PDA

View Full Version : "CNN is less biased than Fox"

RandomGuy
04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
In what some might consider an act of GOP political suicide, Newt Gingrich slammed Fox News earlier this week, saying that the cable news channel has favored Mitt Romney throughout the 2012 Republican race--and that CNN has been the more "fair-and-balanced" network this cycle.

"I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through," Gingrich said during a meeting with Tea Party leaders in Delaware on Wednesday, according RealClearPolitics.com, which said it was granted access to the private event. "In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact."

The former House Speaker blasted the Roger Ailes-led network, blaming Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO of Fox News owner News Corp., for the bias.

"I assume it's because Murdoch at some point said, 'I want Romney,' and so 'fair and balanced' became 'Romney,'" Gingrich said. "And there's no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt-gingrich-cnn-less-biased-fox-news-141511492.html

Murdoch's preference was obvious to everybody, including Maddow long ago, as was the blatant shilling for him.

Funny to see the source of the charge though.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
its pretty obvious that Fox tries to influence elections. Thats why I laugh when CC claims that the news cast is actually 'fair and balanced.' I have a friend that is a local level news producer and we have had many conversations about how what you choose to report or not report is just as if not more influential than going demagogue.

Spur_Fanatic
04-12-2012, 12:56 PM
It's true.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Funny how Gingrich suddenly has credibility when it fits your blue team narrative.

boutons_deux
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Secretive, paranoid Roger Ailes runs a Repug propaganda outfit, dumbing down its listeners exactly how they want to be dumbed down.

The Big Lie is the Fox Repug Propaganda Network is an independent news operation.

cantthinkofanything
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Secretive, paranoid Roger Ailes runs a Repug propaganda outfit, dumbing down its listeners exactly how they want to be dumbed down.

The Big Lie is the Fox Repug Propaganda Network is an independent news operation.

says the most biased nutjob on the internets

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Funny how Gingrich suddenly has credibility when it fits your blue team narrative.

Oh there is no question he is your typical political shit head but when someone states the obvious it is what it is. Personally, i referred to talking with news producers precisely because Gingrich on his own has little credibility.

That has nothing to do with him being GOP or not. For example, I think McCain and Paul are sincere. I also agree with quite a bit of the narrative from the New Republic, National Review and Foreign Affairs.

TV news in general is shit but Newscorp affiliates are especially notorious.

TeyshaBlue
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
teaspoon of sewage in a barrel of wine = sewage

10 gallons of sewage in a barrel of wine = sewage

RandomGuy
04-12-2012, 01:22 PM

I didn't say he was any more credible than he was before, merely that it was funny. :toast

cheguevara
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
CNN goes through lengths to appear non-biased.

FOX does not really care. They are what they are.

CNN's fake unbiased scam is more alarming IMO. Why? because ppl actually believe blindly what CNN says. From Fox, generally intelligent ppl usually seek a 2nd opinion.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
CNN goes through lengths to appear non-biased.

FOX does not really care. They are what they are.

CNN's fake unbiased scam is more alarming IMO. Why? because ppl actually believe blindly what CNN says. From Fox, generally intelligent ppl usually seek a 2nd opinion.

You really think the 'ditto head' types are looking for a second opinion? And from my experience most people are stupid. At least around here most people can use a computer and are not Luddites.

boutons_deux
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
"generally intelligent ppl usually seek a 2nd opinion."

generally intelligent ppl don't watch Fox

cheguevara
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
You really think the 'ditto head' types are looking for a second opinion? And from my experience most people are stupid. At least around here most people can use a computer and are not Luddites.

was not talking about the ditto head types.

was talking about the "generally intelligent" ppl. Could they be getting CNN content for granted?? I think so, because of the fake meme "CNN is unbiased"

FuzzyLumpkins
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
was not talking about the ditto head types.

was talking about the "generally intelligent" ppl. Could they be getting CNN content for granted?? I think so, because of the fake meme "CNN is unbiased"

Must be difference of perception. There is of course Fox News' slogan and on the other end CNN, Ted Turner and his obvious liberal proclivities. I have always gotten the ide that conventional wisdom has CNN on the left and Fox on the right with talk radio and MSNBC on the lunatic fringe.

cheguevara
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Fox = known fascists
NBC = known communists

CNN = status quo = MIC = wall street = network of the 1%

CNN is the most dangerous to America

SnakeBoy
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't say he was any more credible than he was before, merely that it was funny. :toast

It is pretty funny. This ones pretty funny too...

Newt Gingrich Says He Probably Won't Accept Position In Romney Administration That Romney Would Never Offer http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/newt-gingrich-mitt-romney_n_1421406.html

jack sommerset
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
It's all entertainment so whichever story you watch or read on any of the cable news, that you fancy, do a little homework on your own to validate. God bless.

Wild Cobra
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I find it's funny that people will find one item and use it against a station or person when they don't like them, and hammer it in. It may be the only item they can find, and they still ignore the multiple items of the same nature when the candidate of media reflects their views.

It happens everywhere and with everyone. The hard part is assessing how much.