PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will win it all.

Ari Gold
04-08-2012, 12:38 PM
this team has just too much damn depth. rest of the league better be shakin'

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Please.

I already predicted it 2 months ago.

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
No, you didn't.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
No, you didn't.

:rolleyes

blackfire12
04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
hopefully we can go all the way this time...

Landon Donofag
04-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Bynumite
04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
If "All" = regular season, Spurs are definitely contenders.

They're peaking one month before the real deal starts as usual.

irishock
04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Spurs haven't been healthy for years now

09= ginobili
10= parker
11= ginobili

they're going to go straight to the finals this year if healthy. OKC doesn't stand a chance against them.

blackfire12
04-08-2012, 02:25 PM

yeah if i was the 8th seed i'd be scared too

Ricky Davis
04-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Spurs haven't been healthy for years now

09= ginobili
10= parker
11= ginobili

they're going to go straight to the finals this year if healthy. OKC doesn't stand a chance against them.

Fucking stupid

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
OKC doesn't stand a chance against them.

You also said that about Memphis.

blackfire12
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
If "All" = regular season, Spurs are definitely contenders.

They're peaking one month before the real deal starts as usual.

except last year the spurs peaked before the ASG and slightly after then fell apart months, emphasis on the "s" there, before the finals.

then before that there wasn't even a real peak, just a shitty roller coaster ride that went month to month.

Jacob1983
04-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Can the Spurs win their first championship without having HCA in the Finals? That's the question that needs to be answered.

Robz4000
04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Can the Spurs win their first championship without having HCA in the Finals? That's the question that needs to be answered.
Way things are looking they will.

rasho8
04-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Looks like we just pulled even with the Bulls in the loss column for first place.

DMC
04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Pop did an interview with Greg Papa in California last year (I think) where he's very candid and he explains how the Spurs aren't as good defensively as they were in their glory-hole days, and goes on to say teams that rank higher in defense win championships. So if any Spurs fans think differently, they are on their own, because the team doesn't think they can win a ring without playing better defense. We are ranked pretty average in defense.

I don't know why people here pretend poor defense can be overcome by great offense in the post season. It cannot.

BlackSwordsMan
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Spurstalk where laker fans and spur fans can come together. :cry

DMC
04-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Spurstalk where laker fans and spur fans can come together. :cry
and bash the Spurs

TheSkeptic
04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Pop did an interview with Greg Papa in California last year (I think) where he's very candid and he explains how the Spurs aren't as good defensively as they were in their glory-hole days, and goes on to say teams that rank higher in defense win championships. So if any Spurs fans think differently, they are on their own, because the team doesn't think they can win a ring without playing better defense. We are ranked pretty average in defense.

I don't know why people here pretend poor defense can be overcome by great offense in the post season. It cannot.

I would agree with this although if they could somehow get their defense into the top 8 it'd give them a better chance.

Many of the teams in the West don't play particularly good defense though so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Spurs go pretty far this year though.

DMC
04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I would agree with this although if they could somehow get their defense into the top 8 it'd give them a better chance.

Many of the teams in the West don't play particularly good defense though so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Spurs go pretty far this year though.
The way it's figured, there's not enough games left to climb many spots, and I don't see the team redefining themselves on defense in the next 15 games.

TheSkeptic
04-08-2012, 04:23 PM
The way it's figured, there's not enough games left to climb many spots, and I don't see the team redefining themselves on defense in the next 15 games.

What a fan can't have pipe dreams? :D

I do feel like they could win it all if there were a few upsets in the East and good match-ups in the West. I just think that avoiding Memphis/LAL/Chicago/Miami/Boston/some other big, athletic, or defensively inclined team from start to finish is unrealistic.

While a good addition, I don't think Diaw's enough to put the frontcourt over the top either. But I do admire the optimism up there.

dunkman
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM
They will win the west probably, but I don't see them winning a series vs Miami, Chicago or even Boston tbh. The Spurs don't play much D this days.

NewcastleKEG
04-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Spurs have the POTENTIAL to defeat Thunder but all things must go right

TheSkeptic
04-08-2012, 04:32 PM

I don't know. They seem to match up pretty well with OKC it's teams like Mem/LAL/BOS/CHI that they probably won't beat. Especially if Blair keeps his starting spot and him & Bonner> Diaw & Splitter.

Banzai
04-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't bash the spurs..though on occasion I will trash talk them..I still respect them.

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM
My worry is the Spurs aren't top heavy enough to win a tough playoff series against the other contenders. Who is going to take over with a 30+ point game when assholes get tight? I don't think Manu and Duncan are capable of that anymore, and historically, Tony Parker has been very underwhelming when the Spurs needed him to step up (yeah, he has a Finals MVP, but he was a nightmare matchup against a Cavs team who really didn't have a legitimate point guard).

Pop should just go 10 deep and look to wear the other teams out. Go with a balanced attack and hope it overwhelms the opposition. If he shortens the rotation to 8, 2nd round exit at best.

Katherine Robinson
04-08-2012, 05:23 PM
A title this year from San Antonio will not be good news for the Robinson household. Dale would be thrown into depression and might very well ask me to order him a San Antonio mug to drink out of.

We had a discussion about Duncan's 6th possible title and it was very ominous, much like Hitler's final hours when the vodka drinking monkeys were messing up Berlin. Needless to say, Dale will beat me harder than in 2007 when he hit be repeatedly with a uses toilet plunger.

Well, I'll make the most out of my life. Because of this ELE business, Stale & I are going on another honeymoon. We will be going to Colorado to stay in the hotel room Kobe had surprise intercourse with that virtuous young lady. I will be dying my hair blond and Dale will put on his black face while brushing up on his jive.

I look forward to the days to come

Stalin
04-08-2012, 05:25 PM
A title this year from San Antonio will not be good news for the Robinson household. Dale would be thrown into depression and might very well ask me to order him a San Antonio mug to drink out of.

We had a discussion about Duncan's 6th possible title and it was very ominous, much like Hitler's final hours when the vodka drinking monkeys were messing up Berlin. Needless to say, Dale will beat me harder than in 2007 when he hit be repeatedly with a uses toilet plunger.

Well, I'll make the most out of my life. Because of this ELE business, Stale & I are going on another honeymoon. We will be going to Colorado to stay in the hotel room Kobe had surprise intercourse with that virtuous young lady. I will be dying my hair blond and Dale will put on his black face while brushing up on his jive.

I look forward to the days to come

hey, fuck you

otherwise, quality post, tbh

pass1st
04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
To be fair, bro, you guys did try to make monkey soldiers.

Muser
04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
If the Spurs can avoid Memphis and the Lakers then we can win the west.

Stalin
04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
To be fair, bro, you guys did try to make monkey soldiers.

Not sure what you mean, brah. Getting juiced on vodka, is a national past time and there never have been any blacks in my glorious Soviet armies, since I'm sure they'd just run away at the first shots fired, heard Kenya's African long distance runners are the best in the world, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2012, 05:41 PM
This Spurs team is going to be one of the most interesting teams of all-time IMO..

They could really go either way..there's a sharp contrast in the pros and cons of this team..

Critics can point out their inconsistent defense, their reliance on Blair and Bonner, the age of their big 3 and the lack of a true superstar..

OTOH, they have one of the deepest teams in recent history, they have an abundance of 3-point shooters, the best x's and o's coach, an experienced team, and they're playing in a relatively weak conference..

It's going to be an unpredictable finish, tbh..

mavs>spurs
04-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I noticed that the spurs were pretty solid and gave them props upstairs a while back..but winning it all is still somewhat of a stretch. They've got as good of a chance as about 4-6 other teams, meaning the odds are still low.

TheSkeptic
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
I noticed that the spurs were pretty solid and gave them props upstairs a while back..but winning it all is still somewhat of a stretch. They've got as good of a chance as about 4-6 other teams, meaning the odds are still low.

I hate to agree with you, but I do.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I maintain that if they can avoid the two bullies on the block then they can win the WC

mavs>spurs
04-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I maintain that if they can avoid the two bullies on the block then they can win the WC

Being?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Being?

The two teams they match up terribly with...Grizz and Lakers

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 05:54 PM
LA/Memphis

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Spurs can beat both of those teams, it's just that it would take (by all objective measures) mistake free ball and really hot shooting.

TheSkeptic
04-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Definite possibility, but then I really only see Miami or Chicago coming out of the East with Boston/Orlando as my darkhorses. Out of that entire list Orlando is the only one the Spurs definitely beat and Boston is the next closest. Unless something happens to the big rotation, and even that might not be enough, the championship is a long shot imo.

mavs>spurs
04-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I agree they can beat the thunder. too much experience and the thunder have nobody to punish them inside.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Spurs can beat both of those teams, it's just that it would take (by all objective measures) mistake free ball and really hot shooting.

Yup.

pass1st
04-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Not sure what you mean, brah. Getting juiced on vodka, is a national past time and there never have been any blacks in my glorious Soviet armies, since I'm sure they'd just run away at the first shots fired, heard Kenya's African long distance runners are the best in the world, tbh.

Nah, bro, I mean you guys literally had apes mate with village women to try and make monkey soldiers.

http://www.ufodigest.com/supersoldier.html

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Lakers "bully" status entirely depends on whether or not Gasol is menstruating. If it's his time of the month if they should play the Spurs, the Spurs aren't all that overmatched on the inside.

Muser
04-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Gasol and World Peace are the X factors for the Lakers against the Spurs. If Peace can play elite D on the Spurs perimeter players then it's over in 5.

Stalin
04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Nah, bro, I mean you guys literally had apes mate with village women to try and make monkey soldiers.

http://www.ufodigest.com/supersoldier.html

A riveting tale indeed, I'll make sure to add www.ufodigest.com (http://www.ufodigest.com), to my favorites.

Stalin
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure why st is overrating the grizz as much as they are this season. In last year's playoffs they pretty much caught lightning in a bottle. They peaked just before the post season, and went in to face SA while still hot. No Gay, gave more high percentage shots, to zbo and gasol. Spursfan had manu injury, and was relying on jumpers all season long, while still having dick play 30 minutes a game. Despite hot play from the grizz, it was still a close series.

This year, zbo coming of injury, not even starting. No Arthur, no battier, no young. Gay is chucking away, which will take away shots from inside, and lessen their rhythm. That was their greatest strenth getting most of their points inside against the shityness of bonner and blair. Spurs are great at controlling outside scores. Also this season's spurs team is much more built for the post season. They don't rely on making 3's as they did last year, they slash and try to get easy baskets inside, while still having tons of great outside shooters. Spurs peaking at the right time. Parker playing like mvp all season, the whole spurs team will be out for blood if they face the grizz again. Seriously, there are way to many dissadvantage stacked against the grizz this playoffs for them to pull of another stunner of last years magnitude. If anything, its the lakers fronline, if used properly, and thunder's youth and athletisism that have the best chance of taking spurfan down this asterisk season.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Spursfan had manu injury

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Why didn't Kobe play last night

mavs>spurs
04-08-2012, 06:40 PM

:lmao

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 06:42 PM

He was resting.

pass1st
04-08-2012, 06:44 PM
A riveting tale indeed, I'll make sure to add www.ufodigest.com (http://www.ufodigest.com), to my favorites.

They got some pretty legit stuff, bro

Could Jesus Christ Be One Of The FIrst Alien Hybrids, The Son Of An Extraterrestrial And An Earthly Woman? (http://www.ufodigest.com/article/could-jesus-christ-be-one-first-alien-hybrids-son-extraterrestrial-and-earthly-woman)

Stalin
04-08-2012, 06:52 PM
They got some pretty legit stuff, bro

nice find, you had me going for a bit there :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-08-2012, 07:09 PM

westbrook will kill the thunder again

Latarian Milton
04-08-2012, 07:34 PM
depth ain't meanin that much in the playoffs imho. you won't need to dig deep into your bench i think a 8-9 men rotation should be enough for playoff games if injury free

Stalin
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
depth ain't meanin that much in the playoffs imho. you won't need to dig deep into your bench i think a 8-9 men rotation should be enough for playoff games if injury free

worked for the suns couple of years ago playing 10 guys, they made wcf, think that was the year, jordan dragic was born :lol

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 07:49 PM
He was resting.

Kobe Bryant sat out the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night with an injured left shin, the first game he's missed this season.

Lakers longtime trainer Gary Vitti said just before tipoff he decided to put Bryant's left foot in a protective boot to rest the injury.

"It's very painful," Vitti said. "He's been playing with this and it's not getting any better. Really the only way to stop it is to shut him down. That's why I put him in a boot."

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Kobe Bryant sat out the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night with an injured left shin, the first game he's missed this season.

Lakers longtime trainer Gary Vitti said just before tipoff he decided to put Bryant's left foot in a protective boot to rest the injury.

"It's very painful," Vitti said. "He's been playing with this and it's not getting any better. Really the only way to stop it is to shut him down. That's why I put him in a boot."

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 07:50 PM
:lmao

Warlord23
04-08-2012, 07:50 PM
^Another example of Kobe quitting, up there with the series ending blowouts vs Phoenix, Boston and Dallas

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 07:51 PM
^Another example of Kobe quitting, up there with the series ending blowouts vs Phoenix, Boston and Dallas

Please.

Stalin
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
culburn doing an excellent job as kobe's Semen Shield, tbh

Spursfan092120
04-08-2012, 08:10 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pSobfg9W2vE/T3XFrzhN1YI/AAAAAAAAAE4/F7msDKYcySM/s640/Kobe+sees.png

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
culburn doing an excellent job as kobe's Semen Shield, tbh

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pSobfg9W2vE/T3XFrzhN1YI/AAAAAAAAAE4/F7msDKYcySM/s640/Kobe+sees.png

Beats taking it, eh?

tee, hee.

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Beats taking it, eh?

tee, hee.

Jazz are coming back! Uh oh. You just might be able to roll some barrels out tonight.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Jazz are coming back!

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 08:22 PM

They were. It was down to 8 with 2:30 left. But the Jazz failed to act like somebody for the next 3 possessions, ensuring victory for the Spurs.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
act like somebody

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

midnightpulp
04-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

11 in-a-row. How you feel about that?

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
11 in-a-row. How you feel about that?

DJB
04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
If the Spurs can avoid Memphis and the Lakers then we can win the west.

Gtfo, we will curb stomp any team in the west, IMHO.

BlackSwordsMan
04-08-2012, 09:18 PM
cubby with his asshole open and my stomach full of brisket now you tell me whos won

BoricuaCJA
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
What a pussy and asshole Guiseppe is being. Kobe sits out and he makes excuses. Only pussy and assholes make excuses as you would say.

O and his response, will be one of his parrot comebacks like: I'm a trend setter, I set trends, or :rolleyes or Please!, etc.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Only pussy and assholes

lmemulatedao!!!

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
cubby with his asshole open and my stomach full of brisket now you tell me whos won

Solly Cholly, you're on the list.

Let us proceed...

BoricuaCJA
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
lmemulatedao!!!
Told you guys he would.

Brazil
04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I have no idea if the spurs can win the WCF... This team is deeeeeepppp but depth in PO I don't know. Do we have 8-9 guys capable to win it all ?

phyzik
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Personally, I'll refrain from making any predictions until we actually get to the playoffs... We still have to play Lakers 3 more times and regardless of their record, on paper they match up well against the Spurs with their big front line.

BlackSwordsMan
04-08-2012, 09:40 PM
what list?

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 09:44 PM
what list?

The list of members laughing at my expense to the Katherine Robinson posts.

InTheCrust
04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
The list of members laughing at my expense to the Katherine Robinson posts.

Pretty extensive list.

And how'd ya like it when O & 43 snatched the life right out of ya 'Seppe, Kobe quitting and all?

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Pretty extensive list.

And how'd ya like it when O & 43 snatched the life right out of ya 'Seppe, Kobe quitting and all?

It's my cross to bear and I bear it in public. He quit and I do penance for it.

Let us proceed...

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Are you a real laker fan? If taking the life of anyone you loved would guarantee it eternally remains 5>4, would you give the ok?

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Are you a real laker fan? If taking the life of anyone you loved would guarantee it eternally remains 5>4, would you give the ok?

Of course not. But, I would give up my left pinky (surgically removed) if the Spurs & Suns were locked out of the LOB until I entered my house. After that, the ban woul be lifted. Nobody would know this except for me that way I could enjoy and everybody else would be SOL.

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Of course not. But, I would give up my left pinky (surgically removed) if the Spurs & Suns were locked out of the LOB until I entered my house. After that, the ban woul be lifted. Nobody would know this except for me that way I could enjoy and everybody else would be SOL.

Spare us the rest of the sh*t, I don't do justifications. That was all I needed to know and now I've got ya for good.

InTheCrust
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
It's my cross to bear and I bear it in public. He quit and I do penance for it.

Let us proceed...

Very well. Least you ain't deflecting now, and stuck around to take a multi-pronged attack froim all fronts in the wake of the Spurs 11 game win streak.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Very well. Least you ain't deflecting now, and stuck around to take a multi-pronged attack froim all fronts in the wake of the Spurs 11 game win streak.

I've never denied Kobe's quitting.

& I'm here every day, win or lose.

It's my religion.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Spare us the rest of the sh*t, I don't do justifications. That was all I needed to know and now I've got ya for good.

DPG21920
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
You have that, I have "5>5 is damn fine with me - Seppe"

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
You have that, I have "5>5 is damn fine with me - Seppe"

FlyHigh07
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
:lmao:

lefty