PDA

View Full Version : Splitter and refs..

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Has any Spurs player in this era received worse officiating, tbh?..

He's constantly getting fouled on offense without receiving a call, he often gets blocked when the opponent uses his body for leverage, he gets fouled when being pushed out of post position..

On the other end, it's even worse..he constantly receives foul calls, despite having his hands up straight and being in position..

It's frustrating to watch, especially when inferior players always receive calls against him..

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I think part of that is just the refs not really knowing who he is. It's like he's getting the rookie treatment even though he's a second year player.

Obstructed_View
04-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Since the refs weren't the ones missing wide open threes and failing to block out, I guess it doesn't really matter.

TE
04-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah it definitely is infuriating, moreso tonight.

rasho8
Refs were bad, but whatever. This was a throwaway game.

Bill_Brasky
The refs were absolute shit.. I'll agree with that.

Shit sucks, what ya gonna do.

Mugen
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I think part of that is just the refs not really knowing who he is. It's like he's getting the rookie treatment even though he's a second year player.

Greg Poppovich.

T Park

What the hell difference does that make?

A foul is a foul...

HarlemHeat37
I'm not only referring to this game, I'm referring to the entire season..

Splitter gets killed by refs, all the time..

I understand when he can't get calls against Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard, but he gets shitted on by refs against inferior bench players..

TE
But in a game like this all you can do is try to make timely shots and execute, two things that the team failed to do late in the game, with the main culprit being you know who.

Spurtacus
04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
refs on the stephen a. smith payroll

Keepin' it real
04-09-2012, 10:24 PM

A foul is a foul...

You're not familiar with the NBA, are you?

100%duncan
04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Refs: He's no Kevin Durant

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM

A foul is a foul...

I'm with you but the officiating in the NBA is really not the best...

Brazil
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Has any Spurs player in this era received worse officiating, tbh?..

He's constantly getting fouled on offense without receiving a call, he often gets blocked when the opponent uses his body for leverage, he gets fouled when being pushed out of post position..

On the other end, it's even worse..he constantly receives foul calls, despite having his hands up straight and being in position..

It's frustrating to watch, especially when inferior players always receive calls against him..

He is not respected by his coach, why would he be respected by the refs?

elemento
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
He needs to complain more like TD. When a player doesn't complain, the refs threat him like shit, especially when the player is unknown.

It was pathetic the numbers of calls he didn't get tonight.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
He is not respected by his coach, why would he be respected by the refs?

Not even respected by Matt Bonner...

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I actually agree with that, Splitter, like Leonard, rarely complains about calls..the best way to get a call in this league, other than the name/logo on your jersey, is working the refs..

I would assume that the coach would complain for him, but I'm not too sure if Pop does, tbh:lol..

ElNono
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Frankly, I pointed this was going to be a problem last season already as a reason why Pop had to give him a good amount of playing time during the regular season.

Getting to know the refs and specially the refs getting to know you is an entire development process that takes time.

SplitterHook
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I actually agree with that, Splitter, like Leonard, rarely complains about calls..the best way to get a call in this league, other than the name/logo on your jersey, is working the refs..

I would assume that the coach would complain for him, but I'm not too sure if Pop does, tbh:lol..

I also agree with this. He's like on FIBA mode... just put your hand up admit the foul and move on, if you don't get the call on offense just sprint back to D...

that's not how nba works.

you have to complain because players molded the refs to think if the player don't complain that means the call was absolutely correct.

like, they see blake griffin complaining on every possession (even after made baskets) and they must think that... if a player doesn't whine it was 100% the correct call.

Josepatches_
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Agree.

But I guess he will earn respect. Right now he's a rookie coming from the bench.

Today he was fouled clearly sometimes with no call but he gets some calls too. It was worse early in the season. I want to believe he's starting to earn that respect.

Josepatches_
04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
I also agree with this. He's like on FIBA mode... just put your hand up admit the foul and move on, if you don't get the call on offense just sprint back to D...

that's not how nba works.

In FIBA you easily get a technical fault when you complain to the refs. Of course some players have more margin but it happens in the NBA too.

mercos
04-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Frankly, I pointed this was going to be a problem last season already as a reason why Pop had to give him a good amount of playing time during the regular season.

Getting to know the refs and specially the refs getting to know you is an entire development process that takes time.

Agreed. He is essentially getting rookie respect (aka none) right now because he only played a handful of minutes last year. The no call before halftime was not just disrespect, it was more like a slap in the face.

Brazil
04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Not even respected by Matt Bonner...

:lolsaw that.. bonner mad at someone on the team :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
refs want jizz in the playoffs...nothing to see here

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 12:16 AM
If Pop had just played him last year he would have more respect.

vander
04-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Bonner used to get whistled any time anyone shot on him and missed, it hasn't been as bad this year

jag
04-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm not only referring to this game, I'm referring to the entire season..

Splitter gets killed by refs, all the time..

I understand when he can't get calls against Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard, but he gets shitted on by refs against inferior bench players..

I rarely if ever complain about refs because it's just part of the game, but I've noticed this the entire season. I'm not really sure what it is but he usually isn't going to get a call unless it's just a blatant hack job. I've noticed this with Duncan a lot too this season.

With Tiago, I always assumed it's because he's always exaggerating slight contact so maybe the refs just see him as a flopper. I'm not sure about Duncan though. I thought maybe the refs were just trying to let post players be more physical but that doesn't make too much sense considering Dwight Howard lives at the line.

Giuseppe
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the offiiciating.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
This thread was created over a year ago, yet the same problem persists, tbh:lol..

I have never seen a Spurs player get less respect from the refs than Splitter..

Obstructed_View
05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
It's probably because he's foreign. He never bitches at the refs he just gives his canned wtf face.
I read his lips after getting hacked and unless there's a word that looks a lot like "fuck" in Brazillian, he knows how to swear.

And Kawhi Leonard has been called for carrying twice in this playoffs. Stef Curry was called zero times. /thread

T Park
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Eh, his fouls last night were legit. Hes gotten away with some physical play on Gasol as well. He got busted for reaching in on Gasol in OT, had he kept his hands up would've been fine.

Hope he keeps doing what he does.

manufan10
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I think last night was more the non-calls that should have been called, tbh.

Brunodf
05-22-2013, 02:16 PM
The only player that gets respect from the refs is Timmy...

HarlemHeat37
05-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Another game where Splitter suffers from phantom fouls, tbh..

Obstructed_View
05-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Splitter's gotten some bum calls, but he's second on the team to Kawhi.

skulls138
05-26-2013, 02:39 AM
I thought they let the officiating go on both sides.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
:lol this thread was created almost 2 years ago and nothing has changed, tbh..

MR-Clutch
04-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Even Kerr called the refs out.

Russ
04-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Splitter is one posterizing play away from getting ref respect.

But until he does it . . .