Fuck Nba.com and their 30 sec ads.
I got shit to do like more venting.

SA210
04-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Will Pop ever accept blame?

:pctoss

DMC
04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Pop will accept blame when he's making more than his players.

DesignatedT
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM

Pop accepts the same amount of blame than he does credit.

DPG21920
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
It would have been interesting if someone would have mentioned to Tim his deplorable stats vs LA recently to see his response.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM

oh give me a fucking break.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM
It would have been interesting if someone would have mentioned to Tim his deplorable stats vs LA recently to see his response.

*shoulder shrug*

SA210
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
oh give me a fucking break.

You already took a break when you quit on your team and left in the 3rd quarter

DPG21920
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
*shoulder shrug*

:lol Probably an accurate response

Ice009
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
TP said LA's size wasn't the problem. He did say that he played poorly, but didn't acknowledge the Lakers size.

Danny Green straight up said TP's shot were altered, challenged, blocked.

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
I didn't think Tim played all that bad all things considered. The rebounding wasn't good but he at least scored and blocked a couple shots. Against LAL's frontcourt he just needed more help imo.

timvp
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Green kinda calls out the Big 3 :wow

Like it, tbh.

jestersmash
04-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Pop will accept blame when he's making more than his players.

Popovich is the 5th highest paid member of the Spurs after the big 3 and stephen jackson @ $6 million/year

TheSkeptic
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Popovich is the 5th highest paid member of the Spurs after the big 3 and stephen jackson @ $6 million/year

How annoying.

By the way, I'm liking what I'm seeing from Green. Sounds like he really hates losing. I'm officially in favour of him keeping his starting spot. :wow

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
You already took a break when you quit on your team and left in the 3rd quarter

Next time my wife is sick at the game, I'll tell her to suck it up because some fuckwad on an internet board demands you sit through the entire game.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
:lol Probably an accurate response

I kind of equate Duncan and Pop's responses the same.

You want the questions asked, but you know the answers will be stares and non answers.

DPG21920
04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Probably, but Tim seems to answer a bit more candidly.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Can't argue with Green's answer on the defense.

The first half the D was ok, you had Artest shooting threes up left and right and I'd agree thats a sound strategy.

The third quarter the dunk from Barnes just showed a total lack of give a shit.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Probably, but Tim seems to answer a bit more candidly.

Once in a while.

crc21209
04-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Gotta love Green calling out the Big 3 somewhat. :tu Someone should've asked Tony if he was saving his effort for the Nueve Lounge tonight for the after party? :lol

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Gotta love Green calling out the Big 3 somewhat. :tu Someone should've asked Tony if he was saving his effort for the Nueve Lounge tonight for the after party? :lol

:lol

That would've gotten the evil eyebrows.

therealtruth
04-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Manu and DG are the only ones to admit the Lakers size was a problem. Pop went out of his way to not admit it. News flash to Pop: being seven foot and having long arms helps to grab rebounds and no amount of effort can change that.

At least if Pop plays Tiago he has a greater chance of getting the rebound or an over-the-back foul being called on Bynum.

letmk
04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Unlike "veteran" interviewees, Green gives out honest opinions.

therealtruth
What happened to Pop's rest strategy? Maybe they need to take more games off?

T Park
Manu and DG are the only ones to admit the Lakers size was a problem. Pop went out of his way to not admit it. News flash to Pop: being seven foot and having long arms helps to grab rebounds and no amount of effort can change that.

At least if Pop plays Tiago he has a greater chance of getting the rebound or an over-the-back foul being called on Bynum.

the over the back foul isn't called on ANYONE anymore.

DPG21920
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Not that it changes things tonight but Bynum gets away with more 3 second violations than anyone I've seen in recent history.

Mugen
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Danny hasn't gotten over himself yet. Good for him, tbh.

T Park
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Not that it changes things tonight but Bynum gets away with more 3 second violations than anyone I've seen in recent history.

Don't forget traveling.

I swear to god he changes pivot feet everytime he's in the post.

Juventini
04-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Pop sounds like he's actually admitting defeated this time, you can see he avoided the reporters eyes when he asked about whether the Lakers frontcourt is too long. It seems to me that he finally realizes that his plan is not working and we need more size in the paint.
Also, even last year when we lost to the Grizzlies, Pop believed that we lost the series because we didn't have 100% healthy Manu. However, this time he has no other alternative excuses to believe but our frontcourt's size.

T Park
04-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Honestly surprised Pop didn't drop the soft card.

Perfect opportunity theoretically.

T Park
04-12-2012, 12:01 AM

crc21209
04-12-2012, 12:06 AM

+1. It's pretty laughable at times how long he stays camped out in the paint...

jestersmash
04-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Anyone else think the refs have been unusually inconsistent for these past 2 games? The Utah game was a travesty (in Utah's favor), and I thought the reffing tonight was a travesty (in our favor). We probably should've lost by 35 or so had the reffing been fair and neutral.

I thought there were a handful of times we fouled Bynum and the refs swallowed their whistles. There was a missed call (in the Lakers favor) in the 1st or 2nd quarter where Joey Crawford didn't see Pau Gasol throw the ball away out of bounds and another ref gave it to L.A. Upon seeing the replay, though, the entire crowd voiced their discontent, letting the refs know that they blew a call (there's a distinct difference in crowd noise between sheer homerism and actual anger at missing an obvious call :lol).

I felt like the refs let some physical play on Bynum go after that missed call.

I just wish refs would call games fairly and neutrally without resorting to what appears to be "make up calls" or whatnot, but on the bright side it's only been egregiously awful for these past two games.

T Park
04-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Agreed.

I could live without some of the calls in the Spurs favor if they called Bynum for traveling once in a while...

Robz4000
04-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Not liking what I'm seeing from these interviews. Pop isn't admitting it, but his body language is saying his confidence in his gameplan is shaken; the fact he avoids it kinda surprises me, he usually is blunt with his assessments. Same can be said for Timmy, though I like how he guarantees a better performace. Tony claims the same things over and over, just saying his shots weren't falling; you played scared. Manu kinda tells it like it is, the Lakers just stepped up and played a hell of a game, but admitted the Lakers size poses a problem. Only positive is Green coming out and saying what happened. He looks/sounds pissed, which I like to see.

Juventini
04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Not liking what I'm seeing from these interviews. Pop isn't admitting it, but his body language is saying his confidence in his gameplan is shaken; the fact he avoids it kinda surprises me, he usually is blunt with his assessments. Same can be said for Timmy, though I like how he guarantees a better performace. Tony claims the same things over and over, just saying his shots weren't falling; you played scared. Manu kinda tells it like it is, the Lakers just stepped up and played a hell of a game, but admitted the Lakers size poses a problem. Only positive is Green coming out and saying what happened. He looks/sounds pissed, which I like to see.

Guess I'm not the only one who realizes that Pop is actually questioning that his gameplan is not working, at least, with the Lakers.
However, I disagree that he is not admitting it. Even though he did not publicly say that they need more length inside. However, this is probably the only time I see Pop in the interview avoiding reporters eyes when being asked questions about our frontcourt.
His pride was probably hurt and won't admit that he was wrong but even the dumbest person on earth could see that we lost because of rebounds. We shot 40.7% from the floor, granted not the best shooting night ever. However, we shot 13-24 from 3. We didn't have the bad shooting night, free throw numbers were similar and we had less turnover.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Guess I'm not the only one who realizes that Pop is actually questioning that his gameplan is not working, at least, with the Lakers.
However, I disagree that he is not admitting it. Even though he did not publicly say that they need more length inside. However, this is probably the only time I see Pop in the interview avoiding reporters eyes when being asked questions about our frontcourt.
His pride was probably hurt and won't admit that he was wrong but even the dumbest person on earth could see that we lost because of rebounds. We shot 40.7% from the floor, granted not the best shooting night ever. However, we shot 13-24 from 3. We didn't have the bad shooting night, free throw numbers were similar and we had less turnover.

Just like in '10 when we lost to the Suns and Pop was saying we beat them in every category so he couldn't get why we lost.

MB3//
04-12-2012, 12:42 AM
So when the Lounge was having it's grand opening, Tony faked an injury.
Tonight, Brian McKnight is performing, and Parker was spending his time on the tweets pumping it up.

I sure hope that his Lounge isn't going to be a huge distraction come playoff time.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I liked what I heard. I also like the fact that guys like Jack are not going to roll into a giant pussy like RJ would've done after a loss like this one.

I think they'll bring it against Memphis tomorrow, and if they can pull the win, they'll be fine and move on.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 12:44 AM

:pop: "They competed better"

Juventini
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Just like in '10 when we lost to the Suns and Pop was saying we beat them in every category so he couldn't get why we lost.

I'm not sure about '10 since I didn't get to listen to his interview. However, last year playoff, you can see that he's not admitting that his gameplan was not working. Instead, he blamed the fact that Manu is not 100% healthy and convinced himself that they would have won if not for Manu's injury. At least he sounds like he is getting his ass kicked this time and not blaming anything.

Robz4000
04-12-2012, 12:46 AM
I liked what I heard. I also like the fact that guys like Jack are not going to roll into a giant pussy like RJ would've done after a loss like this one.

I think they'll bring it against Memphis tomorrow, and if they can pull the win, they'll be fine and move on.

I agree, if the Spurs bounce back and have a dominant win tomorrow, it'll shut some people up. Bynum did have a career night tonight, and the Spurs' front line isn't the worst in the league. They got up for this game more than the Spurs. Doesn't hide the fact they greatly exposed the team's weaknesses and can do so on a whim it seems, as well as the history lately of the Big 3 not playing well against them.

Spurs da champs
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I agree, if the Spurs bounce back and have a dominant win tomorrow, it'll shut some people up. Bynum did have a career night tonight, and the Spurs' front line isn't the worst in the league. They got up for this game more than the Spurs. Doesn't hide the fact they greatly exposed the team's weaknesses and can do so on a whim it seems, as well as the history lately of the Big 3 not playing well against them.

Bynum had 17 boards against us in SA last season, so it's not like this is new. But honestly you can't contend with the Grizzlies or Lakers giving them a heavy dose of Turd Towers.

Juventini
04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
:pop: "They competed better"
Look at his body language, he obviously trying to avoid the question. He looked down and not even want to look at the reporter who asked the question.
You can go back and look at his other post-game interviews. His voice changed and he has never rolled his eyeballs like crazy when he answered the questions. Something is definitely on his mind today.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Look at his body language, he obviously trying to avoid the question. He looked down and not even want to look at the reporter who asked the question.
You can go back and look at his other post-game interviews. His voice changed and he has never rolled his eyeballs like crazy when he answered the questions. Something is definitely on his mind today.

Same old Pop to me.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll add that anybody that thinks Pop will have a knee jerk reaction over a loss 10 days away from the playoffs just hasn't been a Spurfan for long, IMO.

Robz4000
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Bynum had 17 boards against us in SA last season, so it's not like this is new. But honestly you can't contend with the Grizzlies or Lakers giving them a heavy dose of Turd Towers.
MWP doesn't go off for 26 points making 75% of his shots on any given night. The Lakers bench also played ridiculously well (for them, anyway). I agree, Blair and Bonner cannot be on the floor together. Luckily, it doesn't happen much this season. I think Diaw would match up better with Zbo/Speights and Timmy can contend with Marc. Then you bring Splitter off the bench to run PnR or post up on the shorter Zbo/Speights. The perimeter D of the Grizz is what worries me more tbh. For some reason it's just a mental thing for the Spurs against the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
04-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I'll add that anybody that thinks Pop will have a knee jerk reaction over a loss 10 days away from the playoffs just hasn't been a Spurfan for long, IMO.

Nope, probably only since last year when Pop had a knee jerk reaction over the loss to the Lakers. Then had another knee jerk reaction when the Spurs were getting their asses handed to them by the Grizzlies.

Spurs da champs
04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
MWP doesn't go off for 26 points making 75% of his shots on any given night. The Lakers bench also played ridiculously well (for them, anyway). I agree, Blair and Bonner cannot be on the floor together. Luckily, it doesn't happen much this season. I think Diaw would match up better with Zbo/Speights and Timmy can contend with Marc. Then you bring Splitter off the bench to run PnR or post up on the shorter Zbo/Speights. The perimeter D of the Grizz is what worries me more tbh. For some reason it's just a mental thing for the Spurs against the Lakers.

Well when you leave dude's wide open no matter how bad they're numbers are percentage wise they're still gonna eventually hit there shots. MWP is a more then capable shooter no matter what the numbers say. Yes I'd love to see fat ass Diaw against fat ass Zbo should be fun & I agree Tony Allen is underrated big time.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Nope, probably only since last year when Pop had a knee jerk reaction over the loss to the Lakers. Then had another knee jerk reaction when the Spurs were getting their asses handed to them by the Grizzlies.

That Lakers loss was 2 months from the playoffs... and I'm sure as hell we ended last season playing pretty poorly....

It took what, 3 games? until he shuffled the board against the Grizz?

TDMVPDPOY
04-12-2012, 01:14 AM
lol waving the white flag as usual, get use to it fellas...pop has shown he will use it in the reg season and playoffs....

surprise this clown hasnt been fired yet...lol u clowns still giving him the benefit of the doubt for his 4rings...4rings dont make up for the last 5 years of horseshit coaching which are worster performances then the years the sperms couldnt defend the championship

ElNono
04-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Well when you leave dude's wide open no matter how bad they're numbers are percentage wise they're still gonna eventually hit there shots.

MWP hit some contested shot tonight. He even hit shots without flexing his knees... come on son.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 01:19 AM
MWP hit some contested shot tonight. He even hit shots without flexing his knees... come on son.

He had a bit of time to warm up.

PublicOption
04-12-2012, 02:34 AM
what pop really wanted to say was....

"We were sandbagging, because we really want to play at 100% against Memphis. That's why Gary Neal didn't play and why nobody played more than 30minutes. We will beat Memphis tomorrow and take the series from LA, later this week"

.....................CIA POP

Fireball
04-12-2012, 03:38 AM

thats it ... looking at the team stats we could have survived the rebounding deficit if not for MWP going all Jordan on the Spurs

SA210
04-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Next time my wife is sick at the game, I'll tell her to suck it up because some fuckwad on an internet board demands you sit through the entire game.

I don't believe you. That's not the reason you first gave for leaving the game. Nice try.

SA210
04-12-2012, 05:09 AM

Drop it on himself maybe, He has been soft.

Spurs da champs
04-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Again tho its the least expected player lighting us up bad trend.

Russ
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
My favorite was the Bynum interview last night on the LA (KCAL 9) postgame show.

They interviewed Bynum on the floor right after the game and asked about his 30 rebounds. The questioner recalled Mikan, Chamberlain, etc.

Bynum's Response?

"Well, I shot the ball like shit, man."

Then silence while the censhorship delay kicked in for about 10 seconds of dead air. :lol

T Park
04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't believe you. That's not the reason you first gave for leaving the game. Nice try.

Oh no, a poindexter on the internets doesn't believe me!!!

Oh noes!!!!

SA210
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh no, a poindexter on the internets doesn't believe me!!!

Oh noes!!!!

Yea, pretty much..liar

Juventini
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Same old Pop to me.

I called it Elnono :D