PDA

View Full Version : Question:

Blackjack
04-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I haven't been able to watch the NBA at all this year, really. So my question is:

What team actually controls their own destiny?

Is there a team, regardless of matchup, you expect to win a 7-game series - and is a flat-out failure if they don't?

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Miami.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
No, they have all serious flaws..

Miami looked unbeatable to start the year, but they have regressed, due to injuries and coaching..

Matchups will determine the Champions, this year..

Mel_13
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
sup 'Jack

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I still expect Miami to come in a series and beat the shit out of the any Eastern foe, despite their recent setbacks.

Blackjack
04-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Haven't been too impressed with the Heat when I've had the chance to see 'em play, don't think they want any more of Boston - and I'm guessin LA and Memphis would be a nightmare inside, should they meet up.

Thinkin you're right, Harlem - and doin it to it, Obi.

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Feel like the Heat are just coasting the regular season like the Miami lifestyle...maybe I'm wrong. HH/Ace are the better Heat figures.

TIMMYtoZO
04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Miami controls their own destiny. It just comes down to health. If they are healthy, no one will come close to beating them in a series.

FkLA
04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
The San Antonio Spurs.

Blackjack
04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
The Spurs have the best chance they've had in a long time. But ...

They don't have a prime Duncan, Ginobili, or Pop.

Every Champion needs a little luck - they need more than they've ever had.

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
The Spurs need more than just luck -- they need a frontline.

whitemamba
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
tbh for me its the lakers, i feel like if they dont win it all its a failure.

DMC
04-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I haven't been able to watch the NBA at all this year, really. So my question is:

What team actually controls their own destiny?

Is there a team, regardless of matchup, you expect to win a 7-game series - and is a flat-out failure if they don't?
None. You cannot control destiny. If it's destined, it's going to happen.

However, OKC is the best team, not the Bulls or Heat. OKC has starters that can match or beat the Bulls or Heat, and a much better bench. I've said all year that the Lakers are going to be the team to beat, and I still think they might be, but OKC is so fast and long they can deal with the bigs of the Lakers.

Spurs are good, but the talented players are too small.

Robz4000
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
If they avoid the Lakers, they can win. Not sold on Memphis seeing as they've beaten them 3 times this season (once with a healthy Zbo) but tomorrow night will reveal all. If it's like tonight, then the Spurs' ceiling is the 2nd round unless whoever else is in their bracket pulls off an upset.

Blackjack
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM

You can get lucky or unlucky avoiding a single team, i.e. the Rockets avoiding the Sonics or in the case of the latter, the Suns not avoiding the Spurs - and the Spurs may have fit both cases with the Lakers in '04 and the Mavs in '06.

The Lakers just have a dominant frontline when they're right, combined with the Spurs having a paint-oriented offense - the Big 3's offense is all predicated on the paint, whether that's Tim playin big or the drive/drive-and-kick game of Parker and Ginobili - it's a No Bueno matchup.

Haven't watched as much as I'd like to, but I thiink the Spurs could overcome their frontline against anyone other than the Lakers this year. They may lose for another reason ... but I think LA's the only team that beats them because of it.

pass1st
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Tlong's response in January: T-blazers

Tlong's response today: :flag:

DMC
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a troll, but I honestly believe the Lakers could go far with Bryant on the bench. If he comes back in, I think they lose in the 2nd round.

Venti Quattro
04-11-2012, 11:18 PM
This win is big, because it allows for Kobe to try and buy more time.

Blackjack
04-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Then it's fool's gold. The way the Lakers match up with the Spurs ain't the way they match up with the rest of the contenders.

If Kobe needs rest, he should rest - statements don't mean shit if you ain't healthy when it counts.