PDA

View Full Version : 30.

Andrew Bynum
04-12-2012, 06:12 AM
:flag:

BRHornet45
04-12-2012, 06:17 AM
son was it 30 shot attempts for Kobe again on 27% shooting from the field?

but but but he got a lot of free throws and scored 29 points to keep his average up!!! typical night for Kobe

oh wait no ... you must be talking about one of the legit talents on the Lakers. Bynum/Gasol are co-leaders.

BRHornet45
04-12-2012, 06:31 AM
but son real talk ... bragging about Bynum grabbing 30 rebounds over old man Duncan, fat ass Blair, and that bastard redhead is like bragging about tossing Snookie's salad. absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 06:33 AM
^You mad salty :downspin:

Show some respect for the man and it's coach Bryant to you:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ano2bheH1qbsa72o1_500.jpg

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 06:45 AM
^You mad salty :downspin:

Show some respect for the man and it's coach Bryant to you:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ano2bheH1qbsa72o1_500.jpg

dayum it'd be nice if this had a bigger version so i could use it as a wallpaper.

Andrew Bynum
04-12-2012, 07:18 AM
but son real talk ... bragging about Bynum grabbing 30 rebounds over old man Duncan, fat ass Blair, and that bastard redhead is like bragging about tossing Snookie's salad. absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Let me know what other player in the league has gone for 30 rebounds against the spurs this year. Or any other for that matter.

venky
04-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Let me know what other player in the league has gone for 30 rebounds against the spurs this year. Or any other for that matter.

It sure as hell won't be anyone from the Whorenets, that's for sure.

Why Stern hasnt contracted that pathetic franchise, god only knows.

JamStone
04-12-2012, 09:33 AM
son was it 30 shot attempts for Kobe again on 27% shooting from the field?

but but but he got a lot of free throws and scored 29 points to keep his average up!!! typical night for Kobe

oh wait no ... you must be talking about one of the legit talents on the Lakers. Bynum/Gasol are co-leaders.

I'll predictably defend Kobe a little bit here. Gasol was 9-for-24 and Bynum 7-for-20 from the field, and neither had that many free throws. It's not like the blowout win was because those two were so much more efficient on offense without Kobe. They shot a combined 36% from the field. And for two 7 footers who had a big advantage on the interior, that's pretty bad too. They broke the game open because of their dominance on the glass and they got surprisingly potent scoring from Artest and Barnes, among others. Offensively, Gasol and Bynum didn't have great and efficient production scoring the ball.

whitemamba
04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I'll predictably defend Kobe a little bit here. Gasol was 9-for-24 and Bynum 7-for-20 from the field, and neither had that many free throws. It's not like the blowout win was because those two were so much more efficient on offense without Kobe. They shot a combined 36% from the field. And for two 7 footers who had a big advantage on the interior, that's pretty bad too. They broke the game open because of their dominance on the glass and they got surprisingly potent scoring from Artest and Barnes, among others. Offensively, Gasol and Bynum didn't have great and efficient production scoring the ball.

well said, bynum couldnt make a damn basket. and especially pau in the 4th, they were shutting him down.. mwp really came up big thats what won us the game, and the fact bynum almost had more rebounds than the spurs team :rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Jamstone just mentioned it but the one player who noticeably benefits from Kobe not playing is MWP. He's a horrible catch and shoot threat and that's basically all he does when Kobes playing. For whatever reason he's better at shooting off balance circus shots off the dribble which he gets to do when Kobe isn't playing. It's still pretty clear to me that Kobe is the best player on this team given how out of sorts Bynum can look when the defense is focusing on him. Kobe's the reason he gets so many one on one opportunities in the post.

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Jamstone just mentioned it but the one player who noticeably benefits from Kobe not playing is MWP. He's a horrible catch and shoot threat and that's basically all he does when Kobes playing. For whatever reason he's better at shooting off balance circus shots off the dribble which he gets to do when Kobe isn't playing. It's still pretty clear to me that Kobe is the best player on this team given how out of sorts Bynum can look when the defense is focusing on him. Kobe's the reason he gets so many one on one opportunities in the post.

Yup. Bean's still a big focal point for defenses.

Also, to anyone who thinks Kobe will sabotage the Lakers with his own theatrics in the playoffs, good luck:lol This n.igga is holding out just so he can maintain the scoring lead without having to work for it--while also getting valuable rest for the playoffs. Once he finishes as scoring champ and the playoffs begin he'll be dead set on what he wants the most: another ring, and he'll feed the bigs when the matchups present themselves.

whitemamba
04-12-2012, 09:46 AM

that makes me cringe every time he shoots the ball, but that would be true for all players no? i mean kobe gets alot of attention and doubled quite often, and he either passes to the open man, or jacks one up. but i dont think kobe assists to bynum that often, its usually pau or the pg

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Also, the more shots Kobe misses against the Spurs, the more rebounds Bynum will get:lol

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
If Kobe's a detriment and just a chucker for the Lakers, why don't you try leaving him open? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
that makes me cringe every time he shoots the ball, but that would be true for all players no? i mean kobe gets alot of attention and doubled quite often, and he either passes to the open man, or jacks one up. but i dont think kobe assists to bynum that often, its usually pau or the pg
I'm not saying Kobe assists Bynum, I'm saying Kobe is the reason Bynum doesn't have to deal with that many double teams. Look at what happens when Kobe isn't playing, Bynum's efficiency goes way down and he's seeing defenses he has no idea how to handle.

Regarding MWP, I can't remember a player who was soooooo much better at shooting off the dribble with his body off balance than shooting off the pass with his feet set :lol

whitemamba
04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
lolol, i guess hes just more comfortable, even when he shoots layups he prefers his off hand, guy is fucking weird man

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
We probably won't see another offensive effort like this from MWP again, but he's still a bitch to defend on the block when a smaller man is guarding him--even though we didn't see that as much tonight--just fade-aways. MWP has also rebounded from a subpar defensive season last year (by his usual standards). He's a big, bullyin' n.igga and you need those kinda scros in the playoffs.

JamStone
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Bull in a china shop. But all the way back to his Pacers days, he was an effective one-on-one player. Ugly but often effective.

I feel kind of the same way about Bynum tbh. He never strikes me as smooth when he backs up his defender. He crouches down into a Quasimodo shape and has some awkward releases when he shoots. Shaq would be upright, couple dribbles in, turn, dunk, or turn, quick release off the glass. Even though it's a general consensus that Bynum is one of the top centers, his offensive game though efficient is often odd and awkward to watch.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
He'll still give Durant fits if LA plays OKC

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
He's also been fantastic playing lock-down defense this season. This from a guy who has a lumbar injury.

ambchang
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
No surprises here. Bynum just dominating like he's supposed to.

He has learned to grab offensive rebounds over the years in order to get shots. Put them to good use last night.

Much respect to the Lakers.

Jt.ONE
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
He crouches down into a Quasimodo shape and has some awkward releases when he shoots.

:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM
lol ambchang

21_Dickings
04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
In celebration of this historic event, me, Blessings, and Dr House went out to West Hollywood, picked up 30 male prostitutes, and had the fuckin' orgy of our lives.

The best part was when we role played. Blessings role-played as Jim Duncan and took 30 money shots to the face, which represented Baby Drew grabbing 30 boards over Jim's tired ass. Funny shit. We joked with Blessings afterward calling him Michael Myers, for reasons I hope you can figure out.