PDA

View Full Version : why i pray the spurs win tonight...

td4mvp3
06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
... so i don't have another 24 hours of everyone telling me how their greatest plus is their tenacity/ability to bounce back/good showing after losses. wasn't that disproven after game 1? wasn't their back against the wall then? and why is it that every game isn't enough adversity? what ever happened to coming to play every night? please, get this over with.

TNT21
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I completely agree!!

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I couldn't take another game and would probly get fired for slacking 2 more days.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 05:04 PM
wasn't that disproven after game 1? wasn't their back against the wall then?

Ask the same question about Game 2, and you'll have a different answer. This series isn't over yet, so don't pack your parade clothes too soon.

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
i can't take another day of hearing about how resilient the Pistons are. And I'm sick of their crybaby antics. they're going to try and kill us tonight. physically, i mean.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
i can't take another day of hearing about how resilient the Pistons are. And I'm sick of their crybaby antics. they're going to try and kill us tonight. physically, i mean.

Yet another ignorant post.

If we don't 'kill you tonight', hopefully you'll fall into the Riverwalk and drown.

Stupid people.

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM

If we don't 'kill you tonight', hopefully you'll fall into the Riverwalk and drown.

Stupid people.

With an even more ignorant response.

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-21-2005, 05:09 PM

Stupid people.

What was THAT? ^

FoxMulder
06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Classy donīt you think? :lol

td4mvp21
06-21-2005, 05:17 PM

Stupid people.

With all your talk about class you pull out some comment like this?

SWC Bonfire
06-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I couldn't take another game and would probly get fired for slacking 2 more days.

:lol

td4mvp3
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM

Stupid people.

yeah, that was hypocritical and your other post seems to miss my point. i'm not saying detroit won't win tonight, there's a good chance they do looking at how both teams have played. but the point is the pistons constantly bring up this "we play our best when we're down" routine and it's gotten old, especially after everyone touts it as well. i don't even care if it is true, that isn't the way you want your team to be, to only play their best when the alternative means losing the game, season or trophy. everyone bashes the spurs about being soft, for not always showing heart or whatever, and it stuns me that the same approach isn't applied here. where is the heart in playing down to an opponent? in being lackadaisical in a series that you obviously will not dominate? why should a team's need to be downtrodden be something to root for or applaud?

bdubya
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
. i don't even care if it is true, that isn't the way you want your team to be, to only play their best when the alternative means losing the game, season or trophy.... where is the heart in playing down to an opponent? in being lackadaisical in a series that you obviously will not dominate? why should a team's need to be downtrodden be something to root for or applaud?

It's not something to applaud; matter of fact, it's been a big disappointment and the subject of much well-deserved bitching all season long. Y'all ought to be glad of it, though; that's what gave you HCA in this series.

But on the flip side, wow, you should see what these guys can do when their backs are to the wall; lemme tell you ALL about it.... :blah

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 06:04 PM
they're going to try and kill us tonight. physically, i mean.

hopefully you'll fall into the Riverwalk and drown.

Sarcasm meets Sarcasm. If you weren't directing this as another slam on Detroit (I've seen enough "Detroit - Dangerous City" crap all week), then I overreacted. The stress of being down 3-2 and listening to the smack talk on the city of Detroit gets old. I don't mind the team-on-team bashing, but the city-smack gets to me.. not even sure why.

So, maybe I overreacted. At least I should get credit for taking the lumps that the Piston fans have been taking the past few days at least somewhat graciously.

.. and, how deep is that Riverwalk, anyway?

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 06:05 PM
not very...unless you count the mud! :)

bdubya
06-21-2005, 06:06 PM
.. and, how deep is that Riverwalk, anyway?

Not near as deep as the River, I'm told....

jalbre6
06-21-2005, 06:10 PM
can a person actually Drown in a Riverwalk?

i mean, i could see someone drinking alcohol, (drowning their sorrows) on the Riverwalk

I can tell you that it's a $250 fine and a trip to the drunk tank for peeing in the river, or it at least was in 1997.*

*and it's a $500 fine for peeing on the brick wall outside the Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville.

BigShotBillups
06-21-2005, 06:55 PM
... so i don't have another 24 hours of everyone telling me how their greatest plus is their tenacity/ability to bounce back/good showing after losses. wasn't that disproven after game 1? wasn't their back against the wall then? and why is it that every game isn't enough adversity? what ever happened to coming to play every night? please, get this over with.

No, the Pistons back was not against the wall after game one. They still were assured of at least 3 more games. Now, with no more games left for the Piston's if they lose, there backs are really against the wall. I am a realist. It will be extremely difficult for the Pistons to win two games, but if any team can do it, the Piston's can. I won't be shocked if the Piston's lose tonight, but, don't be surprised if your Spurs lose this game. May the team who want's it more win tonight. If it's your Spurs, have fun tonight celebrating. If not...get ready for a heck of a game 7.

FilSpursFan
06-21-2005, 07:36 PM
I pray this will be a good and fair game... so the Spurs can win.