PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal F.C. Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

lefty
10-20-2012, 02:28 PM
STFU or we will ask the Customs to confiscate your turbomb and camel.

It's ok Venti

After all, Aresenal is only your backup team

Tomorrow, your main team will win

symple19
10-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Just watched it.... smfh

abysmal

velik_m
10-24-2012, 11:42 PM
:depressed

resistanze
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
I haven't even fucked with Arsenal this whole week. Didn't watch either games.

symple19
10-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I thought about leaving early yesterday to watch....glad I didn't

Venti Quattro
10-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I haven't even fucked with Arsenal this whole week. Didn't watch either games.

No worries, they fucked themselves over anyway.

lefty
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
:lol wenger

:lol lanky frog

resistanze
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
No worries, they fucked themselves over anyway.

Arsen:loll

quentin_compson
10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
This madness with Gervinho as CF/ST has to stop. He just doesn't have the instincts or finishing abilities for that position. It's neither helping him nor the team to play him there. Actually, it's a bit like hoping Bonner will hit threes in the postseason - just not going to work.
Also, relying only on Cazorla to produce good attacking movements is a recipe for disaster. If opposing teams crowd him or double him consistently, there is no one to step up and provide a bit of creativity going forward right now. And there is no van Persie any longer to pull goals out of his hat. Podolski, Gervinho, and Giroud aren't really able to create their own goals, they need to be fed.
Being outplayed like that at home by Schalke is just depressing - Schalke are a good side, but they are hardly world-beaters. The Norwich game was basically the same against a lesser opponent, and even against West Ham, Arsenal looked poor for most of the game.
But the squad is just paper-thin deep at the moment. There is no second striker, the back-ups for the wing-backs are either mediocre or suspect, and the departure of Song has left a hole as far as a physically strong presence in defensive midfield is concerned - and we all know Diaby is probably out for the season again.

symple19
10-25-2012, 11:55 PM
This madness with Gervinho as CF/ST has to stop. He just doesn't have the instincts or finishing abilities for that position. It's neither helping him nor the team to play him there. Actually, it's a bit like hoping Bonner will hit threes in the postseason - just not going to work.
Also, relying only on Cazorla to produce good attacking movements is a recipe for disaster. If opposing teams crowd him or double him consistently, there is no one to step up and provide a bit of creativity going forward right now. And there is no van Persie any longer to pull goals out of his hat. Podolski, Gervinho, and Giroud aren't really able to create their own goals, they need to be fed.
Being outplayed like that at home by Schalke is just depressing - Schalke are a good side, but they are hardly world-beaters. The Norwich game was basically the same against a lesser opponent, and even against West Ham, Arsenal looked poor for most of the game.
But the squad is just paper-thin deep at the moment. There is no second striker, the back-ups for the wing-backs are either mediocre or suspect, and the departure of Song has left a hole as far as a physically strong presence in defensive midfield is concerned - and we all know Diaby is probably out for the season again.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/bootroom/id/45?cc=5901

symple19
10-25-2012, 11:57 PM
It's certainly not a lack of effort that is holding Gervinho back. He's obviously doing his best. Indeed, getting angry with him is like getting angry with a puppy who dutifully brings you your newspaper but then grins and urinates all over the rug while you're saying thank you. Ultimately, it's your fault for not training him better.

symple19
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
:lmao

NASpurs
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
That's about as emasculating as you can get. :lol Why do I feel there's a lot of those types of players at Arsenal? Mertesacker seems like another one.

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2012, 12:07 AM
wankers paradise bump

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:07 AM
:lmao Arsene with the gooooods

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Lol Arsene is a fucking hypocrite

Overrated coach :lol

Riding Henry and Bergkamp's cocktails :lol

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:10 AM
:lol says the guy wearing a turban and riding the Scumwagon

symple19
10-26-2012, 12:11 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still hold out hope that Gervinho can be a solid, long term Gunner. But it's absolutely true that he has several colossal, head scratching gaffes in every game.

Totally fair to question his mental lapses, but I agree with QC that he should be back on the wing where he belongs... Problem is, who the hell else is going to provide more consistency at CF? Right now, nobody, imo. That's why the next transfer window will prove to be crucial.

Find a fucking striker, Arsene! For fucks sake...

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:12 AM
:lol says the guy wearing a turban and riding the Scumwagon
Fuck u its an Armani turban

And ive always liked chewing gums

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Gervinho will always have that one moment in a game wherein Arsenal fans will question if he belongs in the EPL. I think he's already immune to it, and it will be very very hard to correct.

symple19
10-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Fuck u its an Armani turban

:lol douchebag terrorist.

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:17 AM
:lol douchebag terrorist.
:lol fat ugly redhead

symple19
10-26-2012, 12:20 AM
:lol fat ugly redhead

btw, your jinx of the Tigers seems to be working :lol

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:20 AM
:lol Arsene
:lol lanky frog

:lol cant win without superstars
:lol pretends he doesnt buy expensive superstars like other clubs do
:lol but thats because they had to pay for Emirates Stadium
:lol hypocrite

:lol oh and your stadium is named after Turbans :lmao

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:21 AM
btw, your jinx of the Tigers seems to be working :lol
Dammit dont jinx my jinxing :madrun

NASpurs
10-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Just put that faggot Chamakh at CF and let's see what he can do. He can't be worse than what he have right now... nvm he probably can.

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Chamakh wouldn't be a bad as Giroud...oh wait he is :lmao :lmao :lmao

NASpurs
10-26-2012, 12:27 AM
:lmao playing wingers at striker positions to try and get lucky while saving a few bucks :lmao

Fucking Wenger. I better see Llorente here next transfer window or someone that isn't a fucking prospect or I'm cooking that frog's ass.

symple19
10-26-2012, 12:27 AM
That greasy fuck would be a lot worse. Every time I see Chamakh I hope somebody sets his hair on fire so I can watch him running around and screaming while his greasy fucking head melts away

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:29 AM
That greasy fuck would be a lot worse. Every time I see Chamakh I hope somebody sets his hair on fire so I can watch him running around and screaming while his greasy fucking head melts away

Fucker probably gets hairstyling tips from Cristiano.

lefty
Shit if Arsenal gets a real striker, daaaaaamn

And I have to admit, I like that Cazorla dude

Venti Quattro
We're better off without RVP! LOL JK :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:31 AM
RVP :cry

NASpurs
10-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I think Arsenal has a better "team" than they did last year but RVP and Song saved our asses a lot of times to inflate that record than what it should have truly been. But yeah, the boat is sinking at the moment and I can't wait until December comes around and Arsenal is in the lower part of the middle of the table to see if they get desperate and spend some dough. There's too many good teams to fuck around this year. Not that many great teams but a lot of good teams.

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:35 AM
If Arsene and Gazidis don't act quickly, then the one thing that fkn Arsenal wankers have been holding on for years would also be gone.

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
May I offer your some Wrigley gums?

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:39 AM
May I offer your some Wrigley gums?

Chew det shit and put it on your head so your turban won't be lost.

symple19
10-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Well, Gazidis said yet again at the AGM that Arsenal, "Will be competitive with the top clubs financially in the next two years". Been hearing that tired fucking line for too long. The goddamn club takes in 250m pounds a year. Buy some goddamn talent, fuckers. Need depth, too, so mofos don't get worn down, as I suspect Cazorla and Arteta are right now

Venti Quattro
10-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Arsenal really have high hopes for the FFP. If nothing happens anyway and the status quo remains, the club is gonna be fucked way worse.

lefty
10-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Chew det shit and put it on your head so your turban won't be lost.
Come on, just take the gum

it's free

I know Arsene would take it

NASpurs
10-26-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gunners-link-to-25m-kit-deal-8228834.html

Arsenal’s healthy bank balance can expect another boost in two years with the club closing in on a new kit deal with Adidas worth as much as £25m a season.

The current deal with Nike – worth £13m a year – ends after next season. Arsenal’s shirts have been made by Nike since the mid-90s and more than 800,000 replica shirts are sold each year.

At an occasionally fractious AGM on Thursday supporters expressed disquiet at manager Arsène Wenger for putting finances above trophies but this deal would boost Arsenal’s revenue to £300m by 2014-15, putting the club among the world’s top-five earners.

:lmao all that money and won't even sign a fucking striker

quentin_compson
10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
No worries, I bet Wenger is already scouting some mediocre strikers from the French league.

Brazil
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
No worries, I bet Wenger is already scouting some mediocre strikers from the French league.

maybe the future Thierry Henry is there right now

quentin_compson
10-27-2012, 03:57 AM
maybe the future Thierry Henry is there right now

Yeah, maybe. There are also a lot of future Chamakhs there as well, I guess.

Venti Quattro
10-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Arsenal vs United next week. FUCK UNITED!

lefty
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Arsenal vs United next week. FUCK UNITED!
I already have an excuse : we lost to Arsenal because we had to use a lot of energy vs Chelsea the week before

Venti Quattro
10-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I already have an excuse : we lost to Arsenal because we had to use a lot of energy vs Chelsea the week before

Fuck you and fuck United! :lol

lefty
10-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Your boy Van Persie was great today!

You guys must be really happy for him, even though you were Chelsea fans today

By the way have you found a striker yet ?

http://e0.365dm.com/12/10/660x350/Robin-VanPersie_2852312.jpg

velik_m
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gunners-link-to-25m-kit-deal-8228834.html

Arsenal’s healthy bank balance can expect another boost in two years with the club closing in on a new kit deal with Adidas worth as much as £25m a season.

The current deal with Nike – worth £13m a year – ends after next season. Arsenal’s shirts have been made by Nike since the mid-90s and more than 800,000 replica shirts are sold each year.

At an occasionally fractious AGM on Thursday supporters expressed disquiet at manager Arsène Wenger for putting finances above trophies but this deal would boost Arsenal’s revenue to £300m by 2014-15, putting the club among the world’s top-five earners.

:lmao all that money and won't even sign a fucking striker

Hopefully they spend some of that money on doctors... and maybe keeping the good players in the club, that would be nice too...

symple19
10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Omfg arsenal... 5-5 with Reading

symple19
10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Team is a mess. Lucky to escape

NASpurs
10-30-2012, 05:41 PM
:lol man, no way! I tuned in around the 20 minute mark and Arsenal was already losing 3-0 and I said fuck this. Then to find out they were losing as much as 4-0 to come back and win 5-7, wtf!

NASpurs
10-30-2012, 05:44 PM
http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthread.php?182521-FUTBOL-League-Cup-Reading-vs-Arsenal-30-10-2012

There's the game for whoever missed it. Gotta watch what insane shit just happened

quentin_compson
10-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Craziest.Game.Ever.

symple19
10-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Was tracking the score from my cell... will watch when i get home. How do they even let Reading score that much???

Venti Quattro
10-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Gervinho's out for four weeks. Could be the best thing to happen to Arsenal.

velik_m
10-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Crazy, crazy game... i mean 4 goals in extra time on top of 8 goals in regular time :wow

NASpurs
10-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Wow, holy shit, that's one of the best games I've ever seen! I'm kicking myself for bailing out 20 minutes in and it loses its luster knowing beforehand that Arsenal won, but watching the mayhem that ensued after the half is something to behold.

It's funny knowing that Arsenal was going to tie the game 4-4 before the extra period but just waiting for Walcott's tying goal knowing that time was going to run out was excruciating. I can only imagine how the supporters felt watching it live. Man what a crazy game!!

Walcott with a hattick and three assists (wtf, never seen that before), the greasy Morroccon with two goals, and Giroud with the beautiful header. Koscielny giveth, Koscielny taketh away has been his mantra this year apparently. Played like trash before the half and was great afterwards.

NASpurs
10-31-2012, 04:15 AM
Gervinho's out for four weeks. Could be the best thing to happen to Arsenal.

With Walcott, Giroud and Chamakh all playing long extended minutes against Reading (well Giroud to a lesser extent), I wonder who Wenger is going to have at striker against United. Well, the minutes they played probably don't matter for such a big game as this one because if you seriously can't get up for this game, then you need to sit your ass down but still, I wonder who's going to be upfront.

symple19
10-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Crazy game, but there is simply no excuse for letting Reading score that much, or, having to score goddamn 7 goals to win the game

I take nothing but negatives out of this. They're gonna get slaughtered this weekend if they play like that

Yes, I know few of the first teamers played in this game but there would appear to be a general malaise to this side at the moment.

Froggy better have them ready for OT

lefty
10-31-2012, 08:36 AM
lol jizzing over a win against a shitty team

:lol Arsenal fan

NASpurs
10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Lmao this faggot had jizz on his monitor when RVP needed a hattrick to beat South fucking Hampton. Besides no one is celebrating for beating Reading, it was just a great game after being down 4-0.

:cry Wah I hate Aresenal :cry

Venti Quattro
10-31-2012, 10:01 AM
lol lefty what a faggot. No one's even celebrating that Arsenal won in a Carling Cup game.

lefty
10-31-2012, 12:43 PM
:lol

quentin_compson
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Crazy game, but there is simply no excuse for letting Reading score that much, or, having to score goddamn 7 goals to win the game

I take nothing but negatives out of this. They're gonna get slaughtered this weekend if they play like that

Yes, I know few of the first teamers played in this game but there would appear to be a general malaise to this side at the moment.

Froggy better have them ready for OT

I somewhat agree with you. This first half was just beyond embarrassing. Even if it wasn't the first team, guys like Koscielny and Djourou (even though he is terrible) have too much experience to let anything like this happen. Hell, even Coquelin has enough first team experience to not lay an egg like that.
The second half showed that Arsenal too, at times, can actually display the right kind of effort and mentality. And that would have been true even if the score had stayed at 4-3.
In the end, it's too crazy a game to read much into it, but hopefully the whole team can at least take a positive mentality out of being able to turn around a game in that fashion.

I still think getting hammered at Old Trafford on the weekend is very possible. And by the way, the Chelsea-Utd game in the CC that is being played right now shows that both those sides are head and shoulders above Arsenal.

Brazil
11-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah, maybe. There are also a lot of future Chamakhs there as well, I guess.

Don't say bad stuff about Chamak, he played for my girondins de Bordeaux :lol Thanks for the check btw.

symple19
11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I have to try and not get drunk tonight so I can actually be up to watch the game in the morning.

Already have a bad feeling about the game, however. It's going to be incredibly strange seeing RVP line up against the Gunners for the home side

lefty
11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I have to try and not get drunk tonight so I can actually be up to watch the game in the morning.

Already have a bad feeling about the game, however. It's going to be incredibly strange seeing RVP line up against the Gunners for the home side

same here

Not going to bed too late tonight

I have a bad feeling for tomorrow, Arsenal and its midgets is not a good matchup for Manu

symple19
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I think UTD is in better form right now and RVP knows the Gunners inside and out, so I feel like that's a huge advantage.

If anything, I'm just hoping for a close game so that that lefty doesn't run willy nilly all over this thread :lol (as opposed to something like that travesty from last year)

Oh, and I think Santi will have a bit more room to operate now that JW is back. Teams had really figured out the formula for shutting the Gunners down in midfield, basically by swarming Cazorla and forcing other guys to make plays (lol Ramsey). Hopefully, that won't be the case tomorrow

lefty
11-02-2012, 02:13 PM
If anything, I'm just hoping for a close game so that that lefty doesn't run willy nilly all over this thread :lol (as opposed to something like that travesty from last year)

quentin_compson
11-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Anything other than an easy Utd. win would surprise me, to be honest.
Arsene's boys are always shitting their pants in advance when playing Fergie's men.

lefty
11-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you VERY MUCH for RVP :tu

Oh I almost forgot .......

http://amusingtome.com/img/2011/02/fuckyouiammj.gif

quentin_compson
11-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Well, it was the kind of game that I expected. The scoreline at the end reads 2-1, but it felt more like a 4-0 thrashing. RvP must be more convinced than ever that he did the right thing.

NASpurs
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Ramsey is injured and not playing tomorrow.

Speaking of which, here is the squad against Schalke:

Arsenal squad:
Vito Mannone (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/vito-mannone)
James Shea (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/james-shea)
Bacary Sagna (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/bacary-sagna)
Thomas Vermaelen (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/thomas-vermaelen)
Mikel Arteta (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/mikel-arteta)
Johan Djourou (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/johan-djourou)
Per Mertesacker (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/per-mertesacker)
Laurent Koscielny (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/laurent-koscielny)
Jack Wilshere (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/jack-wilshere)
Olivier Giroud (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/olivier-giroud)
Santi Cazorla (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/santi-cazorla)
Andre Santos (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/andre-santos)
Lukas Podolski (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/lukas-podolski)
Theo Walcott (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/theo-walcott)
Andrey Arshavin (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/andrey-arshavin)
Carl Jenkinson (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/carl-jenkinson)
Francis Coquelin (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/francis-coquelin)
Marouane Chamakh (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/marouane-chamakh)

symple19
11-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I say fuck it, let Theo start at Striker with Giroud and Podolski on the wings

lefty
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM

well Podolski is a winger anyway

symple19
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM

yeah, but Wenger has tried him up front a few times where he struggles, imo. Giroud is far too untrustworthy and just can't put the ball in the net. Let Theo have a go, he will at least run at people and can maybe utilize his speed to get behind defenders.

Wenger has been awful so far this year with his starting personnel decisions. I expect the same tomorrow. Look for Chamakh to start and be terrible. Greasy fucker

lefty
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Just buy a fucking striker :lol

resistanze
11-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Part of me wants this team to tank for a year. No top 4 finish (no CL cash) and an early exit out of all competitions. If you're not gonna be winnign trophies, at least let the owners take a financial hit. Wenger and the maangement would be fired as well.

symple19
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Part of me wants this team to tank for a year. No top 4 finish (no CL cash) and an early exit out of all competitions. If you're not gonna be winnign trophies, at least let the owners take a financial hit. Wenger and the maangement would be fired as well.

It may have to come to that before the needed changes are made.

quentin_compson
11-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Giroud on the wing? Wasn't it bad enough with Ramsey on the wing? Now you want to put a rather immobile striker there?

symple19
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Giroud on the wing? Wasn't it bad enough with Ramsey on the wing? Now you want to put a rather immobile striker there?

why not? It's not like he's worth a shit anywhere else, and there really isn't anybody on the bench, either.

Arshavin, I guess.

resistanze
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Arshavin, I guess.

LMAO.

lefty
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
ROFL Arshavin is in Lanky Frog's doghouse

quentin_compson
11-06-2012, 08:28 AM
why not? It's not like he's worth a shit anywhere else, and there really isn't anybody on the bench, either.

Arshavin, I guess.

I don't get why so many football fans seem to think that playing in the middle as a striker is some kind of reward, and if you don't cut it, then you have to play on the wings. I mean I know that there have been players who began their careers on the wing and then later played as CF or striker, but that doesn't mean it should always be like this. Giroud is just not a winger, and if you field him and Walcott, then Giroud should play as a striker and Theo should play on the wing.
If you want Theo to play in the middle up front, fine, but then leave Giroud on the bench and let Arshavin play on the right wing or move Santi there and go with Arshavin or Wilshere as CAM (with Arteta and Coquelin as DM).

Latarian Milton
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
it's in the mid of the pitch where you get the best of him imho, though he can also play at the wing. the problem with arse is not that they don't have a good striker but that the strikers they have are not the exact types they really need. wenger always wants his striker to play an all-round game since the henry era and RvP used to get the job done for him as well, but he has no one left on his squad capable of doing so with RvP gone.

symple19
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't get why so many football fans seem to think that playing in the middle as a striker is some kind of reward, and if you don't cut it, then you have to play on the wings. I mean I know that there have been players who began their careers on the wing and then later played as CF or striker, but that doesn't mean it should always be like this. Giroud is just not a winger, and if you field him and Walcott, then Giroud should play as a striker and Theo should play on the wing.
If you want Theo to play in the middle up front, fine, but then leave Giroud on the bench and let Arshavin play on the right wing or move Santi there and go with Arshavin or Wilshere as CAM (with Arteta and Coquelin as DM).

That's fair. I'm just ready for Arsene to try some new things because what's going on now just isn't working

symple19
11-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Feeling optimistic this morning

symple19
11-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Feeling optimistic this morning

lefty
11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Trololololol

symple19
11-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Anyway...some positives - Giroud looked fantastic and Cazorla was his usual self. Walcott also turned in a nice effort with a lot of excellent crosses and possession

could write a book about negatives... Back line, smh. Arteta was terrible, but that should be a rarity. from the 20min mark through the 70m mark they gave the ball away so many fucking times... Berbatov, Ruiz and co had acres of space to run around in. Ramsey was terrible and almost got sent off.

The defense hasn't looked the same since it was Mert/Vermaelen/Gibbs/Jenks to start the season. Hopefully we'll see that line again soon, although Mert hasn't been playing well at all, imo. His marking was awful today.

And of course the typical schizophrenic Gunners were on display. No consistency. Point at Wenger for that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

symple19
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Trololololol

pretty much :lol

resistanze
11-10-2012, 09:48 PM
lol Arsenal. I didn't go to bed until 6AM on Friday night so thankfully I missed it live. Fitting they'd miss a penalty to end the game.

lefty
11-10-2012, 10:31 PM
lol Arsenal. I didn't go to bed until 6AM on Friday night so thankfully I missed it live. Fitting they'd miss a penalty to end the game.

you party animal

resistanze
11-11-2012, 09:37 AM
you party animal

:lol Wasn't planned tbh. I actually thought about just skipping sleep and catching the game, then thought to myself, 'Not for this team."

NASpurs
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Reading that Wenger wanted to go 5-3-2 for the Schalke game but was denied by the coaching staff due to not having enough time to practice to implement the formation.

Can somebody explain to me what's the difference between a 3-5-2 and a 5-3-2? Seems like the same shit to me. Three center backs, 2 wings, 3 midfielders and two up front. I don't know, obviously I'm missing the difference, if there is any at least.

Anyway, lol desperation.

symple19
11-14-2012, 02:40 AM
A 5-3-2 is a more defensive minded formation that employs a sweeper and two center backs. The outside backs do a shitload of running while supporting the F/M's.

The 3 midfielders, besides being distributors are also expected to get back and defend. This formation is one of the most effective ways to, "park the bus".

Up front, you would no longer have the traditional striker and instead two guys who more or less play off of each other. Some teams play the two as a stack while some play them a bit staggered, but it's a fluid setup where they can easily switch roles if one plays a bit higher than the other.

I'm guessing it would look something like this:

(ideally,imo)

Jenks/Sagna Koscielny Mert Vermaelen Gibbs

Wilshere Cazorla Arteta

Giroud/Walcott Podolski

Maybe Arteta would be better in the middle but I always like the most creative guy in the center, and that's Santi, but his size can be a disadvantage against teams in the BPL, unlike La Liga

Also, in a formation like this you usually have one of the center backs who is capable of attacking and supporting the center mid, in this case probably Koscielny

Frankly, I like this formation a hell of a lot better than what they use at present, but it always takes time to get used to it and I don't know how smart it is in the middle of the season to try. It would also stifle some of the fluidity we Gooners are so used to.

symple19
11-14-2012, 02:46 AM
One of the things that has pissed me off about Wenger in the last few years is him molding the personnel to the formation instead of the opposite. It would seem that he's finally figured out that he has to run something that fits his current players.

Speaks volumes that it took him this long to figure it out

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2012, 11:44 PM
this fkn wanking club is having a bad swagga on the spurs, losing games they are supposed to win....

Venti Quattro
11-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Arsenal have renewed with Emirates for 5 years/£150 million. The fkn wanker club will also make a switch to Adidas.

lefty
11-23-2012, 01:50 PM
:lol Turbandidas

Venti Quattro
11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
:lol Turbandidas

As compared to Qatarlona wearing Turbanikes...

lefty
11-23-2012, 02:03 PM

lefty
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
You guys must be proud of your Gunners today

RVP scoring the winning goal, helped by Nasri's deflection

Admit it, you are really happy for them

sonic21
12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
^
nasri not good enough for the french NT tbh, too bad he can't play for algeria anymore

lefty
12-10-2012, 09:24 AM
^
nasri not good enough for the french NT tbh, too bad he can't play for algeria anymore

No thanks

You can keep him
He is still better than your pure laine whitey players :lol

Sonic :lol

sonic21
12-10-2012, 09:31 AM
No thanks

You can keep him
He is still better than your pure laine whitey players :lol

Sonic :lol

don't be like that, it'd have been great for him to play in a WC. I'm just sad for him.

lefty
12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
don't be like that, it'd have been great for him to play in a WC. I'm just sad for him.

eh it's Monday morning, I'm a little cranky

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Currently Arsenal is losing to Bradford City in the Capital One Cup to what is basically our EPL starting squad

:lmao :lmao :lmao

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Got this from the ESPN Game Commentary thing:

"First good chance of the half for Arsenal as Cazorla squares for Ramsey whose first touch sets up a shooting chance but he's shanked it wide from 16 yards."

Of course he shanked it, it's Aaron Ramsey, that's all he does

Muser
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay now that's just embarrassing.

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
I will laugh my ass off if Arsenal loses. As much as I support them, this is a fucking joke.

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Cazorla just hit the woodwork 25 yards out

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Penaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaldoooooooooooooooos :lmao :lmao :lmao

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Cazorlaaaaaaaaa fuck no!!!! AH!

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Bradford is up 2 in penalties :(

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
The greasehead totally hit the post

This shit might as well be over now :lmao :lmao :lmao

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:23 PM
OMG OMG OOGMOGMOGM G

it's not over!

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
VERMAELEN!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD SEE HIS MISS

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

NASpurs
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM
That's our season in a nutshell and our captain

This is just fucking hilarious :lol

Muser
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Congrats to Bradford tbh.

resistanze
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
lol Arsenal

symple19
12-12-2012, 12:47 AM
incredible....

smh

velik_m
12-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Arsenal dancing limbo right now...

lefty
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Man, that clutch RVP free kick vs City last sunday....

Ooops wait sorry, wrong thread

sonic21
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
you mean nasri hiding like a f**ing wanker trying to avoid the ball.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
watta fkn joke of a club arsenal is...

lefty
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
you mean nasri hiding like a f**ing wanker trying to avoid the ball.

Nasri :lol

Also Tevez moving from the wall, wtf was that :lol

lefty
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5e093931ab45865d8e9329a410ce112d/tumblr_mes25vrQao1qlpj5vo1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/97fd0375d092e154687a87596685e665/tumblr_metr0dqX041rr8wbto1_500.gif

Venti Quattro
12-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Bould should go Vinnie Jones on these fkn wankers. Disgraceful. Make an example out of someone already, Bouldemort. Break Ramsey's leg. It's not like Arsenal are gonna lose anything if you do that, but it'll still set an example.

Venti Quattro
12-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Santi Cazorla. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHSqaccn68

NASpurs
12-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Reading's defense was a joke but it's a much needed win. Cazorla was just incredible today. I'm also glad that they played with a lot of speed with Chamberlain and Walcott playing together in the mix. I hope it's a starting XI that Wenger will consistently put out there.

Venti Quattro
12-18-2012, 02:08 AM
This game taught us an important lesson: Gervinho should never suit up in an Arsenal shirt ever again.

symple19
12-18-2012, 02:48 AM
lol expecting Wenger to do something smart on a consistent basis

Santi Claus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lefty
12-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Jizzing over a win @ Reading :lol

NASpurs
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Jizzing over a win @ Reading :lol

Having 100+ posts on a team's thread you hate :lol

Barely beating Reading 4-3 :lol

No one giving a shit about your Man U thread so you post in this one :lol

lefty
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Having 100+ posts on a team's thread you hate :lol

Barely beating Reading 4-3 :lol

No one giving a shit about your Man U thread so you post in this one :lol
TBH you are the one who didnt jizz over the win :lol

NASpurs
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM
That's the second time you claimed someone was jizzing over beating Reading (remember the 7-5 game?) when in reality, no one did. How is Venti jizzing over the win when he's excited about Cazorla's play?

lefty
12-18-2012, 10:21 AM
That's the second time you claimed someone was jizzing over beating Reading (remember the 7-5 game?) when in reality, no one did. How is Venti jizzing over the win when he's excited about Cazorla's play?

Well, a player like Cazorla should score that anyway vs a shitty Reading D

Not even YT worthy TBH

So yeah its jizzing

NASpurs
12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Well, a player like Cazorla should score that anyway vs a shitty Reading D

Not even YT worthy TBH

So yeah its jizzing

Stop being a dumbass dude. That was Cazorla's first hattrick EVER, so of course we're excited for him. Funny how you listed him as a player you like and you're still taking shit about it.

Anyway being down 3-2 against that shitty defense :lmao

lefty
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Stop being a dumbass dude. That was Cazorla's first hattrick EVER, so of course we're excited for him. Funny how you listed him as a player you like and you're still taking shit about it.

Anyway being down 3-2 against that shitty defense :lmao

I like Santi, and Im not talking shit about him you dumbass :lmao, but about your overreactions :lmao

Jizzers :lmao

quentin_compson
12-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I had almost forgotten what a decent Arsenal performance looks like. Sure, Reading were poor and the goals against them were conceded in a rather embarrassing manner. Still, it was a somewhat encouraging game.

NASpurs
12-18-2012, 07:51 PM
I like Santi, and Im not talking shit about him you dumbass :lmao, but about your overreactions :lmao

Jizzers :lmao

:lmao you don't even make any sense fucktard

Coming in this thread to shit on it when no one is jizzing, dumb fucking terrorist. Your turban is on too tight bro.

lefty
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
:lmao you don't even make any sense fucktard

Coming in this thread to shit on it when no one is jizzing, dumb fucking terrorist. Your turban is on too tight bro.
Shut up you fat school mass shooter

symple19
12-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Lefty's go to insult of Americans is "fat"

Come on guy, get some new material

lefty
12-19-2012, 10:34 AM
24m (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281415893970468864) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2974081503/37db2e202fb10e4ed062919eba167105_normal.jpeg Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila)
Arsenal sign Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gibbs & Jenkinson of long-term deals pic.twitter.com/HmD4vKKm (http://t.co/HmD4vKKm)

View photo (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281415893970468864)

2h (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281391916824788994) https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2974081503/37db2e202fb10e4ed062919eba167105_normal.jpeg Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila)
Arsenal v West Ham called off over Boxing Day tube strike

Expand (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281391916824788994)

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila) Rodgers wants Walcott. Walcott wants #Liverpool (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Liverpool&src=hash). What do FSG want ? Big test coming up. #LFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LFC&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281420686549991425)

quentin_compson
12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
So Liverpool aren't done signing overrated English players it seems?

lefty
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
So Liverpool aren't done signing overrated English players it seems?

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila) Raheem Sterling is expected to sign a new contract with LFC in the coming days via @BenSmithBBC (https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC).Does this mean I still can stay on twitter ?

Expand (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/281508691893706752)

quentin_compson
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
For the record, I think it would be better for Arsenal if Theo stayed. He is one of the better attacking guys they have at the moment, and if all he wants is to be payed in the same regions as clowns like Diaby, I don't think there is too much wrong with that.

lefty
12-21-2012, 09:37 AM
@indykaila saying that Arsenal is pursuing Marouane Fellaini.

symple19
12-21-2012, 11:08 PM
@indykaila saying that Arsenal is pursuing Marouane Fellaini.

If true then I just came a bit in my pants

however, we all know that another team that's actually serious about winning will outbid them

lefty
12-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Arsenal needs a striker though

symple19
12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Arsenal needs a striker though

The bastards have the money for both

Don't ruin my dreams, damn you! :lol

Venti Quattro
12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
What a fucking shitfest vs Wigan.

symple19
12-22-2012, 03:13 PM
a win is a win.

amazingly, the Gunners are a part of the logjam for 3rd

Venti Quattro
12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Somebody should tell Piers that Walcott should NEVER play central forward. He fucking sucks at it.

lefty
12-23-2012, 12:48 AM
By Steve Stammers (http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/steve-stammers/)
3 Comments (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/johan-cruyff-on-why-arsenal-should-never-1502106#comments)

Unimaginable: Johan Cruyff on why Arsenal should NEVER get rid of Wenger 22 Dec 2012 22:30 (http://www.mirror.co.uk/by-date/22-12-2012) The Holland and Barcelona legend talks candidly to the Sunday Mirror about why Wenger must stay

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1467265.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Arsenal+v+Swansea+City+-+Premier+League Richard Heathcote

One of the greatest players of all time – Holland legend Johan Cruyff – has revealed why Arsenal would be crazy to get rid of Arsene Wenger.
Cruyff has given the Gunners boss solid backing and says the Arsenal board would be mad to even consider parting company with the Frenchman.
“Wenger will ALWAYS bring the club back to the top,” said Cruyff, who is credited by Pep Guardiola for establishing the La Masia academy at Barcelona, which *produced Lionel Messi, Xavi *Hernandez and *Andres Iniesta.
“There is one *unwritten law at the highest level of football.
“And that is that all the big clubs, which have become the biggest and most established names in world *football, have been built on a strong philiosophy of long-term managers.
“They have *developed talented players at the club and bought players to fit the style of the existing players.”
Wenger has come under fire after his team’s indifferent start to the *season, which *included the shock Capital One Cup exit at lowly Bradford.
And they have made their worst start to a Premier League season, leading Gunners fans to turn on Wenger.
But Cruyff has particular praise for Wenger’s Arsenal side of the 90s. They are part of a rich history, which also included the *Manchester United side of the 1960s under Sir Matt Busby, the Ajax team of the 70s under Rinus Michels, AC Milan in the 80s and, currently, *Barcelona.
Sir Alex *Ferguson was also *mentioned – with Wenger – for the *success he has brought to Old Trafford over 25 years.
“I have so much respect for the football vision and philosophy at *Manchester United and *Arsenal,” said Cruyff. “Both clubs have had the same manager for 15 or 25 years. Alex Ferguson is not only the man who makes sure he *performs miracles and keeps *trophies flowing in.
“He – in my eyes – is also the *symbol of values Manchester United stands for. In the same breath, I speak about Arsene Wenger.
“People do not realise the *achievement of this manager at *Arsenal.
“I find it *incredible that *Arsenal have stayed at the *highest level of *European *competition and *England under his management without ever ending up in debt (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/johan-cruyff-on-why-arsenal-should-never-1502106#).
“I cannot remember red figures at Arsenal over the last 15 years. How many clubs in Europe can say they have qualified for the Champions League for 16 *consecutive seasons under the same management? Arsene Wenger has put his life and soul into Arsenal.
“In 15 years, I have not seen him make any *irresponsible *purchases in the transfer *market.
“That is why the work of Arsene Wenger at *Arsenal is the prime example for every club in *Europe.
“I cannot even imagine the board or the fans would ever think for a moment of putting Arsene’s position in doubt.”

Venti Quattro
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
amazingly, the Gunners are a part of the logjam for 3rd

4th for the Christmas break, after Chelsea raped/murdered/massacred/burned Aston Villa.

Still doesn't change that we need transfers in January, especially because the fkn wankers are going up against Bayern in the CL.

lefty
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
1m (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/283242212828012544) https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2974081503/37db2e202fb10e4ed062919eba167105_normal.jpeg Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila

(https://twitter.com/indykaila)

Ba to #Arsenal (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Arsenal&src=hash). Looks likely

symple19
12-24-2012, 01:41 PM
4th for the Christmas break, after Chelsea raped/murdered/massacred/burned Aston Villa.

Still doesn't change that we need transfers in January, especially because the fkn wankers are going up against Bayern in the CL.

Yeah, I finally saw highlights of the Chelsea/Villa game :wow

Even 4th feesl too high. This seems more like a 7th or 8th on the table team

resistanze
12-24-2012, 11:03 PM
1m (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/283242212828012544) https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2974081503/37db2e202fb10e4ed062919eba167105_normal.jpeg Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila

(https://twitter.com/indykaila)

Ba to #Arsenal (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Arsenal&src=hash). Looks likely

:cry yes

Venti Quattro
12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I finally saw highlights of the Chelsea/Villa game :wow

Even 4th feesl too high. This seems more like a 7th or 8th on the table team

If I didn't look at the PL table, I wouldn't realize that Arsenal are 3rd/4th. They're totally playing the complete opposite of it.

lefty
12-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila) According to Spanish & Turkish reports, Arda Turan has agreed personal terms with Arsenal via @TotallyArsenal (https://twitter.com/TotallyArsenal)

TimmehC
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Meh. WTF hapened to the Ba rumor?

Venti Quattro
12-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Look at all the players being linked to Arsenal, a lot of them are left wingers. That's Arsene's fuck you to Gervinho.

lefty
12-29-2012, 10:23 PM
From Sky Italia, who are usually reliable:

@tancredipalmeri: Arsenal contacted Parma for algerian striker Belfodil, 20 yo, according to Sky Italy. Exploring the chance to sign him in June

Venti Quattro
12-30-2012, 12:36 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwbb6z_arsenal-v-newcastle-united_sport

NASpurs
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
^^^^ :lol video already taken off

Anyway Arsenal are linked with Zaha and David Villa? God, I hate the transfer window.

velik_m
12-31-2012, 04:42 AM
^^^^ :lol video already taken off

Anyway Arsenal are linked with Zaha and David Villa? God, I hate the transfer window.

David Villa would be great. Of course knowing Arsenal it will probably be some french or ukrainian star.

lefty
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila) Arsenal have agreed a €24m fee with Atletico Madrid over the signing of Arda Turan via @trt3spor (https://twitter.com/TRT3SPOR)

Expand

(https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/285744916506755072)Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila) Demba Ba update: Alan Pardew says Newcastle coped with losing Andy Carroll and can do same again

Collapse (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/285750992262266880)

@ Pardew comparing Caroll to Ba :lmao :rollin

(https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/285744916506755072)

TimmehC
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Turan might be a good fit, but it's a pretty "meh" signing. If he can open things up a bit for Walcott/Giroud, it'll be worth it.

:lol assuming Walcott stays
:lol Chelsea might try to steal Turan

Venti Quattro
01-01-2013, 02:57 PM
No wonder Walcott is expecting much more from Arsenal. We fuckin' threw a five-year deal at Aaron Ramsey for crying out loud!

Venti Quattro
01-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Chamakh, Squillaci and Djourou are walking out the door. resistanze, let's throw a party whether Arsenal make the Champions League or not. :cry :cry :cry

velik_m
01-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Chamakh, Squillaci and Djourou are walking out the door. resistanze, let's throw a party whether Arsenal make the Champions League or not. :cry :cry :cry

tbh, I didn't realize they were still with the club.

resistanze
01-04-2013, 08:04 AM

YES! :cry

Now hopefully they're eaten by a pack of wolves on their way out.

NASpurs
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM
:lmao Arshavin rejecting Reading loan... gtfo wanker

And I will buy a Villa Arsenal jersey the first day they're available if he goes to the Emirates.

Venti Quattro
01-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Beautiful :cry :cry :cry

symple19
01-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Good riddance to those fucks. Better fucking sell em' in the next window

lefty
01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila (https://twitter.com/indykaila)
#Arsenal (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Arsenal&src=hash) star Santi Cazorla is now on Twitter @19scazorla (https://twitter.com/19SCazorla) #AFC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AFC&src=hash) #Spain (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spain&src=hash)

Expand (https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/289724120416006145)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

2h (https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje/status/289723009244217344) https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1511643249/Twitter_normal.jpg Terje H ‏@ArsenalTerje (https://twitter.com/ArsenalTerje)
Mikel Arteta and @Arsenal (https://twitter.com/Arsenal) have confirmed that @19SCazorla (https://twitter.com/19SCazorla) is the real deal.

NASpurs
01-22-2013, 10:49 AM
At least it's something I guess. I wonder what no-name, African or French players he's trying to get just to shut people up for new signings.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-are-working-very-hard-on-new-signings- (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-are-working-very-hard-on-new-signings-)

‘We are working very hard on new signings’
Arsène Wenger insists he is still working “very hard” on adding two players to his squad during the January transfer window.

The Arsenal manager has been linked with a host of names this month, but has yet to make any significant moves in the market with just nine days remaining.

The Frenchman would not be drawn on the identities of potential targets, but admits he is still hopeful of bolstering his squad over the coming days.

“Yes [I still want two signings]. We work very hard on it,” Wenger said. “It is not the number that counts but the quality.

“I don't give you any names. I don’t come out on rumours because it would put [teams] in a bad position. The player as well.

“You have to respect the player has a contract somewhere, is playing and as long as the transfer is not done for anybody it is best not to talk about it because it doesn’t work. He has to continue to play where he is.”

sonic21
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Lol wenger trying to sign gourcouf, another overrated frenchie

lefty
01-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Lol wenger trying to sign gourcouf, another overrated frenchie

it cant be true

Venti Quattro
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM
overrated frenchie

Redundant, aside from Zizou and King Henry.

lefty
01-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Redundant, aside from Zizou and King Henry.
Laurent blanc was great too tbh

lefty
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Arsenal vs Westham today TBH

symple19
01-28-2013, 03:41 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/27/real-madrid-want-arsene-wenger-to-replace-jose-mourinho-3368954/

Florentino Perez wants Wenger to replace Mourinho

Good, you can have him

NASpurs
01-28-2013, 07:20 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1316459/alisher-usmanov:-thierry-henry-wants-me-in-full-control-of-arsenal?cc=5901

Usmanov: Henry wants me in full control

Russian oligarch Alisher Usmanov has told L'Equipe that former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry is pushing for him to buy the Gunners outright.

Alisher Usmanov acquired former vice-chairman David Dein's shares in August 2007
GettyImagesAlisher Usmanov acquired former vice-chairman David Dein's shares in August 2007

Usmanov, 59, holds a 29.9% share in the Premier League side after buying up former vice-chairman David Dein's stake five years ago.

American businessman Stan Kroenke is the club's majority shareholder, but Usmanov, the world's 28th-richest man, admitted in an interview published on Monday that Henry is encouraging him to use his fortune to take total control - something he says he would have already done had his image not been undermined.

"I like many footballers, and I'm in contact with some of them. Perhaps my favourite of the last ten, 15 years is Thierry Henry. He's pushing me to buy all of Arsenal's shares, but I cannot predict the future," the Uzbek-born billionaire told the French sports daily.

"When I had the chance to buy some shares and become one of the main shareholders in the club, I didn't hesitate for a second. I was even ready to take total control. That wasn't possible because certain people preferred to make a profit and create, using me, an outside enemy. I remain portrayed as a pirate, an enemy. They have won that game."

The financial fair play regulations currently being enacted by UEFA may mean that even if Usmanov were to wrestle total control of the club away from Kroenke, his estimated wealth of some $18.1 billion could not be used to radically revamp Arsene Wenger's squad.

However, with Wenger regularly forced to remodel his team as his best players are sold off, Usmanov believes the Frenchman is being short-changed by the powers-that-be at the Emirates Stadium.

"For me, he's one of the best coaches in the world, but it's not easy for him," Usmanov said. "I think he deserves that players are brought in at Arsenal when they're needed.

"The best players, and not being satisfied with selling our best players to our rivals. If that happens, we can ask everything of him. But, today, he's sacrificed. Because of the policy, and we're all to blame. Everything's in Mr Kroenke's hands, and I hope he succeeds, even if he doesn't go along with my ideas."

He added: "The greatest achievement of Arsene Wenger is to have created two teams: the one that now plays for our rivals, and the one that is trying to be among the best in the Premier League.

"That's why I say it's not enough to merely flatter the coach, but to give him the possibility to buy the best players, superstars. But not just stars, but those chosen by Wenger.

"It's unthinkable that the shareholders get well-paid while, for small clauses in contracts, we lose key players, symbols like Robin van Persie, Mathieu Flamini or Patrick Vieira. We should have increased their salaries when they started to be courted, started to look elsewhere. I don't know why we didn't propose that to them."

With Usmanov on the outside looking in, as he has "no relationship" with Kroenke, he insisted his passion for the club was born at the end of the 1990s and remains intact.

"In my opinion, that team was as good as the current Barcelona side," Usmanov said. "It wasn't a question of money or prestige. It's a choice [to invest in the club] dictated by my emotions, those provoked in me by the club. And Arsenal's current situation remains an interesting investment.

"I would like to be useful for the club, and I can be. I understand football well, and can prove it, but I'll never force myself on anyone. For the moment, Arsenal don't seem to need me. But I remain convinced that Arsenal should have only one aim in every competition: first place and winning.

"All other theories are hypocrisy aimed at covering up weakness. I'm a strong man. If someone needs my help, my money, my know-how, anything I possess, I'm always ready."

lefty
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/27/real-madrid-want-arsene-wenger-to-replace-jose-mourinho-3368954/

Florentino Perez wants Wenger to replace Mou inbound

Good, you can have him

That's BS

symple19
01-28-2013, 01:05 PM
That's BS

Lots are reporting it. Why do you think its BS?

You could be right, I just don't follow La Liga very closely so feel free to clue me in

lefty
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Lots are reporting it. Why do you think its BS?

You could be right, I just don't follow La Liga very closely so feel free to clue me in

Because Wenger is the King in North London

With RMAO, he would be the coach, nothing more

Plus, Im not sure he wants to deal with the pressure of coaching Real

My choice as RMAO's next coach : Michael Laudrup - one can dream :D

I like Swansea's possession's style, and Laudrup played for both Midgetlona and RMAO, so he speaks Spanish and is familiar with both teams

symple19
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Because Wenger is the King in North London

With RMAO, he would be the coach, nothing more

Plus, Im not sure he wants to deal with the pressure of coaching Real

My choice as RMAO's next coach : Michael Laudrup - one can dream :D

I like Swansea's possession's style, and Laudrup played for both Midgetlona and RMAO, so he speaks Spanish and is familiar with both teams

Well, I think if Wenger doesn't win a trophy (very likely) and also finishes outside the top 4 (somewhat likely, imo) then his contract may not be renewed and he'll be available.

He would be a much better manager with the superior talent and resources that Real has than he is at Arsenal (again, imo).

lefty
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Well, I think if Wenger doesn't win a trophy (very likely) and also finishes outside the top 4 (somewhat likely, imo) then his contract may not be renewed and he'll be available.

He would be a much better manager with the superior talent and resources that Real has than he is at Arsenal (again, imo).

Oh no question, he would do a good job with RMAO (I want more offense and I think he would bring that), but I'm sure the Gazidis want to keep him as long as possible, because he is bringing them a lot of $$$$$

NASpurs
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Beckham trainging at Arsenal and wearing the kit is fucking weird.

Venti Quattro
01-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Watch as Arsenal sign Becks and Arsene treat it as revenge for Robin van Persie. :rollin :rollin :rollin

symple19
01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
The flirtations with Villa and Jovetic seem to be real... At this point I would rather see Wanger bring in a defender or defensive midfielder, but I certainly wouldn't shed any tears were a new striker to show up

NASpurs
01-30-2013, 06:46 AM
The flirtations with Villa and Jovetic seem to be real... At this point I would rather see Wanger bring in a defender or defensive midfielder, but I certainly wouldn't shed any tears were a new striker to show up

True, the back four are a joke. I think Jenkinson is the only one who deserves to get any real minutes. Sagna has had some pathetic games and so has Gibbs. I remember cursing their names a couple of times this year. Mertesacker is too slow and can get burned often when his head is not in the game. He's overrated on set pieces as well, for being such a huge dude. Our fearless captain has had various shaky games and Koscielny has shit the bed a lot of times this year. Fuck that, we need to rehaul that line. Oh, I didn't even mention our super sub Andre Santos.

I know people say we need a striker and it's true though. I think I read somewhere that the majority of Arsenal's goals this year have been in the four or five games that they've blown out the oppositions.

6 against Southampton
5 against the Spuds
5 against Reading
7 against Newcastle
5 against West Ham
-----
28 goals out of the 46 (60%) in the season have been scored in five games. 18 goals have been scored in the other 18 games left over. It's like they blow their load in a couple of games and then struggle to score against others. Feast or famine it seems. So yes, please bring in a competent striker! This team needs some serious work personnel wise.

NASpurs
01-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Watch as Arsenal sign Becks and Arsene treat it as revenge for Robin van Persie. :rollin :rollin :rollin

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/paper-chase-jan-30-arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-open-to-david-beckham-move-013013

:lmao :lmao

symple19
01-30-2013, 12:22 PM
True, the back four are a joke. I think Jenkinson is the only one who deserves to get any real minutes.

Jenks is going to be special, imo. Every game he's in it seems he jumps off the screen at you. While he still makes some dumb, young, mistakes, he's quite good at a lot of other things, especially attacking up the wing and supporting the wing/midfield.

I'm really happy with the young core that Wanger has assembled. What they need now is depth and/or a real difference maker, at whatever position that may be.

Btw, it's good to see Rosicky back. He's at least viable to come in and help when the "A" team is run out there... (Instead of, say, that fat Russian slob)

NASpurs
01-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Don't worry guys, everything will be alright! Gibbs is out for three weeks. All the Santos you can handle!

Seriously though, now is the time to sign a new defender for that position.

NASpurs
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Makes me feel better when the BBC says it.

Venti Quattro
01-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Great! Andre Santos will be in full display for the premier league to expose!!!

lefty
01-31-2013, 12:21 AM
dat backline :lol

Sagna : no comment
Santos :lol

MartesUcker :lol, fundamuntally sound, but slow as shit

Koscielny :lol : actually a good defender .......... when he is not scoring for the other team

NASpurs
01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Great! Andre Santos will be in full display for the premier league to expose!!!

Don't forget the Champions League. Bayern are going to go bareback on Arsenal. Teams are obviously targeting his side of the field when they're attacking. We need a fucking miracle to draw at the most. They should just switch Sagna to the left and keep Jenkinson on the right. I really don't want to see Santos in that position or all three of Koscielny, Mertesacker and Vermaelen playing at the same time (with Vermaelen and Sagna holding the outer positions).

lefty
01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Don't forget the Champions League. Bayern are going to go bareback on Arsenal. Teams are obviously targeting his side of the field when they're attacking. We need a fucking miracle to draw at the most. They should just switch Sagna to the left and keep Jenkinson on the right. I really don't want to see Santos in that position or all three of Koscielny, Mertesacker and Vermaelen playing at the same time (with Vermaelen and Sagna holding the outer positions).

IIRC, Verminator has already played as a semi-LB in the past

So vs Bayern, they could go with this :

- LB: Verminator
- CB's : Maetesacker and Koscielny
- RB : Jenkinson

Martesacker is a bit slow, but Mario GOmez is not fast either.

And of course, Koscielny shoudnt try to deflect crosses

NASpurs
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
That's the lineup I didn't want. :lol I don't want all those three playing together (Mertersacker, Koscielny and Vermaelen). I rather they just play Jenkinson and Sagna with Vermaelen and whoever in the middle. Maybe it's just me though.

lefty
01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
That's the lineup I didn't want. :lol I don't want all those three playing together (Mertersacker, Koscielny and Vermaelen). I rather they just play Jenkinson and Sagna with Vermaelen and whoever in the middle. Maybe it's just me though.

Sagna on the left ? yikes

I would rather have Jenkinson as a LB, as his game seems to be more mature than Sagna's

symple19
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
I think Jenks could handle the left... Or, since Sagna has been in poor form, start Jenks on the right and put Diaby at left back, or Coquellin... Whatever the case, START JENKS

Ideally, the Wangster will find some defensive help in the market. Not holding my breath, however

NASpurs
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Wilshere, Walcott, and Ox were called up for the national team to take on Brazil on Wednesday.

lefty
01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539919_415886511832887_1239201894_n.jpg

Landon Donofag
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71I9wWAv6Q

:cry

NASpurs
01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
We have a new left back!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21279814

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Malaga left-back Nacho Monreal for around £8.3m.

quentin_compson
01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Sounds promising: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nacho-monreal-arsenal-transfer-why-the-gunners-1567825

"Don't expect any blistering spells of skill, or unnecessarily cavalier defending from Monreal."
That would be a nice change after witnessing Santos doing his thing, whatever it is supposed to be ...

lefty
01-31-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71I9wWAv6Q

:cry
Beautiful :cry

symple19
02-01-2013, 02:59 AM
From everything I've read about Monreal, i'm excited.

Also glad Wanger didn't dip into France again.

lefty
02-02-2013, 03:06 AM
http://soomaalidamaanta.com/ciyaaraha/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Manchester-United-8-2.jpg
http://www.stretford-end.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Man-Utd-v-Arsenal-017.jpg
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Wenger-8-2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EiqPK6sTjrc/Tl4yi-7K4jI/AAAAAAAACjU/iy9MKLoiRUo/s1600/humilia8ed.jpg
http://files.myopera.com/jazdevil/albums/8936052/8-2%20arse.jpg

lefty
02-02-2013, 03:08 AM

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m178/wespeg/arsenalnz.jpg

http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/839796_Arsenal-Reward_JPGe1f05ac9b16396acee36b4901135bd12

:rollin :lmao :lmao

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/o3d.jpg

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 04:33 AM
:lmao bitter Algerian bandwagoning terrorist not having anything to do on a Friday night except to troll a thread

:cry you Arsenal fans are being mean to me so let me troll your thread :cry

lefty
02-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Lol at the illegal fat cholo's arguments :lol

:lol butthurt

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Dumb fucking smelly terrorist thinking everyone on this site is "fat" or a "cholo"

Go take your sexual frustration on your camel bro.

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 04:41 AM
:lmao @ feeling like you're being acknowledged playing stinky fingers with others on the internet

:lmao enjoy your miserable life bro, get out and go laid or something.

symple19
02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Venti Quattro
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

lefty
02-02-2013, 01:20 PM
:lmao @ feeling like you're being acknowledged playing stinky fingers with others on the internet

:lmao enjoy your miserable life bro, get out and go laid or something.

Lol illegal fat cholo rage :lol

Lol says he isnt one :lol

Denial :lol

BecauSe he is one :lol

Brown, fat, sweaty and cleans restrooms :lol

Couldnt get laid anyway even if he went out :lol

Cant afford to go out anyway :lol

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Lol illegal fat cholo rage :lol

Lol says he isnt one :lol

Denial :lol

BecauSe he is one :lol

Brown, fat, sweaty and cleans restrooms :lol

Couldnt get laid anyway even if he went out :lol

Cant afford to go out anyway :lol

Im not even Mexican you dumb fuck. :lmao @ you trying to find my nationality and failing every time. Keep it up, Ill laugh at your dumb ass failing stinky camel-fucking, turban-wearing, spear chucking self.

You try too hard bro.

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
:lmao @ you posting here @ 5 am, trolling an internet thread, fucking loser

lefty
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Im not even Mexican you dumb fuck. :lmao @ you trying to find my nationality and failing every time. Keep it up, Ill laugh at your dumb ass failing stinky camel-fucking, turban-wearing, spear chucking self.

You try too hard bro.

yes you are mexican :lmao

Keep denying it, you are just proving my point :lmao

NASpurs
02-02-2013, 02:04 PM
yes you are mexican :lmao

Keep denying it, you are just proving my point :lmao

:lmao at you being pissed off and playing the guessing game now

Fucking loser posting at 5 am trolling a thread on a Friday night

lefty
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
:lmao at you being pissed off and playing the guessing game now

Fucking loser posting at 5 am trolling a thread on a Friday night

you were posting around the same time so STFU

symple19
02-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Rumors are that Santos may get loaned out http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andre-santos-transfer-news-arsenal-1594411

Venti Quattro
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Rumors are that Santos may get loaned out http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andre-santos-transfer-news-arsenal-1594411

Please let it be true. :( :( :( :( :(

symple19
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
More good news, if true... Jovetic rumors just won't go away...Replacement for Sagna also being sought

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2275323/Stefan-Jovetic-replaces-David-Villa-Arsenals-target.html#axzz2KMdu2Fja

Also, Viera/Bergkamp to lead youth development? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2275561/Arsene-Wenger-confirms-Patrick-Vieira-return-Arsenal-replace-Liam-Brady.html#axzz2KMdu2Fja

Venti Quattro
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Aren't they gonna make a run for Hummels. I love Verms but I'm tired of seeing him screw up things.

symple19
02-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Aren't they gonna make a run for Hummels. I love Verms but I'm tired of seeing him screw up things.

Would like to see Hummels as well, but I doubt they can afford..errrrr... are willing to spend for both a new CB and a ST. I'd actually be happy with a solid guy to provide depth at a lower price in the back and then going big on a striker

Venti Quattro
02-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm okay with Giroud and Poldi, but yeah, we need a world-class striker.

lefty
02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm okay with Giroud and Poldi, but yeah, we need a world-class striker.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/RVPTEE200812_0.jpg

Venti Quattro
02-08-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_magazine_big_picture/RVPTEE200812_0.jpg

fuck off wanker

quentin_compson
02-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Why should Hummels want to come to a club like Arsenal? Right now, he would be better off staying at Dortmund.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Why should Hummels want to come to a club like Arsenal? Right now, he would be better off staying at Dortmund.

wankers paradise attacts wankers

Sportstudi
02-09-2013, 06:46 AM

Sad but true

NASpurs
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Not a rumor anymore, dat nigga Santos is gone!

symple19
02-11-2013, 02:00 AM

:huddle:

Venti Quattro
02-11-2013, 02:08 AM
:cry :cry :cry Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry

Sportstudi
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Thank God!

Libri
02-13-2013, 12:53 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgw46uRhv1ry4aqmo1_400.jpg

lefty
02-13-2013, 01:12 AM

symple19
02-13-2013, 03:51 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgw46uRhv1ry4aqmo1_400.jpg

symple19
02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9866124/Arsenal-scouting-Celtics-Victor-Wanyama-with-a-view-to-signing-midfielder-in-summer.html

Arsenal after Wanyama?

lefty
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Fuckin Wanyamanker

lefty
02-19-2013, 03:50 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285787_550505441650157_979917559_n.jpg

quentin_compson
02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Long, but interesting read:
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/3688?cc=5739