PDA

View Full Version : Marbury gets his own Statue

Indazone
04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/04/stephon-marbury-getting-his-own-statue/1#.T4aZQKt8BfQ

Not eligible for MVP in the CBA? No problem, fans vote Marbury his own statue putting him in the company of Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwan, John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, Carl Malone, and Shaquille O'Neal. Players that have their own bronze statues. :lol

Indazone
04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar does not have a statue but Stephon Marbury does? Only in America.

Well, actually, only in China.

Marbury found a home in China when no one wanted him anymore in the NBA.

That paid off for both last month when the guard scored 41 points in the final game to lead the Beijing Ducks to a title.

Because he was a foreigner he was ineligible to be MVP but as Sean Sweeney of Dime Magazine reports that doesn't mean he won't be honored.

Instead of an MVP trophy for the adopted son, Marbury will be getting a life-size bronze statue of himself, which will depict the exact moment when he got a hold of the CBA championship trophy.

A few hours after that championship game had ended, HoopCHINA.com launched a "Build Marbury A Statue" campaign. In less than a week, 1.02 million fans have voted in favor of the idea.

Said Marbury: "Words can not explain how I felt when I heard this."

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 04:11 AM
I underestimated Marbury's stature in Beijing. I thought they were just giving him the rock star treatment. He's like a god for them there :lol

NewcastleKEG
04-12-2012, 05:40 AM
China's ballin folks

DMC
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Marbury finding a needle in a haystack.