PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bush, with all due respect, I...

Yonivore
09-15-2004, 06:06 PM
...the great and powerful Dan Rather demand you respond to questions raised by this forged documents!

Dan Rather To Bush: ‘Answer The Questions’ (http://nyobserver.com/pages/frontpage1.asp)

A few of my favorite passages:

"We’ve heard what you have to say about the documents and what you’ve said and what your surrogates have said, but for the moment, answer the questions."

"I say that with respect," he added. "They’d be a lot stronger in their campaign if they did do that."
Yeah, like the Bush Campaign is struggling.

"Mr. Rather said that the focus on questions over the veracity of the memos was a smoke screen perpetrated by right-wing allies of the Bush administration."
I'm sorry, even CBS is focusing on the veracity of the memos. C'mon Dan, if you can't even keep your own network in your camp, how can you invoke the "vast right wing conspiracy" defense?

"This is your basic fogging machine, which is set up to cloud the issue, to obscure the truth," he said.
That one's up there with "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

"Mr. Rather said that he and his longtime CBS producer, Mary Mapes, had investigated the story for nearly five years,..."
5 years and all they got was a liar (Ben Barnes) and some fake documents. I think I'd fire them both if they worked for me.

"We eventually came in contact with somebody who said he knew about the documents, and it took a while to get in contact with the man who was supposed to have had the documents," he said. "It took a long time for us to create a reportorial relationship with him in which he trusted us, and at the same time we were checking him out to see if he was a trustworthy person."
That defies credulity.

Okay, you can read the rest...

bigzak25
09-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Counterfeit Bull Shit. :sleepy

Hook Dem
09-16-2004, 12:15 AM
Mr. Bush, I fucked up royaly and I hope you will forgive so I can keep my job or at least sell newspapers on the corner. Sincerely Dan Blather, Conspiricy Bullshit Society:served