PDA

View Full Version : Believe 2012 - The Last Stand

timvp
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Without the Big 3, the Spurs put up a great fight against a desperate Jazz team. They didn't get the W but a few breaks here and there and things would have been different. Regardless, there was a ton of heart on display and a tough-mindedness that has me believing in this team again.

Let's be honest, if Tim Duncan is going to win a fifth NBA championship ring, this is his final hope. He's not getting any younger and neither are his two star sidekicks. And when whole, this team has shown the ability to play with any team in the league.

If the Spurs can stay healthy, get vintage play out of the Big 3 and have their role players step up when needed, I believe the 2012 Spurs can achieve their goal.

For the final time:

Believe.

:hat

Sa_Spursfan20
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
:flag:

Dex
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Red five, standing by.

Believe is in the air.

spursince#99
04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
We shall win a ring. My word is bond homie :toast

DontStopBelieving
But.. But.. The sky is falling!

Mel_13
I'm ok with irrational optimism.

Believe

TE
Good thread for all those spoiled fans who enter tantrum mode after a spurs loss. :tu

timtonymanu
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Believe.

Yeah the loss sucked. Yeah, Jax and Green sucked. Yeah, Bonner once again missed clutch baskets.

But this was a bench (well most of it) that got it's ass beat by 40 against Portland. They played hard all night and almost got the win.

I'm liking the team chemistry right before the playoffs. :toast

Robz4000
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Agreed. Spurs got this shit on lock. :lobt2:

InTheCrust
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
:cry :cry :cry

CubanMustGo
Believe.

100%duncan
It started with it. It ends with it.

rold50
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Believe!

Manu-20
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
yup agree with all this couldnt believe though how much some fans on this site were crying and bitching over this loss if anyting this game showed how real the spurs are to go on the road without the big three and almost win even with the refs screwing us is pretty amazing feat in itself
and GO SPRUS GO :flag:

DPG21920
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM

Believe

:lol so I bet you thought I was really irrational when I said they would make a trade and it would lead to a title.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm definitely all in on this, love this team. :tu

:lobt2:

DPG21920
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Without the Big 3, the Spurs put up a great fight against a desperate Jazz team. They didn't get the W but a few breaks here and there and things would have been different. Regardless, there was a ton of heart on display and a tough-mindedness that has me believing in this team again.

Let's be honest, if Tim Duncan is going to win a fifth NBA championship ring, this is his final hope. He's not getting any younger and neither are his two star sidekicks. And when whole, this team has shown the ability to play with any team in the league.

If the Spurs can stay healthy, get vintage play out of the Big 3 and have their role players step up when needed, I believe the 2012 Spurs can achieve their goal.

For the final time:

Believe.

Although that last 6 minutes was the opposite.

But overall, this team is edgy and passionate. They fight hard.

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
:lol so I bet you thought I was really irrational when I said they would make a trade and it would lead to a title.

Nah, just figured you were trolling.......

ElNono
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
It's a talented team. I'm not sold yet it's going to be used in the way that leads me to Believe

So, I'll keep you posted, tbh

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 10:50 PM
It's a talented team. I'm not sold yet it's going to be used in the way that leads me to Believe

Because it needed to be said twice.

TD 21
04-09-2012, 10:53 PM
"A great fight", "a few breaks here and there". How about this: They choked away a very winnable game down the stretch again while shorthanded (they've pulled that off so many times the last few seasons that I've lost count), couldn't get a call to save their lives, went a decent way towards throwing away their chance at home court throughout and thus made the road to the Finals that much more difficult.

And it's "The Last Stand", based on what? It's only "the last stand" depending on whether Duncan drops off by a decent margin next season and depending on how worn out Ginobili and Parker are after the Olympics. When will people learn that you can't just predetermine their demise because of Duncan's and to a lesser extent, Ginobili's birth dates? You've got to base it on their level of play. Every year they prove people wrong, yet the following season people write them off again.

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 10:54 PM

Because it needed to be said twice.

Get with program.

Even if you're absolutely convinced that the talent won't be used the right way, you Believe.

That's the power of Believe

Keepin' it real
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
You're a fool to believe as long as Bonner remains a significant contributor. -- Captain Obvious

timvp
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
*taking notes*

Borosai
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
If the 3 are healthy, they will play hard. The others will follow.

I Billeedat.

T Park
You're a fool to believe as long as Bonner remains a significant contributor. -- Captain Obvious

Yeah a guy playing 15 to 20 mins is gonna kill their chances...

TheSkeptic
Get with program.

Even if you're absolutely convinced that the talent won't be used the right way, you Believe.

:lol Yes Mel.

Believe. :toast

DPG21920
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Nah, just figured you were trolling.......

:rollin

Spurtacus
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Drive for five.

Believe.

DPG21920
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
*taking notes*

Fuk yo notes clown

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:04 PM

10-15 probably not. 15-20... that's almost 40% of every game...

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Get with program.

:lol

I do agree that this is probably as close as it's going to get for Timmy as far as reaching #5... especially with this whack ass season.

T Park
04-09-2012, 11:06 PM
10-15 probably not. 15-20... that's almost 40% of every game...

True, if that.

Against bigger teams Splitter will take the minutes, against the others, Diaw.

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
True, if that.

Against bigger teams Splitter will take the minutes, against the others, Diaw.

I'll Believe it when I see it

Mel_13
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM

:lol

jjktkk
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Definitely have to be impressed with this teams depth this year.

Mugen
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM

Brazil
04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm like ElNono on this one.. not sold yet..

timvp
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Last season's team never had me believing even though they started 58-3 or whatever it was. This team is starting to get that well-oiled-machine type vibe that's needed in the playoffs. Tonight, even though the results weren't always good, the Spurs were running Pop's plays to perfection time and time again.

And really, where this team failed tonight are areas where the Big 3 flourish. Tonight, the team couldn't score in halfcourt sets -- and that's what Manu and TP are for. They also couldn't get a rebound but that goes to show why Duncan's domination of the defensive glass has been so vital this year.

I believe that if the Big 3 is still good enough to cause a lot of damage in the playoffs as long as they're healthy and have determined, steely-eyed role players next to them. :tu

DontStopBelieving
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
<------

Mugen
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
and have determined, steely-eyed role players next to them. :tu

With one unbelievably glaring exception.

But i'm with you.

jjktkk
04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Get with program.

The good reverend Mel getting up in Spurfans grill. :tu

DPG21920
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm a trend setter.

Spursfanfromafar
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I think personnel, chemistry, coaching staff, and Basketball IQ wise - this team makes me believe that a championship is in the offing.

My optimism is guarded though, as match-ups (resurgent Grizzlies, front-court strong Lakers) are still somewhat of a worry. We will get some answers in the yet to be played 3 games against the Lakers and one against the Grizzlies in the second half of a back-to-back after Lakers.

If the Spurs win next two games (against Lakers, Grizz) both and they split the next 2 with the Lakers, nothing should stop them from winning except for bad health.

jjktkk
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Last season's team never had me believing even though they started 58-3 or whatever it was. This team is starting to get that well-oiled-machine type vibe that's needed in the playoffs. Tonight, even though the results weren't always good, the Spurs were running Pop's plays to perfection time and time again.

And really, where this team failed tonight are areas where the Big 3 flourish. Tonight, the team couldn't score in halfcourt sets -- and that's what Manu and TP are for. They also couldn't get a rebound but that goes to show why Duncan's domination of the defensive glass has been so vital this year.

I believe that if the Big 3 is still good enough to cause a lot of damage in the playoffs as long as they're healthy and have determined, steely-eyed role players next to them. :tu

Its hard to explain, but this does fell like a different team than last years team. Besides the additions of Leonard, Jack, Diaw, and Mills, the rest of the team seems to have a different mindset. They seem pissed about last years early playoff exit and look to show the league they are legit.

crc21209
04-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm in! :tu Hell, the Spurs BENCH had an 8-point lead on the road against an always tough Jazz team at home in the 4th qtr. Pretty damn good if you ask me. :tu I mean come on, the Spurs #1 options on Offense tonight were Neal, Splitter, Green, and Jackson. Guys who are used to being 3, 4, and 5 options... This team showed alot of guts and heart tonight, something we couldnt say about this team last year....

siraulo23
04-09-2012, 11:26 PM
For the final time:

Believe.

final time?

you dont think the spurs got a shot in the next couple of years?

ElNono
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM

They're a much better team than last season. But setting the bar to last season is fairly low, IMO. That team was called out even before the playoffs started due to the fool's gold, and the early playoff exit (2x as embarrassing seeing how the other team actually tanked to land us) simply confirmed that.
Heck, it even had you thinking if it was time to blow it up for about 2 hours there.

I do think this team is much better positioned not to repeat last season's quick exit, but at the same time, extending that to the ship is kind of a too big leap of faith for me now, especially with certain softies/undersized guys getting extra burn...

Now, if those guys surprisingly produce at a good rate in the playoffs (would be a first for them), or Pop minimizes the damage caused by poor production from those guys, then I think we have as good a shot as any other team. I'm just not sold either one of those is going to happen at this point in time, and Pop hasn't yet stopped tinkering with the lineups.

DMC
04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't believe they will win a ring. I hope they do, and I think they possibly can, and I will be pulling for them rain or shine, but I never believed it even in the years they won it. In the Finals in 2007, that was the only time I felt for certain they would win. Every other time they were getting across by the skin of their teeth.

This year in the West is our best chance in a long time to get to the Finals, but beating Miami would be a hell of a feat.

Ice009
04-09-2012, 11:32 PM

15-20 minutes. That's a lot of court time that could cost you a game. How long do you think NBA games go for?

Brazil
04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I have still my doubts I don't see Green as a 25 - 30 mn PO guy, I don't see the Spurs having a chance against the biggest front court with Blair and Matt playing 35 mn and Tiago playing 10 to 15 mn a game, still not sold on neal for backup pg duties, I'm not sure our D will be there... but its true this team is much better than last year... big difference is we are winning games even on bad 3s shooting night.

WCF still the ceiling for me at this point.

DAF86
04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm not so sure this is the last stand. Next year Tony, Manu and Tim should produce more or less the same numbers and players like Leonard and Splitter should get bigger roles. Plus the "Blair conundrum" shuld be non-existent by then. I think the window is still open next season.

jmard5
04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Drive for five! Believe.

Spurs da champs
04-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I want to say believe, but Pop's coaching over the last couple of years leaves me with realistic doubt.

TD 21
04-09-2012, 11:45 PM
final time?

No.

With Duncan, at barely 36 and Ginobili, at almost 35, they're still contenders. But when Duncan is well into 36 and Ginobili is well into 35, they've got no shot.

Don't you know that when NBA players make that quantum leap 200 or so days forward past 35, they automatically go from stars to non stars?

Ice009
04-09-2012, 11:46 PM
It's all about rotations IMO. I gotta see some decent rotations.

How much time would be needed to build cohesiveness for the playoffs? When does he need to go to a playoff rotation?

roycrikside
04-10-2012, 12:01 AM

For the final time:

Believe.

I still think HCA is vital against OKC and Mia. Less sold whether we need it to beat Chicago, but I doubt the Bulls will beat the Heat anyway.

The Spurs battle plan is to stay even with the starters and destroy the other teams when the bench units play. However, here's where that plan fizzles: OKC and Miami have goddamn freaks on their team.

Durant and Westbrook, especially, are so young that they never seem to sweat or get tired, and Brooks knows he's got garbage behind them. They might get a couple of token minutes off in the first half, but I absolutely expect both of them to play the entire 24 minutes of the second half. When you count all the extra timeouts and commercial breaks people get in the playoffs, fatigue will not be an issue for them.

With Miami, it's pretty much the same thing. LeBron wears down mentally at times, but physically the dude just doesn't get tired.

We need every edge we can get . Our role players play with more confidence at home and shoot better. We need to shoot for HCA. If we have to be the 2 seed and play at OKC, it will be tough to have hope, especially with the knowledge that ESPN/ABC DOES NOT WANT US IN THE FINALS. I'm expecting the refs in the playoffs will be like the ones we had at Utah tonight, tbh.

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Staying even with the other team's starters is a retarded plan. The starters should create a lead and the bench should just maintain or grow that lead. That's why teams start their best players.

Cow Eye
04-10-2012, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wVZwdHmRY)

vander
04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't believe, but oh dear god how I desperately hope

Tebow beat the Steelers, anything is possible...

and the Spurs were God's team first anyways, what with Avery and Robinson and Texas and whatever :drunk

chazley
04-10-2012, 01:22 AM
This team has two realistic chances to win a championship with this team: this year and next. This definitely isn't the last stand with this core.

timvp
04-10-2012, 01:23 AM
final time?

I truly believe this is their last legit chance that doesn't require a miracle. Duncan is turning back the clock with all of his might to play at a high enough level. It'll be difficult for him to hold back Father Time for the rest of this season ... much less going into next year.

100%duncan
04-10-2012, 01:24 AM
LJ can you post your avatar?

loveforthegame
04-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Believe.

Go Spurs!!

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 01:44 AM
I truly believe this is their last legit chance that doesn't require a miracle. Duncan is turning back the clock with all of his might to play at a high enough level. It'll be difficult for him to hold back Father Time for the rest of this season ... much less going into next year.

That's why the idea of limiting Splitter's minutes because of Duncan is so retarded. Why would you limit Splitter's effectiveness when it could be combined with Duncan's and reduce minutes for Bonner/Blair?

TheSkeptic
04-10-2012, 01:47 AM
That's why the idea of limiting Splitter's minutes because of Duncan is so retarded. Why would you limit Splitter's effectiveness when it could be combined with Duncan's and reduce minutes for Bonner/Blair?

I'm 100% with you but perhaps a little optimism is warranted here.

Pop saw the same thing we did last year against Memphis and although it took him a little while to see Splitter needed to play he eventually did it.

So it stands to reason that this year he'll give it a try sooner rather than waiting until the team's almost eliminated. I'm hoping anyway.

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm 100% with you but perhaps a little optimism is warranted here.

Pop saw the same thing we did last year against Memphis and although it took him a little while to see Splitter needed to play he eventually did it.

So it stands to reason that this year he'll give it a try sooner rather than waiting until the team's almost eliminated. I'm hoping anyway.

I still think Pop really doesn't think much of Splitter. He always makes it seem like Tiago was injured most of last year. I believe if Dice hadn't retired Tiago would probably still be treated like the 5th big.

UnWantedTheory
04-10-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm on board, but I will also say that I believe they have just as good a chance next year as this year. I don't think TD, Gino, & TP's production is going to fall off too drastically and we still have some talent with room to grow. I am really excited to see how Kawhi develops, if Splitter gets the PT he deserves, and what else is going to happen with our bigs roatation next year.

100%duncan
04-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Next year we will be 2nd round fodder at best

TheSkeptic
04-10-2012, 02:15 AM
I still think Pop really doesn't think much of Splitter. He always makes it seem like Tiago was injured most of last year. I believe if Dice hadn't retired Tiago would probably still be treated like the 5th big.

I agree with this which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Tiago eventually went to Houston (since it seems like our bigs always go to other Texas teams at a discount and Ian's already in Dallas) and blew up.

Thing is, even if he doesn't like Splitter he won't have a choice but to play him in the playoffs. The fact that he turned to Tiago when the team was in trouble last year suggests that Pop knows he's an effective player on some level. Bonner and Blair likely won't play all that well again so Pop will be forced to play him eventually.

PublicOption
04-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Red five, standing by.

Believe is in the air.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVGJwCer7KCFmo6gPZdXmqUiGxb0yl_ XdFoKZuaHAC1tzaFlUJHQ

8FOR!3
04-10-2012, 02:41 AM
tbh all this thread needs is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhTk0IynHM

And probably Kenny Powers too.

Believe.

PublicOption
04-10-2012, 02:47 AM
http://actionrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/braveheart-featured.gif

PublicOption
04-10-2012, 02:48 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT55c96B2y2rXoW5Bfxaixc68zC6My2I JGy70ttyUAwmp5CuUnz

benefactor
04-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Believe. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193469)

Kuestmaster
04-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I believed when we were an eight seed, so of course I believe now.
Go Spurs Go!!:downspin:

Rapper
04-10-2012, 06:17 AM
It started with it. It ends with it.

Darkwaters
04-10-2012, 06:29 AM
http://www.sermonview.com/cart/images/ItsStillOpen.lg.jpg

Darkwaters
04-10-2012, 06:35 AM
The last stand

http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/4/41/Last_Stand.png

MoSpur
04-10-2012, 06:41 AM
:toast

Danny.Zhu
04-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Go Spurs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-10-2012, 08:34 AM
In respect of the Spurs' 15 year run of competitiveness (for the most part), I will not troll you guys for a couple days after they're booted from the playoffs.

Ya'll had a nice run, though:toast

DBMethos
04-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Despite the loss last night, I saw a resolve in our guys that makes me believe that this year will be different. We really had no business being in a game like that, without our Big 3, with the Jazz fighting for their playoff lives, and in one of the toughest road arenas...yet we were up by 8 in the fourth quarter. A few different bounces go our way (and maybe some whistles...) and we'd be talking about a W instead of a close loss.

One for the thumb, baby.

shraediggz
04-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely cheering for this team to succeed.

I mean, who wants their team to fail (seems a lot of people do). Realistic expectations or not, whatever happened to rooting for the underdog. You can always hope or want your favorite team to do well. Where's the fun in predicting gloom and doom? Are people so fragile that they can't handle the let down of quietly hoping for their teams success?

Either way, if we lock this one up at the end of the year, any chance they call this group of Spurs (past and present) "The Lockout Dynasty". 5 ships between lockouts wouldn't be a bad way to go out for Duncan and company.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
There is no doubt in my mind the Spurs are positioned as well as, if not better than, any other team in the league to win the title this year. If we can stay healthy I fully expect us to make a serious run at #5. Even objectively as an NBA fan, not a Spurs fan, my money would absolutely be on the silver and black this year.

BELIEVE.

hooperflash
04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Believe

spurs10
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Believe

T Park
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
My believe factor will be determinant on the next three in 4...

Spurs Brazil
04-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Believe.

lurker23
04-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm not convinced that this is their last chance. Next year, at least a couple of Leonard, Green, Splitter, Blair, Neal, and/or Mills will be a year better. All of those guys could have benefitted from a full summer of Spurs training, and they'll get that in the summer of 2012 (with the possible exception of the Olympics- impossible to say whether that will be a benefit or a hinderance to certain players). Also hard to say what the Big 3 will do; while decline sounds logical, all 3 have shown signs that they're still capable of All-Star level play.

All this said, I've always been one to Believe. This team is deep, this team is talented, and this team is motivated. The rest of the league is tired, and Pop's troops are fresh. If ever there was a time to seize the day, that time is now.

Carpe diem.

Believe.

ViceCity84
04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
How many of you were high on Spurs in 07 and 03 going into playoffs?
Be honest.I was worried in 07,more so than 2012.

ace3g
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I feel this team has the pieces to make defensive stops when it matters in the 4th quarter (not a full 48 min defensive force). Their bench (probably best in the league), basically another starting line up. Unlike most of the years I thought the Spurs had a chance, match ups in the playoffs will be more of a factor. Biggest question mark, what rotations will Pop use in the playoffs, especially against teams with a big frontline.

shraediggz
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM

07' was something different for me. I didn't get to follow much basketball that year, was basically stuck working late shifts 6 nights a week for a thankless job. It wasn't so kind on my social life or hobbies, but I got to bank a bit of cash whilst doing it.

I was heading home one night and managed to catch the tail end of the Spurs/Suns Game .. I told myself, if the Spurs win this series, I'm quitting my job and heading to San Antonio to catch the finals.

A few days later, I handed in my resignation and it wasn't long after that I booked 3 weeks at the Radisson near the UTS Campus. I paid through the nose for tickets to games 1 and 2 of the finals, but hell, I was in San Antonio when the Spurs were closing out the series against the Cavs, just a beautiful thing to be a part of. The city went nuts. I'd do it all over again if I could.

It's hard not to believe in this current group we've got going.

TheSkeptic
04-10-2012, 07:13 PM
07' was something different for me. I didn't get to follow much basketball that year, was basically stuck working late shifts 6 nights a week for a thankless job. It wasn't so kind on my social life or hobbies, but I got to bank a bit of cash whilst doing it.

I was heading home one night and managed to catch the tail end of the Spurs/Suns Game .. I told myself, if the Spurs win this series, I'm quitting my job and heading to San Antonio to catch the finals.

A few days later, I handed in my resignation and it wasn't long after that I booked 3 weeks at the Radisson near the UTS Campus. I paid through the nose for tickets to games 1 and 2 of the finals, but hell, I was in San Antonio when the Spurs were closing out the series against the Cavs, just a beautiful thing to be a part of. The city went nuts. I'd do it all over again if I could.

What an interesting story. Thanks for sharing. :toast

Mel_13
04-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Awesome story.

Did you go the viewing party at the ATT Center for Game 4?

smeagol
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Yo creo!

z0sa
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Always standing at the ready!

phxspurfan
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
phxspurfan is in for the final charge!

Stump
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Like a few others here, I don't think this will necessarily be our last stand. If that was the case, it would certainly make the next couple months feel a lot more dramatic, and thus more exciting in general, but the Spurs FO has just been too good for me to believe that.

Think about how things looked during the summer of 2008. All our role-players from the '08 playoff run were old as dirt (Bowen, Horry, Oberto, Thomas, Vaughn, Barry, Finley). It was obvious that these guys were in serious decline, and that those who didn't retire would struggle to contribute in the future.

In regards to young prospects, the outlook was pretty bleak. Recently selected George Hill looked like a reach after struggling in the summer league. Splitter had just denied us to stay in Europe. Our '09 first round pick had already been traded away. Things were so pathetic that Spurstalk was hailing Ian freaking Mahinmi as the team's savior. Ouch.

I assumed it was the end of the era. I figured the Spurs would be a non-contending playoff team for another three years and then collapse and start to rebuild.

Looking back? Boy, was I wrong. Based on my '08 estimate, we would be in the lottery this year. Instead, the FO has rebuilt this team into a contender once again. I'm confident that this organization will continue to make smart moves for the coming seasons just as they have for this year. I'm not saying that every gamble will pan out, but we'll win more than our fair share of them.

I believe in the 2012 run for the Spurs, but I also believe in a bright future.

timvp
04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
^ You can replace role players. You can't replace Tim Duncan. The next two and a half months will probably be the last time Tim Duncan is Tim Duncan.

Ghjkll
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
And this is probably the case with Manu, too. Given his history of injuries and with the Olympics coming after the season is over...I think that this is the last chance for him to shine and play like an all-star. A championship this year and another medal would be the ideal way for his career to end...Let's hope this happens.

pawe
04-11-2012, 12:41 AM
<<<< One of the few people left in AZ still believing. Get one more for TD.

Fpoonsie
04-11-2012, 12:49 AM
^ You can replace role players. You can't replace Tim Duncan. The next two and a half months will probably be the last time Tim Duncan is Tim Duncan.

Damn. This is...depressing.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Broken record: Healthy and playing well in the playoffs, I'll take 'em. Probably the last time anyone has a chance to beat Miami for the next several years.

TE
04-11-2012, 12:56 AM

+1

It's sad that it's come to this realization but it's the way it is. Every hall of famer has his beginning and end. This is the last year, I believe, we get to see him fully bring it unabated by other circumstances (health, age, decline, etc).

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Broken record: Healthy and playing well in the playoffs, I'll take 'em. Probably the last time anyone has a chance to beat Miami for the next several years.

Till the Heat fill their PG and C spots they're pretty vulnerable.

jiggy_55
04-11-2012, 02:45 AM

We've been saying it for 2 years or so now and he still keeps bringing it. I can see him playing at a similar level next season, remember this is a lockout season so he's been taking a harder toll than usual. The Spurs will probably have even more frontcourt help then Tim has had this season (until now with the addition of Diaw), I can see them start the season with 5 bigs as the team has now and Duncan can afford a bit more rest even. Plus a full season isn't as taxing on a body as this lockout season has been with the 4 games in 5 nights, or 5 games in 6 nights, or 6 games in 8 nights and back-to-back-to-back's etc... These are not a usual part of most regular season schedules, excluding the occasional 4 games in 5 nights.

JRHernandez88
04-11-2012, 07:26 AM
I Believe.:nerd

shraediggz
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Awesome story.

Did you go the viewing party at the ATT Center for Game 4?

Yes, I was lucky enough to find my way to the ATT when they closed out the series (courtesy of two posters here, don't see em around here these days though, blondie and icemanfan).

Tons of fun, I thought I might have to go to bed once I got back to my hotel room that night, but as it turns out, once I got to my room, I could hear a parade of cars tooting their horns from about a block away. I followed the noise and found crowds of people celebrating in the streets-all night long.

Also had good times at the River-Walk parade.

I'm looking forward to the next celebration (whether I'm there or not, I know the city will be living it up).

manufan10
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I think we just had a Journey moment:

http://www.jezebelmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dsbsingle.jpg

manufan10
04-11-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.atomicdesign.net/images/portfolios/Drive%20For%20Five/drive-for-five-sm.jpg

Stump
04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
We've already seen this change in Duncan on the offensive end. The team now runs through Parker instead of Duncan. Based on this change, you might think that our run as a contender is over, and yet here we are.

Next year we will still have three team-oriented stars. We will also still have the best coach in the game (a hugely neglected strength of SA) and the best FO. The bench will still be dynamite and with luck we'll add a couple more pieces like Lorbek.

No way will we be the favorite, but with good health and a little luck we can be a genuine threat in the west.

urunobili
04-11-2012, 11:03 AM
DF5 sounds like the name of a band!!! :)

szkorhetz
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
After the mavs got beaten out, I knew, we will win that.
Before that, I had worries too.

TDomination
04-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't how its going to happen but i BELIEVE it will.

Spurs will add a 5th this year!

And then we will repeat next year with Duncan leaving the NBA as a 6time champion

Keepin' it real
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
For those who are saying "Believe," please be aware that this is really what you're saying:

I BELIEVE in Matt Bonner.

Do any of you care to amend your "Believe" statement or offer evidence as to why you suddenly believe in the greatest playoff choker of our generation?

http://hoopsbetting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/matt_bonner_spurs_missing_hero.png

manufan10
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
For those who are saying "Believe," please be aware that this is really what you're saying:

Do any of you care to amend your "Believe" statement or offer evidence as to why you suddenly believe in the greatest playoff choker of our generation?

http://hoopsbetting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/matt_bonner_spurs_missing_hero.png

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/images/dont-tread-on-me-s.gif

http://newspaper.li/static/9ed35af61530d734ba9b3f76715b523a.jpg

biziofromdowntown
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
i belive

Keepin' it real
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/Don%27t_Stop_Believin%27.jpg/220px-Don%27t_Stop_Believin%27.jpg

LakerHater
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
LJ can you post your avatar?

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/c04a7293e7b.jpg

Mel_13
04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Still irrationally optimistic.

Still Believe

hater
04-12-2012, 09:31 AM
with this Manu and Blair/Bonner playing major minutes there is not a chance.

stop dreaming.

rmt
04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
with this Manu and Blair/Bonner playing major minutes there is not a chance.

stop dreaming.

This. Manu needs a lot of court time to get in rhythm. IIRC, it took him up to the ASB from the beginning of the season to get into a groove and really play well. Spurs are going to need that Manu (the one before he signed his last extension) to make some noise.

Enough of the babying of minutes and egos (Blair/Bonner). SJax and Diaw need more minutes too to integrate and most of all, PLAY SPLITTER MAJOR MINUTES (and with TD). Hopefully, it's not too late and they'll have a long playoff run to gel. Rest is not going to help if they get bounced in the second round by a big front line.

team-work
04-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Just like every year, believe until the last second, either getting a championship :lobt2: or eliminated.

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 09:47 AM
It's hard to believe when our head coach is stuck in his ways and doesn't learn. I can only HOPE last night was a wake up call for him cause Clearly last years playoffs weren't.

Nothing against Blair. He can't be the one to blame for his height. Pop needs to start Splitter with Timmy. They have 10 games left. They need to seriously get it done. Blair will flourish with Manu off the bench. I don't get what is so difficult about this.

You have Tim/Tiago play the Hi-Low action. Tim is shooting a ton of shots anyway, and Tiago is a post player. They are both very good passers.

gameFACE
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Still Believe

Me too. I mean, what's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over ago expecting different results. We're undersized. But I love the movie Rudy. I still believe!

(of course if they lose to Memphis tonight the team will go into a tailspin and another 1st round exit)

LongtimeSpursFan
04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Me too. I mean, what's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over ago expecting different results. We're undersized. But I love the movie Rudy. I still believe!

(of course if they lose to Memphis tonight the team will go into a tailspin and another 1st round exit)

OKC has lost 4 out of last 5 or something like that. Does that send them into tailspin and 1st round exit as well? They seem to be struggling moreso than the Spurs.

Brutalis
04-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Believe

TJastal
04-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Still Believe

It would be so cool if these messageboard mantra's actually worked.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
It would be so cool if these messageboard mantra's actually worked.It would be so cool if these message board coaching and GMing actually worked too.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
A loss to Memphis might not be so bad. It might cause Pop to actually consider changing the starting lineup.

Obstructed_View
04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Till the Heat fill their PG and C spots they're pretty vulnerable.

They're the best defense I've seen this year, and it's not really close.

Keepin' it real
04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
A loss to Memphis might not be so bad. It might cause Pop to actually consider changing the starting lineup.

If losing to Memphis in the playoffs last season did not cause Pop to change the starting lineup, do you really think a loss in a regular-season game will have a greater influence on his approach??

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
If losing to Memphis in the playoffs last season did not cause Pop to change the starting lineup, do you really think a loss in a regular-season game will have a greater influence on his approach??

Two curb stomps in a row might get it done. I feel the Grizzlies series was too close in Pop's mind for him to realize his gameplan was wrong.

Mel_13
04-18-2012, 09:03 AM

Still Believe

Believe

Mel_13
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Any new Believers?

timvp
04-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Please please please please please please please please please please stay healthy.

Please.

ducks
04-20-2012, 11:31 PM
spurs 5 ring this season
ducks guarantees it

Solid D
04-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice bump. Amen to stay healthy!!!

Keepin' it real
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Any new Believers?

You know, I believed this guy would be a big part of the Spurs' downfall (again). But if the Spurs can play this well for at least 4 out of 7 games in each series, I believe they may be able to overcome.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/03/10/34/820999/5/628x471.jpg

100%duncan
04-20-2012, 11:49 PM
:flag: :lobt2:

timvp
04-20-2012, 11:51 PM
But if the Spurs can play this well for at least 4 out of 7 games in each series, I believe they may be able to overcome.

Whoa, what a limb to go out on, tbh.

ElNono
04-20-2012, 11:53 PM
tbh, if Pop is over his absolute fear of playing Tim & Tiago and Blair is the casualty, you can count me on the bandwagon...

Like I said, rotations can make or break this team

ducks
04-20-2012, 11:53 PM
spurs could still win 50 games imo

TheSkeptic
04-20-2012, 11:56 PM
tbh, if Pop is over his absolute fear of playing Tim & Tiago and Blair is the casualty, you can count me on the bandwagon...

Like I said, rotations can make or break this team

+1

Now that the rotations are going in the direction I've been hoping for, I'm just about all in. The only thing I still need to see is Blair DNP-CD'd for the post-season unless we're playing OKC.

Das Texan
04-20-2012, 11:57 PM
when the fuck did duncan find ponce de leon's fountain of youth. so badass.

please dont let it stop. this team is stupid deep.

timvp
04-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Any new Believers?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t9Um2hsp_fg/TjdnxkKiM9I/AAAAAAAAALI/kGcFI_8qJns/s1600/seo_bandwagon.jpg

Unless Holt springs for a tractor we may be out of room.

DPG21920
04-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Don't forget who said it first

Spursfan092120
04-21-2012, 12:22 AM
You know, I believed this guy would be a big part of the Spurs' downfall (again). But if the Spurs can play this well for at least 4 out of 7 games in each series, I believe they may be able to overcome.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/03/10/34/820999/5/628x471.jpg

This is Bonner's year to finally be average/maybe a little better than average in the playoffs.

TheSkeptic
04-21-2012, 12:26 AM
This is Bonner's year to finally be average/maybe a little better than average in the playoffs.

I'm going to be honest. I think his shooting will depend on the match-ups more than anything else.

If his minutes are around what they were tonight and he manages to keep up his defense,he'll be decent.

ElNono
04-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Don't forget who said it first

Didn't you call the Lakeshow contenders?

Manufan909
04-21-2012, 12:28 AM
I know I believe, I have since the first dismantling of the Lakers. Last night just reinforced the obvious.

DPG21920
04-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Yes, they still are. They very well could get to the WCF

Viva Las Espuelas
04-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Please please please please please please please please please please stay healthy.

Please.

I pray this everyday.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Any new Believers?

I'm an original spurs pessimist..but dude.....I'm starting to believe....

Can't believe I just said I believe.....

GSH
04-21-2012, 12:49 AM
"Indeed, sir - the last ride of Wyatt Earp and His Immortals". Somebody needs to make a good Photoshop out of this:

http://www.keira-anne.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/tombstone.jpg

slick'81
04-21-2012, 12:52 AM
u cant start to see it in the players eyes- they believe

SA210
04-21-2012, 01:13 AM
u cant start to see it in the players eyes- they believe

KaiRMD1
04-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I think our advantage is chuck Barkley believes in the Spurs. Last year, he predicted Spurs, Lakers & The Heat to fall. I'm sure there were other teams but I tried to tune him out after Grizzlies beat us.

crc21209
04-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Last year they started off hot and slowly sputtered to a first round exit. This year, they started off so-so, and are now (hopefully) hitting that next gear for the Playoffs. You can bet your ass I Believe...:flag:

honestfool84
04-21-2012, 01:40 AM
"Indeed, sir - the last ride of Wyatt Earp and His Immortals". Somebody needs to make a good Photoshop out of this:

http://www.keira-anne.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/tombstone.jpg

:D

http://davidteran.com/pictures/spurs-tombstone.jpg

Mel_13
04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
bump

timvp
04-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Get this ish started right.

Believe.

spursfan1000
04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Get this ish started right.

Believe.

:toast

TheSkeptic
04-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Believe :toast

Slomo
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Believe_2012.jpg

BillMc
04-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timvp
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
WCF Bump.

Onward.

Believe.

z0sa
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/Believe_2012.jpg

Damn that's sweet

Obstructed_View
05-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Let's get this.

Jumi
05-25-2012, 11:38 AM
OK, so let me get this straight......Dallas and the Lakers were tougher opponents for the Thunder because they had "playoff experience and championship moxey!" Ha!

The Lakers were the defending champs last year and got swept, same for the Mavs this year. Those weren't the same teams that won the chip! Their record says so and their performance on the floor farther validates that. They lost close games that a "championship" squad would've at least won a few of those games. What the Rockets did with the, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion!" was the exception not the rule! You play crappy in the regular season, you're a crappy team. That's why it's an upset when a good team gets beat by a lower seed, except for a 4-5 matchup.

According to this logic, teams shouldn't play for a better seed to get favorable matchups, the NBA should take the eight teams and do a "seeding lottery!" The Suns had veterans and experience when they went to Utah for that playoff spot and Utah won that game! How's that for your argument?

We blew teams out in the regular season.....We did it in the playoffs! The Thunder play close games because they're jumpshooters and they haven't figured out, (or can't), blow teams outta the building! We can!!!!

This is gonna be a pretty good series. Not because they've played close games and we haven't, it's because these are the two best teams in the West! Spurs in five!!!

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Let's do this shit. 8 more wins.

Seventyniner
05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
^Better to say 1 more win, 8 times.

ginobilized
05-25-2012, 01:50 PM
At the risk of being a naysayer, I think it's still possible that the Spurs lose a game this postseason. I'd hate to see that happen, honestly. Other than that, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I see no reason to believe this is a "last stand". I think Tim can play at a very high level for at least another year or to. Think about Kareem and The Mailman who played at a high level all the way through their 30's.

Tony JUST turned 30 and likely has a couple years before he begins to show any noticeable signs of age. Manu's role will likely diminish with each passing year, but he'll still be a big asset for a couple more years.

I don't think we'll see a huge drop off over the next year or two in the performance of the big-3. To whatever small degree that trio does decline next year & the year after, the Spurs will need commensurate improvement from their younger talent, which is not an unreasonable expectation.

spursfaninla
05-26-2012, 12:46 PM
I see no reason to believe this is a "last stand". I think Tim can play at a very high level for at least another year or to. Think about Kareem and The Mailman who played at a high level all the way through their 30's.

Tony JUST turned 30 and likely has a couple years before he begins to show any noticeable signs of age. Manu's role will likely diminish with each passing year, but he'll still be a big asset for a couple more years.

I don't think we'll see a huge drop off over the next year or two in the performance of the big-3. To whatever small degree that trio does decline next year & the year after, the Spurs will need commensurate improvement from their younger talent, which is not an unreasonable expectation.

Agreed. I am hopeful that any drop-off by TD and Manu will be made up by the increasing productivity and role by Splitter, Leonard, Diaw, and to a lesser extent, Green. TP has at least 3 near-peak years left. This team, if healthy, is good enough to go deep into the playoffs for another 2 years, assuming TD sticks around that long.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Agreed. I am hopeful that any drop-off by TD and Manu will be made up by the increasing productivity and role by Splitter, Leonard, Diaw, and to a lesser extent, Green. TP has at least 3 near-peak years left. This team, if healthy, is good enough to go deep into the playoffs for another 2 years, assuming TD sticks around that long.

Yeah, TD's not going anywhere. They can make another title run next year and maybe 2014 if things fall into place. After that, it's rebuilding time.

OH, and I forgot to mention... The Spurs are going to have a little room and some $ to spend over the next couple years, especially after next year. They could very well add talent via free agency over the next year or two.

emanueldavidginobili
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Believe!

CitizenDwayne
05-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Let's do this shit. 8 more wins.
Your sig is terrifying.

Mel_13
05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
"But we've all found a home here in San Antonio," Duncan said, "and we all love it here."

They've stayed for one simple reason: "It works," Duncan said. "There's no two ways about it. If something doesn't work, you break it up and you do something else. We've all accepted our roles, we've evolved over the years and we've all been happy with it because we believe."

They believe because Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford have given them reason to believe. As the league changed, Popovich adapted. The Spurs don't defend the way they did when they won four championships, but they score better. Buford gave Popovich a roster to fit, surrounding the Spurs' Big Three with young legs and sure shots. Gary Neal and Tiago Splitter arrived from Europe last season, and there they were Sunday, helping start the comeback in the fourth quarter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--tim-duncan-s-spurs-still-unshakeable-to-their-core-after-15-seasons.html;_ylt=AjoTNAxIRze1QuseTbJ6DqC8vLYF

BackHome
05-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Very good article and I love the fact that Timmy says he has maybe two more years and that he ain't leaving SA.

I can see how his new contract will go done...Pop and RC bring him into the office they say "Ok...how much do you want Timmy? Please understand this is our payroll these are the players we also need to re-sign so tell us what you want". Timmy tells them and then signs deal....

timvp
06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Believe.

slick'81
06-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Believe.

god dammit why not we still got a half :lol

Keepin' it real
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Ahem...

rascal
07-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Bump

Last stand 2012 did not produce a title.

benefactor
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
You are easily the biggest faggot on this forum.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM
:lmao

timvp
07-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Bump

Thanks, genius. Not sure where we'd be without you.

Solid D
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Bump

I know you. You're that "Goes-up-to-losing-team-cheerleaders-after-game-and-tells-them-'you-didn't-make-a-difference'" guy.

rascal
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks, genius. Not sure where we'd be without you.

You said last year was the last stand with the core team now you back pedal and want the spurs to come back with the same team minus a role player or two.

If last year was the last stand then you should want some major changes going forward into next year or your last stand post did not hold if the Spurs did not win a title.

timvp
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
You said last year was the last stand with the core team now you back pedal and want the spurs to come back with the same team minus a role player or two.I said last year was their last legitimate chance to win a championship. I never said that last year was the last time these Spurs should play together or that the team should be blown up if they don't win a championship.

Going into next year, the Spurs need a minor miracle to win a championship. That's been my stand all along and why I thought 2012 was so important. Their chances of winning it all probably peaked at about 35-40% last year. Right now, the chances are down to 1-3%. So as far as legit championship chances, last year was the last stand, unfortunately.

If last year was the last stand then you should want some major changes going forward into next year or your last stand post did not hold if the Spurs did not win a title.

There's no major changes that can be made that will give the Spurs a better chance at winning a championship next season. If there were, that's what I'd want. But the only chance to win a championship next year is to follow the same course and hope.

That same course also gives the Spurs a chance to rebuild without any toxic contracts on the books when the time comes in a year or two or three. Thus, it makes no sense to deviate from a course that gives you the best chances to win now and win at some point in the future.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I am a loser with women and with making money.
Other areas I am all right. I am not a bad looking guy and am athletic so it wasn't like I was some strange nerd who was only into books.

I never had any dates in high school or even college. Just didn't feel like I had anything to offer or that a girl would even be interested. I didn't even touch a girl until I was 28, didn't have a relationship until 38 and married a woman I was not even attracted to at 48 (because I thought I would never get married with my track record). I really feel sorry for my wife.

I thought getting a college degree in engineering would help me land a good paying job, it never did. I am working a low paying job similar to what I worked before I got the degree. UTSA in San Antonio does not have a good engineering program at least when I went to school there. I came out ill prepared to do well in the field.

I lifted weights for over 30 years and I would say that it didn't help much with getting girls interested or building confidence. I could never get the girls I was really attracted to(blue eyed brunettes), they never seemed to be available and the one girl that I thought I had a shot at in college I just would get really nervous the times I tried to talk to her so I felt I had no shot in hell with her and never even tried asking her on a date. This I regret because I never met another girl the way I felt for this particular girl.

So I am saying to the young readers out there if there is a girl you want go for it because the ship may sail away and you will be left with a life of regret.

This thread is also for all the losers to say you are not alone, there are other people who have experiences like you. Don't be afraid to stand up and call yourself a loser, don't care what others think, and try to make the necessary changes and I hope you have better luck than I did.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5624064&postcount=1

Budkin
07-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Why keep re-opening the wound?

benefactor
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
rascal's loser life story.
It gets better. From a women's soccer thread...talking to Manny...

I wished I lived near you I would wipe the floor with you.
He obviously takes women's soccer much more seriously than he takes the Spurs.

rascal
07-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't think you two kiss asses need to back up timvp. He can take care of himself.

Mel_13
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
:cry:cry:cry

rascal
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I am a loser in life. I failed my driving test 3 times, twice in the same day. Got nervous driving with the cop, pulled out fast in front of a truck, another time knocked down the flag parrallel parking. I have failed just about everything in life before I get it.

And definitely a loser with women.

Just giving you more ammo. Save this and pull it up later. I don't know anyone here at this site so it doesn't even matter.

benefactor
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't think you two kiss asses need to back up timvp. He can take care of himself.
It's not about backing up anyone...it's about you being a humongous faggot...which you readily admit to.

rascal
07-03-2012, 04:30 AM
It's not about backing up anyone...it's about you being a humongous faggot...which you readily admit to.

faggot no, loser yes. Get it right.

Keepin' it real
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM

You use that word a lot. You must be very ignorant. I feel sorry for you.

Spurs da champs
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
You use that word a lot. You must be very ignorant. I feel sorry for you.

The funny thing is a lot these posters do & they're all old ass men saying it,smh.

Fabbs
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Their chances of winning it all probably peaked at about 35-40% last year.
Up 2-0 vs OKC with home court advantage was 35-40% chance of finishing?

Seventyniner
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Up 2-0 vs OKC with home court advantage was 35-40% chance of finishing?

If you gave the Spurs a 70% chance of beating OKC when up 2-0, and a 55% chance of winning the Finals, that's a 38.5% chance of a title.

Fabbs
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
wha?
If the Spurs beat OKC and enter into the Finals vs Heat it would still be 55% going into the Finals. I'd put it at more like 70% if Spurs continued to play team ball like they did up until the demise 4 straight. Corrupt reffing figured in
as well as OKCs coma shooting. But see OKC doesn't do coma shooting without refs and PopaBozos heavy contributions.

Don't see how you drop it to 38% at the 2-0 OKC point.

therealtruth
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
wha?
If the Spurs beat OKC and enter into the Finals vs Heat it would still be 55% going into the Finals. I'd put it at more like 70% if Spurs continued to play team ball like they did up until the demise 4 straight. Corrupt reffing figured in
as well as OKCs coma shooting. But see OKC doesn't do coma shooting without refs and PopaBozos heavy contributions.

Don't see how you drop it to 38% at the 2-0 OKC point.

I think the Spurs could have done better against the Heat in the finals. How would Bosh or Battier have defended Duncan in the post?

Mel_13
07-06-2012, 06:54 PM
How would Bosh or Battier have defended Duncan in the post?

Miami's centers played a combined 5 minutes in the NBA Finals because OKC didn't have a post scorer. If they played the Spurs, their centers would have seen more playing time.

Libri
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Miami's centers played a combined 5 minutes in the NBA Finals because OKC didn't have a post scorer. If they played the Spurs, their centers would have seen more playing time.

I think Joel Anthony would have played more minutes.

therealtruth
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM

That's my whole point they wouldn't have had their best players on the floor as much which would have given us the advantage. If they have to keep an offensive zero like Anthony out there it only helps us.

T Park
07-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Lmao damn never seen Rascal get do hymen hurt. Poor baby.