04-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Anthony Davis

Juggity
04-08-2012, 10:27 PM
http://www.nbauniverse.com/statistics/worst_seasons.htm

6th worst NBA team of all time, going by win percentage so far this season

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I expect someone will crash this thread talkin about quittin.

tee hee.

Giuseppe
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
tee hee.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
^ :lol

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Michael Jordan may not stick around as Charlotte Bobcats owner if he can't build a winning team (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/michael-jordan-stick-charlotte-bobcats-owner-t-build-a-winning-team-article-1.1053847#ixzz1qkBsa1fm)
Legendary player is proving to be less than stellar executive

Michael Jordan apparently has an exit strategy to leave the Bobcats, which will undoubtedly make Charlotte fans take to the streets for a mass celebration, provided His Airness keeps his word.

Nearing the end of another lost season as Bobcats owner, Jordan recently told his GM, Rich Cho, to start planning for a rebuilding campaign. He also dropped a bombshell, telling Cho and other deputies that if this one doesn’t produce a winner and he continues to lose millions over the next “three to four years,” then he intends to sell the team.

“I told Rich to make us better,” Jordan told one associate recently. “If that doesn’t work and I can’t make a profit in the next three to four years, then I’m selling.”

This is a change of plans for Jordan, who over almost the past year has been seeking a buyer to purchase half the team. The Bobcats lost $20 million last season and they’re headed for more big losses this season.

Jordan’s decision to give the assignment of rebuilding to Cho means that Rod Higgins, his long-time president of basketball operations who goes back to when he ran the Wizards, is on the outs. Jordan told Cho, the Thunder’s former assistant GM who arrived in Charlotte last June, to “follow the Oklahoma City model.”

Good luck with that, because there was some major luck involved in Oklahoma City’s ascension to the top of the Western Conference. The Thunder was most fortunate that Portland passed on Kevin Durant in the 2007 draft, instead opting to take Greg Oden with the top pick. The Blazers once passed on Jordan, and they might end up never living down their Oden pick.

Jordan had falsely advertised his team before the season as playoff-worthy. But at least he has come to the conclusion that he needs to blow it up and start over. His roster is comprised of backup-quality players.

Entering the weekend, the Bobcats had only seven wins, fewest in the NBA. They are on pace to finish with the second-worst point-differential per game since the NBA and ABA merged in 1976. They’ve been losing games by 13.1 ppg, with only the 1992-93 Mavs getting crushed by bigger margins (15.2 ppg). They’ve lost 15 games by 20 or more points.

Because Jordan has been such a failure as an owner — even drawing rare criticism recently from his best pal, Charles Barkley — there will be plenty of fans in Charlotte who hope this next rebuilding campaign is a flop. Just so that he sells and gets out of town.

100%duncan
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
:lmao maybe he can earn better if he just played for a team

Seventyniner
04-08-2012, 11:06 PM
So, the team loses $20M per season and Jordan thinks someone's going to buy it? He'd have to give a pretty big discount to get someone to accept those kinds of losses.

It really has to grate on Jordan's ego that his team hemorrhages money and can't even win 15% of its games.

pass1st
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
MJ should just play for Bobcats to raise its value and sell it like he did for the Wiz

Gmork
04-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Hit on the fallen, how easy it is,
But fair is fair, as lose we do.

But ponder my words, and think it through.
For it could be worse, who knows better than I do?

Why pay 30m for a fine lance, if still lose we would do?
Nay, I say save the money and endure the loss
It will end up the same, hope is gone.

NewcastleKEG
04-08-2012, 11:57 PM
For the record

Bobcats made the postseason 2 years ago & the team had a better W/L than 8 teams last year.

I don't think he's drafted very poorly, they just haven't drafted high enough to get difference makers

Reck
04-09-2012, 12:03 AM
The problem is that MJ is trying to make his team better all on his own. He needs good and knowledgeable people around him. Not just unkowns just waiting for their next paycheck.

pass1st
04-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Money is a resource, a commodity we have plenty of,
Cable deals and free agents consider us with love,
For when push comes to shove,
A title we strive for, 16 and above.

Thirty million might seem like quite a toll,
To a small market team with a poor troll,
Yet the team still is profitable, a pocket with out a hole,
While Charlotte can't even afford an egg roll.

DJ Mbenga
04-09-2012, 12:51 AM
they are tanking and the prize isnt that all amazing. its marcus camby and they already have biyombo. what good is your frontline if you have 2 poor man ibakas.

resistanze
04-19-2012, 08:26 AM
:lol 7-54
:lol Haven't won a game since thread was made
:lol 18 game losing streak
:lol .115 winning percentage
:lol last TWO wins against cRaptors
:lol MJ
:lol Hanes

Giuseppe
04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
& without Pippen he couldn't get off the snide.

100%duncan
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM

Shaq says "hi" to Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 08:34 AM
The problem is that MJ is trying to make his team better all on his own. He needs good and knowledgeable people around him. Not just unkowns just waiting for their next paycheck.

You don't know what in the fuck you're talking about. :toast

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Shaq says "hi" to Kobe.

Kobe 2
Snack 1

100%duncan
04-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Kobe 2
Snack 1

The "hi" still holds, no matter what you say.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
The "hi" still holds, no matter what you say.

Absolutely... I'd say HI too if my savior showed up and then I finally started to win rings.:lol

cobbler
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Maybe if the league was watered down with expansion he would have made better choices based on experience.

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
lol hobbler
lol Kobe will never be as good as Jordan

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM
lol hobbler

:lol @ Hakeem winning his titles while MJ was kicked out of the league for gambling.

Kobe 5
Hakeem *2

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
:lol swing and a miss

cobbler
04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
lol hobbler

Never ever said he was or would be. Im not obsessed with Kobe like all you. My post had nothing to do with him. I can make a comment about MJ without thinking or commenting about Kobe. Apparently you cannot but that is your problem and not mine.

I'm not all obsessed over MJ either. He did nothing while Magic, Larry, and Isiah where in their primes and only excelled when the league grew weaker due to expansion and Scotty arrived.

Neither will make it into my top 3.

Kobe is simply a great player helping to bring my team championships. The obsession with him is all yours and the many others who would have nothing to discuss if he wasn't around!

:toast

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm not obsessed with Kobe. You, however, hold resentments towards Jordan because he's got more championships than your favorite Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Never ever said he was or would be. Im not obsessed with Kobe like all you. My post had nothing to do with him. I can make a comment about MJ without thinking or commenting about Kobe. Apparently you cannot but that is your problem and not mine.

I'm not all obsessed over MJ either. He did nothing while Magic, Larry, and Isiah where in their primes and only excelled when the league grew weaker due to expansion and Scotty arrived.

Neither will make it into my top 3.

Kobe is simply a great player helping to bring my team championships. The obsession with him is all yours and the many others who would have nothing to discuss if he wasn't around!

:toast

:lmao @ you owning Woo Bum Cum.

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
:lmao can't stop talking about dick-related things

cobbler
04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm not obsessed with Kobe. You, however, hold resentments towards Jordan because he's got more championships than your favorite Lakers.

This is a thread about MJ. My comment was about MJ. You brought Kobe into the picture, not me.

True, MJ does have more than my favorite Lakers. But one Laker, and NOT even close to my favorite still has a chance to surpass him shortly and others may in time get the chance as well.

And I don't resent MJ at all. He too was a great great player. Just not the GOAT in my book as I don't blindly worship him like so many here do.

But again, this thread and my post had nothing to do with Kobe. Yours did!

Obsession!!!!! :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
:lmao can't stop talking about dick-related things

:lmao. @ you not knowing that women cum too... :lmao :lmao

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
One post about Kobe means I'm obsessed? Maybe your legs aren't the only things of yours that are crippled.

Will Hunting
04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
One post about Kobe means I'm obsessed? Maybe your legs aren't the only things of yours that are crippled.
:lmao

cobbler
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM

One post about Kobe where there was no need to even mention him simply shows your agenda.

And as for your latter comment, that simply shows your ignorance and immaturity.

Have a great day! :toast

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
:lol hobbler's M.O. is calling people obsessed about things on the spot, no matter how true or not his claims are.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 09:36 AM

:lmao @ you being obsessed with Kobe and then getting mad about it.
:lmao @ you knowing what cum is but not knowing that women cum
:lmao @ you likely being gay.

Bill_Brasky
Lol, one post poking fun at Kobe and cobbler is there right on cue with the faggot kobefan "you're obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!" bads.

CavsSuperFan
Never a good thing when the owner is the best athlete on the team…

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
:lmao @ you being obsessed with Kobe and then getting mad about it.
:lmao @ you knowing what cum is but not knowing that women cum
:lmao @ you likely being gay.

lol gay boy

One thing's for sure: You're obsessed with men and dicks.

Will Hunting
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
cobbler is also obsessed with the :toast emoticon because he thinks it makes him classy

Venti Quattro
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
They still have 5 games to reach 10 wins. But I'm not really counting on it. :lol

Woo Bum-kon
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
cobbler is also obsessed with the :toast emoticon because he thinks it makes him classy

Yep. He usually follows up his douchey comments with that stupid emoticon.

Will Hunting
04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
They still have 5 games to reach 10 wins. But I'm not really counting on it. :lol
If they lose the last 5, they end the season on a 23 game losing streak to truly honor Jordan

Venti Quattro
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
If these lose the last 5, they end the season on a 23 game losing streak to truly honor Jordan

:lmao :lmao :lmao

z0sa
04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
If they lose the last 5, they end the season on a 23 game losing streak to truly honor Jordan

:lol

ElNono
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Yep. He usually follows up his douchey comments with that stupid emoticon.

You're so immature :toast

And you have an agenda :toast

Watered down! :toast

Venti Quattro
04-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Polishing my 16 rings. :toast

ElNono
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Bill_Brasky
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM

z0sa
04-19-2012, 10:34 AM

maybe he was just talking about his 8 wheelchairs.

resistanze
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.nbauniverse.com/statistics/worst_seasons.htm

6th worst NBA team of all time, going by win percentage so far this season

Currently 2nd-worst all-time. They move into first if they lose the rest.

dbreiden83080
04-19-2012, 11:38 AM
It's funny with Jordan because he was a psycho competitor on the court but he is not working that hard in the FO, never has. With the Wizards they basically accused him of being lazy after he retired again and kicked him out. I saw an interview with him for the HOF where he said he doesn't like to watch that much because he basically sees all the flaws in everyone's games.. He is not really striving for greatness as an exec..

JamStone
04-19-2012, 12:01 PM
For the record

Bobcats made the postseason 2 years ago & the team had a better W/L than 8 teams last year.

I don't think he's drafted very poorly, they just haven't drafted high enough to get difference makers

Bobcats first round draft picks since Jordan became minority owner in 2006:

2006: Adam Morrison (3)
2007: Brandan Wright (8) traded to Golden State for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley (22)
2008: DJ Augustin (8)
2009: Gerald Henderson (12)
2010: N/A
2011: Bismack Biyombo (7), Kemba Walker (9)

I don't know your definitions of "drafted well" or "drafted poorly" but to me, Jordan has drafted poorly. There are enough first round and even lottery picks that he should have hit on at least a couple of them. But all of them seem to be back-up role players. That's not what you want from lottery picks. In fact, his best first round draft pick is probably Jared Dudley at 22 and he traded him to Phoenix in his second season for... Boris Diaw.

He's drafted poorly. And what's worse is that he often made the same mistake people have long criticized the Blazers for doing when they passed on Jordan in their draft, drafting for need over talent. He could have had players like Joakim Noah, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Brook Lopez, JaVale McGee, Roy Hibbert, Ty Lawson. But he passed on those players because he already had guys like Emeka Okafor/Tyson Chandler and Ray Felton/DJ Augustin and Gerald Wallace.

The tiny bit of success the Bobcats had a few years ago making the playoffs in a still horrible Eastern Conference was because he made trades for short term band-aid players like Stephen Jackson and Corey Maggette that were never longterm solutions to begin with. With no insight on the bigger picture, was it worth getting to the playoffs only to be swept out of the first round when the longterm outlook was never going to pan out?

Jordan rivals McHale and Isiah Thomas as an NBA executive. And I agree with the notion that he's probably lazy and disinterested in doing the requisite work as an executive. Seems more interested in playing golf, smoking cigars, and posing for pictures with his Latina trophy wife and Charles Oakley.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Jamstone, remember, you're arguing with someone who thinks the Pittsburgh Pirates haven't drafted high enough in the last decade :lmao

JamStone
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
touche. good point.

Killakobe81
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL the butthurt Jordan worshippers wtf does MJ being a shitty GM have to do with him as the GOAT or being better than Kobe? He has sucked with 2 franchises just like Isiah.

lefty
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
So you are from Minneapolis AND Los Angeles ?

JJ Hickson
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
So you are from Minneapolis AND Los Angeles ?

So you are from San Antonio AND Algeria AND Canada AND Madrid?

lefty
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
So you are from San Antonio AND Algeria AND Canada AND Madrid?
Actually yes

DMC
04-19-2012, 05:59 PM

Qualifying again? tsk tsk

Pelicans78
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
For the record

He's drafted poorly.

Felton, May, Morrison, Augustine, Walker, etc. Lots of misses.

Again, you barely watched Davis play. Much better prospect than Camby or even your Noah who's a very good center. Davis will be alot better offensively than people think and he will fill out. He's still 19.

Unlike your boy Rose, he got the job done when it counted.

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Bobcats first round draft picks since Jordan became minority owner in 2006:

2006: Adam Morrison (3)
2007: Brandan Wright (8) traded to Golden State for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley (22)
2008: DJ Augustin (8)
2009: Gerald Henderson (12)
2010: N/A
2011: Bismack Biyombo (7), Kemba Walker (9)

I don't know your definitions of "drafted well" or "drafted poorly" but to me, Jordan has drafted poorly. There are enough first round and even lottery picks that he should have hit on at least a couple of them. But all of them seem to be back-up role players. That's not what you want from lottery picks. In fact, his best first round draft pick is probably Jared Dudley at 22 and he traded him to Phoenix in his second season for... Boris Diaw.

He's drafted poorly. And what's worse is that he often made the same mistake people have long criticized the Blazers for doing when they passed on Jordan in their draft, drafting for need over talent. He could have had players like Joakim Noah, Wilson Chandler, Rudy Fernandez, Brook Lopez, JaVale McGee, Roy Hibbert, Ty Lawson. But he passed on those players because he already had guys like Emeka Okafor/Tyson Chandler and Ray Felton/DJ Augustin and Gerald Wallace.

The tiny bit of success the Bobcats had a few years ago making the playoffs in a still horrible Eastern Conference was because he made trades for short term band-aid players like Stephen Jackson and Corey Maggette that were never longterm solutions to begin with. With no insight on the bigger picture, was it worth getting to the playoffs only to be swept out of the first round when the longterm outlook was never going to pan out?

Jordan rivals McHale and Isiah Thomas as an NBA executive. And I agree with the notion that he's probably lazy and disinterested in doing the requisite work as an executive. Seems more interested in playing golf, smoking cigars, and posing for pictures with his Latina trophy wife and Charles Oakley.

people that post like you..usually lack all kinds of athleticism :lol

Reck
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
people that post like you..usually lack all kinds of athleticism :lol

:lol Too much info for Kool's brain to contain. :lmao

Koolaid_Man
04-19-2012, 06:57 PM
:lol Too much info for Kool's brain to contain. :lmao

fucking aye :lol

Dinamita
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM

:lol Obsessed

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Charlotte Bobcats: 7-47

The Bobcats have not won a game since Nono created this thread. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ElNono
04-24-2012, 12:05 AM
crofl major tank job

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 12:06 AM
2 losses away from 23. :lmao

dunkman
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
That one is not on MJ, he's the owner there, not an executive. What he did wrong was to pick his GM. From there I'm not sure what kind of input he gives his GM, the bball operations guy or the coach. Probably none. He should contract a pro recruiting firm, if he didn't already, to get top executive talent.

But after complete failure, it doesn't make much sense to give his GM another 3-4 years to return to profitability. I don't get his reasoning there.

baseline bum
04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
How can people talk about Jordan's drafts and not mention Kwame Brown? Or that he was in love with Darius Miles and Rodney White in his Washington days?

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 08:11 AM
How can people talk about Jordan's drafts and not mention Kwame Brown?

lol, and how he tore him to shreds. :lol

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Rudy Gay Tells a Player on the Charlotte Bobcats That He's Not Allowed to Talk Trash (http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/04/rudy-gay-tells-a-player-on-the-charlotte-bobcats-that-hes-not-allowed-to-talk-trash)

It's no secret that the Charlotte Bobcats are bad this season. Historically bad. So bad that they lost by 28 points last night…to the Wizards! In fact, after a recent game between the Bobcats and the visiting Memphis Grizzlies, Grizz guard Rudy Gay told the Charlotte Observer that he had to explain to Bobcats forward Bismack Biyombo that his team is so bad that he isn't even allowed to talk trash during games anymore.

"Biyombo told me, 'This is my house,'" Gay said after the Grizz beat the Bobcats 85-80 late last week. "I told him, 'You have seven wins. It's everybody's house.'"

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. This season just can't end quickly enough for the Bobcats, can it?

:lmao Bobcats

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao "You have seven wins. It's everybody's house."

ElNono
04-24-2012, 01:29 PM
lol Biyombo

baseline bum
04-24-2012, 01:45 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao "You have seven wins. It's everybody's house."

:rollin

resistanze
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM

ElNono
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Reck
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
What else can be said about this team and MJ as owner.

Inpeech the mofo.

resistanze
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Venti Quattro
04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Vr5A7.jpg

pass1st
04-26-2012, 11:58 PM
MJ might be the GOAT, but he's the worst owner ever

Venti Quattro
04-27-2012, 12:20 AM
If Pippen joins him as co-owner, will he finally win something?

Venti Quattro
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ra7x43.jpg

pass1st
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM

manufan10
05-07-2012, 01:04 PM

tesseractive
05-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Classic.

DMC
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Poor Paul Silas, getting paid millions to not to a fucking thing, you can see the shame in his face.