PDA

View Full Version : Two International players in the starting lineup

crellis
04-09-2012, 12:34 AM
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/crelliss/Starting.jpg

Has there ever been two players from the same country in the starting lineup form the same ball club? Off the top of my head I cannot remember any...

Kurik
04-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Has there ever been two players from the same country in the starting lineup form the same ball club? Off the top of my head I cannot remember any...

Quite a few American players have if I remember correctly. :)

There's always Ginobili and Oberto.

Spursfanfromafar
04-09-2012, 12:37 AM

I remember Juan Carlos Navarro and Pau Gasol starting for the Grizzlies sometime back...

ElNono
04-09-2012, 12:37 AM

Ginobili, Oberto

ElNono
04-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Calderon, Garbajosa IIRC

crellis
04-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Quite a few American players have if I remember correctly. :)

There's always Ginobili and Oberto.

Hahaha yeah there are a few American players getting about...

I forgot about Oberto.

Spursfanfromafar
04-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Hahaha yeah there are a few American players getting about...

I forgot about Oberto.

Also Stojakovic, Divac...

ElNono
04-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Udrih, Nesterovic

Dunno if they ever started though

crellis
04-09-2012, 12:49 AM
I remember Juan Carlos Navarro and Pau Gasol starting for the Grizzlies sometime back...

Also Stojakovic, Divac...

Excellent memory! I definately should have thought of the Kings with Stojakovic and Divac. However is memory serves me correctly both Kobe and Shaq are from the same country - Dickheadland...

Spursfanfromafar
04-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Excellent memory! I definately should have thought of the Kings with Stojakovic and Divac. However is memory serves me correctly both Kobe and Shaq are from the same country - Dickheadland...

:)

Actually about a couple of weeks ago, Rodrigue Beaubois and Mahinmi also started for the Mavs .. two Frenchmen :) against the Spurs who had Parker and Diaw playing for them.

crellis
04-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Ah there you go... Good find! Doubt that there has every been 4 foreign players from the same country on the court at the same time before!

freetiago
04-09-2012, 01:37 AM
gonna print that picture out and frame it above my bed
ill be dreaming of it happening everyday il the playoffs

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Off the top of my head...(not strictly starters)

Stojakovic-Divac
Shawn Bradley-Nowitzki
Ben Gordon-Luol Deng
Udrih-Nesterovic
Ginobili-Oberto
Ilgauskas-Andriuškevičius
Calderon-Garbajosa
Navarro-Gasol
Sergio Rodriguez-Rudy Fernandez
Bargnani-Belinelli
Beaubois-Mahimini

I'm not sure if Antoine Rigaudeau and Tariq Abdul-Wahad shared court time playing for Dallas back in '03. Or if Alexis Ajinça shared court time with Beubois and Mahimini last year. Not sure also if Okur and Kanter shared time on playing for the Jazz.

And surely there must be some Serbians who did share time.

will_spurs
04-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Didn't Ajinca and Diaw play together in Charlotte too? Not sure Ajinca ever started though.

And of course everybody forgot Manu and Scola starting together for the Spurs. Oh wait...

ploto
04-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Not sure if you can count Peja and Vlade-- they were technically born in the same country, but by the time they played in the NBA it was 2 different countries.

Then again, Tony was not born in France, so do he and Diaw even count?

boutons_deux
04-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Belgium isn't as "international/foreign" as France?

ploto
04-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Belgium isn't as "international/foreign" as France?

FlAVaK
04-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Sergei Monia and Viktor Khryapa (both from Russia) played for the Blazers in 05-06, but never started together...

Spursfanfromafar
04-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Not sure if you can count Peja and Vlade-- they were technically born in the same country, but by the time they played in the NBA it was 2 different countries.

Then again, Tony was not born in France, so do he and Diaw even count?

What?

Tony and Diaw represent France.

Vlade and Peja both represented Serbia.