PDA

View Full Version : 11 games left. Let's do it for a third time!

Buddy Holly
04-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Why not.

jestersmash
04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Why not.

Because once we have the 2 seed in hand, Pop isn't going to give a shit about winning 4 regular season games in 5 nights or 3 games in 4 nights or a back to back (whatever it takes to lock the 2 seed up) that finishes just 2 days before the playoffs start.

lurker23
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Then sit the Big 3 in the first game of the playoffs.

DMC
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't see it. I see us dropping the next game tbh. Having tired starters is bad, but having a tired bench is also bad. Our bench does so much for our team that it seems when we do the "everyone rest" thing, we lose the next game anyhow.

BanditHiro
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
we have to get 10 out 1 to get 50 wins. we can do it.

crc21209
04-09-2012, 11:28 PM
With another back to back coming, and one back to back to back left, I don't think the Spurs will do it. I'll be fine going 9-2 or 8-3 and nabbing the 2 seed. :tu

Dex
04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Then sit the Big 3 in the first game of the playoffs.

:lol

:nope

Robz4000
04-10-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't see it. I see us dropping the next game tbh. Having tired starters is bad, but having a tired bench is also bad. Our bench does so much for our team that it seems when we do the "everyone rest" thing, we lose the next game anyhow.
If the Spurs drop Wednesday's game against the Lakers, they'll lose to the Grizz the next night too. That would generate mass panic both on here and in the locker room.

jestersmash
04-10-2012, 12:31 AM
If the Spurs drop Wednesday's game against the Lakers, they'll lose to the Grizz the next night too. That would generate mass panic both on here and in the locker room.

Anybody stupid enough to go into panic mode should we lose our upcoming back to back against L.A. and Memphis isn't worth engaging in any meaningful discussion anyway.

You're right though, but I've preemptively decided to ignore said NASFs in question :lol

TheSkeptic
04-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Anybody stupid enough to go into panic mode should we lose our upcoming back to back against L.A. and Memphis isn't worth engaging in any meaningful discussion anyway.

You're right though, but I've preemptively decided to ignore said NASFs in question :lol

I don't know. It depends.

If we're seeing more or less the things we've expected (i.e. minute distribution, sound playcalling, health, Bonner choking, etc.) then it'll be disappointing, angering even, but not that big of a deal.

If we're suddenly seeing bad tendencies and frightened play, then yes, that would be something to get concerned about.

100%duncan
04-10-2012, 02:05 AM
TBH, if we lose the next 2 games, it would really cause panic to everyone,imo.

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Hopefully Kobe plays in the LA game so Spurs can get a good test.

100%duncan
04-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Hopefully Kobe plays in the LA game so Spurs wins.

fify

therealtruth
04-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Grizzlies game should be good too. They're playing as well as anybody right now.

100%duncan
04-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Grizz are legit tbh

jiggy_55
04-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Yes, the Grizz are legit. 2nd hottest team right now after the spurs, plus they have an easy schedule. The Lakers have to play us 3 times, and also have Denver, Dallas and OKC so they have some tough match-ups. Clippers have to play the Thunder twice and Memphis again, and although their schedule seems quite simple they do have to play quite a few teams fighting for playoff positioning: Denver, Phoenix, Atlanta, New York. Memphis has mostly beatable teams and their notable games only include playing us, Phoenix, Utah, and Orlando the last day.

I could see Memphis rise to 3rd place easily and I would prefer the Spurs end up with the 1st seed even if Pop has to play Duncan or Manu a little more than he wants to get those wins. I don't want to see MEM in the 2nd round, let them and OKC battle it out again like last year and give me LAL or LAC.

TheSkeptic
04-10-2012, 02:43 AM
^^ Have you seen our frontcourt?

I don't want the Lakers either.

jiggy_55
04-10-2012, 02:52 AM
^^ Have you seen our frontcourt?

I don't want the Lakers either.

I get your point, but I think Memphis can seriously be more dangerous and they are rolling at the right time. LAL can abuse us up front and even with Kobe, but Memphis may even have the psychological advantage over us after last year's playoffs (and if they beat us in a few days that would make things worse), and I don't want to meet them early on in the playoffs.

pgardn
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM

No, just on here.

jiggy_55
04-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Psychological what?. Do you think that a team coached by Popovich and with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili as their champonship core would be psichologically disrupted by another team?. Is that what you mean?. Seriously people, stop crying about Memphis and Lakers. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best

Why do you put a full stop after a question mark :lol

Anyways, yes if Memphis beat up on us again inside the paint it could definitely turn into something psychological. I'm not saying that one win will make it psychological, but if we get them in the playoffs and they show they can dominate us with their interior presence then this would definitely get to the heads of our players and I'm not too optimistic we could beat them in a series if we don't start off on the right foot against them. They are much better than their record show, remember they've done this all with Zach practically missing most of their season. We beat them 3 times early this season which was great, but they were missing Zach in 2 of those 3 games, and we all know how good he played against us last year.

cheguevara
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
we're losing 3 or 4 more games

shraediggz
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Why not.

For one, keeping with tradition, I rather not lose the first game of the playoffs!

Unless of course it's followed by another 11 game win streak. Hard to argue that, but what comes after?

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 04:07 PM
We don't know how Randolph is gonna play these playoffs. Remember last year he played against a fragile frontcourt with no depth, and we all know he played out of his friggin' mind. I'm not certain if he will reach to that level during these playoffs (maybe yes, who knows) ;ut to say that it would turn into something psychological, it's a bit far fetched

PS: I put a full stop after a question mark because when you write in Spanish, you have to put a punctuation mark after a question, I forgot I was writing in English. I'm Argentinian

I don't think Randolph was playing out of his mind. He just didn't have good defenders on him and that allowed him to build his confidence and get hot. When any NBA player gets hot they're hard to stop. Mark Jackson during the playoffs talked about seeing Randolph on one occasion win like 100 1 on 1 games.

DMC
04-11-2012, 09:11 PM

I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

However, it's about Pop playing the stars at home and resting them on the road. Wins don't factor into it much.