PDA

View Full Version : Axl Rose Publicly Declines Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

HeadBanger
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/axl-rose-publicly-declines-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/?hp
By BEN SISARIO

The biggest question hanging over the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this weekend has been answered: Axl Rose has said he would not attend the event, and therefore there would be no reunion of the classic lineup of Guns N’ Roses.

Mr. Rose delivered the news in a 1,000-word open letter sent to The Los Angeles Times, which the paper published online in its entirety on Wednesday afternoon. In the letter — addressed to “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Guns N’ Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern” — he announces and, at elaborate length, explains his decision to decline the induction and to avoid the ceremony, which will be held in Cleveland on Saturday.

“I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia,” Mr. Rose wrote, “and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of ‘Guns N’ Roses.’”

Guns N’ Roses was founded in Los Angeles in 1985, with a lineup settling on Mr. Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler. Most members departed by the mid-1990s, with Slash, the lead guitarist, leaving in 1996; the original lineup has not played since 1993. In the meantime, Mr. Rose retained the name of the band and took at least 14 years and perhaps more than $13 million to make a follow-up album, “Chinese Democracy,” which was finally released in 2008 and flopped.

Summarizing Mr. Rose’s letter may be impossible, but his reasoning in turning down the rock hall appears to go something like this:

He was “honored” to be nominated but knows that an induction would be “somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation”; his decision was “personal,” and has to do with past members of Guns N’ Roses; he asserts that the current lineup of the band includes only “myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal and DJ Ashba,” despite the occasional appearance of an original member on tour; the “endless amount of revisionism” of Guns N’ Roses history is so complicated that “there isn’t room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion”; despite the honor of being nominated, he feels that “the Hall of Fame induction ceremony doesn’t appear to be somewhere I’m actually wanted or respected”; it’s “time to move on”; and something about surviving “the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types.”

In closing, he added: “I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!”

Slash was not mentioned.

redzero
04-12-2012, 06:34 AM
R 'n' R HoF is a joke anyway.

Cantina Poster
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM

I've been lurking the past week or so and it is clear to me that YOU are a joke.

Bender
04-12-2012, 07:04 AM
^ somebody defending the RnR HoF... :lol

probably half the inductees aren't even close to RnR... not to mention the ones nobody has even heard of...

redzero
04-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Then I'm just like the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Axl Rose is a douche of the highest order. I thought Eddie Van Halen was bad for his weak no show, but at least he didn't refuse induction.

jack sommerset
04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Axel is only hurting himself by not attending. Not forgiving is a poisonous pill to take. God bless.

"Forgive us the wrongs that we have done, as we forgive the wrongs others have done us."

RaZon
04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Only a fried brain would turn down a HOF induction.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is like every other HOF. Some are there who maybe shouldn't be, some aren't that need to be. Those who did make it need to cherish that honor.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-12-2012, 10:44 AM

That

JudynTX
04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
GNR is a joke.

BlackSwordsMan
04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
hall of fame is in Cleveland who the fuck wants to go to that shithole for an award

cantthinkofanything
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
vtY2RC9mTbE

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Gnr may be a joke now, but so is the rock and roll hall of fame these days. Anyone check the inductee s, lately?

They deserve to be included, based on recent inductions

RaZon
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
How cool would it be to be introduced as.....and now here is Hall of Famer Axl Rose. Sure beats the hell out of ladies and gentlemen..Axl Rose.

Woo Bum-kon
04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
How cool would it be to be introduced as.....and now here is Hall of Famer Axl Rose. Sure beats the hell out of ladies and gentlemen..Axl Rose.

Doesn't matter in the slightest.

RaZon
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Doesn't matter in the slightest.

It most certainly does. That's about the dumbest thing you've said so far.

Don't bother responding with your usual...DUH!...this thread isn't about me.

Woo Bum-kon
04-12-2012, 02:00 PM
It most certainly does.

Only to idiots like you.

JudynTX
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
F the HOF....I'd rather watch the Revolver's Golden God's Awards Show. :lol

RaZon
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Anytime there is a HOF in your line of work you are going to want to be there.

There is a situation in the NFL. Lynn Swann is in the Hall of Fame, Cliff Branch is not. If we look at their stats it's all Cliff Branch. Not even close. Swann is only there because of a few big Superbowl plays, the HOF is suppose to be about career accomplishments. Yes Branch feels slighted.

Anyone thinking an induction into any HOF isn't very important knows..0...about the situation. Or some idiot rocker.

cantthinkofanything
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Anytime there is a HOF in your line of work you are going to want to be there.

There is a situation in the NFL. Lynn Swann is in the Hall of Fame, Cliff Branch is not. If we look at their stats it's all Cliff Branch. Not even close. Swann is only there because of a few big Superbowl plays, the HOF is suppose to be about career accomplishments. Yes Branch feels slighted.

Anyone thinking an induction into any HOF isn't very important knows..0...about the situation. Or some idiot rocker.

so you'll accept your inevitable nomination for the Cocksucker Hall of Fame?

RaZon
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
so you'll accept your inevitable nomination for the Cocksucker Hall of Fame?

Coming down to your level...(15-17?)

Didn't know they had one. What year were you inducted.

Yep, pretty stupid.

cantgetitup...stick to the topic. Don't be a pest everywhere you go..got it!

Reck
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
What year were you inducted.

The year when he butt fucked your momma.

DMC
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Slash speaks out: "Fuck"

RaZon
04-12-2012, 06:49 PM
The year when he butt fucked your momma.

Respect the tread little fella....got it...good!

dirk4mvp
04-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Axl is a bosshog playboy balla.

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Respect the tread little fella....got it...good!

You disrespected the beautiful at 50 thread so GTFO.

RaZon
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
You disrespected the beautiful at 50 thread so GTFO.

You see what I brought and what you brought as being similiar...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you really that fucked up?

Wow, what a sad sack of shit this freak is.

Ok you said your...DUH! I responded. Now get back on topic.

GROW UP!

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
You see what I brought and what you brought as being similiar...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you really that fucked up?

Wow, what a sad sack of shit this freak is.

Ok you said your...DUH! I responded. Now get back on topic.

GROW UP!

I really get under your skin dont I? :lol

HeadBanger
04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I get all the R&R Hall of Fame hate but having been there it is a very cool place.

Frenzy
04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
So he still mad huh..

Spurminator
04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I get all the R&R Hall of Fame hate but having been there it is a very cool place.

How was the O'Jays exhibit?

mrsmaalox
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Such a rock n roll thing to do.....:lol

Big Empty
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
hes dumb

romad_20
04-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Who cares? Massively overrated band that had one good album and a few decent songs after that. They teetered on the verge of shitty hair metal their whole career and haven't put out shit since Terminator 2 came out.

Terminator 2, guys...

Wild Cobra Kai
04-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Who cares? Massively overrated band that had one good album and a few decent songs after that. They teetered on the verge of shitty hair metal their whole career and haven't put out shit since Terminator 2 came out.

Terminator 2, guys...

Which is close to the time that the original band went tits up. That only proves my assertion that Axl is NOT Guns and Roses, no matter how many people he kicks out of the band.

DontStopBelieving
04-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Terminator 2, guys...

Why does GNR get so much more attention than my shitty favorite bands??:(:(:(

DMC
04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Even James Hetfield says Axl Rose isn't anything GnR, and GnR isn't even anything GnR. Axl Rose is a fucking pussy.

RaZon
04-15-2012, 12:49 AM
I really get under your skin dont I? :lol

Oh hell yes:rolleyes

While here...

Axl Rose needs the HOF far more than it needs him.

Woo Bum-kon
04-15-2012, 01:08 AM
Why does Axl Rose need the Hall of Fame?

RaZon
04-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Why does Axl Rose need the Hall of Fame?

Until you start adding to the board with threads all your very own, you aren't worth my time. Done with the leg humpers.

See ya~~~~~~~~~~~~~

romad_20
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Why does GNR get so much more attention than my shitty favorite bands??:(:(:(

:lol
Butthurt GNR fan. Get over it, you peaked in high school

DontStopBelieving
04-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Butthurt GNR fan. Get over it, you peaked in high school