PDA

View Full Version : Is Bynum the best Center in the NBA?

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
So far this season he has been putting up some solid numbers, and i think as an offensive player, he is much better than dwight howard, no doubt dwight is a more exciting athlete, but bynums got great footwork, some finesse around the rim, and is a lot to handle on d, a few problems with bynum such as his current attitude situation, being fined by the lakers etc.. and his inability to pass out of a double team, other than that, i think hes got a higher skill level than howard..

Stats: 18.5 PPG, 12 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 68% FG not bad..

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
He stinks at passing out of a double team. His attitude stinks too. For a guy who's going to be handed the keys of the Lakers franchise, he's still got a long ways from it.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
He stinks at passing out of a double team. His attitude stinks too. For a guy who's going to be handed the keys of the Lakers franchise, he's still got a long ways from it.

i really thought he had matured, but lately, im 2nd guessing myself.. i feel like he could be so much better.

pass1st
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Bynum has a higher ceiling, but maturity and health will dictate whether or not he can get up there.

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Me too. Yeah he's a kid and all but we aren't going to wait at his pace for him to grow up.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
apparently, he loves xbox live, and sports cars...

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Also loves parking at handicapped parking slots.

Dunc n Dave
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
So far this season he has been putting up some solid numbers, and i think as an offensive player, he is much better than dwight howard, no doubt dwight is a more exciting athlete, but bynums got great footwork, some finesse around the rim, and is a lot to handle on d, a few problems with bynum such as his current attitude situation, being fined by the lakers etc.. and his inability to pass out of a double team, other than that, i think hes got a higher skill level than howard..

Stats: 18.5 PPG, 12 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 68% FG not bad..

Take Kobe off that team and Bynum averages 26+ ppg. But like Venti already said, he can't pass out of a double team.

If Kobe doesn't play, expect constant double teams on Bynum on Wed night.

baseline bum
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM

You're kind of out of touch if you associate XBox with kids. The video games industry didn't overtake Hollywood because of the kids.

Nathan89
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Bynum getting exposed without Kobe. The last two games he had a shitty fg% and that rarely happens. Coincidence? Perhaps.

pass1st
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Bynum getting exposed without Kobe. The last two games he had a shitty fg% and that rarely happens. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Can't handle doubles

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Can't handle doubles

can dwight handle doubles? no one is really answering the question.. just bynum bashing.

namlook
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
can dwight handle doubles? no one is really answering the question.. just bynum bashing.

Dwight passes out of double teams far more effectively than Bynum does. Bynum gets doubled for two games with Kobe gone and has one assist.

lefty
04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
If he had 1/4 of Howard's work ethic, he would shit on him

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM

That's why he is surrounded by shooters...

ElNono
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Bynum can certainly handle double cheeseburgers...

pass1st
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Bynum can certainly handle double cheeseburgers...

I bet Bonner can make one heck of a Double Cheese & Bacon

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Those double titties make it hard for him to move through double teams. It gets stuck; he doesn't want to feel violated.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
That's why he is surrounded by shooters...

which means he can pass to anyone... and hell trust they will knock it down, lakers have no one to pass to that can. cept for kobe. and in bynums defense, this is the first year he has seen doubles like this, howards been seeing them for quite some time now.

pass1st
04-09-2012, 11:10 PM
which means he can pass to anyone... and hell trust they will knock it down, lakers have no one to pass to that can. cept for kobe. and in bynums defense, this is the first year he has seen doubles like this, howards been seeing them for quite some time now.

Sessions is a pretty sure bet to pass out of a double to, tbh.

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
which means he can pass to anyone...
Proof that he's better at passing out of double teams than Drew.

and hell trust they will knock it down, lakers have no one to pass to that can. cept for kobe.
That is no excuse for him not to work on that facet of his game.

and in bynums defense, this is the first year he has seen doubles like this, howards been seeing them for quite some time now.
He should be expecting doubles every night and working on how to take advantage of it. He's not some scrub who teams will leave wide open.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Sessions is a pretty sure bet to pass out of a double to, tbh.

hes not going to be the guy thats sitting waiting for a shot, hes running around making things happen, rarely does sessions get a open spot of jumper.

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I bet Bonner can make one heck of a Double Cheese & Bacon

If only he would just retire and open a sammich shop already

Spurs9
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Bynum needs to way more mature and mentally tough, hes a man child

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
The other criticism with Bynumite is that he can get lazy. He could be a monster on the defensive end, but he constantly gets lit up by smaller guys. And you can tell it's effort, because when he's pissed he really gives you the extra effort.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Proof that he's better at passing out of double teams than Drew.

That is no excuse for him not to work on that facet of his game.

He should be expecting doubles every night and working on how to take advantage of it. He's not some scrub who teams will leave wide open.

1.well its easier to pass out of a double when u know the first guy open you see you can pass it to, but to sit and survey the floor takes time, he has to find the right shooter. which usually ends up in a bail out shot.
2.im sure he will work on it, and get better, hes only getting better
3. the NBA is full of ballers, they are not scrubs like u said, it takes time to develop that quick mindset, quick reactions, these guys are good.

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
And you can tell it's effort, because when he's pissed he really gives you the extra effort.

When he's pissed, he also has a penchant for committing cheap technical fouls. Case in point, last Friday.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
When he's pissed, he also has a penchant for committing cheap technical fouls. Case in point, last Friday.

which foul? i thought he has been pretty good this year.

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:17 PM

I just think sometimes it looks like he's bored out there... plenty of times you see him not even running back on D...

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM
which foul? i thought he has been pretty good this year.

The T he committed for trash-talking the Rox bench...the one that got him thrown out.

Venti Quattro
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I just think sometimes it looks like he's bored out there... plenty of times you see him not even running back on D...

:lmao det Clippers game

He was lucky that the Clippers were dumb to take an early shot which led to a Pau rebound and his lazy ass got easy two points from it.

whitemamba
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
The T he committed for trash-talking the Rox bench...the one that got him thrown out.

lol yeah, but everyone talks, thats not worth getting ejected.. come on

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:32 PM
:lmao det Clippers game

He was lucky that the Clippers were dumb to take an early shot which led to a Pau rebound and his lazy ass got easy two points from it.

Yeah, but that's your defensive anchor right there... frankly, both Rox and Suns got whatever they wanted inside. Layup parade. Bynum can be dominant on D, but sometimes you have to wonder where is his head at.