PDA

View Full Version : Curious...Assume Pop started Duncan & Splitter together...

Man In Black
04-11-2012, 10:11 PM
And the Lakers still win by double digits in both points and rebounds...

What's your fallback plan then?

Spurs Brazil
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
RJ sucks, oh wait...

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
It's not about guaranteeing a win MIB. It's about playing your best players and matching up somewhat size-wise. Sometimes you'll win and other times you won't. That's a lot easier to swallow than Blair/Bonner playing ahead of a 7 footer who's size would've been useful this game.

mexicanjunior
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Then I would at least feel Pop did everything he could with what he had to win the game. Losing firing your best set of bullets is acceptable...bringing a watergun to a nuclear warhead battle is idiocy.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Why assume again?

SA210
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Maybe he should give it a try 1st

Josepatches_
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Then I would at least feel Pop did everything he could with what he had to win the game. Losing firing your best set of bullets is acceptable...bringing a watergun to a nuclear warhead battle is idiocy.

This

Keepin' it real
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
RJ sucks, oh wait...

:rollin

Man In Black
04-11-2012, 11:03 PM
To me, this game tonight was a war game, a military exercise.
Back in the day, there was this movie that starred Matthew Broderick(before Ferriss Bueller) called War Games. It was about a hacker who got access to a NORAD Simulation PC. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

There's this scene where all types of Military strategies are all on the screen with names like the Anzac Contingent, The Philippine Variant, and the Venezuelan Phalanx. In order to get to an answer...all of that needed to be finished simulating.
I think that's exactly what the dude with the Soviet Studies degree is doing.
Reg season is War Games
Playoffs is War.

Russ
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Back in the day, there was this movie that starred Matthew Broderick(before Ferriss Bueller) called War Games. It was about a hacker who got access to a NORAD Simulation PC. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

There's this scene where all types of Military strategies are all on the screen with names like the Anzac Contingent, The Philippine Variant, and the Venezuelan Phalanx. In order to get to an answer...all of that needed to be finished simulating.
Reg season is War Games
Playoffs is War.

Whatever you got, I'll take some. :)

mexicanjunior
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM

Reg season is War Games
Playoffs is War.

As much as I love the movie WarGames, this is the silliest analogy I have ever read. If Pop wants to treat statement games against conference rivals with playoff seeding being determined like preseason, might as well have given the big 3 the night off.

SequSpur
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM
splitter fucking sucks... That's why! Wtf is wrong with you guys? He is what he is...fucking awkward, shitty, overrated and terrible...that's why he doesn't fucking start....

God damn...if you weren't brainwashed spurs fans...wtf would you be?

DPG21920
04-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I agree withSS. Tiago isn't that good.

silverblk mystix
04-11-2012, 11:12 PM
so wtf does RED signify?

Wild Cobra Kai
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Splitter 2 rebounds. Blair 4 rebounds.

ViceCity84
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Bonner/Diaw off bench
What's the difference.Tiago protects the paint as well as Diaw.

Dex
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
so wtf does RED signify?

Sequ's really mad. :madrun

Man In Black
04-12-2012, 12:22 AM
As much as I love the movie WarGames, this is the silliest analogy I have ever read. If Pop wants to treat statement games against conference rivals with playoff seeding being determined like preseason, might as well have given the big 3 the night off.

STATEMENT GAME FOR WHOM?

This game was more important for the LAL because of the potential repercussions of what happens should the Clippers win the Pacific. Living out here in SoCal forces me to listen to LA centric sports radio and I could tell you that no one out here gave the LAL any chance of winning. Post game show talked about if the LAL could play like that when Bean comes back. They said they HOPE so.
At least until the LAL delivers their next lackluster performance, Mike BROWN won't be called Mike CLOWN.
End of game I could swear I saw Mike teliing Tim Thanks.

Legacy
04-12-2012, 12:35 AM
RJ sucks, oh wait...

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Legacy
04-12-2012, 12:39 AM

I have to agree. I like that answer very much, thank you. :worthy: LOL

smaka
04-12-2012, 12:54 AM
It's not only about scoring, Tiago can at least play some D, instead of Blair.

slayermin
04-12-2012, 12:56 AM
One of those games. I know we are not that bad and they are not that good.

Great performance by Bynum. What else can you say? Let's see what happens in LA. I for one can't wait.

Man In Black
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM

If this match-up occurs in the playoffs and Bynum is dominant early and Tiaggo isn't the 1st big off the bench. I bow down to y'all's wisdom like so.:worthy:

Again... IMHO Tonight was a war game simulation.
The playoffs is the real thing. With how palsy both teams looked at the end of the game, it reminded me of a Soccer Friendly. The only thing missing was the Jersey exchange.

z0sa
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Tiago Splitter should start and play big minutes vs LA. One can argue with Pop using Bonner more against many teams, but vs the biggest and most talented frontcourt in the League, Spurs need their biggest defenders, finishers and rebounders in .. logic demands it. I'm convinced Pop is trolling SpursTalk.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Tiago Splitter should start and play big minutes vs LA. One can argue with Pop using Bonner more against many teams, but vs the biggest and most talented frontcourt in the League, Spurs need their biggest defenders, finishers and rebounders in .. logic demands it. I'm convinced Pop is trolling SpursTalk.

:lol

I'm starting to think his entire season has been about trolling SpursTalk tbh.

Legacy
04-12-2012, 01:09 AM

Man, fuck yo team, clown.