PDA

View Full Version : Awful Decisions In The Broadcast Scheduling Dept.

DJB
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Wtf?

I just noticed the ESPN schedule for tonight.

11 total games, with some quite notable match ups:

LAL@SAS
ATL@BOS
LAC@OKC
UTA@HOU

What are the 2 games on ESPN's double header you ask? Oh that would be... New York @ MILWAUKEE and GOLDEN STATE @ Portland!

What a fail. Who wants to watch either one of those games??? :sleep

JRHernandez88
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Wtf?

I just noticed the ESPN schedule for tonight.

11 total games, with some quite notable match ups:

LAL@SAS
ATL@BOS
LAC@OKC
UTA@HOU

What are the 2 games on ESPN's double header you ask? Oh that would be... New York @ MILWAUKEE and GOLDEN STATE @ Portland!

What a fail. Who wants to watch either one of those games??? :sleep
Yeah I've been seeing a lot of people complaining throughout the basketball forums lately. I guess it's just equal opportunity for teams but tbh Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis has the potential to be a pretty exciting backcourt.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah I've been seeing a lot of people complaining throughout the basketball forums lately. I guess it's just equal opportunity for teams but tbh Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis has the potential to be a pretty exciting backcourt.

Exactly. Those two have the makings of many 125-110 losses in the future. ESPN is nothing if not consistent.

cd98
04-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Finally get to see Richard Jefferson in a Golden State Warrior's uniform.

Poolboy5623
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Get over it! I try to watch as little ESPN as possible and would rather listen to Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ anyways....

Poolboy5623
04-11-2012, 02:18 PM
WTH is wrong with this site? I didnt type that(Luck the Lakers)..

Spur|n|Austin
04-11-2012, 02:24 PM

User error.

dylankerouac
04-11-2012, 02:24 PM

That happened to me in a previous post too, I had to go back and edit it out. I think its origin has something to do with Fisher's 0.4 shot but I have not found confirmation of this yet. Maybe something Sean said after the shot?

trypldubl
04-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Get over it! I try to watch as little ESPN as possible and would rather listen to Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ anyways....

:lol....I really hope that was a legit one.

Drachen
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Elliott has two "l"s and two "t"s

jestersmash
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
New York and Milwaukee is an interesting match up because they're both fighting for the 8 seed.

New York: 29-28
Milwaukee: 28-29

Milwaukee is up 2-1 in the series thus far. A Milwaukee win tonight will bump NY down to the 9th seed (temporarily).

After hearing Tim Legler totally trash Milwaukee as having virtually no chance of the 8 seed because NY is "vastly" more talented and that MIL is just an "awful, awful, basketball team," I'd like nothing more than to see Milwaukee bump NY into that 9 spot.

I'm probably more excited to see NY/MIL than I am to see SAS/LAL tonight.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Elliott has two "l"s and two "t"s

Spell the man's name correctly and your post will include it.

Spell the man's name incorrectly, and your post gets the ST equivalent of a Rickroll.

dylankerouac
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Funny that I got it wrong since I have him in my sig too.

Beaverfuzz
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Eliot Eliot Eliot! :)

bbarry
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
Sean Eliott
Sean Elliott

Spurs9
04-11-2012, 04:45 PM
New York and Milwaukee is an interesting match up because they're both fighting for the 8 seed.

Milwaukee is up 2-1 in the series thus far. A Milwaukee win tonight will bump NY down to the 9th seed (temporarily).

After hearing Tim Legler totally trash Milwaukee as having virtually no chance of the 8 seed because NY is "vastly" more talented and that MIL is just an "awful, awful, basketball team," I'd like nothing more than to see Milwaukee bump NY into that 9 spot.

Good call, didn't realize that

CitizenDwayne
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM

NY may be vastly more talented, but they're also vastly dumber. Than most teams, really

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 05:02 PM
NY may be vastly more talented, but they're also vastly dumber. Than most teams, really

:lol It's the Denver effect. I blame JR.

TD 21
04-11-2012, 05:03 PM
The national networks going away from the Spurs this year is a disgrace. They're the most entertaining team in the league, one of the traditional powers and dominated the league for most of last season. I don't care that they're not the attraction that the usual suspects are. It's one thing to not give them as many appearances as those teams, it's another to completely go away from them. And they've basically done that. Sure, they get the odd ESPN game, but zero ABC ones and I think two TNT ones the entire season, is beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile, the same few teams continue to get rotated in these marquee match-ups, over and over again.

Dingle Barry
04-11-2012, 06:12 PM
The national networks going away from the Spurs this year is a disgrace. They're the most entertaining team in the league, one of the traditional powers and dominated the league for most of last season. I don't care that they're not the attraction that the usual suspects are. It's one thing to not give them as many appearances as those teams, it's another to completely go away from them. And they've basically done that. Sure, they get the odd ESPN game, but zero ABC ones and I think two TNT ones the entire season, is beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile, the same few teams continue to get rotated in these marquee match-ups, over and over again.
Spurs will be wrongfully labeled as boring until Tim retires, at the earliest. He doesn't yell enough and stuff.