PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog: Spurs v Grizzlies - 04/12/12 - 7:30pm Central time

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
The Grizzlies are back in town just a night after a blow out by the Lakers with no Kobe Bryant. How will our team get up from this loss and how important is it to win this game?

This game is bigger than last night's in my eyes being that the Lakers were without Kobe and this is the last time we meet the Grizzlies this year before a possible re-match in the playoffs. The Grizzlies are coming into town HOT winning 4 in a row and 9 of their last 11. Zach Randolph is now back in the line-up averaging 14 and 11 over the last 4 games. Will the Grizzlies be coming out to make a point? We have beat them all 3 times this season without Zach Randolph and are going for the series sweep tonight. I'm sure the Grizzlies have something to say about that and will not go down without a fight.

"It's a big game. We really can't lose right now. We're going to keep pushing and pushing. We're just taking them as another team. Obviously, it's going to be a little emotional being that we've been there and have a little history with them. The biggest thing is just trying to keep these wins up." -Rudy Gay

Get the beer ready for tonight boy's it's gona be a good one! I'll be at the game tonight supporting the squad. I expect this game to be much more like last year's matchup in the playoffs. This game is definately a measuring stick to see if we have improved since last year and i'm anxious to see where were at. Hopefully we can get a W and find our momentum again. :flag:

z0sa
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
TP should drop 35 and 10 and not even break a sweat after last night.

slick'81
04-12-2012, 04:15 PM
gasol/speights and zbo meet diaw,bonner and blair

Blake
04-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Spurs come out pissed,imo.

1st quarter prediction:
Spurs 32
Grizz 19

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
gasol/speights and zbo meet diaw,bonner and blair

Yeah. The more I watch the more adamantly I believe that the Spurs are going nowhere with that big rotation.

DJB
04-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Spurs coming out on fire in this 1. I honestly don't think Memphis has a chance after what happened last night.

anonoftheinternets
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
i think Zach Randolph was present the first time we played and won.

Indazone
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Spurs coming out on fire in this 1. I honestly don't think Memphis has a chance after what happened last night.

Don't they have a 7 footer riding their bench who can play? Haddadi?

gambit1990
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
anyone know for sure if anyone's sitting out tonight? i hope not.

dylankerouac
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
The Griz have had a whole season to get their chemistry up just like we have. ZBo is healthy and getting back in rhythm. I know we won the first 3 but this should be a different looking Griz and this win is even more important than the first three games because of how each team's offenses and defenses have improved over the season.

They also know how to beat us and saw that Lakers borrowed their tried and true formula and smacked us down yesterday. If anything, I think these Griz are going to try to remind us of 2011 and use it as a huge confidence boost going into the rest of the season and playoffs. Unlike us, I think they're getting themselves mentally and physically ready for working overtime on the court and it may pay off during the playoffs. Spurs need to start doing the same to make sure the conditioning is there if the big 3 are going to get an increase in minutes during the playoffs.

Most importantly, these Spurs need to show they can fight off at least one of the two-headed giant teams in the West.

cheguevara
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
on my way to get some kind of alcoholic beverage. Can't stand to see 40 minutes of Bonner and Blair sober :pctoss

TimmehC
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm setting the over/under on rebounds for Marc Gasol at 18. Anyone want to take the under?

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 04:50 PM
on my way to get some kind of alcoholic beverage. Can't stand to see 40 minutes of Bonner and Blair sober :pctoss
We're in the same boat then my friend, I'm about to be on my way to do the same thing. :toast

JRHernandez88
I'm setting the over/under on rebounds for Marc Gasol at 18. Anyone want to take the under?
Seriously? I'l take it.

Blake

Under 10, imo

DBMethos
04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
For what it's worth, Go Spurs Go.

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 04:57 PM
The Griz have had a whole season to get their chemistry up just like we have. ZBo is healthy and getting back in rhythm. I know we won the first 3 but this should be a different looking Griz and this win is even more important than the first three games because of how each team's offenses and defenses have improved over the season.

They also know how to beat us and saw that Lakers borrowed their tried and true formula and smacked us down yesterday. If anything, I think these Griz are going to try to remind us of 2011 and use it as a huge confidence boost going into the rest of the season and playoffs. Unlike us, I think they're getting themselves mentally and physically ready for working overtime on the court and it may pay off during the playoffs. Spurs need to start doing the same to make sure the conditioning is there if the big 3 are going to get an increase in minutes during the playoffs.

Most importantly, these Spurs need to show they can fight off at least one of the two-headed giant teams in the West.
I agree completely. The first 3 games meant nothing without Zach, this is the first time we see the Grizzlies from last years post-season. This is a must win game tonight for this teams confidence and identity. I fear a big loss will really affect us. A win however will put us back on track and help overcome the embarassing loss last night. This game is going to be a dogfight.

timtonymanu
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
GO SPURS GO!!

Put that shitty game from last night away and come out focused today. Oh and Splitter better be the 1st big off the bench if he isn't starting.

Mugen
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Pop is going to sit some guys tonight and, for the first time this season, I would not agree with it.

Richie
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
No reason why we can't start Blair if ZBo is coming off the bench.

But PLEASE POP, when ZBo and Gasol are both in, play Tim and Tiago!!! Although I wouldn't mind seeing Diaw on Randolph for a few minutes, see how he matches up

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
No reason why we can't start Blair if ZBo is coming off the bench.

But PLEASE POP, when ZBo and Gasol are both in, play Tim and Tiago!!! Although I wouldn't mind seeing Diaw on Randolph for a few minutes, see how he matches up

I agree. In theory Diaw on Randolph should work but we'll have to see what happens for the most part.

Mel_13
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I agree completely. The first 3 games meant nothing without Zach, this is the first time we see the Grizzlies from last years post-season. This is a must win game tonight for this teams confidence and identity. I fear a big loss will really affect us. A win however will put us back on track and help overcome the embarassing loss last night. This game is going to be a dogfight.

Randolph did play in the first game and the Spurs won the two games in Memphis without Manu.

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Tiago starting tonight.

Mel_13
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Tiago starting tonight.

Prediction or did you hear something?

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Just an idea. But ideas not written down are just dreams, Mel. Remember that.

Mel_13
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Just an idea. But ideas not written down are just dreams, Mel. Remember that.

Philosophy 101 or Jack Ryan?

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Philosophy 101 or Jack Ryan?

You're welcome.

ace3g
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Last time DPG predicted something it came true. The day we picked up Diaw, DPG said he would play in that game and he did; so I'll take his word...

Mel_13
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, off to the game. When I left 24 hours ago, the collective mental health of ST was in a much better place. Hopefully, the next few hours will yield some healing.

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
:lol Only thing that will erase last night is if Tiago starts and there is success because of it.

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Ace thinking with his heart, not his head. That's why we love him.

Robz4000
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
As much as I'd like Pop to start Splitter, I agreed with timvp last night in that it might be a bad idea (right off the bat). It shows he's been shaken from last night's beating and might be panicking. Just bring him off the bench as third big and play him with Duncan for extended minutes.

DPG21920
04-12-2012, 06:13 PM
tick tock

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
As much as I'd like Pop to start Splitter, I agreed with timvp last night in that it might be a bad idea (right off the bat). It shows he's been shaken from last night's beating and might be panicking. Just bring him off the bench as third big and play him with Duncan for extended minutes.

I don't know. I'm sure most of the team recognizes that Splitter's a better player than Blair/Bonner and so maybe they'd view starting him as a move that shows Pop is serious about winning?

Although, I'd be fine with making him the first big ahead off the bench and having him play extended minutes with TD as a starting point. That said, they'll have to do something about his role either now or later if they want to be contenders instead of frauds.

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
off to the game...

therealtruth
Pop's stubbornness is ridiculous. He can't admit when he makes mistakes. Carlisle does it all the time. All coaches make mistakes. I have a feeling he'll stick with something because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

TheSkeptic
off to the game...

Have fun! :toast

therealtruth
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't know. I'm sure most of the team recognizes that Splitter's a better player than Blair/Bonner and so maybe they'd view starting him as a move that shows Pop is serious about winning?

Although, I'd be fine with making him the first big ahead off the bench and having him play extended minutes with TD as a starting point. That said, they'll have to do something about his role either now or later if they want to be contenders instead of frauds.

Exactly. It can bolster their confidence if they know they have starting 5 that can rival any other in the league. The Lakers go into games knowing they have the 4/5 spot covered. The Spurs have that big question mark in the middle. Will Blair be big or good enough?

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Pop's stubbornness is ridiculous. He can't admit when he makes mistakes. Carlisle does it all the time. All coaches make mistakes. I have a feeling he'll stick with something because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

Look, if it's really gotten to that point than he needs to take a step back and let someone else do the game to game coaching. But Pop is a smart guy and so are the members of the big 3. Tim, the assistant coaches, and Manu need to tell the coach what's up.

widowmaker
04-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Spurs come out pissed,imo.

1st quarter prediction:
Spurs 32
Grizz 19

I doubt it. Spurs looked like they lost their balls last night.

ace3g
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Gary Neal will play tonight and Tony Allen will not

xellos88330
04-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, off to the game. When I left 24 hours ago, the collective mental health of ST was in a much better place. Hopefully, the next few hours will yield some healing.

My thoughts exactly. I could use a Spurs convincing win right now. :toast

slick'81
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Gary Neal (stomach flu) and all of his Spurs teammates are active for Thursday's game against the Grizzlies.

This, of course, refers to the Big Three and just about anybody with a pulse on the Spurs roster. With this announcement, owners are nowhere near closer to understanding what Gregg Popovich will do with his gameplan tonight. Good luck.

Source: Jeff McDonald on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Jrome0010/statuses/190583049648472065)
Apr 12 - 7:35 PM

Paranoid Pop
04-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Pop is stubborn and an control freak but he admitted that the rotation wouldn't cut it DURING the game by pulling Blair out of the game. We never learn anything with his interviews, it's the game that tells the story. He also started Boris recently and that wasn't only for rest purposes if you know how he does things. The Tim Tiago frontline was also tested for short periods of times at the beginning of the season and during the RRTrip.

It's pretty obvious to me that his frontline rotation is not set in stone yet.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Milk mustard on my fantasies

JRHernandez88
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Randolph did play in the first game and the Spurs won the two games in Memphis without Manu.

Hmmm don't know why I was thinking he didn't play, I was even at that game.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
The grizzlies could not possibly dominate us on the glass any more than we were last night, so at least we have that going for us

ElNono
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Go Spurs Go! :flag:

crc21209
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Tiago starting tonight.

If you are right, you deserve 10 more Spurs...:tu :lol

loveforthegame
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Hope the Spurs fans at the game are louder than the opposing one tonight.

Glad to hear all the guys are on deck. Too bad Allen is out for the Grizzlies. He always plays tough and he's a good defender.

The bitter taste of last night is gone and now it's time to get back on track.

Go Spurs!!

crc21209
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Gary Neal will play tonight and Tony Allen will not

:tu. Good news for Manu and for all of us Spurs fans. That bastard seems like he wants to hurt Manu everytime he faces him if you ask me...

MB3//
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Duncan guaranteed they'd play better tonight. I'm expecting a playoff intensity from our guys tonight.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
What if manu hurt his knee last night

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Well if he's active I would assume he's playing.

crc21209
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM

He or Pop didnt mention anything about an injury last night so we're good...:tu

NASpurs
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I want a good game from the Spurs to wash that crappy shit from last night. Playing scared and with no intensity was just disheartening to say the least. I hope that was just a fluke more than anything and never want to see it this season again.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
^^ Meh. I expect them to play better against the Grizzlies regardless.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Sandwich lord Bonner interviewed on WOAI now

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Bonner said we need to bring more energy and hit more shots tonight

:pctoss

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:22 PM
This is going to be a long post-season isn't it?

Stalin
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
So you guys think spurs will get dominated by another quality frontline tonight?

NASpurs
^^ Meh. I expect them to play better against the Grizzlies regardless.

Meh what? I've seen that look from the Spurs before against the Lakers and it sucked in the past and it still sucks. I thought that deer-in-the-headlights look had gone away.

TheSkeptic
So you guys think spurs will get dominated by another quality frontline tonight?

No because Z-Bo is apparently coming off the bench.

Nathan89
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Is Randolph starting? If so I hope he shits all over Blair. Every single time down the court if Blair is on him I hope he gets the ball and scores. Also destroy him on rebounds.

td4mvp21
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Meh what? I've seen that look from the Spurs before against the Lakers and it sucked in the past and it still sucks. I thought that deer-in-the-headlights look had gone away.

That was the most frustrating thing. They looked fucking scared - and of a Kobe-less Lakers. Can't even imagine how they would have looked if Kobe had played.

Josepatches_
I sent a tweet to Manu.

Yes,i know surely he's not going to read it and of course I'm nobody but i tried. If a lot of people ask for the same then Pop could change his mind.

I'm pretty sure we could have a last run for the title and it really sucks we are not going to play all our talent.

@manuginobili Dile a Pop que use a Splitter y Duncan juntos. Es de locos ver a Bynum/Gasol y nosotros no utilizar todo nuestro talento

ViceCity84
Parker Duncan Ginobili had 3 days of rest.
They should be ready for tonight.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Oh sorry. I meant "meh" as in I haven't really seen that against the Grizzlies this year but I'm kind of resigned to it when we play the Lakers.

That loss last night was brutal. I really hated the way they lost that one but I don't expect to see the same thing happen today.

silverblk mystix
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Allen is the grizzlies toughest defender so that will change things...should the spurs still lose and the grizzlies don't have allen....it won't be good...

Only a decisive spurs victory will be enough to forget a little about last nights debacle.

ViceCity84
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Z-Bo coming off Grizzlies bench.Tiago can match up with him.
Im liking this matchup more.

NASpurs
04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
That was the most frustrating thing. They looked fucking scared - and of a Kobe-less Lakers. Can't even imagine how they would have looked if Kobe had played.

Yeah, the loss is one thing, can't win them all but the way they lost is what bothers me the most. I hope it was just a mental thing and they didn't give it the same amount of concentration and energy that the Lakers gave it. That's why I can't wait for the next game but I think I might be disappointed with that one too. I feel Pop is going to sit down some people and go down that route of hiding "meaningless" regular season games. :depressed

NASpurs
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh sorry. I meant "meh" as in I haven't really seen that against the Grizzlies this year but I'm kind of resigned to it when we play the Lakers.

That loss last night was brutal. I really hated the way they lost that one but I don't expect to see the same thing happen today.

Sorry if I seemed snippy. A lot of us here are walking on eggshells with each other apparently. :lol My bad either way.

Spurs Brazil
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Spurs call

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry if I seemed snippy. A lot of us here are walking on eggshells with each other apparently. :lol My bad either way.

No problem.

Stalin
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
do you guys think bonner will be able to stop zbo when they match up coming of the bench?

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Spurs call

You can choose.

First time in a long time where league pass is offering both the away and home call.

timvp
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Alright, Spurs, enough with the trolling of Laker Fan. Time to start trying again :tu

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
You can choose.

First time in a long time where league pass is offering both the away and home call.

Seriously? How?

I'm not seeing that option over here.

100%duncan
I can't see us losing this game tbh.

DMC
My predictions for the game:

Agent zero will have a big game

Tim will continue to struggle from outside but will do ok in the paint

Tony will push the ball more, score in the 20s.

I won't tell you about Manu.

Paranoid Pop
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
do you guys think bonner will be able to stop zbo when they match up coming of the bench?

:wakeup

100%duncan
Anyone wants a streaming link? lol yeap poor man here

Fireball
OK, I am awake again ... staying up two nights in a row for the first time this season after this bad game last night ...

GO SPURS GO

ace3g
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
San Antonio Spurs ‏ @spurs

Starters tonight for the Spurs: Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Blair, Green. Watch live on @FSSouthwest. Live Stats: http://sseurl.com/bKo

Fireball
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Seriously? How?

me too ... thank god its not necessary tonight

DMC
04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
woohoo Blair is beasting...

Jax to go off tonight. Maybe a technical

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
We win this game pretty handily. And Pop will say oh ok. Starting Blair works... smh

TwelveGs210
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Lmfao at the fag who who was thinking about Pau and used his pic instead of Speights..

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Blair showed no effort to get that offensive rebound. Just sayin

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Blair showed no effort to get that offensive rebound. Just sayin

Why would he? He's guaranteed a starting spot and minutes no matter how well anyone else plays.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Im having the Memphis announcers damn it

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Timmy!

Spurs Brazil
TD and one!

100%duncan
*Well call a foul. :lmao

Nathan89
Spurs playing this game like a playoff game.

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Seriously? How?

How do you mean how? You can just chance channels. Spurs broadcast is on TEAM5 and Memphis are in the 6th slot.

http://i2.lulzimg.com/1f1c570d93.jpg

Fireball
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
good start on defense

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Blair again.... not even boxing out

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
fucking cancer

Spurs Brazil
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
fucking Blair getting killed again. Man this guy SUCKS

Paranoid Pop
04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Getting outrebounded again.

loveforthegame
Some guys are playing better but rebounding a problem again. Shocking.

SpursRulez4eVeR
spurs are playing sooo soft..

100%duncan
Ridiculous

Robz4000
04-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Blair getting out-rebounded but he's pissing off Marc pretty well...

ViceCity84
Getting pistol whipped on the glass again.

100%duncan
Really? Cancer outrebounding you

SpursRulez4eVeR
fucking blair is so damn useless if he ain't rebounding

suitedkings
getting out rebounded again.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Nice didn't rush. Damn Mayo.

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Chill out people, starting to sound like Giuseppe up here.

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Half way thru... Still Blair is in the game. I'm sorry but after last night I don't want this guy on the court against elite bigs. Now Bonner will be the first "big" off the bench. So f*cking annoying

TheSkeptic
How do you mean how? You can just chance channels. Spurs broadcast is on TEAM5 and Memphis are in the 6th slot.

http://i2.lulzimg.com/1f1c570d93.jpg

...I don't have that at all.

It's not that bad overall I guess.

loveforthegame
Too late to do anything about it this season but got damn the Spurs have to replace Blair.

Spurs Brazil
Blair is a MAJOR liability there He can't get a fucking rebound

Blair would be a scrub in 29 teams and he starts for us. Unbelievable

Manu-20
fuck put splitter in blair getting outrebounded by rude gay for god sake

TE
Same shit, different day.

Nathan89
04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Parker came in trying to bring the intensity. Then the big disadvantage started being taken advantage of. Blair is a non-factor in the paint. Gay didn't even think about taking that ball back out of the paint because he only had a 6'5 big on his side.

Fireball

using internet League Pass (international) you do not have such an option ... I guess thats the difference

DesignatedT
blair non existent on the glass again. whats he in there for again? his layup skills?

timvp
Not a bad start. Aggressiveness is there.

Now it's the bench's job to blow this game open.

Follow the script.

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Half way thru... Still Blair is in the game. I'm sorry but after last night I don't want this guy on the court against elite bigs. Now Bonner will be the first "big" off the bench. So f*cking annoying

Got DAMMIT seriously? Bonner in first over SPlitter :bang:bang:bang

100%duncan
lol bonner getting lost fuck you

Nathan89
Getting beat up physically per the usual. Bonner in playoff form per the usual.

Reck
04-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Is Tim tired? He's barely able to get off the ground..

Manu-20
fucking bonner bricking shots like he should

bklynspursfan
We have 1 rebounder in the game. 1 big man in the paint. How does Tim not speak up about this shit?

DesignatedT
good job tim.

TE
Bonner just adding fuel to the fire.

Paranoid Pop
Bonner vs Zbo or Gasol.

100%duncan
Got DAMMIT seriously? Bonner in first over SPlitter :bang:bang:bang

:pop:

Fireball
04-12-2012, 07:56 PM
just great ... Matty is off

Nathan89
Love that intensity.

Robz4000
:lol Tony floppin

slick'81
damn tony getting after it

TE
There you Tony.

Reck
Mayo was like ninja please.

That was rather funny the way he pushed him like he didn't give a shit.

loveforthegame
04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Happy to see Parker and Duncan bounce back but where was this intensity last night?

Reck
:lol Tony floppin

Not a flop at all. Straight up got pushed.

100%duncan
That was a foul and that wasn't/

TE
Tiago in, Timmy out. Bad sign.

TheSkeptic
04-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Nice effort Jax.

Nathan89
Bonner:lmao

100%duncan
Damn you Bonner,you fucking scrub

jermaine
04-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Timmy has no lift

TheSkeptic
Tiago in, Timmy out. Bad sign.

Yeah. Maybe Pop'll work it out next season.

100%duncan
Maaaaaaaaaaaaanuuuuuuuuuuuu

bklynspursfan
Look how Splitter boxes out

Sa_Spursfan20
Manu 333333333333333 to beat the clock!

Nathan89
Sjaxxx

Tp9gospursgo
Action jackson!

Spurs Brazil
Bonner getting ready for the playoffs

100%duncan
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxx

Reck
Tiago is the key. So obvious.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
Nice shooting, Jack. Now if Bonner would stop being such a pussy in big games.

Keepin' it real
04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
0-3 for Bonner. He should sit the rest of the night, no questions asked. And that's how Pop should play Bonner in the playoffs.

100%duncan
I love how Jax doesn't even hesitate.

loveforthegame
That was nice.

Splitter instant impact.

Manu-20
I dont care what anyone here says the spurs could of beatin the lakers last night if they came to play like they have today

SpursRulez4eVeR
:bang Bonner and Blair :bang

DesignatedT
3sssssssssssssssssssssssss are baaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Spurs Brazil
Jax 33333333333333

Fireball
04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Tiago is rebounding ... if Matty had hit at least one of his three attempts this would be a nice lead

TheSkeptic
Tiago is the key. So obvious.

It's good to see you're seeing it my way. :D

timvp
Am I the only one who liked that Parker refused to pass it to Bonner?

Miss one, shame on me.

Miss two, same on me.

Miss three, shame on me.

Miss four? Nah, F that, tbh.

Manu-20
put Diaw in for bonner he is shooting brick after brick

Spurs Brazil
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Playoffs should be a 3 men rotation, TD, Tiago and Diaw

Too bad it'll never happen

bklynspursfan
It's just incredibly frustrating as a fan. Even when winning. Seeing Tiago get no time. Makes you wonder. Did he sleep with Pop's wife? What the hell happened.

Reck
It's good to see you're seeing it my way. :D

What can I say? You're pretty convincing. lol

TheSkeptic

Miss one, shame on me.

Miss two, same on me.

Miss three, shame on me.

Not at all. That sequence warmed my heart.

bklynspursfan
04-12-2012, 08:03 PM
It's just incredibly frustrating as a fan. Even when winning. Seeing Tiago get no time. Makes you wonder. Did he sleep with Pop's wife? What the hell happened.

With Timmy I mean

JRHernandez88
Not sure if this is the same team that played last night tbh.

jermaine
Bonner gotta go. Why no Diaw

100%duncan
GTFO Bonner. You bitch.

Nathan89
Meanwhile Diaw is warming the bench.

bklynspursfan
Diaw for Bonner......

Stalin
bonner is good rebounder, tbh

slick'81
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM
bbb bonner brick

ViceCity84
Bonner way off

Reck

Miss one, shame on me.

Miss two, same on me.

Miss three, shame on me.

Nah still shame on Tony.

Bonner is such shit. Wow.

loveforthegame
Please get Bonner out. Got damn.

ace3g
Master Splitter Dunk!!!

Josepatches_
Seeing Tiago get no time. Makes you wonder. Did he sleep with Pop's wife?

100%duncan
The Power of PnR!

Sa_Spursfan20
Ohhhh mamma! What a dunk!

loveforthegame
04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Splitter to the bench in 3...2...1.

slick'81
lol bonner running from a 3pt attempt

Paranoid Pop
Bonner ruined the possession lol.

suitedkings
hahaha bonner is shook!

SpursRock20
Bonner is keeping this game close, and not in a good way!

bbarry
Pussy Bonner passed up that 3 because he was 0-4 so far :lmao

100%duncan
Wow, Bonner such a pussy.

SpursRulez4eVeR
f u bonner ffff uuuuuuuu

Nathan89
Bonner is now too scared to even shoot the ball. What does a shooter have to do to not play????????????

Manu-20
fuck bonner if he would of hit half his shots we would of had a 10 point lead at least

ViceCity84
Bonner afraid to shoot now
Loses confidence easily

bklynspursfan
Sigh.

100%duncan
Wow, he is such a pussy, but Blair is way fucking worse.

timvp
F Matt Bonner. Playoff atmosphere and his nvts shrivel so much they created negative space.

F him.

:madrun:

slick'81
Wow, Bonner such a pussy.

bb but hell b there when it matters most come playoffs :lobt2:

td4mvp21
I see Bonner is treating this like a playoff game.

spursince#99
didn't I tell you guys about Pops change of heart? Lol

Fireball
04-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Matt Bonner ... fuck you

Tiago rules ... Manu sees plays developing a little earlier than others

TE
I wonder if Bonner knows how much of a pussy he is. I'm pretty sure he just thinks about it often.

DMC
:lol Matt Bonner

bklynspursfan
Go with Diaw and Splitter at least now.

Kool Bob Love
Where was this Parker at yesterday?

Paranoid Pop
Btw Neal has pressure on him in this game, this is a good test for him.

Reck
04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
F Matt Bonner. Playoff atmosphere and his nvts shrivel so much they created negative space.

F him.

:madrun:

C'mon, you can say it. :lol

timvp
:lmao @ "I'm not sure if Bonner is a choker I need a larger sample size"

DMC
I see Bonner is treating this like a playoff game.
:lol

NASpurs
If Matt Fucking Bonner is not making his threes, then get him the hell out of there, how hard is that? He's not going to give you tough defense and rebounding on the other end so what's the point? :bang

Spurs Brazil
Good 1st quarter.

The bad thing: Turd Towers. See Bonner and Blair playing is tough. It's a real test for my patience

slick'81
I wonder if Bonner knows how much of a pussy he is. I'm pretty sure he just thinks about it often.

i think it crossed his mind when he ran like a pussy from a wide open three

Keepin' it real
Lol Bonner says he didn't catch the ball right, so he opted to do his best Frankenstein impersonation instead. What an embarrassment he is.

spursince#99
Bonner plays like dirty tissue

DMC
We need a Matt Bonner emoticon like the Pop one.

TIMMYD!
Manu- Splitter Dunk!

Russ
Bonner does so many unique things.

I've never seen any player put his head down and charge toward the basket, then see a defender in front of him, and literally make a U turn -- head down the whole way.

Man, he should patent some of those moves. :lol

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Manu to Splitter!

ace3g
Splitter dunk again!!!

Fireball
Splitter again ...

bklynspursfan
But Tim can't play with Tiago. Floor spacing I guess huh? Give me a break

Sa_Spursfan20
Manu to Splitter connection! Gotta love it!

loveforthegame
Wish we'd seen some some of this intensity last night.

TheSkeptic
What can I say? You're pretty convincing. lol

:lol
I do what I can. Though after watching Bonner/Blair near playoff time I figured you'd change your opinion eventually.

With Timmy I mean

I don't think so.

Wasn't there a rumour saying that Pop was proving a point with RC over Bonner's contract or something? At least that's the impression I had from the AceProfits thread...it's been a while since I read it.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Why the fuck do we keep on shooting contested jumpers?

bklynspursfan
Blair for Bonner. No Diaw AGAIN. Wow.

ace3g
Bonner comes out, yes!!! Blair subs in for him, no!!! Put Diaw in the game.

SpursRulez4eVeR
Blair in for bonner :lol :pop:

TheSkeptic
This coach...he can't be serious...

100%duncan
Refs fucking hate Splitter

Johnny RIngo
04-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Bonner - 0 for 4, 0 pts, 0 rebs, 0 asts, 0 blks - How is this POS an NBA player?

slick'81
nice pass dejuan

100%duncan
Action Jax

ace3g
Blair wtf were you trying to do...

slick'81
Bonner - 0 for 4, 0 pts, 0 rebs, 0 asts, 0 blks - How is this POS an NBA player?

floor spacer,+/-, hell i dont know

100%duncan
wow blair. fuck you

Reck
LMAO Blair is so out of shape he cant even run.

bklynspursfan
Pop fucking hate Splitter

Fixed.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Nice move Neal

ace3g
Blair again...

loveforthegame
Blair and Bonner cannot be on this team next year.

timvp
Why isn't Splitter hustling on defense? Don't tell me he's tired . . .

bklynspursfan
Blair at the 3 point line while Splitter is fighting 2 guys for a rebound!!!! REALLY???

Johnny RIngo
Another Blair steal attempt resulting in a Grizzly score

spursince#99
Splitter is a bitch. That should have been a block.

100%duncan
04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Fuck it. We will not win anything with this Rotation. Fuck you Pop.

Nathan89
Blair just giving up points. Diaw just sitting on the bench. I hate this coach.

Russ
Blair is making steals and then handing out assists -- to the Grizzlies.