PDA

View Full Version : This was the worst got damn officiating of the season

50 cent
04-09-2012, 10:17 PM
That was unbelievably pathetic.

Great effort by our scrubs. Utah needed about 7 bullshit calls in the last 5 minutes to pull it out. :bang:bang:bang:bang

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
How did your Manu replacement do tonight taking over?

50 cent
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Horrible.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-09-2012, 10:25 PM
seriously.

TE
04-09-2012, 10:25 PM
It was but you gotta play though it. Terrible execution down the stretch plus lack of knocking down timely shots.

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
My biggest concern about Jackson is materializing, His jumpshot has abandoned him.

50 cent
Yeah, we missed a ton shots. We didn't deserve the win but we also didn't deserve to get butt fucked by the zebras.

T Park
It's why the NbA will never be a top flight league again. Minor league officials.

T Park
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
My biggest concern about Jackson is materializing, His jumpshot has abonded him.

Lol yeah ok.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
I said there'd be heck to pay after spurs got 41 FTA's last night

50 cent
BTW, I will give the refs credit and say they haven't been as terrible this year as they have in years past, but tonight was just a joke. It happens, but still frustrating.

manu the best
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Fuck man that was the worst officiating. We only got one free throw in the 4th. But there were so many fucking fouls. And i was so pissed that neal got the ball in the poccession that mattered the most. The ball should have been in captian Jacks hand.

Paranoid Pop
04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
When Manu got 15 FTs the other night nobody said anything, stop bitching about the refs seriously.

T Park
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
When Manu got 15 FTs the other night nobody said anything, stop bitching about the refs seriously.

Ooo forum police!!

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
The ball should have been in captian Jacks hand.

2-14 would have looked much better than 2-13. It shows more effort.

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Lol yeah ok.

He has never been an awesome shooter to begin with but he hasn't shot over 33 % on 3's in 6 years now. And looking at his stroke right now, I would sign for him to shoot that % in the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
You all are embarrassing when you whine about the refs. I don't hear you complaining when the calls go our way.

jiggy_55
My biggest concern about Jackson is materializing, His jumpshot has abandoned him.

Needs to stop working on his music and practice on his shot. Looks awful, doesn't even shoot straight half the time he's bricking shots.

jestersmash
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM

You're either blind, you didn't watch the game, or you're trying to look cool by not complaining because you think complaining about bad reffing makes you look like a homer.

Spurtacus
04-09-2012, 10:40 PM

two games utah +6 ft on us

jestersmash
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Why are you guys citing FTA numbers as though it inherently tells you anything about good or bad officiating?

It has nothing to do with the numbers.

You simply have to watch the game and keep a running tally of fouls called in the game.

Bad officiating isn't about calling something that isn't a foul in reality. Bad officiating comes when you arbitrarily move the benchmark of what constitutes a foul to suit your purposes.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
^^ Thanks. Free throw disparity won't always tell the story.

When a game's been officiated this badly I try to avoid absolutes, but, yeah, it was terrible this game.

Beanzamillion21
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I could live with tonight's loss but the officiating was so fucking bad, it kind of put a damper on things. Oh well time to start another streak on LA and MEM.

xellos88330
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't care about the officiating. The Spurs could have easily won this game w/o the big 3. As pop said. They couldn't throw it in the ocean in the last minutes.

The only non call that I was actually irritated about was when I could clearly hear a slap on the arm on Tiago near the end of the 4th. Slapping a ball makes a thud, slapping skin makes a smack.

Airgentina
04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
The only thing worse than the officiating was Tiago's acting in that commercial.

jestersmash
04-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I could live with tonight's loss but the officiating was so fucking bad, it kind of put a damper on things. Oh well time to start another streak on LA and MEM.

It's actually just the opposite for me. I can easily live with the loss because the officiating was so bad.

And by the way Memphis beat LAC today and is slowly creeping up to that 4 spot and solidifying its hold on the 5 spot.

Memphis beats LAC 1st round (as a 4 or 5 seed, IMO), and they'd see the 1st seed second round.

If I had to choose, I'd rather play the Lakers in the second round than Memphis. I'm not sure home court advantage in a hypothetical matchup against OKC in the WCF is worth getting beat up over in a physically draining series against Memphis in round 2.

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Bad officiating isn't about calling something that isn't a foul in reality. Bad officiating comes when you arbitrarily move the benchmark of what constitutes a foul to suit your purposes.

I agree with this. I always say that the things that make officials bad is their propensity to guess too much (usually because they're not in good position to make calls), their inconsistency over the course of a game, and/or their susceptibility to the pressure of a crowd.

50 cent
04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
FWD, I don't recall if it was on here or not, but if so, you would know.

Hasn't there been statistical evidence to show that the the refs are influenced more by the Utah crowd than any other? Something like the Jazz have the biggest differential of fouls called at home versus on the road?

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2012, 11:32 PM
FWD, I don't recall if it was on here or not, but if so, you would know.

Hasn't there been statistical evidence to show that the the refs are influenced more by the Utah crowd than any other? Something like the Jazz have the biggest differential of fouls called at home versus on the road?

If it was posted here, I missed it.

Just quickly crunching some numbers for this season, Utah is called for 20.7 fouls per game at home and 23.3 fouls per game on the road; Utah's opponents are called for 21.6 fouls per game in SLC and 20.1 fouls per game when at home.

Horse
04-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Manu earned them not like harris flopping around like a fish and getting calls with no contact.

Giuseppe
04-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Donut
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Making 4 more shots somewhere throughout the course of the game and they eek out a 1pt win and any bad calls don't matter, tbh. But officials aren't perfect, its just ONE REGULAR SEASON game. Relax.

Magua
04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Some spurfans will never grow out of their small-market inferiority complex where they think the refs are always out to screw them.:lol

Such mentally weak thinking:lol

FromWayDowntown
04-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Making 4 more shots somewhere throughout the course of the game and they eek out a 1pt win and any bad calls don't matter, tbh. But officials aren't perfect, its just ONE REGULAR SEASON game. Relax.

This is absolutely true. There's no way that the officials bear the blame for last night's loss. The game was there for the Spurs to take; the officials didn't cause them to miss the good looks they got in the last 5 minutes of that game.

sa_butta
04-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Agreed, we had some wide open looks toward the end that could have changed the course of the game. That factored with missed rebounds is really what caused us the game. Not a big deal IMO, had more shots fallen in we would have won that game. But losing to Utah on the road without the big 3 by only 7 points is nothing to be upset about.

Magua
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Builds mental toughness.

This thread isn't building any mental toughness, dets for sure:lol

FromWayDowntown
04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
The refs let the Jazz play extremely physical on defense and the Spurs were called for ticky tack crap down the stretch. I know the last few posters didn't watch the game, because it was evident to anyone who did watch it. Even the announcers were noting the discrepancy in the officiating in the 4th Quarter.

I watched the game. I saw what you are talking about. But I disagree that it determined the game. From the time that they went up 74-67 (at the 8:48 mark of the 4th), the Spurs proceeded to shoot 4-17 from the field and score a total of 10 points. You can talk all you want about not getting calls in the paint, but the Spurs were an atrocious 1-8 on long jumpers (missing a couple of 23 footers and going 1-6 from behind the arc during that time). Officiating didn't have anything to do with that.

Horse
04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I watched the game. I saw what you are talking about. But I disagree that it determined the game. From the time that they went up 74-67 (at the 8:48 mark of the 4th), the Spurs proceeded to shoot 4-17 from the field and score a total of 10 points. You can talk all you want about not getting calls in the paint, but the Spurs were an atrocious 1-8 on long jumpers (missing a couple of 23 footers and going 1-6 from behind the arc during that time). Officiating didn't have anything to do with that.
Not necessarily true, I believe when a player knows he's not gonna get calls he will try to avoid contact cause he's not gonna get the call. Therefore they may have settled for long jumpers instead of driving knowing they would be hacked without getting to the line. However in the grand scheme this game meant nothing.

JRHernandez88
04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes bad officiating, I agree. However, we were due for a loss. If this loss takes any pressure of our guys then this is the perfect chance. Utah's not in the playoffs and we just beat them the night before. I'd rather take the loss to them right now rather then go in with a 12 game win streak to play LA and a rested Bryant or rolling Memphis squad. That's just opening the door for a confidence boost against us. Regardless, our big 3 are well rested and will be 100% for this tough b2b. Now let's see what happens.:stirpot: