PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green or Gary Neal-Who will cost more in the offseason?

Truth4sale$
04-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Danny Green is starting, and averaging 8.7 pts.
I am sure opposing GM's have noticed. What is Danny Green's contract going to cost the spurs? He currently makes $884,293 according to hoopshype.com. Gary Neal is earning $788,872. Both will be do a raise, probably can't keep both-Who is worth more?

ChumpDumper
04-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Neal will not get a raise.

Guaranteed.

SpursFan0728
Gary Neal is already under contract for next year

2centsworth
Danny green has more upside.

Robz4000
Neal isn't a free agent this Summer, he's signed through next season. Green will cost a bit, but I think he'll accept a reasonable deal.

Kurik
04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I'd like to keep Green and Mills for the long term over Neal and Joseph.

crellis
04-09-2012, 12:45 AM
At this point in time I believe that Mills has a lot more upside that Joseph.

G-Dawgg
04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
You gotta keep both.

freetiago
04-09-2012, 01:35 AM
show them the money
spurs have never once had a free agent during duncans prime and championship and the morons here believe that well be signing max contract quality player with our cap space
d-green is perfect for the arron affalo type guy
gary neal should be the sixth man jason terry role

both worth the money
green has lots of upside and gary is cold blooded

Man In Black
04-09-2012, 01:42 AM
When SJax was given a chance to re-sign with the team in 2004, the Spurs offered 3 years 10 Million. When Tiago Splitter 1st came here, the Spurs offered him 3 years 10 Million. When Tim Duncan 1st got to San Antonio, his 1st contract was 3 years 10 Million.

I'd say the odds are good that either of those guys, will be offered LESS.

timvp
04-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Why do so many people mistakenly think Neal is a free agent this summer? Is it listed incorrectly somewhere?

SpursFan0728
04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Why do so many people mistakenly think Neal is a free agent this summer? Is it listed incorrectly somewhere?

It is listed incorrectly at Hoopshype NBA salaries section.

elemento
04-09-2012, 02:24 AM
The problem is that people usually trust hoopshype, but in terms of NBA they are not good. They have a lot of things wrong.

The best website imo is storytellerscontracts.com. They are very accurate !

FkLA
04-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Gary Neal signed a 3-yr deal dumbshits. My nigga Mel_13 backed me up on this when I was telling yall Neal wasnt a FA this summer.

TJastal
04-09-2012, 02:39 AM
show them the money
spurs have never once had a free agent during duncans prime and championship and the morons here believe that well be signing max contract quality player with our cap space
d-green is perfect for the arron affalo type guy
gary neal should be the sixth man jason terry role

both worth the money
green has lots of upside and gary is cold blooded

This.

Whoever said it had to be "one or the other"?

100%duncan
04-09-2012, 07:29 AM
The clutch one

TheTruth
04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Green shows balls in the playoffs and he'll get a nice pay raise.

lcroock
04-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Neal is 1-dimensional. Green brings several things to the table, although he is not great at any of them.
The reason the Spurs are so good right now is that they have guys who are not so 1-dimensional (other than Bonner). Over the last few seasons, we had way too many 1-dimensional players especially at the 3, like RJ, Finley, Bowen at the tail end of his career.

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
This.

Whoever said it had to be "one or the other"?

That was the premise of the OP, but that premise was based on bad information.

romad_20
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Hypothetical question, if the Spurs make a deep run (ie at least the WC Finals) do they stand pat with this roster as is? Is that even possible with the late season additions and if not who gets let go? I'm pretty sure Anderson is gone, but who else would be on their way out?

I'm guessing Timmy's contract will be the starting point and they work from there.

timvp
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Duncan, Diaw and Green are the only Free Agents the Spurs will have this offseason.
Mills will likely be a free agent. The worst he will do on the free agent market is a guaranteed minimum deal so it doesn't make much sense for him to pick up his player option.

Dr Cox
04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
:lobt:Spurs will re-sign Duncan and Green and will play the '12-13' season with the same team (pretty much) Then before the '13-'14 year they will try to make a splash in free agency.

Ditty
04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
If Spurs have a late postseason run, and Danny Green has a 2009 Trevor Ariza type of peformace (make good defensive plays, and hit 3's), I think he will command around the full MLE. At that point I think you let him walk, and resign Anderson for at least one more year to take his role. Don't want to screw up the 2013 offseason plan.

romad_20
04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Mills will likely be a free agent. The worst he will do on the free agent market is a guaranteed minimum deal so it doesn't make much sense for him to pick up his player option.

I already like him much more than Cory Joseph. The best pure backup PG the Spurs have had in a long time, maybe since Tony's been here. Maybe Tim will allow them some wiggle room with his contract.

I hope they resign Danny Green. It just seems like he fits in so well with the Spurs and he does have that Manu-esqe playing style where he can make some unbelievable plays on both ends of the court to make up for mistakes. He is looking way more consistent since that slump he had in the middle of the season.

Dex
04-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I already like him much more than Cory Joseph. The best pure backup PG the Spurs have had in a long time, maybe since Tony's been here. Maybe Tim will allow them some wiggle room with his contract.

I hope they resign Danny Green. It just seems like he fits in so well with the Spurs and he does have that Manu-esqe playing style where he can make some unbelievable plays on both ends of the court to make up for mistakes. He is looking way more consistent since that slump he had in the middle of the season.

Mills is far from a pure point guard. He's not that great of a passer and hasn't shown to have that much court vision. Heck, he may look to score even more than Tony does these days.

That being said, he's quick as a whip and hustles 100% of the time, and that can make him valuable as long as he keeps himself under control.

Kamnik
04-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Goran Dragič.

romad_20
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Mills is far from a pure point guard. He's not that great of a passer and hasn't shown to have that much court vision. Heck, he may look to score even more than Tony does these days.

That being said, he's quick as a whip and hustles 100% of the time, and that can make him valuable as long as he keeps himself under control.

Maybe, but I think he's better at getting the team in their sets than any other ones we've had and I don't think he's a horrible passer. I agree on his quickness.

I like that the team doesn't skip a beat in pushing the ball when he comes in for Tony, unlike years past where we had Jacques Vaugh (no offense) George (tentative on O a lot) and of course Beno (zero ability to handle full court pressure).