04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Not in a good way :depressed

Dex
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Dude was off tonight and it showed.

He did not make love to pressure. :(

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
He's a below average jumpshooter right now.

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 10:30 PM
2-13

3 TOs

still better than RJ

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 10:30 PM
2-13

3 TOs

still better than RJ

Bill_Brasky
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Not too worried, probably stems from him not shooting a serious 3 in like 2 months. He has the month to find his shot for the playoffs.

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Not too worried, probably stems from him not shooting a serious 3 in like 2 months. He has the month to find his shot for the playoffs.

I doubt it. He's been shooting bad for years now. Hopefully he catches a hot streak on the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
No, Jackson is a mediocre overall shooter..he's an average shooter, when the big 3 is in and getting him good looks..when he creates his own shot, he's a poor shooter..

As I said in the trade thread, he's a noticeably inferior scorer to RJ..the upgrade comes in defense and toughness, which has been evident, so far..

Leonard is a much better player than Jackson and Green, he should have been playing down the stretch..

spursince#99
04-09-2012, 10:33 PM
he made 2 shoots?

T Park
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I doubt it. He's been shooting bad for years now. Hopefully he catches a hot streak on the playoffs.

Aww manu fan mad...

TwelveGs210
04-09-2012, 10:35 PM
His threatening demeanor towards the refs was worth the price of admission alone.

Nathan89
There is nothing he can do that would make me regret the trade, tbh.

I do hope he start hitting some three though. He had pressure bent over tonight and couldn't get it up.

ElNono
Jack is fine. He didn't have a good game, but a lot of other guys didn't either. It's a lot easier to look good when you play with Manu, tbh

Robz4000
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
SJax > shit > RJ

Nathan89
04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
No, Jackson is a mediocre overall shooter..he's an average shooter, when the big 3 is in and getting him good looks..when he creates his own shot, he's a poor shooter..

As I said in the trade thread, he's a noticeably inferior scorer to RJ..the upgrade comes in defense and toughness, which has been evident, so far..

Leonard is a much better player than Jackson and Green, he should have been playing down the stretch..

inferior shooter? yes. inferior scorer? no, he's a more versatile scorer than Rj.

100%duncan
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Sjax didn't have the testosterone for Pressure tonight

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Aww manu fan mad...

The loss didn't suit you too well right? :lol

Are you trying to argue that Jacskon's shot looks fine or that his 3p numbers the last few years are good?

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
:cry don't go around saying mean things about my Spurs :cry

TD 21
04-09-2012, 10:42 PM

I thought his percentage from three would come close to respectable because he'd get far more wide open, catch and shoot opportunities, with the Spurs. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. And in the absence of that, he's damn near an offensive liability. Sure, he can pass, but as mostly a spot up guy, that's not that important.

I think Pop went with him down the stretch because he still see's him as a guy who can at least partially carry an offense for stretches or for the odd game, but it doesn't appear that he can anymore. He was content to be a spot up guy, even though he's an extremely erratic shooter, had a PF guarding him and Neal was the lone play maker on the floor and was struggling. I also think Pop wants to reward him for being a good teammate so far, so he'll throw him a bone every once in a while to keep him that way.

baseline bum
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Still loving the Jack trade for the defense he brings. We already know his shooting can be hot/cold.

boutons_deux
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
SJax on avg shoots cold, inefficient scorer, check his per season and career avgs.

T Park
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
The loss didn't suit you too well right? :lol

Are you trying to argue that Jacskon's shot looks fine or that his 3p numbers the last few years are good?

I'll take Stephen Jackson taking threes any day of the week.

Airgentina
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
2-13

3 TOs

still better than RJ

Thats a very low bar you have.

xellos88330
He is getting good looks around the rim, he missed at least 4 bunnies today.

DAF86
I'll take Stephen Jackson taking threes any day of the week.

Awesome GNSF comment :tu

timtonymanu
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Yep but still struggling Jax tonight >>>>>> RJ for 2 and a half seasons

DesignatedT
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Awful tonight. Just awful.

timvp
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Sounds like Spurs fans have forgotten how Stephen Jackson plays. Back in 2003, he laid eggs like this all the time. That's part of the package when you have SJax on your team.

Tbh, how he performs as a go-to option is pretty irrelevant in the big picture. What's important is that he plays defense, takes good shots and goes about his business with an edge. Outside of this game, I thought he's done that pretty damn well so far.

Richie
04-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Reminded me a lot of Jefferson @ Portland

DesignatedT
04-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't mind that he had a bad game. That's to be expected at 34 years old. It's the fact that the big 3 were out of the game, Pop inserted him into the SL and obviously relied a ton on him tonight only for him to lay the biggest fuckin egg ever.

timvp
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Reminded me a lot of Jefferson @ Portland

Disagree. RJ in Portland just went through the motions and didn't give any effort.

Tonight, SJax was playing really hard; he just couldn't hit a shot -- whether it was a layup, a midrange jumper or a three. But that has always been the case with him. He went through cold spells like this in his prime as well.

DAF86
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Sounds like Spurs fans have forgotten how Stephen Jackson plays. Back in 2003, he laid eggs like this all the time. That's part of the package when you have SJax on your team.

Tbh, how he performs as a go-to option is pretty irrelevant in the big picture. What's important is that he plays defense, takes good shots and goes about his business with an edge. Outside of this game, I thought he's done that pretty damn well so far.

I agree. I went on record on the game blog saying that S-Jax played well outside of his shooting. BUT, his shooting looks like it has regressed a lot, everytime he goes up for a shot it doesn't even look close to getting in.

DesignatedT
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Sjax made a lot of mistakes all the way around. He didn't play that well in any aspect IMO.

BackHome
04-09-2012, 11:00 PM
To me the biggest issue is that he is not playing regular minutes...How the hell is he going to be ready when Pop is sitting him out games? WTF?

DesignatedT
04-09-2012, 11:00 PM
He looked old as shit tonight. Maybe he should sit out more.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM

No way. Our players need to get in shape so that they can handle more minutes going into the playoffs.

Though Leonard probably should've been in during crunch time...

T Park
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Wtf did you people expect another Manu?

Jackson looks identical to how he did in 2003, IMO better. Jackson of 03 would've chucked up a lot more shots. IE the fake shot pass to Diaw underneath..

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 11:03 PM
To me the biggest issue is that he is not playing regular minutes...How the hell is he going to be ready when Pop is sitting him out games? WTF?

yes he is

L.I.T
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
That was fast.

Guess not a lot of fans remember how streaky Jack actually is, or how many boneheaded TOs he'll have, or how he'll look completely washed up one night and a borderline star the next.

That's Jack.

Edit: What timvp said.

TD 21
04-09-2012, 11:09 PM

Maybe the whole team should sit out more. In fact, maybe none of them should play another game ever again, because they all might die if they're forced to suit up again.

Bryant's old ass can play over 38 mpg, Gasol's slightly younger but still relatively old ass can play over 37 mpg and Bynum's lumbering and might as well be old ass can play over 35 mpg, while mostly remaining injury free, but this team can't continue to play their key guys high 20's - low 30's minutes virtually every game, without sitting them out every few weeks? That makes a lot of sense.

Obviously, how Jackson looks as a go-to guy is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but for all his swagger and toughness, as nice as that is, if he's going to be a closing option, then they need him to not be an offensive liability. I wasn't expecting anywhere near what Jefferson shot from three, but with the looks he get's on this team, there's no excuse to not at least be around 33-35%, which would still put him either below or just at the league average, but make him respectable enough. 28-30% isn't going to cut it.

DesignatedT
04-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I was just being sarcastic but he did look old and slow tonight.

As for us sitting the big 3 out, I don't see how anyone can be against that move except for sitting Tony.

Sitting Manu and Duncan out was undoubtedly the right move. I don't give a shit what Kobe plays. He's a shitload more durable than Manu.

And if I'm not mistaken he's hurt right now.

Arc
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
i wanted pop to play anderson when it was apparent to everyone that jax had nothing to give us tonight. anderson has been doing pretty good in the small amount of time he's played recently.

T Park
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Kobe has say two games in a row out so there goes that clusterfuck of a theory.

mercos
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
He had a poor shooting night, and his passing has been a bit to turnover prone, but I'm still loving the trade. The man has gravitas, and this team needed it. He competed all night, and that is all you can ever ask of a player. Sometimes shots fall, and sometimes they don't. He has performed brilliantly as a role player for the Spurs thus far and will be crucial come playoff time.

siraulo23
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM
2-13

3 TOs

why did we trade for this guy? if rj had an off day shooting he would just pass the ball to other spur

this guy is a ball hog

T Park
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
why did we trade for this guy? if rj had an off day shooting he would just pass the ball to other spur

this guy is a ball hog

Ahhhhhh you ain't foolin me...

Your trollin...

Come on... Admit it...

angelbelow
04-09-2012, 11:29 PM
I was just being sarcastic but he did look old and slow tonight.

As for us sitting the big 3 out, I don't see how anyone can be against that move except for sitting Tony.

Sitting Manu and Duncan out was undoubtedly the right move. I don't give a shit what Kobe plays. He's a shitload more durable than Manu.

And if I'm not mistaken he's hurt right now.

Your sarcasm was poorly executed. I was convinced that you were an idiot and not sarcastic.

I assumed Brasky's thread sarcastic though, he usually has some pretty takes.

Jackson struggled on offense but that was mainly because he had an off night. It wasn't a result of chucking, stupidity, selfishness, trolling etc and that's important to note. He was also one of the only guys trying to execute the offense and not attempt a weak drive to the basket and throw up a prayer (Green and Neal.)

jjktkk
04-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Give me Jack over RJ any day of the week.

TD 21
04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I said "while remaining mostly injury free", geniuses. And let's face it, if Bryant really wanted to, he'd be playing right now. Clearly, Brown, upon consulting with Vitti, thought it would be best to give him a few games off to rest, because of the amount of minutes he plays on a consistent.

The point is, those guys play those minutes literally almost every game, because that team is damn near incapable of winning easily and they're in almost every game. Yet it doesn't really affect their play.

Ditty
04-09-2012, 11:38 PM
i wanted pop to play anderson when it was apparent to everyone that jax had nothing to give us tonight. anderson has been doing pretty good in the small amount of time he's played recently.

I agree, only part that really upset me tonight. Maybe not Jack who did make a few good defensive plays, and shot when open, but Green just pissed me off tonight, and should of took his minutes.

DMC
04-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Dude was off tonight and it showed.

He did not make love to pressure. :(

He did, but he was on the bottom this time.

MaNu4Tres
04-10-2012, 12:09 AM
He's a below average jumpshooter right now.

He's been a below average shooter all year.

At least he competes and knows where to be on D.

Spurs da champs
04-10-2012, 12:10 AM
He's been a below average shooter all year.

At least he competes and knows where to be on D.

Yes he can do no wrong. :rolleyes

SpurCharger
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Capt Jack Will Hit The Big 3 When It Matters...

boutons_deux
04-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Believing fervently always converts the belief into a fact.

NBA.com:stats:sortable player stats and see how far down SJax is in the FG% and 3G% this season.

Same story for his career.

Mel_13
04-10-2012, 10:43 AM
if he never made another shot, he'd still be better than RJ

cd98
04-10-2012, 10:46 AM
if he never made another shot, he'd still be better than RJ

Not that I am a fan of Jefferson, but no question he was shooting the ball better than Jackson this season from behind the arc.

Granted, Jackson is more of a streak shooter than a pure shooter. But he hasn't been all that streaky. Hopefully, he will get on a roll in the next 11 games.

Mel_13
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Not that I am a fan of Jefferson, but no question he was shooting the ball better than Jackson this season from behind the arc.

Granted, Jackson is more of a streak shooter than a pure shooter. But he hasn't been all that streaky. Hopefully, he will get on a roll in the next 11 games.

No doubt that RJ was, and is, a better shooter than Jack.

Despite that, Jack contributes much more to winning than RJ ever did, or could.

shraediggz
04-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Remember all those years Horry started sucking and couldn't buy buckets for 82 games at a time, then all of a sudden he puts up 20 in the playoffs and knocks down a wide open 3....

I'm hoping Jackson's script goes something like that. He's not a guy we need to rely on, only one who may come up big for us in pressure situations, are we to make a proper run at things.

urunobili
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Couldn't care less about this game TBH.

Who's going to foul hard a hot opponent in the Playoffs? since Hory we haven't had an enforcer of this character.

He's not here to hit all his shots GNSFs...

JRHernandez88
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
SJax > shit > RJ

Werddddddd