other PG in the league.

Parker to me is just to out of control, he has toned it down quite a bit but every now and then its there. If anybody's emotion tends to take them OUT of the game its also Parkers.

I don't see why everybody questions Arroyos skills handling the ball and what not, hell hes even a good shooter for the most part. People think he doesn't play much so those skills must be lacking. Thats false, the reason he doesn't play is because his defense isn't where it should be yet. But neither was Rip or Billups' when they first came here. I think with this kids determination hes going to make a huge stride with that next year and be probably the best backup PG in the league.

06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I've seen Arroyo play some inspired ball in the Olympics but I don't think he comes close to being as consistent as Parker is - and Parker is still inconsistent due to his lack of a reliable jumper.

Arroyo is even more erratic than Parker is on the whole.

Parker has played a ton more than Arroyo. But has Arroyo not played because of the situation or becasue he's erratic? I don't know, I haven't seen much of him besides this year...

whottt
06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
If I remember right Arroyo had some good games against Parker when he was with the Jazz.

weebo
06-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Well that's all and good, if you're trying to lead the dance team. However, if you're trying to keep you hopes alive for a title, Hunter has to play. BTW, it is really dumb of you to take Arroyo over Parker as your starting PG. Apparently, Jerry Sloan didn't think to highly of this guy and couldn't wait to get rid of him.

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Arroyo looked good in the olympics but absolutely sucked with the jazz...

combs84
06-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Right, so because ego Sloan dumped him, he must suck. In that case Chauncey Billups is the worst Point Guard to ever live having been dumped more times then I can count.

And I'm not arguing that Hunter has to play..but if people think Arroyo doesn't play for reasons previously mistaken, then why does Hunter play? Arroyo is obviously better at distributing the ball and getting people involved. Oh yea, its called Defense.

06-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Apparently, Jerry Sloan didn't think to highly of this guy and couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Word was it had more to do with off court issues than his actual play. Last year was his first year starting more than 1 game and he did pretty well.

71 GS

13 pts
5 assists
3 rebounds
2 TOs
28 mins/game

weebo
06-21-2005, 04:34 PM
There is a reason Jerry Sloan traded him and Larry Brown hasn't played him much this series. Granted, I'm not doubting his ability to pass the ball, as you say. However, If t two all-time great coaches don't show confidence in his ability to play, where do you get the idea that he is better than Parker?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Watch your mouth guys. You just know that the Pistons are monitoring this board looking for some good bulletin board material to get Carlos fired up. He's going off for a triple double tonight if he reads the things you've written.