PDA

View Full Version : Cheap way to watch all the Spurs games?

arakkus
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Just a quick question to all of you knowledgeable Spurs fans. I pay Time Warner a bunch of money for cable and realize that I rarely watch it except for Spurs games. Is there any cheaper service out there you guys use to watch all the games? Any help you could offer would be great love to dump there cable service (though will probably keep the internet part).

ElNono
04-09-2012, 02:14 PM
https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/

arakkus
04-09-2012, 02:26 PM
thanks that is actually not to bad but um....playoffs?

vander
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
as soon as NBA broadband offers a one team package I'll buy it, I don't give a shit about the rest of the NBA, and I'm not watching or paying for anything other than Spurs

Slomo
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
as soon as NBA broadband offers a one team package I'll buy it, I don't give a shit about the rest of the NBA, and I'm not watching or paying for anything other than Spurs

League Pass international broadband is offering a a one team package.

Splits
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
League Pass blocks out games in your local area, so that isn't an option if you're in SA. My brother is in the same conundrum, refuses to pay for cable because he doesn't watch any of it and can't use league pass because they blackout the Spurs games. So he is forced to watch it illegally over the net.

pgardn
04-09-2012, 06:42 PM
If you give me a message, I will get back to you.

Europeans like basketball.

ffadicted
04-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Ahh, of course we'd have
the typical
douche who would ask for
help with stealing from
enormous corporations

Splits
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Ahh, of course we'd have
the typical
douche who would ask for
help with stealing from
enormous corporations

liars
should not recommend crappy
help to see the team
u love so much. Instead
nice posters
tell it like it is to help
everyone with their
ripping decisions
too bad the NBA is so stupid and puts people in this
very untenable position

pgardn
04-09-2012, 06:57 PM
hints abound...

TampaDude
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
:toast

byrontx
04-09-2012, 07:02 PM
League Pass blocks out games in your local area, so that isn't an option if you're in SA. My brother is in the same conundrum, refuses to pay for cable because he doesn't watch any of it and can't use league pass because they blackout the Spurs games. So he is forced to watch it illegally over the net.

Same for me. Its a shame, I miss the Spurs but no way am I paying $100 a month to catch a few games.

crc21209
04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
:lol Nice hints...:tu

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Same for me. Its a shame, I miss the Spurs but no way am I paying $100 a month to catch a few games.

A month? I think it's $100 for the year...

Reck
04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Last time I checked they charge you 200 bucks for an entire year.

Arc
04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
league pass isn't perfect yet unfortunately. it blocks out local games like someone mentioned, and you can't pick which feed you want to watch (home or away). i hate when i have to listen to the other team's idiot announcers. "OH, DUNCAN CLEARLY FOULED HIM! CLEARLY!"

if their team doesn't score a bucket every single time it's most definitely a foul the refs missed. it's hard to watch sometimes.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Last time I checked they charge you 200 bucks for an entire year.

Thanks. In any case it's still cheaper than $100/month.

Reck
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks. In any case it's still cheaper than $100/month.

Yeah no doubt.

At 100 bucks a month, he's getting ripped off.

Splits
04-09-2012, 07:15 PM
$100/month is probably referring to cable service, not league pass. I pay for league pass because I don't live in SA and have no problem paying $169/year. However it still doesn't cover the playoffs, so you have to either pay for local cable coverage or rip it off the net.

The point here is that there is a large and growing audience who want to watch their local team but don't want to pay for 500 cable channels they never watch. And the NBA provides no option for these folks, forcing them underground.

spurs1990
04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I bought the 5 team broadband three games ago for $59.

I gotta tell you its a real treat to watch the games on basically HD quality on your laptop, with the ability to pause and rewind instantly. I can never go back to those 'other' sites due to the vid quality.

Secondarily you have access to every Spurs game this season to go back and watch.

Its true the other 4 teams are a waste, but I end up watching the Lakers, or Blunder just to see them lose. Will definitely be getting this next year...assuming the Spur are good:p:

Only negative is not getting to hear Sean Elliott and Bill Land call the games. Though hearing the visiting announcers wax poetically on the Spurs is pretty neat.

TwelveGs210
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Ahh, of course we'd have
the typical
douche who would ask for
help with stealing from
enormous corporations

*cough* domain seized by FBI *cough*

CubanMustGo
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Get adopted by Peter Holt.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 07:49 PM
$100/month is probably referring to cable service, not league pass. I pay for league pass because I don't live in SA and have no problem paying $169/year. However it still doesn't cover the playoffs, so you have to either pay for local cable coverage or rip it off the net.

The point here is that there is a large and growing audience who want to watch their local team but don't want to pay for 500 cable channels they never watch. And the NBA provides no option for these folks, forcing them underground.

I agree with you completely. I think that what's going on here is that they're trying to limit people's options by forcing them to watch games through specific avenues. Since a captive audience is one that can be stretched a little bit and all.

Completely understand why people would be using illegal streams to watch games. I used to as well before I got used to the quality on League Pass.

DMC
04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Good guys don't
offer pirated shit to others.

Friends will instead
use legitimate services and pay the
charge for those services. Wake up,you're not in
Kansas anymore.

Yet I digress, because some people
over do it. They don't
understand that not everyone
rakes in the money
so they pontificate
every chance these
lowlifes get.
Fucking silly if you ask me.

spursince#99
04-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Good guys don't
offer pirated shit to others.

Friends will instead
use legitimate services and pay the
charge for those services. Wake up,you're not in
Kansas anymore.

Yet I digress, because some people
over do it. They don't
understand that not everyone
rakes in the money
so they pontificate
every chance these
lowlifes get.
Fucking silly if you ask me.

BITCH shut up

Spurminator
04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Sell your home and your car. Get an affordable sleeping bag and pack a few clothes. Find a hidden spot in a decent part of town where you can sleep at night, but make sure a sports bar is nearby. Go to the sports bar whenever a Spurs game is on. Drink water.

lefty
04-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Finally
I have realised
Raptors really
Suck ass
Terrible team
Really soft Euro roster
Oh Canada
Winning isn't in your genes
Sucking, except in hockey and curling
Perhaps
One day, you will
Realise, just as I have
That all you have is
Steve Nash
End.
Uagadugu (?)

Keepin' it real
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Look for game clips on YouTube, even if they are weeks/months/years later. Otherwise, pay like the rest of us do.

Or you can often find nosebleed tickets at the AT&T Center on stubhub for a couple of bucks, so you can enjoy half the season in person for less than the price of two months of cable.

TwelveGs210
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Look for game clips on YouTube, even if they are weeks/months/years later. Otherwise, pay like the rest of us do.

Or you can often find nosebleed tickets at the AT&T Center on stubhub for a couple of bucks, so you can enjoy half the season in person for less than the price of two months of cable.

Hey dumski..

He said he wants to pay like the rest of us, he just wants a cheap option.

Kyl3
04-09-2012, 08:29 PM
http://nbaliveonline.com/streaming/
How I watch all my games.

Kyl3
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
And the playoffs are all on TNT if I'm not mistaken. That's just basic cable.

pgardn
04-09-2012, 08:44 PM

ahh they are sneaky critters though...

Change Humorous Address Now Forget Everything Else Dimwit

Tis on right now and it is timed perfectly with my ATT cable. Announcers are different but good.

ffadicted
04-09-2012, 08:57 PM

dawt eeeee youuuuuuuu

TwelveGs210
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
ahh they are sneaky critters though...

Change Humorous Address Now Forget Everything Else Dimwit

Tis on right now and it is timed perfectly with my ATT cable. Announcers are different but good.

Thats a wonderful New addition I'll
Have to bookmark that one
And use it for those must have situations where I
Need to watch tv at work when I should be busy but instead I wish to
Kill time and bullshit after I come back from my car
Stoned on a slow Saturday

pgardn
04-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Thats a wonderful New addition I'll
Have to bookmark that one
And use it for those must have situations where I
Need to watch tv at work when I should be busy but instead I wish to
Kill time and bullshit after I come back from my car
Stoned on a slow Saturday

Ive bookmarked a couple mentioned on here as well. I will try them if the all favs get kicked off. I found the basketball by accident looking through soccer sites. If you find some big sites write those addresses they list, the offshoots. When the big guys go down, the small ones often keep up by themselves. And the smaller ones dont lag as much as the bigger sites watched by a lot of people.

I love the English announcers for soccer.

lefty
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Ive bookmarked a couple mentioned on here as well. I will try them if the all favs get kicked off. I found the basketball by accident looking through soccer sites. If you find some big sites write those addresses they list, the offshoots. When the big guys go down, the small ones often keep up by themselves. And the smaller ones dont lag as much as the bigger sites watched by a lot of people.

I love the English announcers for soccer.
The one I posted is pretty badass

pgardn
04-09-2012, 09:27 PM
The one I posted is pretty badass

I got it and will check it out.

Thanks.

lefty
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I got it and will check it out.

Thanks.
ure welcome :tu