PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think the Grizzlies have a massive frontline?

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Marc Gasol is a big boy, this we all know, but Zach Randolph is barely 6'9", probably closer to 6'8" (about Bonner's size). Randolph is exceptionally skilled in the post and a husky chap but why do NBA fans try to make it seem like he's also a 7 foot monster standing next to Gasol? Why do people claim they have a better frontline than LA, who have 2 legit 7 foot players next to each other?

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Because they are big men who have skill and range. How do you not know this?

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
tbh I forgot they have Speights though, but imo he's not going to be much of a playoff factor

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Because they are big men who have skill and range. How do you not know this?

Of course I have, they raped my team last year :lol What I'm saying is, people make it seem like they dominate with their sheer size when in reality it's a combination of Randolph's elite post play and Gasol's size, not both of them being 7 foot towers blocking off the paint

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't think anyone tries to pass them off as a better front court than LA

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:31 AM
^Do you ever post on RealGM? :lol

JamStone
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
size is more than just height. it's also bulk and girth and width. Randolph certainly has that. it's the ability to use that size to take up space and move bodies. For example, Chris Bosh has a couple inches of height on Randolph but Randolph certainly provides more "size" than Bosh. Similar thing can be said of a guy like Carlos Boozer who is also undersized height wise.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 11:32 AM
No, I got banned from realGM awhile back after trolling the Suns fans about Rick Welts being teh gay

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
size is more than just height. it's also bulk and girth and width. Randolph certainly has that. it's the ability to use that size to take up space and move bodies. For example, Chris Bosh has a couple inches of height on Randolph but Randolph certainly provides more "size" than Bosh. Similar thing can be said of a guy like Carlos Boozer who is also undersized height wise.
It's also, imo, how good the size is compared to the rest of the league. Most teams don't have anyone who can score with his back to the basket these days because of how much the league in general lacks in post play. The Grizzlies have two guys who can. That right there will get their front court attention.

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Real talk: if Pop wasn't a dumbfuck and actually started Tiago next to Tim, would the Spurs be considered one of these teams with "massive size upfront?"

God dammit I hate Pop. :pctoss The Spurs have a great set of bigs off the bench including one who should be starting. If this retard would just switch Blair and Splitter we'd have one of the more versatile frontcourts in the league. But no, he's content to watch Bynum tower over Blair/Bonner's outstretched hands and tip rebounds to himself with ease

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM
No, I got banned from realGM awhile back after trolling the Suns fans about Rick Welts being teh gay

I got banned there for starting a game thread without permission :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I got banned for starting a game thread without permission :lmao
A year ago I started in a thread in the off season about how Childress and Turkoglu were gonna suck and how Babby was a horrible GM (or whatever his title is). Every poster on that site lashed out at me and told me how they had a great off season and would be even better than the year before. They got really angry at me because once the season started I would bump that thread every week. I got banned like a few minutes after I made a thread about Rick Welts.

hater
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
compared to Spurs they are massive because they play massive.

Blair plays like a 6,6 small forward

Bonner plays like a 6,5 shooting guard

mavs>spurs
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Team cancer rudy gay makes their front court worse :cry

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
compared to Spurs they are massive because they play massive.

Blair plays like a 6,6 small forward

Bonner plays like a 6,5 shooting guard

Son wtf are you talking about? Blair plays his position he's just too fucking small, it's not his fault Pop is a dumbfuck and insists on trying to make him guard players who have 7 inches on him. Putting Blair on Bynum is like having Parker guard LeBron James

ElNono
04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
They're skilled, but ZBo IMO it's the much more dangerous offensive guy. Gasol is much more important for their defense.

BUMP
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Why do people claim they have a better frontline than LA, who have 2 legit 7 foot players next to each other?

who the fuck said that?

hater
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Son wtf are you talking about? Blair plays his position he's just too fucking small, it's not his fault Pop is a dumbfuck and insists on trying to make him guard players who have 7 inches on him. Putting Blair on Bynum is like having Parker guard LeBron James

watch a sf try to defend a PF/C: that's Blair

watch a guard try to defend F/C: that's Bonner

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 12:05 PM

watch a guard try to defend F/C: that's Bonner

okay, makes sense :lol

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
who the fuck said that?

a lot of people on RealGM support this claim, mostly going off of Bynum's immaturity and Pau's pussy soreness in the last playoffs.

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Gasol and Z-Bo have the advantage over every frontcourt they face, except LA

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM

then again, Jack did a good job on Dirk half a decade ago :lol

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Gasol and Z-Bo have the advantage over every frontcourt they face, except LA

I kind of fear them though. They raped LA's frontcourt in Los Angeles. Well aside from Mike Brown putting Steve Blake on OJ Mayo.

ChrisRichards
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
They dont have a massie frontline but they're easily the second best skilled line in the West.

LobCity
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Gasol is massive. Randolph is hard to move and can get position on pretty much anybody at 6'9''. Plus before Darrell Arthur went down, they had another stud 4 coming in off the bench.

Spurtacus
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Gasol and Randolph may not be the tallest but they play like a big. Not like Bonner and Blair. Grizz are without Darrell Arthur too.

LkrFan
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Z-Bo has a long wingspan and girth so he plays bigger than he is. Fat Gasol is almost as skilled as his brother. Both can hit 15 foot jumpers and both like to bang. That's why IMO.

LkrFan
04-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't think anyone tries to pass them off as a better front court than LA

This.

Bill_Brasky
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Memphis has 2 guys who bang inside.

Unless you can counter that with 2 skilled big men with size, they're gonna outrebound you.