PDA

View Full Version : Justin Blackmon or Michael Floyd?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-09-2012, 09:13 AM
The consensus opinion around NFL circles is that Blackmon is an Anquan Boldin type while Floyd is akin to Larry Fitzgerald. I'm not saying I'm buying that, but which receiver has more upside? Floyd has great talent, but his stock hads skyrocketed with the overvalued pro-days.

Personally, I'd still prefer Blackmon just on sheer physical tools that hardly any other current receiver possesses (except for Megatron, who shits on everybody).

That being said, I'd still want Blackmon to go early because if Floyd is the first WR off the board then teams will scramble to trade up and the Bills will likely miss out on a top 2 receiver.

Trill Clinton
04-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Blackmon

Goran Dragic
04-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Idk what you were asking in the poll but you mentioned more upside so I want with that and picked Floyd. Neither one has breakaway speed and Blackmon is more of a sure thing with his work ethic and lack of attitude problems while Floyd is a walking DUI, but Floyd is bigger, more physical and has better hands. He also had jack shit at QB the last two years at Notre Dame. I'd take Blackmon over Floyd but Floyd has more potential.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Floyd and Stevie on the outside:jack

dets a whollllle lotta negro, but as the Giants proved (and Patriots indirectly proved) you need bad-ass brothas at WR

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Idk what you were asking in the poll but you mentioned more upside so I want with that and picked Floyd. Neither one has breakaway speed and Blackmon is more of a sure thing with his work ethic and lack of attitude problems while Floyd is a walking DUI, but Floyd is bigger, more physical and has better hands. He also had jack shit at QB the last two years at Notre Dame. I'd take Blackmon over Floyd but Floyd has more potential.

I meant more upside...too lazy to type it out in the poll too

sa_butta
04-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I think these are two different WRs. I think Blackmon will succeed in the slot while Floyd will be more of a deep threat. I like Floyd's leaping ability. Both should have very good upside in their respected positions, but if you are asking who will be the better WR. Hard to say ask me again when they get drafted. Depending on who is throwing them the ball could make or break them. But if I had to pick I give Floyd the slight edge.

ginobili's bald spot
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Blackmon is a beast. I think calling him Anquan Boldin is slightly underrating him.

RaZon
04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Not even close/debatable...Justin Blackmon in a rout.

Spurtacus
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Blackmon but still not convinced he is.worth a top 10 pick

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Blackmon but still not convinced he is.worth a top 10 pick

What 10 players would you say are better than him?

I have only Luck and Kalil as clearly better picks.

Kai
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Neither are elite. Blackmon is better though.

Spurtacus
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
What 10 players would you say are better than him?

I have only Luck and Kalil as clearly better picks.

Luck
RG3
Richardson
Kalil
Claiborne
Reiff
Decastro
Ingram
Kuechly
Barron

I feel these players provide better value with a top 10 pick. The Rams really need a WR so they will draft Blackmon. Need outweighs value.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Luck
RG3
Richardson
Kalil
Claiborne
Reiff
Decastro
Ingram
Kuechly
Barron

I feel these players provide better value with a top 10 pick. The Rams really need a WR so they will draft Blackmon. Need outweighs value.

RG3-LOL
Richardson-good, but having a great rb means jackshit in today's NFL.
Kalil-yes
Claiborne-normally I don't care for Wonderlic tests, but he scored lower than a chimpanzee...that's kind of a red flag i would think
Reiff-HELL NO...half the boards have Buffalo taking him, and I'll puke if they do. He's the 3rd best OT in this draft (imo) and the gap between 1 and 2-3 is FUCKING WIDE. It's Kalil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Martin>Reiff.
DeCastro-maybe, but drafting an interior lineman in the Top 10 (especially a guard), is unnecessary.
Kuechly-The next Paul Pozluszny...look at me rack up tackles once the RB/WR is already 8 yds downfield!
Ingram-Who knows, but most have Coples rated higher than him. Besides, last year was the year of the D-Lineman in the first round.
Barron-For a team like New England, he'd be perfect...but he's not a Top 10 pick...mid-to-late first rounder.

Blackmon and Floyd improve your team instantly--and since the game and its rules have evolved to a more pass-friendly offensive game, getting playmakers at those positions is paramount.