PDA

View Full Version : Why does Pop insist on not matching up size at the paint?

edgar
04-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Has it ever been successful?

Does Tim and Blair (insert anyone not named Tiago) really give you an advantage or is it simply that Tim and Tiago don't play good together?

Also, when Green wasn't missing any 3's, why did the one guy missing 3's aka Patty Mills decides its he who should be taking all the 3's in the end?

/rant

DejuanorwhatDude
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
/agreed. Any dumbass would put the two BIGGEST MEN on the team to get the most minutes against a team that has great bigmen. What does Pop do instead? He starts as small a lineup as he possibly can. Absolutely awful coaching tonight.

DejuanorwhatDude
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
At some point Tim has to shake some sense into Pop. No one else can explain to somebody who obviously feels he's infallible that Blair HAS to come off the bench.

skin
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Next time he'll start an even smaller lineup just to prove his point.

Scared!

SA210
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Because Pop's a stubborn asshole, and too many people in here kiss his ass. if Pop got back to his defensive philosophies like he used to in years past, this team wouldn't have gone out like bitches tonight, and wont go out like bitches in the playoffs.

Keepin' it real
04-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Because this team is not about size and defense. It's about scoring, specifically outside shooting, and having only one true "big" in the game at a time.

I'm not saying I agree, but it is what it is.

Josepatches_
04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
With TD shooting JS why Splitter can't play with him?

Well..there is nothing except dunks Blair can do better than Splitter tbh.. so I can't see why Splitter is a worst fit than Blair with TD.

None of them have a great JS,both played well pick & roll,both can score in the paint... but Splitter has a better post game,has size and his defensive game is a lot better. It's a no headache.

Cane
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
There's only one reason thats worth a damn tbh, and thats to always have a center ready to play. Otherwise they risk foul trouble and the Spurs are in a world of shit if they have to rely on the turd towers against 7 footers

But at this point Splitter needs to start especially against the Lakers

Legacy
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't know... but it makes perfect sense to me to match up size, and I'm sure 99.9 percent of Spurs fans agree with you.

I know Pops is schizo... maybe he's becoming "legally blind" as well..???

:nerd

In whatever case....

:idiot !!!!!!!!!!

TimmehC
04-11-2012, 10:37 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Don-Nelson-whiskey.JPG
Like father, like son...

lefty
04-11-2012, 10:42 PM
CIA Pop

Brown doesnt play Kobe

Pop will play his bigs more often vs the Lakers in the PO

wanggi
04-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Matching up size at the paint?
Only a few teams in the league can match up size with the Lakers.
Bynum is a beast if you let him dominate in the paint.

SA210
04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
CIA Pop

Brown doesnt play Kobe

Pop will play his bigs more often vs the Lakers in the PO

:facepalm

Yea, just like all the other years

SA210
04-11-2012, 10:54 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Don-Nelson-whiskey.JPG
Like father, like son...

silverblk mystix
04-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Matching up size at the paint?
Only a few teams in the league can match up size with the Lakers.
Bynum is a beast if you let him dominate in the paint.

or if you start a 6'5'' fat center....

mkurts
04-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Bad defense. Terrible Shooting. Horrific Rebounding. No Star Closer.

There is a dire need to at a bare minimum - bring in a defensive, rebounding big shot blocker to play next to Tim Duncan for at least 20 minutes a night, this small ball crap with the likes of Blair and Bonner anchoring the defense isn't going to take the team very far.

Note that this Lakers is far worse than previous years, didn't have Phil Jackson or Kobe Bryant, and yet completely crushed a good Spurs team (+ Big Three) which was supposed to be fighting OKC for the #1 Seed in the West.

ViceCity84
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Splitter should be first big off bench @ 6 minute mark.
Diaw starts first 6 minutes.He's a part time player too.
Duncan and a bunch of part time lovers on frontline.

lefty
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
:facepalm

Yea, just like all the other years

:cry

DMC
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Pop has a troll account here and nothing pleases him more after clinching the playoffs than watching the meltdown. It's a wonder he didn't start Patty Mills at C just to fuck with you. When he gets the CotY, he's going to troll the fuck out of you.

PublicOption
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
http://assets.clickmotive.com/Customers/K/KCWSPerformanceToyotaofLaVista/customerImage/SANDBAG1.jpg

SenorSpur
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Because Pop still believes every team can be beaten with superior passing and 3-pt shooting. Size, rebounding & defense be damned.

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Pop has a troll account here and nothing pleases him more after clinching the playoffs than watching the meltdown. It's a wonder he didn't start Patty Mills at C just to fuck with you. When he gets the CotY, he's going to troll the fuck out of you.

Half of ST posts and threads over the past two years are because of Pop not playing Splitter.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Whats funny about that is, Pop used to coach games by matchups.

He would go small for small big for big.

Totally gone away from that which is just strange.