PDA

View Full Version : Do the Spurs have another gear?

xellos88330
04-09-2012, 10:56 AM
There has always been talk about teams having that "extra gear" that they use during the playoffs. Do you think that these Spurs have it, and what kind of play do you expect to claim it is that extra gear?

I personally have seen flashes of a possibility this season, but not consistently enough to really make me confident that the Spurs have a playoff mode. I also believe with the combination of rest and the high amount of gametime experience the bench is getting, the Spurs if they have that gear will be a sight to see. The Spurs at times can display an intensity level that is light years ahead of what I saw last year. It shows on both ends of the court.

What are your thoughts?

The_Worlds_finest
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
The playoff gear will be the rest and 2nd unit team match ups. Which no team in the nba will be able to adjust to.

bklynspursfan
04-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Things I can see them doing a little better to get into that next gear:

1. Being more aggressive on defense, mainly in p&r situations
2. Not turning the ball over. We've been pretty sloppy with it lately
3. Continuing to display great ball movement, and not forcing shots

sa_butta
04-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Things I can see them doing a little better to get into that next gear:

1. Being more aggressive on defense, mainly in p&r situations
2. Not turning the ball over. We've been pretty sloppy with it lately
3. Continuing to display great ball movement, and not forcing shots

I think at times they become too comfortable and let off the gas a bit when they have a nice lead. I think that really has to change down the stretch and into the playoffs. A 15 point lead can be brought down very quickly in a playoff atmosphere. I think they will tighten down on defense and hopefully be a little more careful with the ball. Better to start doing those things now so they are already there come playoffs.

DBMethos
04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
More minutes for the Big 3=automatic next gear

Horse
04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I think at times they become too comfortable and let off the gas a bit when they have a nice lead. I think that really has to change down the stretch and into the playoffs. A 15 point lead can be brought down very quickly in a playoff atmosphere. I think they will tighten down on defense and hopefully be a little more careful with the ball. Better to start doing those things now so they are already there come playoffs.
That's for damn sure it's like they quickly realize a team can't play with them and they fuck off for awhile, that can be dangerous like it was against boston, but lately they've been able to just put it away when they want to.

TimmehC
04-09-2012, 12:33 PM
More minutes for the Big 3=automatic next gear