PDA

View Full Version : I want one!

Slomo
04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
http://pal-v.com (http://pal-v.com/)

SgHSaNtAMjs

Woo Bum-kon
04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
You wouldn't be able to get off the ground.

Reck
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
You wouldn't be able to get off the grown.

:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-12-2012, 02:54 PM

:lmao

Real talk though, when I'm old and gray these might become a regular sight, but I can't imagine what the insurance would be like once these are mass-produced and on the market

Slomo
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
:lmao

Real talk though, when I'm old and gray these might become a regular sight, but I can't imagine what the insurance would be like once these are mass-produced and on the market

Why?

It's a car while used on the ground, and a plane when used in plane mode. Each mode in itself needs the proper licences and insurances, certificates... But it shouldn't be more expensive compared to owning a car and a separate sport/ultralight plane.

There is no talk of taking off/landing where ever you want you still need to go to an airfield. But then you can drive home and store it in a normal garage.

Slomo
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
?

cantthinkofanything
04-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Why?

It's a car while used on the ground, and a plane when used in plane mode. Each mode in itself needs the proper licences and insurances, certificates... But it shouldn't be more expensive compared to owning a car and a separate sport/ultralight plane.

There is no talk of taking off/landing where ever you want you still need to go to an airfield. But then you can drive home and store it in a normal garage.

There may be no talk of taking off/landing where ever you want but you can be assured people will do it anyway. I think they'd have to put some chip in it or something that would only allow take off from designated areas. That's what I think.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Why?

If and when these (or flying cars in general) are readily available for mass production, I assume all conventional licenses and insurance policies will go out the window.

Slomo
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
There may be no talk of taking off/landing where ever you want but you can be assured people will do it anyway. I think they'd have to put some chip in it or something that would only allow take off from designated areas. That's what I think.

That's the famous "gun don't kill people, people..." argument. But yeah it's inevitable.

If and when these (or flying cars in general) are readily available for mass production, I assume all conventional licenses and insurance policies will go out the window.

If you're thinking about real flying cars, then you're probably right. I recently saw a Mercedes executive saying that the fully equipped Mercs that will be delivered end of 2012, have all what is technically required for the cars to drive themselves - but they won't because of legal reasons/implications.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2012, 03:41 PM
?

he meant you're fat and thusly your weight would not allow for proper altitude

Slomo
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
he meant you're fat and thusly your weight would not allow for proper altitude

He needs to work on his delivery.

CubanSucks
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM

He needs to work on his delivery.

everyone else got it

Drachen
04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
saw this and the other plane looking car and I think I would rather have the heli-car. Either would be cool though.