PDA

View Full Version : Sign In.

DJB
04-12-2012, 02:14 PM
This is a thread for the fans on this site that don't jump ship when the Spurs take a proper ass beating.

The loss was humbling for our players. A reality check for all of them, which is a positive. This team has too much depth and chemistry to give up on after one solid beat down.

Give credit where credit is due. Bynum was a beast. Kobe sat, so the entire Laker team had something to prove, they came out hungry, we didn't.

The Spurs will take a lot from this loss and I'm confident that it will light a fire under their ass.

So, for those that can shrug off a regular season humiliation and believe, please sign in.

:flag:

z0sa
04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
If the reality check is TP going 0-4 in the first half and looking like a punk, then the Spurs don't even belong in the playoffs.

I'll always believe in the Spurs while there's a chance, any chance at all, but my outlook has definitely tilted.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM
DJB, do you believe the Spurs (as currently coached) can beat the Lakers in a 7-game series? Why or why not?

Use at least 2 references.

DJB
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
If the reality check is TP going 0-4 in the first half and looking like a punk, then the Spurs don't even belong in the playoffs.

I'll always believe in the Spurs while there's a chance, any chance at all, but my outlook has definitely tilted.

You can't put it all on Tony Parker. Sure, the Spurs are going no where against a Laker team if TP isn't agressive, but Andrew Bynum didn't grab those 30 rebounds by boxing out Tony Parker.

cheguevara
El Che been preaching all year this team is mostly a mirage. We have not addressed the issues from last year.

But still, I just dropped $200 on Spurs gear for the playoffs. I'm all in.

Real fan checking in...

slick'81
gotta love gnsf

Blake
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I believe this is the fourth "i still believe" thread started/bumped in the last 12-14 hours.

bus driver
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I believe this is the fourth "i still believe" thread started/bumped in the last 12-14 hours.

on the bus :flag:

baseline bum
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
DJB, do you believe the Spurs (as currently coached) can beat the Lakers in a 7-game series? Why or why not?

All that matters is in a matchup of class, Spurs taking that shit in 4.

Reference #1 (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/sports/kobe-bryant)
Reference #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaJr6_XF1Og)

Dex
04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm in for better or worse. And I'd still be in even if we were in the cellar.

Hell, I've been a Cowboys fan for these past 16 masochistic years.

Avitus1
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
In like sin.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
All that matters is in a matchup of class, Spurs taking that shit in 4.

Reference #1 (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/sports/kobe-bryant)
Reference #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaJr6_XF1Og)

:lol

cd98
04-12-2012, 02:41 PM
All in. But hope we avoid Lakers and Grizzlies as we don't match up well with either.

sehui
04-12-2012, 02:41 PM
we just can't play the lakers. avoid them for the playoffs, hope they get injured/get beaten by other teams.

JR3
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
signed in. But I think teams are starting to take it to a playoff level now. We need to be winning going into the playoffs. I'm signing in pencil. If Memphis handles us tonight, I'll be getting my eraser out. I think we will go far, but we have to playing to our potential. I was thinking championship a couple of days ago, My confidence level in the team will be solidified in the next 10 games or so. This is when teams start to pick up their play.

Cory Joseph
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm torching the NBDL...bring me up, RC! Patty looked like an overrated Aussie last night

Jumi
04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
It's quite simple...You play like shit, you get the shit beat outta ya!!! Nothing has changed but a bad game is just that , a bad game! Mike Brown played his guys over 35 minutes last nite. If Diaw would've attempted a few shots from the outside maybe he unclogs the lane. If Timmy outside shot is falling you gotta come out te paint. Let'em rebound the ball as it comes outta the nets. Play more inspired ball going forward. It's that simple!

Jumi
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Honestly some of you guys need to chill the fuck out with all this "we can't win" shit!

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Is that you Dejuan? Are you trying to make an argument for keeping your starting spot?

DJB
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM

I'll say this: Last year toward the end of the season, I vividly remember watching a Lakers/Mavericks game. The date was March 31st, 2011.

I don't typically remember other teams basketball games this vividly. If it's not the Spurs I don't really care. However, this one was different. The Lakers were putting a thorough beat down on the Mavericks in each and every way possible. Mentally and physically. Jason Terry and Matt Barnes were barking at each other. Kobe was getting in to it with Dirk, etc etc. I had never seen a team get in to another as bad as I did this day:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103310LAL.html

I remember saying to my self:"The Mavericks better hope to god they don't have to face this Laker team in the playoffs."

But now you tell me. What happened when the Dallas Mavericks met the Lakers in the playoffs last season?

Legacy
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Of course I'm ALWAYS "IN." But you can't ignore the fact that some chairs need to be RE-arranged-- and PRONTO! Time is almost out, for Chrissakes!

... No more walking on egg-shells and pussy-footing around. There are also THE OBVIOUS OBSTACLES, but I just don't care to go there right now. A blind person could figure it out. Or could he? Nuff said.

In other news... GAME ON TONIGHT!! :flag:

Leetonidas
04-12-2012, 03:24 PM
If our players man the fuck up and don't play like scared, soft pussies, basically a team of Richard Jeffersons against the Lakers/Grizzlies/anyone, then I like our chances. But if they play scared like last night, it doesn't matter. Tony Parker's nuts fell off last night, he didn't do shit, and we will never get anywhere with our best offensive player playing like hot garbage

Reck
04-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm always in, always have been but I'll still rip the players that fall short of what they're suppose to do.

Just because you say something bad about your own team doesn't make you a non-believer or a hater. You just see it for what it is.

There is a line in believing in something and been delusional.

Just saying..

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm always in, always have been but I'll still rip the players that fall short of what they're suppose to do.

Just because you say something bad about your own team doesn't make you a non-believer or a hater. You just see it for what it is.

There is a line in believing in something and been delusional.

Just saying..

Well said.

cantthinkofanything
04-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Bad games happen.

Spurs > Thunder > Bulls > Heat > Kings > Mavs > Lakers

Obstructed_View
04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Nobody but TPark jumped ship, and now he's blaming his "wife" for that.

Man In Black
04-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm telling y'all that last night was nothing more than a military exercise that was foisted upon unsuspecting fans of both teams.

Former Spurs Assistant Coach and current LAL coach Mike Brown got a temporary reprieve with the W with his many detractors in the LA Basin.

Pop didn't give them any notion about the possibility of Duncan Splitter and when all was said and done, the Spurs and the Thunder still have the same amount of losses.

Sucky loss but since it wasn't a playoff elimination...Experiment on Pop :toast

z0sa
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Experiment on Pop :toast

That's just the thing, he didn't. Experimenting would have been overplaying Splitter in hopes he had some success in the paint on either end.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm telling y'all that last night was nothing more than a military exercise that was foisted upon unsuspecting fans of both teams.

Former Spurs Assistant Coach and current LAL coach Mike Brown got a temporary reprieve with the W with his many detractors in the LA Basin.

Pop didn't give them any notion about the possibility of Duncan Splitter and when all was said and done, the Spurs and the Thunder still have the same amount of losses.

Sucky loss but since it wasn't a playoff elimination...Experiment on Pop :toast

I've seen this idea tossed around a few times by you and a couple other posters.

Didn't believe it yesterday and after sleeping on it and thinking it over, I'm still not buying what you're selling. Pop is just in the process of making a mistake that we can only hope he'll correct before it matters (and even then it's likely too late).

z0sa
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Somebody needs to start a Pop meme.

"Spurs outrebounded by Bynum singlehandedly

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/12/04/statistics/p1.popovich.jpg

Splitter plays 15 minutes"

pgardn
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I did not get to watch the game or any "highlights". I stated before the game that for me, means nothing really. So I look at the box score and dont see any huge surprises for me except...

Ron Artest. So I really need help on this one. I do watch the Lakers games streamed. He is the one guy I really love seeing the Lakers play. His man playing D can leave him alone and basically help double. He has been playing better by getting isolated underneath against smaller guys. But honestly, his FT shooting, his 3 point shooting, dribbling, almost everything on the offensive end is just flat out bad.

So HOW does this happen:

FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB
Metta World Peace, SF 40 10-15 5-8 1-3 2 2 4

pts. 26 leading scorer?

How in the fk does hit those 3's? How does he go 10-15? Not many rebounds so it does not look like junk put backs. What the heck happened? None of the stat lines are shocking to me personally except his.

The_Worlds_finest
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
only bitches signed out to begin with...

Horse
04-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm all in we will be fine.

Kuestmaster
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm in.

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I'll say this: Last year toward the end of the season, I vividly remember watching a Lakers/Mavericks game. The date was March 31st, 2011.

I don't typically remember other teams basketball games this vividly. If it's not the Spurs I don't really care. However, this one was different. The Lakers were putting a thorough beat down on the Mavericks in each and every way possible. Mentally and physically. Jason Terry and Matt Barnes were barking at each other. Kobe was getting in to it with Dirk, etc etc. I had never seen a team get in to another as bad as I did this day:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103310LAL.html

I remember saying to my self:"The Mavericks better hope to god they don't have to face this Laker team in the playoffs."

But now you tell me. What happened when the Dallas Mavericks met the Lakers in the playoffs last season?

Key difference. It was on the Lakers court. In fact the Mavs were also down big in game 1 in LA before they came back and won. When was the last time the Spurs had a game where they they were down big and won? It seems Pop tends to throw those games but they actually build fortitude.

Kool Bob Love
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/5e5vfs.gif

:flag:

Paranoid Pop
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Somebody needs to start a Pop meme.

"Spurs outrebounded by Bynum singlehandedly

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/12/04/statistics/p1.popovich.jpg

Splitter plays 15 minutes"

And grabs half as many boards as Blair did in less minutes.

You forgot that.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 06:59 PM
And grabs half as many boards as Blair did in less minutes.

You forgot that.

...Were you watching the game?

Paranoid Pop
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
...Were you watching the game?

Yeah, everyone got schooled.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah, everyone got schooled.

Yet you're pointing to rebounding as a reason to justify Pop playing Tiago only 15? Against a team like the LAL the biggest guys on the court (Tim and Tiago) are going to be out rotating and fronting.

I wouldn't expect them to rebound at their normal rates if they were playing together and I *definitely* wouldn't expect them to rebound well since they were both basically manning the paint by themselves.

While the rebounding wasn't good, this is the sort of game where the wings will have to help them out by crashing the boards while the bigs boxout. Plain and simple, when you're overmatched size-wise you have to play your best bigs.

Splits
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm in, but if you think the meltdown last night was bad, wait until the Griz light us up tonight. Even after that goes down, I still believe, because 2 reg season games does not a season make.

capek
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
What do the Spurs have in common with the Lakers, OKC, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, Dallas etc this season? They've all gotten their ass kicked at one or another point this season. If you write off every team that get its ass kicked, there'd be no team left to win the title. I'm signed in, bought a ticket to the first playoff game, and I'm ready to go! :flag:

DJB
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Key difference. It was on the Lakers court.

I don't care. An ass beating is an ass beating, regardless of the location.

DJB
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm always in, always have been

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif We won't get past the 2nd round (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194709)
Views: 2,179
Posted By Shadowflames (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412)
Re: We won't get past the 2nd round (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5779849#post5779849)

Check again...first.

This spurs team is an absolute joke.

Shit's weak, bro.