PDA

View Full Version : Which player makes his team worse?

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Preferably only get Spurfan vote. Which player makes his team worse, Kobe Bryant or Rudy Gay?

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 01:38 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Not cool. Not in my house. Not anywhere.

http://www.google.pt/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c730253ef01538e851fb6970b-800wi&sa=X&ei=yHiGT9qxGsm0hAes9ZjhCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGJOspDlm5GtQEwYy07SWOqys3-gw

pass1st
04-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Didn't Memphis go from an irrelevant team to one of the best in the west when Gay was gone?

He's a very skilled player, but just doesn't belong in Grizzilies. It's about time LAL picked its crops from its farm team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Not cool. Not in my house. Not anywhere.

http://www.google.pt/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c730253ef01538e851fb6970b-800wi&sa=X&ei=yHiGT9qxGsm0hAes9ZjhCA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGJOspDlm5GtQEwYy07SWOqys3-gw
When you say something is gay do you realize what you say? Knock it off!

sWS0GVOQPs0

LkrFan
04-12-2012, 01:43 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

^

smaka
04-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Gay. Look what Memphis did last year in playoffs.

bus driver
04-12-2012, 08:21 AM
after last nights killing, i would say the rapist shouldnt play with bynum, gasol or world peace

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
^Playoff teams don't have a frontcourt composed of old, fatty, Scalabrine's cousin and scrub league mvp.

The Lakers are going to need Kobe to face the real competition :toast

DMC
04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
^Playoff teams don't have a frontcourt composed of old, fatty, Scalabrine's cousin and scrub league mvp.

The Lakers are going to need Kobe to face the real competition :toast
Worked great for them last season. :toast :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Gay. Look what Memphis did last year in playoffs.
What did they do other than beat a crappier version of the 2007 Suns?

DMC
04-12-2012, 08:52 AM
What did they do other than beat a crappier version of the 2007 Suns?
I've been saying this same thing. Spurfan thinks Conley was the next coming of Isiah. They beat a team that many other playoff teams would have beaten then lost in the next round. Kudos to them for their first playoff win, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Exactly. They beat a team that was built to lose in the playoffs. Maybe they didn't need Gay against San Antonio because they had such a massive advantage up front that Gasol and Randolph gave them enough offense, but not having Gay killed them against OKC.

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Worked great for them last season. :toast :lmao

26 point deficit at home vs the Kobeless Lakers, 30 boards, old man jimbo with 2 boards :lmao

whitemamba
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
i knew kobe was one of the options before i opened this thread.. i dont understand how you guys can actually think kobe makes the lakers worse.. tbh, u guys are all high

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 09:43 AM
i knew kobe was one of the options before i opened this thread.. i dont understand how you guys can actually think kobe makes the lakers worse.. tbh, u guys are all high
lol I was wondering how long it'd take for a Lakers fan to come in and take this poll seriously

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Kobe imo. If dat nigga was on the court he would've hoisted tons of long bricking jumpers that would've bounced out of Bynum's reach. Not to mention Artest would've got like 2 shots.

Real talk, the Lakers offense looks a lot more smooth when they play through the post. Bynum and Pau missed a lot of shots because the Spurs defenders were tenacious but in the end they were too short and small to do shit against Bynum/Pau on the boards. If Duncan/Splitter doesn't start against them in the playoffs, it doesn't matter if Kobe is there or not, we're getting facefucked again :depressed

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
btw how many of Bynum's rebounds were from him missing a tip at the basket and continuously tipping it back up over Blair :pctoss

DarrinS
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Carmello

FkLA
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Lakers need Kobe but tbh I dont think its farfetched to say his ego prevents the Lakers from being as good as they can be. You feed Bynum and keep him motivated and hungry, and he can be a monster. Pau is more professional about it but Bynum is the type of guy that checks out of games when he doesnt get enough touches. A team with an elite SG+by far the most dominant frontcourt in the league should be a more dominant team than theyve shown despite some of their other weaknesses.

ChrisRichards
04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Carmello

Final answer

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
A team with an elite SG+by far the most dominant frontcourt in the league should be a more dominant team than theyve shown despite some of their other weaknesses.
Couldn't agree more. The Lakers should be the favorite to win the West merely because of Kobe + the giant advantage they have up front. Sessions adds another dimension they haven't had either.

Brazil
04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
9.5/10 DOK

:lol

Bill_Brasky
04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
I've been saying this same thing. Spurfan thinks Conley was the next coming of Isiah. They beat a team that many other playoff teams would have beaten then lost in the next round. Kudos to them for their first playoff win, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet.

Yeah..memphis wasn't as great last year as Spurfan wants to think. Just because they beat the Spurs every spurfan sucked them off for :cry :cry beating the regular season champs :cry :cry and playing :cry team ball :cry without Gay, when in reality all they did was post up smaller, weaker players and grab every rebound. Gay's injury just happened to coincide with Randolph pulling his head out of his ass for the first time ever.

They might have beat OKC with Gay.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
R:loldy G:loly = 7-22 = M:lolmphis f:lolcked

Pelicans78
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I voted Gay.

Maybe not his fault. But he just isn't that great and he doesn't really make Memphis better. He's pretty much a high volume scorer and that's it. Doesn't make his teammates better. Gasol and Conley have done more for the team while Randolph was out. Heck, Allen does more when he's on the floor. But they will need Gay's perimeter scoring if they want to go further, but you could say they need Gasol, Randolph, and even Conley more. I don't hate Rudy Gay, but he's not that good of a player. He's a good scorer which Memphis will need, but the other pieces are more valuable.

ElNono
04-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I voted Gay.

Maybe not his fault. But he just isn't that great and he doesn't really make Memphis better. He's pretty much a high volume scorer and that's it. Doesn't make his teammates better. Gasol and Conley have done more for the team while Randolph was out. Heck, Allen does more when he's on the floor. But they will need Gay's perimeter scoring if they want to go further, but you could say they need Gasol, Randolph, and even Conley more. I don't hate Rudy Gay, but he's not that good of a player. He's a good scorer which Memphis will need, but the other pieces are more valuable.

Gay takes 20 shots away from ZBo and everyone else... unless he's hitting at 60%+, you take that every time...

Pelicans78
04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Gay takes 20 shots away from ZBo and everyone else... unless he's hitting at 60%+, you take that every time...

Kobe's no different. Both are pretty similar. But I guess Kobe has somewhat earned it while Gay hasn't. They will need Gay if they wanna make a deeper run, but he will also hurt them in the process if he doesn't change his approach.

They were a much better team last season after Gay went down. They were an average team before the injury and played much better afterwards.