PDA

View Full Version : main goal : to stay healthy

colargol
04-12-2012, 05:10 AM
As it was wrote a thousand times Spurs have no hopes in the play off
if the big three is not fully healthy. The Lakers were fighting hard and getting physical last night and the spurs didn't respond trying to avoid any injuries ...no surprise here, it wasn't a must win game .It's regular season with few games lefted. How TP had played was the perfect example he didn't even tried to penetrate to get some calls!!!
So, for me, this loss means nothing. Anyway my concern is TP (ia'm a huge fan), is he going to play soft during the PO his main goal being the Olympics with the french national team?

rmt
04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Of course, health is important but using Manu's injury as an excuse as to why MEM beat them last playoffs is delusional. The real reason is the front line and Pop's refusal to play Splitter more and with TD. Here's a well-rested, fully healthy team that got trounced. It's up to you, Pop, to make the adjustment and for us fans to pray that it isn't too late. No excuses this time.

DarrinS
04-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Of course, health is important but using Manu's injury as an excuse as to why MEM beat them last playoffs is delusional. The real reason is the front line and Pop's refusal to play Splitter more and with TD. Here's a well-rested, fully healthy team that got trounced. It's up to you, Pop, to make the adjustment and for us fans to pray that it isn't too late. No excuses this time.

Yep

Keepin' it real
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Nah, the main goal should be mental toughness.

Mentally tough, with a few bumps and bruises >>> physically healthy but mentally soft.

When was the last time a mentally soft team won a championship?

DesignatedT
04-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I think that definitely had something to do with it. The Lakers wanted it a lot more and were willing to do what was necessary. The Spurs aren't going to bust there ass for any win here on out. They are going to keep doing what they have been doing, secure the 2 and stay healthy for the playoffs.

tbh, since I've been able to sleep on it. I actually believe these games against LAL so close to the playoffs are a great thing for the Spurs. Gives them a nice wake up call and shows the young guys what playoff basketball is going to be like.

cheguevara
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
main goal, get in rhythm, get a playoff rotation, get Manu in shape

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
The 2011 Dallas Mavs:lol

The Mavs weren't soft last year. There's no way that they comeback from all those deficits they faced by being soft.

TJastal
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I think that definitely had something to do with it. The Lakers wanted it a lot more and were willing to do what was necessary. The Spurs aren't going to bust there ass for any win here on out. They are going to keep doing what they have been doing, secure the 2 and stay healthy for the playoffs.

tbh, since I've been able to sleep on it. I actually believe these games against LAL so close to the playoffs are a great thing for the Spurs. Gives them a nice wake up call and shows the young guys what playoff basketball is going to be like.

Yet another one who thinks the team is just going to 'flip the switch' come playoffs. Dangerous thinking tbh. Better to switch into gear now like you see all the rest of the playoff teams doing so you can be in full throttle when the playoffs start, not when you're down 3-1 and facing an elimination game.

Never even mind the fact that their are 3 new players, 2 rookies & a 2nd year player who are all still learning the spurs system and need to get up to speed.

DesignatedT
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I never said I think they're going to flip the switch and I never said I agreed with the philosophy. I simply stated that the Spurs #1 goal right now is to stay healthy. They aren't going to grind extra hard for anything right now. I think that's pretty evident and last night we saw that. The Spurs didn't want the game like the Lakers did.

Rather it's the right thing to do or not I don't know but I think it's pretty clear that every Spur (outside of maybe Manu) doesn't and didn't really give a shit about last night. Including the coach.

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
main goal, get in rhythm, get a playoff rotation, get Manu in shape

This

shraediggz
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Main Goal.
Score the basket more times than the other team.

All we've got is this current bunch of guys, and Pop's system, it all rests on those two things and finding the right guys to knock down those baskets and make some stops.

Healthy or not, the Spurs will either get it done, or they won't. No need to make it more complicated then that. Just cheer your butts off if you're at the games.

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Main Goal:

Not letting one player take a colossal dump on Oldie, Fatty, Scalabrine's cousin and Scrub league mvp :lmao