PDA

View Full Version : Starting lineup vs. Grizzlies

smaka
04-12-2012, 02:22 AM
My wish: TP, Green, Kawhi, Duncan, Splitter.

Reality: Blair instead of Splitter.

I mean, why doesn't Pop at least give a try to start with our twin towers? If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't. But we don't know that until he at least tries that! :(

TDMVPDPOY
04-12-2012, 03:14 AM
pops got the white flag out man, this is another tank game

Texas_Ranger
04-12-2012, 04:04 AM
will the big three rest again?? Are they fucking tired??

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Assuming Pop doesn't rest anybody, I think he's going to be using the same starting line-up or possibly Diaw for Blair.

siraulo23
04-12-2012, 04:17 AM

jiggy_55
04-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Assuming Pop doesn't rest anybody, I think he's going to be using the same starting line-up or possibly Diaw for Blair.

Randolph doesn't start for Memphis, he's coming off the bench ala Manu recently, so Diaw should come off the bench when Randolph comes in. Going to be a good test for him tonight.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Randolph doesn't start for Memphis, he's coming off the bench ala Manu recently, so Diaw should come off the bench when Randolph comes in. Going to be a good test for him tonight.

:lol For a second I thought the Memphis coach was being like Pop.

Completely forgot about Zach's injury.
That makes sense then. Good to know.

angelbelow
04-12-2012, 05:56 AM
C - Tiago Splitter
PF - Tiago Splitter
SF - Tiago Splitter
SG - Tiago Splitter
PG - Tiago Splitter

Wild Cobra Kai
04-12-2012, 07:19 AM

What, exactly, did they do last night to be fucking tired? :lol This was their worst collective effort since that Dallas OT loss that the bench almost won for us.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-12-2012, 07:23 AM

I mean, why doesn't Pop at least give a try to start with our twin towers? If it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't. But we don't know that until he at least tries that! :(

Twin Towers starting => Turd towers later in the game. Tim's minutes are limited and Tiago seems to be a bit of a China doll. Neither can play heavy minutes on the regular.

Josepatches_
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Forget about starting

Let's think Tiago is never going to start while Pop is the coach.

But Tiago & Tim have to play some minutes together. Tiago can't be only a backup for TD when he's by far our second-best big and surely one of our best 4 players.

Pop has to wake up.He can't be so idiot.

Russ
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I've heard of championship teams "flipping the switch" at the end of the season.

But sometimes it seems like Pop "flips the switch" to the "off" position at seasons end. :pop::yield

Keepin' it real
04-12-2012, 10:10 AM
What, exactly, did they do last night to be fucking tired? :lol

Apparently it takes a lot of energy to bend over and take it through the pooper.

Snaq O'Meal
04-12-2012, 10:12 AM

Pop won't do it because he'll keep "pounding the rock" his way until something gives.

Snaq O'Meal
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Twin Towers starting => Turd towers later in the game. Tim's minutes are limited and Tiago seems to be a bit of a China doll. Neither can play heavy minutes on the regular.

Bynum is quite injury prone himself, yet the Lakers are not too worried about pairing him next to Gasol.

Russ
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Diaw should come off the bench when Randolph comes in.

I like it!

Diaw can muscle Zack and get in his empty head. Diaw is nothing if not basketball saavy.

Boris would be on Zack like fat on fat.:flag:

DesignatedT
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Splitter can come off the bench and still be the "2nd big". He doesn't have to start. He needs to be the first big off the bench for Blair/Diaw in the 1st and 3rd as well as end every game with Duncan.

I would start Diaw but still give the majority of the minutes to Splitter throughout the contest.

I'm talking about going forward, not just for tonight's game.