PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Better W/O Kobe As Alpha

LobCity
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
The whole season I've wondered how the Lakers were playing .620 ball with 2 superstar players and one solid star. How was a Kobe Bryant led team with easily 2 of the top 5 big men in the same bracket as the Clippers and Pacers and not among the league's upper echelon?

I think the truth is Kobe's "stubbornly" holding on to that title in numbers only but Andrew Bynum is actually the MVP keeping the Lakers respectable.

At 43%, the Lakers no longer need or want Kobe shooting 20 shots a game, not with Bynum and Gasol both shooting 50+. The Lakers need Kobe to finally come to terms with his aging and hands over the reigns to Bynum. Once he does that, he can play off Bynum rather than trying to take over.

I think the Lakers would be a much better team with Andrew Bynum carrying them. Gasol already plays off Bynum very well. If Kobe could admit that he's slowing down and play within the offense, it would make the Lakers very difficult to beat.

Bynum has evolved into an absolute man-beast. He's still immature but I'd take him over mental midget Dwight Howard any day. He's so much more skilled and unselfish and has a lot more on court awareness.

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 01:18 PM
:lmao Clippers
:lmao Flop City
:lmao Blake Griffin
:lmao DeAndre Jordan
:lmao will always be LA's JV team

LobCity
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
:lmao Clippers
:lmao Flop City
:lmao Blake Griffin
:lmao DeAndre Jordan
:lmao will always be LA's JV team

I understand if you want to mask your fears with fake laughs. The truth hurts.

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
:lmao The Clippers are better with Blake "Floppin" Griffin. Real talk
:lmao Baby Drew making DeAndre Jordan his slut

LobCity
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
DeAndre only works for montage highlights and going to the movies with Blake. Otherwise he's a joke.

Bynumite
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
First you learn how to hit free throws, then you learn how to flop.

Reversing that shit makes you look like a stupid mongoloid fuck :lmao

namlook
04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Bynum's FG% has gone into the toilet without Kobe on the floor. Kobe is the engine that makes the team run.

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Bynum's FG% has gone into the toilet without Kobe on the floor.

He shot like shit, man :lol

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Lmao laker fan trying to bully clipper fan on spurs forum :nerd

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes the lakers are better playing through Andrew Bynum. Kobe will not accept that.

Venti Quattro
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe that's why he is coaching the team, he doesn't want them to succeed. :tu

LobCity
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't see what the big deal is. Won't be the first time or the second time a big man carries Kulby.

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 03:05 PM
True dat. Speak the truth! :corn:

pass1st
04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Kobe would be a good coach if he wouldn't lead the lead in technicals....as a coach.

DMC
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Slob City overrated tbh, especially this year.

DAF86
04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Lakers would be a much better team if they play like the Spurs have been playing for some years now, with their best three players as 1a, 1b and 1c.

wanggi
04-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Bynum's FG% has gone into the toilet without Kobe on the floor. Kobe is the engine that makes the team run.

You're right, but they got to replace that selfish old engine with a new one to make the team in better shape.

Of course they will adjust a while after they amnesty Kobe, but they will be a real title contender after some young guns join them.
Can't imagine how good they are. Bynum, Pau, Session, Murphy, Metta, D Williams....
namlook you're a typical Kobist.

I

Mal
04-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Kobe has full no trade, so he isnt going anywhere. All that Lakers can do is to make him happy. Happy Kobe taking 30 shots is still better option for Lakers then unhappy, earning 22 mil and taking 30 shots

Killakobe81
04-13-2012, 08:12 AM
The whole season I've wondered how the Lakers were playing .620 ball with 2 superstar players and one solid star. How was a Kobe Bryant led team with easily 2 of the top 5 big men in the same bracket as the Clippers and Pacers and not among the league's upper echelon?

I think the truth is Kobe's "stubbornly" holding on to that title in numbers only but Andrew Bynum is actually the MVP keeping the Lakers respectable.

At 43%, the Lakers no longer need or want Kobe shooting 20 shots a game, not with Bynum and Gasol both shooting 50+. The Lakers need Kobe to finally come to terms with his aging and hands over the reigns to Bynum. Once he does that, he can play off Bynum rather than trying to take over.

I think the Lakers would be a much better team with Andrew Bynum carrying them. Gasol already plays off Bynum very well. If Kobe could admit that he's slowing down and play within the offense, it would make the Lakers very difficult to beat.

Bynum has evolved into an absolute man-beast. He's still immature but I'd take him over mental midget Dwight Howard any day. He's so much more skilled and unselfish and has a lot more on court awareness.

Lakers better than the SPURS without Kobe Bryant ... fixed.

DMC
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Lakers better than the SPURS without Kobe Bryant ... fixed.
It's pretty obvious that you have a man crush on Bryant given your user name, however he's been the bane of the Lakers' existence for several years. They didn't win championships because of Bryant, but in spite of him. There were many other players in the league (still are) who could fill the role of chucker, but almost none who could fill Shaq, Bynum and Gasol's roles. This is why the Lakers wanted Howard. They knew they had to stack up to compensate for the negatives that Kobe brings to the team on many nights. True, he's sometimes off the charts effective, but most of the time he's a liability. But that's his role, to be the chucker. The problem is that he sees the end of the path ahead so he's picking every cherry he can to add to his basket, and a truthful response from Kobe if asked "do you care about your teammates?" would be "fuck no, I'm gettin' mine".

Giuseppe
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
They didn't win championships because of Bryant, but in spite of him.

He doesn't make that pass to Artest you'd a crucified him. I mean ya crucified him anyway, but, at least he got his 5th and I got:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

out of his crucifixtion.

Stalin
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Mike Brown literally went to bynum and gasol for high percentage shots on every posession, there is no doubt spurfan would have at least kept it close, if kobe went for his usual 7-22. Notice how even mwp developed a rhythm and dropped a career high in points as a laker, without bean out there taking most of the shots.