_RjirSPGjJw

he looks so sad and embarrassed :depressed

Reck
04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Bayless is a bitch.

He talks to talk. Guy is a jest.

spurs1990
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Damn that was awkward. Least the other white guy came in the end to change the subject.

Even if Bayless falls of the wagon we still have Beadle and Shaq repping hard.

The_Worlds_finest
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Im trying to figure out what Jalen Rose was trying to prove? That Skip didnt excel at playing Bball? So what? Pop played fucking AAU and would run circles around ass clown rose in bball intelligence.

FkLA
04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
^Didnt watch the show today. From the sounds of it though, it seems like Skip was simply going to refer to how Jalen was a PG and playmaker in his day to criticize Westbrook for being a scoring PG. Then Jalen just decides to embarrass him for no reason. :(

Reck
04-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Im trying to figure out what Jalen Rose was trying to prove? That Skip didnt excel at playing Bball? So what? Pop played fucking AAU and would run circles around ass clown rose in bball intelligence.

He was trying...and succeded in proving Bayless goes head first into discussions that he thinks knows all about but in fact has little to back up his claims.

Case and point when he told Jalen he didn't know T.O and Jalen said ummm yes I do.

The_Worlds_finest
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
He was trying...and succeded in proving Bayless goes head first into discussions that he thinks knows all about but in fact has little to back up his claims.

Case and point when he told Jalen he didn't know T.O and Jalen said ummm yes I do.

Stephen A Smith lies when he says he knows basketball....whats you point.

Reck
04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Stephen A Smith lies when he says he knows basketball....whats you point.

Lying and being an airhead are two different things.

Technique
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
From what I saw, Jalen was butt hurt and took a comment personally. He then retaliated by calling out a sports analyst/entertainer for not playing basketball.

Stay classy, Jalen

Seventyniner
04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Lying and being an airhead are two different things.

They're also not mutually exclusive.

Fpoonsie
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Bayless is an idiot pretty often, but I couldn't help but feel kinda bad for him there.

As another poster said, looks like Jalen got his feelings hurt and decided to go off on Bayless w/ less public info that he knew would get to Skip.

Chachachango
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Theyre a bunch of clowns. Fuck skip and the manly girl that just to be in that show. I really wished spurs fans would stop giving a fuck about what these clowns have to say.

jag
04-10-2012, 11:23 PM
That was incredibly awkward. Jalen had that bullet in the chamber, just waiting.

Water pistol Pete

The_Worlds_finest
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
That was incredibly awkward. Jalen had that bullet in the chamber, just waiting.

Water pistol Pete

Thats funny that Jalen Rose is a such a bitch he actually went and did homework on skip bayless

dbreiden83080
04-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Skips right in saying most GM's are bookworms and not players..

Especially today..

jag
04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
If you're going to talk crazy as hell all the time and go hard at people the way he does, then you have to expect that it's going to come back around.

TE
04-10-2012, 11:34 PM
That was pretty fucked up of Jalen to do that tbh. Nah shit man, Skip ain't no fucking athlete, why would you use that to help yourself argue a point when the context of show is to argue based on being a spectator, not an athlete. Jalen Rose is a little bitch who had Kobe Bryany drop 81 in his face, I wouldn't necessarily think so superior of myself if that was to happen to me tbh.

Reck
04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
That was pretty fucked up of Jalen to do that tbh. Nah shit man, Skip ain't no fucking athlete, why would you use that to help yourself argue a point when the context of show is to argue based on being a spectator, not an athlete. Jalen Rose is a little bitch who had Kobe Bryany drop 81 in his face, I wouldn't necessarily think so superior of myself if that was to happen to me tbh.

That's the problem. Skip thinks he is one. From the way he goes in on Wesbrook all the time you would think the man is speaking from experience.

If you can dish it out, take it like a man as well.

Technique
04-10-2012, 11:42 PM
That's the problem. Skip thinks he is one. From the way he goes in on Wesbrook all the time you would think the man is speaking from experience.

So only athletes are able to criticize players?

Are only politicians are able to criticize the government?

Where's the rationale.

joeyjfive
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM
What did Skip Bayless not being good at basketball in High School prove? Jalen had a terrible argument here. According to Jalen's logic, he who scores the most in High School knows the most about basketball. Dejuan Wagner is now one of the greatest basketball minds of all-time, I mean he did score 100 points in a game once.

FkLA
04-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Did anybody actually watch the show today, and know what Skip did to Jalen that caused him to go at him like that ?

Cause going off of that video, it just doesnt make any sense tbh. Skip is basically asking him what position he played so that he can praise Jalen for having been a true PG, playmaker, etc in his day as opposed to what Westbrook is. Yet for some reason Jalen goes off-topic and decides to rip Skip instead.

Spur|n|Austin
04-10-2012, 11:55 PM
That was rough to watch; I've never liked people that have to put others embarrassing business out there to prove a point, even though I'm not sure what that point was. Just another scenario where a bully show's his insecurities.

DMC
04-11-2012, 12:06 AM
You cannot hire retired professionals and expect them to comment from a non-professional standpoint. It's like asking a doctor to comment using dumbed down layman logic instead of his medical understanding.

Jalen is there as an expert because he played the game. Skip has an opinion and it's based on what he's seen before. Both have a point, but it's wrong to use "i know, you don't" in a discussion. Everyone knows Rose was a professional player and Skip wasn't. Just say "speaking from a professional standpoint, we never...." and Skip could argue how it's good or bad but cannot argue the fact, and trust me here, I know, you don't.

TE
04-11-2012, 12:06 AM

Regardless, what the fuck does having to be good at basketball matter if you're arguing from a spectator point of view. To put things into perspective, doesn't everyone act like a smart ass when talking basketball? I mean, you're a fan, I am a fan, Skip is a fan. Sure we speak like if we are coming from the shoes of a participant, but really c'mon man. Jalen's way of going about this was pretty fucked up and completely out of context.

DMC
04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Regardless, what the fuck does having to be good at basketball matter if you're arguing from a spectator point of view. To put things into perspective, doesn't everyone act like a smart ass when talking basketball? I mean, you're a fan, I am a fan, Skip is a fan. Sure we speak like if we are coming from the shoes of a participant, but really c'mon man. Jalen's way of going about this was pretty fucked up and completely out of context.

When Skip said "what were you" he was saying "you weren't a shooting guard". Never challenge someone who's BTDT when you haven't. It seemed Skip was doing that and Jalen obviously felt that way. It was probably resolved later over drinks.

TE
04-11-2012, 12:11 AM
You cannot hire retired professionals and expect them to comment from a non-professional standpoint. It's like asking a doctor to comment using dumbed down layman logic instead of his medical understanding.

Jalen is there as an expert because he played the game. Skip has an opinion and it's based on what he's seen before. Both have a point, but it's wrong to use "i know, you don't" in a discussion. Everyone knows Rose was a professional player and Skip wasn't. Just say "speaking from a professional standpoint, we never...." and Skip could argue how it's good or bad but cannot argue the fact, and trust me here, I know, you don't.

Totally agree with that. It would've been okay if Jalen was to say that "professional" point of view beforehand, but c'mon man... You don't go bashing someone like that based on playing the game. On shows like First Take, you're hired to be a spectator of the game and give takes based on that. To go beyond that and embarrass someone who probably couldn't play on the sophomore team as a senior the way he did was out of line given the context.

DMC
04-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Totally agree with that. It would've been okay if Jalen was to say that "professional" point of view beforehand, but c'mon man... You don't go bashing someone like that based on playing the game. On shows like First Take, you're hired to be a spectator of the game and give takes based on that. To go beyond that and embarrass someone who probably couldn't play on the sophomore team as a senior the way he did was out of line given the context.

But you cannot separate the man from the player. Imagine hiring a SEAL as a political military expert and challenging him regarding military tactics because you write articles about the military but have never served.

lefty
04-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Eh

Jalen had his best season as a SF

DMC
04-11-2012, 12:15 AM
I think it was a misunderstanding and Jalen took offense, and instead of addressing it calmly, he went outside his on air bubble and attacked.

spurs10
04-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Jalen Rose looks like a complete asshole here...

etbluffer
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Players who can't make an argument always play the "When did you play sports" card.... Jalen sucks, always has... always will...

DMC
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Jalen Rose looks like a complete asshole here...
I don't think so. This is what happens when you take a desk person (writer) and put them on television where they don't have time to edit their piece.

TE
04-11-2012, 12:36 AM
But you cannot separate the man from the player. Imagine hiring a SEAL as a political military expert and challenging him regarding military tactics because you write articles about the military but have never served.

Yeah of course if its in that context. But really, we are talking about basketball here, not military tactics. Is it easier to become familiar with basketball or military tactics? Can a human knowingly critique a general's decision to invade or attack the opposition? No. Is it easier to critique a basketball player after having seen so many basketball games? Is it easier to argue for the player to play a different way given the players on his team? Yes.

cnyc3
04-11-2012, 02:54 AM
LOL @ defending skip

dude lied about his high school bball career and got called out on it.
He then compared himself to Pistol Pete

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/skip-bayless-start-in-high-school.jpg

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/skip-bayless-tall-for-age-tweet.jpg

thispego
04-11-2012, 07:48 AM
lol that was weak as shit, "sorry for skip" "incredibly awkward" "destroyed" :lol

Nothing happened. I guess when you sit behind the computer/television all day, every day, that's as cutting edge as life gets :lol

Russ
04-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Don't look now, but it's being revisited.

They're back at it.

Skip: "My integrity and credibility have been questioned by my Twitter followers."

"My frustration over my basketball career propelled me to be here."

"All I did was feed the post."

Anyway, I admit I watch the show (can't tell you anything about American Idol or whatever the popular nightime shows are).

And I do get a kick out of Skip. :)

jag
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Stephen A. is going HAM right now

Goran Dragic
04-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Idk why Jalen felt the need to bring up the fact Skip is an inferior basketball player. It's a pretty stupid, irrelevant argument.

jag
04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I pulled this junk up on my work comp so I could catch the circus and Stephen A. is giving me my money's worth.

Technique
04-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Jalen is getting butthurt again hahaha. Dude is way too sensitive for this.

Whisky Dog
04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Anyone can look at Skip and pretty much guess that he wasn't the greatest basketball player so that's no secret.

You know who is the greatest basketball player? Michael Jordan. And you know who is the absolute worst GM, worst basketball mind, and worst basketball talent evaluator? Michael Jordan. Just because you played doesn't mean you know shit about judging other's ability to play.

The other day I caught a bit of that 1st take stuff and Jalen Rose said about the Spurs "They're a good team, but I really like DeJuan Blair. I can't understand why he doesn't get more minutes". That told me everything I need to know about Jalen Rose's ability to judge basketball talent and ability. He picks out the absolute worst defensive player on the Spurs to praise.

resistanze
04-11-2012, 10:01 AM
lol, Jalen brought the shit from left field.

Although a guy that goes around calling people "Bosh Spice" better have a fucking thick skin as well.

jag
04-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Critics have always been a part of the game. It comes with the territory. Analysts, writers and reporters aren't required to conduct themselves with class or be respectful. That's on them. Many of them make inflammatory remarks to get attention and make headlines. Those making the comments want athletes to get offended and respond, it makes them relevant. Athletes should accept constructive criticism and ignore the rest.

Mel_13
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Stephen A. is going HAM right now

Thanks for the alert. This stuff is hilarious. SAS and Skip double teaming Jalen.

Technique
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Skip laying the smack down on Jalen now :lol

Bill_Brasky
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Jalen doesn't seem to get the concept of the show.

Borosai
04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Where's Nick Van Exel when you need him?

GSH
04-11-2012, 10:33 AM
It's no different than Phildo Jackson trash-talking Pop, because he never played pro ball before coaching. Jackson is a dick. Jalen Rose is a dick. But at least Jackson was better at coaching than Rose ever was at being a commentator.

Bill_Brasky
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Rose trollin :lol

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Somebody tell me whats going on! What did SAS say to Rose? Im at work and cant watch :/

hooperflash
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't think he got destroyed. :nope

mingus
04-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Being a basketball player has not helped Jalen in his commentary at all. It is a copout argument on his part. Instead of addressing Skip Bayless' points, he attacks him.

What is funny is that I bet Jalen wouldn't have attacked Mike Wilbon like that because Wilbon, who is the biggest ever ass kisser NBA commentator, is "his boy."

Keepin' it real
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I only watched bits and pieces of the coverage today. It seemed like Jalen was saying this about journalists and reporters: "Don't criticize athletes unless you're an athlete, too." In other words, it's OK to talk good about them, broadcast their games and air their highlights (and anything else that increases their net worth), but otherwise, STFU.

I hope he realizes that without sports reporters and sports networks, he and other pro athletes would not be the millionaires they are today.

Arcadian
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
This is called an 'ad hominem' argument... A common logical fallacy among undereducated people.

cheguevara
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
:lmao Jalen Rose

:lol Fab 5

:lol losers

TacoCabanaFajitas
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Somebody please tell me wtf happened today with Stephen A Smith lol

djohn2oo8
04-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I only watched bits and pieces of the coverage today. It seemed like Jalen was saying this about journalists and reporters: "Don't criticize athletes unless you're an athlete, too." In other words, it's OK to talk good about them, broadcast their games and air their highlights (and anything else that increases their net worth), but otherwise, STFU.

I hope he realizes that without sports reporters and sports networks, he and other pro athletes would not be the millionaires they are today.
Skip Bayless is a troll who should be prepared to take it just as much as he dishes it. And Stephen A. Smith doesn't know anything. Basically if you've never played the position or any type of sport, don't act like you did.

cd98
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Anyone can look at Skip and pretty much guess that he wasn't the greatest basketball player so that's no secret.

You know who is the greatest basketball player? Michael Jordan. And you know who is the absolute worst GM, worst basketball mind, and worst basketball talent evaluator? Michael Jordan. Just because you played doesn't mean you know shit about judging other's ability to play.

The other day I caught a bit of that 1st take stuff and Jalen Rose said about the Spurs "They're a good team, but I really like DeJuan Blair. I can't understand why he doesn't get more minutes". That told me everything I need to know about Jalen Rose's ability to judge basketball talent and ability. He picks out the absolute worst defensive player on the Spurs to praise.

Good point about Jordan.

I'd also add that Jalen's logic is pretty stupid from an NBA standpoint because he's basically telling all of us fans that never played in the NBA that we don't have a right to disagree with or criticize NBA players. Way to turn off fans.

04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
bayless is the one who brandished his basketball playing credentials only to be called out that he averaged 1.4 pts a game.

Calispursfan11
04-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I like Skip Bayless for picking the Spurs, being a Tiago Splitter screens fan and being annoying about it. But I dislike him in other respects.

Duncan2177
04-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Rose is a asshole

Reck
04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
To be honest, today's show was uncalled for.

2 hours debating what happened yesterday. They forgot they have a job to do and instead picked on each other for 2 hours nonstop. Unprofessional on all accounts.

Stephen A Smith being shut down to the point where he wanted to squeal because they didn't let him talked was hilarious to see though.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Bruce Bowen's day on that show raised the bar so high I can't even bring myself to tune in, TBH.

ViceCity84
04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Hate Jalen Rose and the fab 5.Big whoopy deal for wearing baggy shorts.That's their best contributions to college basketball.Did they win anything?Im glad those white bread Blue Devils smash their inner city squad.

DMC
04-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Jalen Rose was being intentionally evasive today and had a real standoffish attitude. It's obvious he apologized to Skip, but then he gets on and says Skip started it, and when Skip says "no, you agreed you did" Jalen just says "that doesn't matter..." then goes on a long winded evasive run. S A Smith tore him a new asshole. Must suck to because Rose thought another black guy would have his back. Rose trying to play both sides. Skip owned him today.

resistanze
04-11-2012, 09:00 PM
:lol So mad he needed to sic SAS on him as well

DMC
04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
SAS was like Mav troll piling on.

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Stephen A made some valid points, Jalen's response: "Players feelings" :cry Weak bs.

The way SAS goes off makes the response video even better than the original imo :lol

Sandman52
04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
bayless is the one who brandished his basketball playing credentials only to be called out that he averaged 1.4 pts a game.

On his Twitter feed, Skip singled himself out from other commentators. By stating that he was a superb HS b-ball player, Skip tries to defend his Westbrook critiques with this "aspect of credibility." As a commentator, this was completely unnecessary for him to include.

Reck
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
This show has become a gossip show where butthurt people go to complain. :lol

Skip still butthurt about what was said about him last week. They brought in Ryan Clark and Skip try to get on him.

Skip is such a bitch.

Killakobe81
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
What a lot of you guys missed was that Skip volunteered that he was a pretty good HS player and mentioned how he was a strting PG on sate championship contender ... Rose's followers found the dirt in fact, I guess Skip has some enemeies because this site: (http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/04/09/skip-bayless-lied-about-his-prestigious-high-school-basketball-career/) They did all the work. Jalen just used the ammo. I like Skip. I know many on here do too, because he loves the Spurs ...but he does cross the line. He uses Lebron's name (TO, A-rod as well) to prop himself up ... by hating way too much. He makes some great points about James not bing clutch, but he goes way too far. Anyone that knows ball can see that is Lebron's team in Miami ... and they wont win a title without Lebron ballin'. Jalen is just calling Skip out for name-calling players, intead of just reporting. Skip could still go after players but the name-calling though funny is childish ...

therealtruth
04-16-2012, 04:02 PM
On his Twitter feed, Skip singled himself out from other commentators. By stating that he was a superb HS b-ball player, Skip tries to defend his Westbrook critiques with this "aspect of credibility." As a commentator, this was completely unnecessary for him to include.

It's funny. Every basketball player that never made it has their sob story about how the coach couldn't recognize how good they were.

Killakobe81
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
It's funny. Every basketball player that never made it has their sob story about how the coach couldn't recognize how good they were.

so true, and I find only 1 out of 10 are even close to the truth ...

jimo2305
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
i was waiting for one of these since page 1.. you slippin' people..
xS9QJ8SKtZw
dynamic entry by stephen a smith at 9:55

DMC
04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Just like every REMF in the Army says they were attached to a special forces team.

DMC
04-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Skip does talk down to people. He talks to Jalen like he's Jalen's supervisor: "I spoke to you about this yesterday..." Yeah and?

And "it propelled me" is another way of saying "I am compensating for failure by pretending to be an expert on something I wasn't able to do".

SA210
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
i was waiting for one of these since page 1.. you slippin' people..
xS9QJ8SKtZw
dynamic entry by stephen a smith at 9:55

Wow. I was actually watching something interesting from BSPN.

Surprised to see Steven A side with Skip, but I did like Jalen calling Steven A out on how he calls out Tiago and Rasho's name. Is there a Part2?

TheSkeptic
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM

Surprised to see Steven A side with Skip, but I did like Jalen calling Steven A out on how he calls out Tiago and Rasho's name. Is there a Part2?

Yeah. I thought Steven A and Skip took Jalen's argument out of context though. Smith is an idiot on the Tiago/Rasho thing. Splitter's a good player and Rasho was really solid so there's nothing really to laugh about and even then he doesn't seem to use sound reasoning when he criticizes players.

But anyway, I thought what Jalen was saying was that basically you can criticize players but there's no need to make things personal (like say Smith evaluating talent based on first names...). That's a fair point and I've often thought the same thing. Especially since those two don't analyse well enough for me to overlook them making digs of that nature.

Juventini
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM

The rest of the interview.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jalen%2C+Skip%2C+and+Stephen+ A.+debate+media+criticism&oq=Jalen%2C+Skip%2C+and+Stephen+A.+debate+media+cr iticism&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...36392.36392.0.36903.1.1.0.0.0.0.45.45. 1.1.0.

8FOR!3
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Michael Jordan didn't even make his basketball team in high school. Obviously Skip Bayless was never an elite athlete to anyone's knowledge, but it shouldn't have to do anything with his job as an analyst. Jalen Rose is a straight scrub.

therealtruth
04-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Michael Jordan didn't even make his basketball team in high school. Obviously Skip Bayless was never an elite athlete to anyone's knowledge, but it shouldn't have to do anything with his job as an analyst. Jalen Rose is a straight scrub.

There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't make up false accomplishments.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
If we don't require our basketball analysts to be able to speak or write, why do we care if our basketball writers can't dribble a basketball?

SA210
04-17-2012, 02:09 AM
If we don't require our basketball analysts to be able to speak or write, why do we care if our basketball writers can't dribble a basketball?

:lol

SA210
04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah. I thought Steven A and Skip took Jalen's argument out of context though. Smith is an idiot on the Tiago/Rasho thing. Splitter's a good player and Rasho was really solid so there's nothing really to laugh about and even then he doesn't seem to use sound reasoning when he criticizes players.

But anyway, I thought what Jalen was saying was that basically you can criticize players but there's no need to make things personal (like say Smith evaluating talent based on first names...). That's a fair point and I've often thought the same thing. Especially since those two don't analyse well enough for me to overlook them making digs of that nature.

I agree. I think Jalen is a huge Spurs hater so it kind of felt good honestly watching Steven A tear into him, but in reality, I agreed with what he was saying about tearing down players.

SA210
04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
The rest of the interview.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Jalen%2C+Skip%2C+and+Stephen+ A.+debate+media+criticism&oq=Jalen%2C+Skip%2C+and+Stephen+A.+debate+media+cr iticism&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...36392.36392.0.36903.1.1.0.0.0.0.45.45. 1.1.0.

Thanks

K-State Spur
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Bit of an oft-repeated myth - MJ just got cut from varsity his SO year in HS and had to play JV. Not that abnormal, especially for players who have yet to hit their growth spurt.

But Skip's lack of knowledge, not playing experience, is what makes him a shitty analyst.

The people that talk about him like he's "our boy" have got to be newbies. Yes, he has publicly talked up the Spurs for a few years now. But he used to trash us and call us "boring" when we were winning titles. It wasn't until the run appeared over and public opinion flipped to the Lakers that he started backing the Spurs. He just thinks it's chic to go against the grain.

Skip's not an analyst - he's a contrarian.

cd98
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Caught Rose explaining his broadside on Skip on a podcast on Grantland. He said that unless you played in the NBA, you have no right to call players scrubs. He cited Kwame Brown and said he would dunk all over a casual fan, so the fan has no right to call him a scrub.

I guess he hasn't heard SAS making fun of Tiago. Under Rose's rule, that's not allowed.

Maybe that's why SAS took up for Skip. Under Rose's rule, fans should shut their mouths. Not a good formula for business success.

pgardn
04-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Exactly.

And all need to remember they are entertainers.

Reck
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Exactly.

:wow

Sport Journalists are entertainers? :lol

Obstructed_View
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Exactly.

True. When they change the name to SEPN, I'll get a little more serious about it. :)

Reck
04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
True. When they change the name to SEPN, I'll get a little more serious about it. :)

If true then the more reason to disregard what Skip has to say.

SpursRock20
04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Anybody watch this morning? Wonder how Stephen A. Smith reacted.

Keepin' it real
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM

He said he's still not buying into the Spurs. He pointed out that Kobe wasn't playing. And oh, he made fun of the Riverwalk and hates San Antonio and doesn't want to have to come back ever again.

Reck
04-18-2012, 12:16 PM

He ripped Ryan Clark completely.

Its easy to trash someone when he's totally absent and not able to defend himself.

Also, Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless are soooo gay for each other.

All that was missing on today's show was either one getting on their knees and suck each other's cocks.

This show its pathetic.

SpursRock20
04-18-2012, 12:24 PM
He said he's still not buying into the Spurs. He pointed out that Kobe wasn't playing. And oh, he made fun of the Riverwalk and hates San Antonio and doesn't want to have to come back ever again.

Good ole Stephen A.

Bill_Brasky
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM

The whole industry is entertainment, from the people who play the game right down to the guys who write about it.

SpursRock20
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Props to Tim Legler although he is still picking the Thunder. Put Stephen A. in his place.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Props to Tim Legler although he is still picking the Thunder. Put Stephen A. in his place.

That's fair. Beating the Lakers without Kobe shouldn't make them championship favorites, but it goes a ways toward proving last week's ass-handing was a fluke.

jimo2305
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM

and still ppl wonder why some of us whine about how bad we get treated by the media

SA210
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Anyone have video of this?

pgardn
04-18-2012, 06:50 PM

Stephen A. Smith and the rest are TV analysts because they are quiet, unassuming, intellectuals who subtly and concisely get their point across.

I was entertained. I was belly laughing at the high frequencies their voices could achieve.

SpursRock20
04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Skip today: "Why don't we talk about the Spurs more? They just won 3 games in a row on a back to back to back by 20 points each. I am not allowed to talk about them here."

He can be hard headed sometimes and disagree just for the sake of arguing and create more excitement for the show, but I love this quote.

Death In June
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Caught Rose explaining his broadside on Skip on a podcast on Grantland. He said that unless you played in the NBA, you have no right to call players scrubs. He cited Kwame Brown and said he would dunk all over a casual fan, so the fan has no right to call him a scrub.

I guess he hasn't heard SAS making fun of Tiago. Under Rose's rule, that's not allowed.

Maybe that's why SAS took up for Skip. Under Rose's rule, fans should shut their mouths. Not a good formula for business success.Overly sensitive, butt-hurt NBA player, tbh. It doesn't make sense to compare a professional athlete to an analyst or a fan. And that goes for any profession. There are bad doctors, nurses, and pharmacist that are usually head and shoulders above the layperson in medical knowledge. What use is it to compare their skill set to a non-medical professional. People are using the word scrub as a relative measure, and I would think that wouldn't be a hard thing for Rose to understand. It wouldn't take a medical professional to pass judgement on performance. The same holds true in the NBA.

hater
04-19-2012, 01:08 PM
so now in order to critizice our president we need to have held office somewhere

:lmao stupid fab 5 monkeyball motherfucker

Reck
04-19-2012, 01:11 PM
so now in order to critizice our president we need to have held office somewhere

:lmao stupid fab 5 monkeyball motherfucker

You dont get to critizice the president.

It doesn't even make sense to compare.

hater
04-19-2012, 01:14 PM
You dont get to critizice the president.

It doesn't even make sense to compare.

but it does. The ppl on fox news most of them didn't hold office and critizice Obama daily

according to that shithead's logic, they can't

Reck
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
but it does. The ppl on fox news most of them didn't hold office and critizice Obama daily

Dude, Fox is a joke. They're known to be massive Obama opposers.

They dont go on a daily show without an Obama hate segment.

SpursRock20
04-19-2012, 03:14 PM

http://www.stuffistumbledupon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/willy-wonka-meme-you-watch-fox-news-you-must-be-so-well-informed_thumb.jpg

tmtcsc
04-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Where's the First Take episode or podcast from April 18 ? Its not available for download for some reason.

spurs4real
04-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Hey tmtcsc who's that chic