PDA

View Full Version : We won't get past the 2nd round

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Team needs to blow up their front court, way way too soft.

Too much dead weight, and once again, horrible size in the modern era of the NBA will get you zilch.

Spurs da champs
04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Agreed, their is no possible way we can avoid both Memphis & LAL.

Reck
04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Check again...first.

This spurs team is an absolute joke.

L.I.T
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
And now Spurstalk is swinging to the other extreme.

Sweet.

timtonymanu
04-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Playing with this shitty effort. Yeah.

Spurs have to get back to playing the way they've played during that 11 game streak.

Basketball Power
04-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Stephen Jackson doesn't play C, and that's been our weakness for years now

slick'81
04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
not if we get la in rnd 2 lol

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM

Spurs have to get back to playing the way they've played during that 11 game streak.

All the effort in the world can't make up for two good seven footers. You don't teach size.

DMC
04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Shocker. When the rest of us point this out during a winning streak, we are non-believers and not true fans.

DMC
04-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Yeah, we need to get back to playing sub-par teams.

Spurs9
04-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Bandwagon pussies get out of here.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Lakers will not shoot this well every game. We have to win 4 out of 7. I don't care what some of you say. I still like our chances. No way Artest/World Peace/Nutcase shoots this well on a consistent basis. No way Barnes shoots like this on a consistent basis. Not with Kobe in the game not letting them shoot. This was a trap game anyway. Yeah, we sucked it up tonight...we'll play better.

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Shocker. When the rest of us point this out during a winning streak, we are non-believers and not true fans.

Normally I love being right, but this time it doesn't feel so good. :depressed

Wild Cobra Kai
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Four things that are absolutely true:

We aren't as good as we looked during the streak
We aren't as bad as we look tonight
The Spurs will never shoot as poorly again this season or post season as they did tonight
MWP will never shoot as good again this season or post season as he did tonight

Spurs da champs
04-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Bynum had more rebounds then our whole team for most of the game you can't win in the playoffs if you can't rebound.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Spurs will win the West, if they can avoid LA and Memphis..

Spurs da champs
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Spurs will win the West, if they can avoid LA and Memphis..

It's gonna be next to impossible to avoid both.

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 09:35 PM
It's gonna be next to impossible to avoid both.

The only solution is to start Tiago against those teams.

Spurs da champs
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
The only solution is to start Tiago against those teams.

What makes you think Pop will do that?

MannyIsGod
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
:lol

loveforthegame
04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Going to be a repeat of last season.

Mugen
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, what did I miss???

Gregzilla
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Lakers will not shoot this well every game. We have to win 4 out of 7. I don't care what some of you say. I still like our chances. No way Artest/World Peace/Nutcase shoots this well on a consistent basis. No way Barnes shoots like this on a consistent basis. Not with Kobe in the game not letting them shoot. This was a trap game anyway. Yeah, we sucked it up tonight...we'll play better.

THIS is what's wrong with our fans now...all of y'all are focused on "shooting" and "Scoring"...we got OUT REBOUNDED 60 - 33, gave up 15 oboards...rebounding and presence down low is crucial..Duncan is not in his prime, he's 35 and we have 6'7 blair, Bonner, Diaw, and Splitter. That's a serious problem in the playoffs

Pocket Hippo
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah guys Parker will score 4pts and Metta World Peace will have MJ-like performances of 26pts for four games in the playoffs, amirite? GTFO fairweather idiots

Spurstalk summary-
Spurs beat a good team = fluke
Spurs lose a game = season over

Wild Cobra Kai
04-11-2012, 09:40 PM
THIS is what's wrong with our fans now...all of y'all are focused on "shooting" and "Scoring"...we got OUT REBOUNDED 60 - 33, gave up 15 oboards...rebounding and presence down low is crucial..Duncan is not in his prime, he's 35 and we have 6'7 blair, Bonner, Diaw, and Splitter. That's a serious problem in the playoffs

Missed

shots

lead

to

available

rebounds.

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 09:42 PM
What makes you think Pop will do that?

Don't get me wrong. I expect him to try it when the Spurs are down 3-1 or so.

Josepatches_
04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
To have Splitter is not a problem.The problem is Pop

It's crazy how Splitter played 15 min when he could be starter in a lot of teams.

Tim/Tiago could be a problem for 95% of the teams but....

Chomag

+1

Yep, this will win plenty of games, but this is a one way ticket to playoff elimination.

crc21209

+1. Artest made 5 3's and scored 26 points when he only averages about 10-12 points a game. Blake made some ridiculous fade away 3's, are you kidding me?

urunobili
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/115/7/e/__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

Hooks
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
The Spurs' only hope of winning the 'ship is if Manu returns to his MVP level last year and Tiago starts with TD, and Parker starts to knock down his jumper like he used to do that's the ONLY way they'll have a chance, and TD will have to keep on playing well and finally the Spurs will have to knock down their 3's.

That's a lot to ask for and I really doubt the Spurs can do all that.

Parker continues to struggle when a huge shot blocking big clogs the paint, happened today and happened last year against Memphis. When his jump shot isn't falling he's a mediocre PG offensively.

Bonner has disappeared nearly every single time in the PO's so he's a non factor, Blair is probably the worst defensive big man in the NBA, and Splitter just doesn't get PT.

Regular season champs!!! :flag:

Josepatches_
04-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Bynum 7-20 FG

Gasol 9-24 FG

Maybe MWP had a lucky day but you can't expect a 16/44 FG combined between Bynum/Gasol in the next game

Chomag
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM
+1. Artest made 5 3's and scored 26 points when he only averages about 10-12 points a game. Blake made some ridiculous fade away 3's, are you kidding me?
They just made more shots then we did. :pop:

Yep, thats all, nothing more.

spectator
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM
OP - you are incorrect; the clippers are still in the mix for the no 3 seed; the spurs would be heavily favored in a series vs. the clippers

Horse
04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
And now Spurstalk is swinging to the other extreme.

Sweet.
What did you expect doom and gloom motherfuckers.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-11-2012, 09:50 PM

Yeah this is really pathetic with all these people counting them out of the playoffs from one poor loss.

spursince#99
04-11-2012, 09:51 PM
lakers will not shoot this well every game. We have to win 4 out of 7. I don't care what some of you say. I still like our chances. No way artest/world peace/nutcase shoots this well on a consistent basis. No way barnes shoots like this on a consistent basis. Not with kobe in the game not letting them shoot. This was a trap game anyway. Yeah, we sucked it up tonight...we'll play better.

+1

spursince#99
04-11-2012, 09:53 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/115/7/e/__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

:lmao

Legacy
04-11-2012, 10:01 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

We got our assez :pimpslaptonight. Even :pop: didn't know WTF to say.

:lol

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 11:01 PM
+1

Yep, this will win plenty of games, but this is a one way ticket to playoff elimination.

You can't always guarantee you will shoot well in a playoff series. Sometimes you have to grind them out.

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 11:03 PM

Why does this happen after every game? It seems somebody made shots they shouldn't have been making. The Spurs somehow allow players to make unbelievable shots on them.

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Why does this happen after every game? It seems somebody made shots they shouldn't have been making. The Spurs somehow allow players to make unbelievable shots on them.

When a trend like that takes place (usually from the perimeter), it's a sign that the problem is our defense as opposed to someone making "unbelievable shots".

Bynumite
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
This game was just a preview my spurfriends... get ready for the next episode :toast

ViceCity84
04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Fall of Duncan is the fall of the Spurs.
2007 Spurs frontline-Oberto Elson washed up Horry
Not all that great,but Duncan was phenomenal.

JRHernandez88
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
:yield

Legacy
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
HHhmmmmmmm.

Maybe just maybe... The Lakers play better W/OUT Kobe??

That's right, I said it.

Damn crybaby-ball-hog he is.

:oink :dramaquee :hungry::baby:jack:angel:D

Sean Cagney
04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Check again...first.

This spurs team is an absolute joke.

Please tell me you are not Knicks fan for real saying this or you take that girl rappin in your sig serious? If so you lost on both accounts.....:lol:lol

Sean Cagney
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM

He doesn't average near 10 pts a game, last I checked it was around 5 or so....

SplitterHook
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Bynum 7-20 FG

Gasol 9-24 FG

Maybe MWP had a lucky day but you can't expect a 16/44 FG combined between Bynum/Gasol in the next game

exactly. counting on their bigs to shoot 16/40 again is more stupid than a lakers fan counting on artest to score 26 again. Artest was a great scorer. he can do it again eventually if given enough touches.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
exactly. counting on their bigs to shoot 16/40 again is more stupid than a lakers fan counting on artest to score 26 again. Artest was a great scorer. he can do it again eventually if given enough touches.

Underestimating Artest's offense is the mistake the Celtics made in the Finals in '10 and it cost them in games 6 and 7. The guy has been a scorer in the NBA before he just doesn't focus on scoring as much anymore.

Man In Black
04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Underestimating Artest's offense is the mistake the Celtics made in the Finals in '10 and it cost them in games 6 and 7. The guy has been a scorer in the NBA before he just doesn't focus on scoring as much anymore.

Losing Perk didn't help the C's just as much if not MORE!

smaka
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Chill people, it was just a game. Lakers won't shoot like that next time. TP won't be as bad as he was today. Guys will be motivated to bounce back, I just hope to see TD & Tiago play together, we need the height!

beachwood
04-12-2012, 01:37 AM

It's called confidence. And the Lakers have it in spades when they play the Spurs.

Artest plays like every Spurs player is his bitch.

siraulo23
04-12-2012, 04:10 AM
if the spurs play like this in the POs then wont make past 1st round

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Losing Perk didn't help the C's just as much if not MORE!

Throw in the referees who were calling fouls on the Celtics left and right!

Texas_Ranger
04-12-2012, 04:30 AM
if we get Mem or LAL they I agree. I see us defeat the other teams.

chazley
04-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Love coming on Spurstalk after big losses. The sky is falling attitude is hilarious - we lost ONE game and everyone wants to talk about how much we suck now and have no chance.

Did they expose some weaknesses? Yes.

Can we adjust? Of course.

If we played the Lakers 100 times in a row, would you expect that maybe 10 of those would result in blowout losses for the Spurs, and 10 would result in blowout losses for the Lakers? I believe so. Tonight just happened to be one of the nights they whooped our ass.

Don't discount the fact we probably let our guard down knowing Kobe was out, and that Lakers team came out and wanted to prove something against the best in the West.

Everything will be alright, tinfoil hat-wearers.

Also, don't discount the fact that this loss could've been great for our psyche. We have a very mentally tough group, and this will make them work harder, not give up. Great wake up call.

Texas_Ranger
04-12-2012, 04:44 AM
It's not that they lost, it's the way they lost. The big 3 looked like a bunch of afraid little girls.

And the fact is that the Lakers will still have Bynum/Gasol and the Spurs will 99% start with Blair guarding Bynum.. I would be confident if Tim/Tago lineup would work, but there's this coach that never want's to see that combo, so yea, we are fucked.

Kuestmaster
04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
We will win the west. Book it

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 04:50 AM
It's not that they lost, it's the way they lost. The big 3 looked like a bunch of afraid little girls.

And the fact is that the Lakers will still have Bynum/Gasol and the Spurs will 99% start with Blair guarding Bynum.. I would be confident if Tim/Tago lineup would work, but there's this coach that never want's to see that combo, so yea, we are fucked.

...Pretty much. Green was good and there were a few other people who came to play but without the big 3 there's no chance. Blair absolutely has no business starting on a seriously contending team and Bonner shouldn't be play extended minutes either. Yet here we are.

There's just no way we'll avoid all the good defensive teams.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 05:28 AM
...Pretty much. Green was good and there were a few other people who came to play but without the big 3 there's no chance. Blair absolutely has no business starting on a seriously contending team and Bonner shouldn't be play extended minutes either. Yet here we are.

There's just no way we'll avoid all the good defensive teams.

Exactly we're going to have to go through a good defensive team to make the Finals. We'll actually be an outlier if we make the Finals based on our defense so far.

jiggy_55
04-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Agreed, their is no possible way we can avoid both Memphis & LAL.

Of course their is.

1. Spurs finish first.
2. LAC-MEM play in the 1st round, LAC comes out on top.
3. OKC-LAL play in the 2nd round, OKC give LAL matchup problems and are likely to beat them with homecourt advantage.
4. If SAS has advanced all the way, SAS vs OKC for WCF.

Obviously to try to make sure MEM stay in 4th or 5th, we need to beat them tonight and hope for the best later on (i.e hopefully we beat out OKC for first place).

TJastal
04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Missed

shots

lead

to

available

rebounds.

Did

you

go

full

retard

?

TJastal
04-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Artest has been slowly heating up the past couple weeks. I mentioned it in a previous thread last week. You can probably expect similar statlines from him for the remainder of the year. Barnes is clicking now too.

Spur|n|Austin
04-12-2012, 07:25 AM
And if we do get past the first and second rounds, do you band wagoners promise to stop posting?

bus driver
04-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Bandwagon pussies get out of here.

+1

at least we know who the tshirts are

NRHector
04-12-2012, 11:55 AM

it goes both ways

Sean Cagney
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
if the spurs play like this in the POs then wont make past 1st round

This is very true, worry about that first.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Too much dead weight, and once again, horrible size in the modern era of the NBA will get you zilch.

If this is true then Miami is in a heap of trouble.

SenorSpur
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM

I'm with that. Watching that massacre is yet another indication that the Spurs STILL have not address their skill and size deficiencies on the frontline.

I'm not going to blame it all on Bonner and Blair, even though both were horrible. The fact of the matter is these two should not be on the same team, much less on the same floor together.

Yes, Tim was horrific in his own right, and there is no excuse for his poor effort. Still, if the Spurs are going to be forced to depend upon h is 35-year old body to match the rebounding and point totals of Bynum, that should tell everyone that they've got bigger problems.

The problem I have here is that we're four years into this much-criticized Pau Gasol trade, for which Pop was none too happy about when it went down. Since then, the Spurs coach, President and FO guru has done nothing to counter. It's silly to keep watching the Spurs routinely get dismantled by the more dominant and physical frontlines of the NBA, while Pop trots out a 35 year-old Duncan and the Turd Towers. Didn't we all watch this movie last spring versus the Grizzlies? Has the management of this team NOT learned anything?

I'm afraid Pop is going to have to do what he's been fearing, rebuild the frontline to provide TD more support. Get rid of Blair and Bonner this summer and get at least 2 more qualified frontline players. Otherwise, expect 1st and 2nd round exits the next couple of years.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm with that. Watching that massacre is yet another indication that the Spurs STILL have not address their skill and size deficiencies on the frontline.

I'm not going to blame it all on Bonner and Blair, even though both were horrible. The fact of the matter is these two should not be on the same team, much less on the same floor together.

Yes, Tim was horrific in his own right, and there is no excuse for his poor effort. Still, if the Spurs are going to be forced to depend upon h is 35-year old body to match the rebounding and point totals of Bynum, that should tell everyone that they've got bigger problems.

The problem I have here is that we're four years into this much-criticized Pau Gasol trade, for which Pop was none too happy about when it went down. Since then, the Spurs coach, President and FO guru has done nothing to counter. It's silly to keep watching the Spurs routinely get dismantled by the more dominant and physical frontlines of the NBA, while Pop trots out a 35 year-old Duncan and the Turd Towers. Didn't we all watch this movie last spring versus the Grizzlies? Has the management of this team NOT learned anything?

I'm afraid Pop is going to have to do what he's been fearing, rebuild the frontline to provide TD more support. Get rid of Blair and Bonner this summer and get at least 2 more qualified frontline players. Otherwise, expect 1st and 2nd round exits the next couple of years.

Pop has basically decided his counter to size is small ball and spacing the floor. Matt Bonner is the secret weapon. However against a good defensive team it's not going to work.

Spurs9
04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
*BUMP* to show the pussies who tried to jump ship on the last loss. F yo bandwagon nigga :nope

rascal
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
*BUMP* to show the pussies who tried to jump ship on the last loss. F yo bandwagon nigga :nope

Looks like your the bandwagon after the Spurs win.

will_spurs
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
This game was just a preview my spurfriends... get ready for the next episode :toast

In many series the preview sucks, but the following episode is much improved.

TampaDude
04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Preview or Fluke.

Spurs have the personel to match up with any team in the league period and beat them in a 7 game series. Question is, will Pop utilize the right matchups are continue with a trend. Well, he pitched a change up last night and the Lakers got smacked.

The first game against the Lakers was a fluke. Every team has a crapfest from time to time. Last night, you saw the REAL 2012 Spurs.

:lobt2: numbah five is in sight! :hat

boutons_deux
04-18-2012, 12:16 PM
"Every team has a crapfest from time to time"

Tony has had more than just "time to time" sleepwalking games.

TampaDude
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
"Every team has a crapfest from time to time"

Tony has had more than just "time to time" sleepwalking games.

Well, last night, he was in the friggin' zone. That midrange J was au-to-ma-tic!

Spurs9
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Bump to show the fake ass fans doubting our spurs :lmao

TheSkeptic
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Bump to show the fake ass fans doubting our spurs :lmao

What are you talking about? The Spurs have made the changes we were looking for and the results are speaking for themselves.

thOOdee
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
wow i thought this was an anti jinx thread when first reading...hah

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Leading the series 2-0. But hey, the Spurs are still losing in the WCSF, right?

I can't wait for the Western Conference Finals to begin.